Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Aria's Heart... THE PLAY... Sequel to Piccolo's Heart ❯ Act IV: Tangled Web ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Saga II: Aria's Heart

Setup: Aria, Piccolo and Kim's daughter, has been sent to another dimension, by the Lord of Darkeness' evil henchman, Nexxus. Nexxus was the only one who could bring her back. Now it is up to Aria to return and defeat the Lord of Darkness. Can Aria survive in this strange dimension of magic and mayhem?

Rememeber (thinking)
#telepathic#
{action or expression}
~~Author's Note~~



Act IV: Tangled Web





Scene I: Library


Aria sleeps on a book that she is unable to read. They have been searching the library for three hours. Xellos has disappeared again and Zelgadis seems to be the only one doing real work. Aria mumbles in her sleep.

Aria: {wakes, shouting} Xellos!

Zelgadis: {whips around} What is it?

Aria: {blushes} Nothing. Look maybe this is the book. This is the one Xellos gave me. I just couldn't read it.

Zelgadis: {picks up the book} Figures. The book you were using as a pillow is the key to finding your way home. {points to the spine of the book} This reads, Dimensional Rifts.

Aria: Oh… heh… where is Xellos, anyways?

Zelgadis: Probably reporting to Xellas.

Aria: But he-

Zelgadis: Xellos is a monster. He lies, he cheats, he plays pranks.

Aria: Is there a tinge of jealousy in your voice? {nudges Zelgadis} If I didn't know better, I'd say you were jealous of how much time I am spending with him.

Zelgadis: I don't care what you do with him. As long as it doesn't affect me.

Aria: Zelgadis… why are you so mad? Don't you understand?

Zelgadis: I am not mad. Anyways, I have to translate this book. {opens the book and holds it in-between him and Aria}

Aria: {pushes the book down} Thank you. {kisses him on the cheek and then runs off}

Zelgadis: {blushes red from pointed ear to pointed ear} (Now, why did she go and do that?) {puts his hand up to his cheek and then went back to reading the book}

-----

Outside the library, Aria sits on the steps with her elbows in her lap as she rests her head in her palms.

Aria: Hello Xellos. {looks up to have the grinning priest in her face}

Xellos: I brought you water. {hold up canteen}

Aria: {sparkly eyes} Oh thank you! {accepts the water} Was that what you were doing?

Xellos: Yep!

Aria: Xellos, what did you do to Zelgadis to make him hate you so?

Xellos: {sits on the steps with Aria} Are you sure you want me to answer that?

Aria: I know you tease him and mess with him… but there was more.

Xellos: I destroyed something he suspected his cure to be in.

Aria: But it wasn't in there?

Xellos: Nope, but he wouldn't believe me.

Aria: Stupid cure. That's the only reason he is helping me.

Xellos: Now, now, I wouldn't say that.

Aria: But what I don't get is why you are helping me? Is it because it makes Zelgadis angry?

Xellos: Very observant. But I have other reasons, all selfish, of course.

Aria: {drinks water} Like what?

Xellos: Nani?

Aria: You heard me.

Xellos: That's a secret… now, I have to keep some. You keep yours, I'll keep mine. {wags a finger at her}

Aria: Xellos… is there a way back home?

Xellos: {stands up and points to himself} I assure you, I will get you back home.

Aria: {grins} Alright! Well I have to get back quickly. I don't want the Lord of Darkness attacking while I'm here.

Xellos: (Everything… over a thousand years… and I gave up everything…)

Aria: What's wrong? You looked so serious, just now.

Xellos: {smiles} Zelgadis has probably finished that book. {walks in the library}

Aria: (I just don't get you.) {skips in after Xellos}

Zelgadis: Alright, we are heading north to a mountain temple. It is a short journey.

Aria: By short, are we talking a couple hours or what?

Zelgadis: We can get there by morning. At least I could. {looks to Lina and Gourry who are kissing}

Aria: So we leave them?

Zelgadis: I think it would be best. Let's just go. (I'm not ever going to have to see them again.)

Aria: What are you planning?

Xellos: Isn't it obvious? He is planning on going with you.

Lina: Is Xellos right? Are you going with Aria back to her dimension? {runs over and confronts the young shaman} What am I going to tell Amelia?

Zelgadis: Amelia! You dare bring her up! {shouts}

Lina: Zel… she loves you.

Zelgadis: She is infatuated with someone I am not! Why do you think I left her behind so many times? Because I loved her? No! Because I couldn't stand her!

Lina: {enraged} Is that why you leave us behind, too?

Zelgadis: No! I leave you behind because you like to rub my face in your humanity!

Lina: I never!

Zelgadis: You did! Every time you showed affection to each other!

Lina: We never meant to!

Aria: Xellos {whispering} It's time to leave. Can you show me the way?

Xellos: Sure. {they leave the library}

Gourry: Why are you yelling? And why did you make Xellos and Aria leave?

Zelgadis: {looks around} What? She left with that mazoku!

Lina: I'm tired of you hiding your true feelings! Why didn't you say our affection bothered you? WE aren't mind readers.

Zelgadis: {hangs head} Look, my cure just ran out that door with Xellos. Can we continue this on the way?

Lina: Fine… {grabs Gourry and casts Ray-Wing}

Lina, Gourry and Zelgadis pursue Aria and Xellos by flying.

Zelgadis: I never told you because I wanted you and Gourry to be happy! I just wanted to be alone!

Lina: And now what, Zel?

Zelgadis: I'm going to get my cure.

Lina: You can't come back though… you'll be stuck in that dimension.

Zelgadis: So? Aria's told me about her world and it seems like somewhere I can get along.

Lina: You really think you'll be happy there?

Zelgadis: Lina, I think I would regret it if I didn't go with her. Not just my cure, either… I said I'd help her and I want to see it through to the end.

Lina: {smiles} Alright, Zel. We'll miss you but, I think it's for the best.

Zelgadis: It is, Lina… but we have to hurry. I don't trust Xellos.

Lina: {shrugs} Who does?

Zelgadis: {mumbling} She does.

-------

Xellos is floating beside Aria who is flying by exerting her ki.

Xellos: You don't have to cast a spell?

Aria: Nope.

Xellos: And there are others in your world who do this, too?

Aria: Yeah, just a group of elite warriors. My dad and my mom are part of them.

Xellos: And you say your dad is from another planet?

Aria: Well, he is a Namek which is an alien race, but he was born on Earth.

Xellos: You know what? I think I'll come help you!

Aria: {does a double-take and stops} What!?!?

Xellos: Well, I'm now wanted by the monster-race as a traitor… so… {smiles wide}

Aria: You want to come home with me?

Xellos: {nods vigorously, clasping his hands under his chin} You'll let me… won't you?

Aria: I guess but…

Xellos: Down. {grabs Aria and pulls her to the ground}

Aria: A monster?

Xellos: Yeah… we have to go on foot. It's safer but I'm sure Zelgadis and them are coming after us.

Aria: Then let them come but I am not just going to be Zelgadis' cure.

Xellos: Good for you. But I'm telling you, he thinks of you, not only as his cure but as a new friend who needs him.

Aria: But I don't. I have you to help me.

Xellos: Yeah, well, it's not a good thing I'm around you. I am a magnet for monsters. They will come to kill me and you.

Aria: You're strong enough and I'm certainly capable of handling my own.

Xellos: That you are…

-------

Zelgadis: What is it, Lina? Why are you staring at me like that?

Lina: Oh, no reason.

Zelgadis: That is a lie.

Lina: Are you in love her?

Zelgadis: Why is everyone asking me that?

Lina: Well, are you?

Zelgadis: Xellos is.

Lina: I didn't ask you- {jaw-dropped} Xellos? But he's a… he…

Zelgadis: I know.

Gourry: What's so hard to believe?

------

Xellos and Aria set up camp.

Aria: Xellos, we are you sitting so close to me?

Xellos: {wraps his arm around her} So you don't get cold.

Aria: But you're cold. {pushes his arm off her}

Xellos: {frowns and whimpers}

Aria: Oh alright… {snuggles up next to Xellos}

Xellos: You smell good.

Aria: {sweat drop} Thank you.

Xellos: I sense something. Stay here. {stands and begins to walk away}

Aria: What is it? {taps his shoulder}

Xellos : {jumps} Gah! Don't do that!

Monster: So it is time for you to die Xellos.

Xellos: {laughs and points} They sent you, Garthas, to defeat me?

Garthas: I will destroy you.

Xellos: {waves his hand around} Oh please stop… this laughter is hurting my side.

Garthas: That's it! {comes at Xellos}

Before Xellos could even blink Garthas was a puff of smoke.

Aria: There… no problem. {pats Xellos on the back}

Xellos: Yeah. {turns to her}

He looks at her his amethyst eyes glowing in the moonlight. She tilts her head. He was looking at her almost primal. His cheery smile changes into a smirk. Aria took in this sudden change. His purple hair shadowing his face except for the glowing eyes.

Aria: What is it?

Xellos: Nothing.

Xellos took in her appearance. The pale green skin and her brown hair… those human-like brown eyes. Her hourglass frame… her bountiful breasts…

Xellos: {cups her cheek} I won't blame you if you hate me… I am a monster.

Aria: You haven't done anything to me, yet.

Xellos: Yet… {leans in and kisses her on the lips}

Aria: (He… He's kissing me? I thought he-)

Lina, Gourry and Zelgadis land.

Zelgadis: I should have known.

Aria: {blushes pushing Xellos away} Zelgadis!






Scene II: ????


Darkness…

MysteriousVoice: So you are going to try to come back? Then come back but now I know what to use against you.

Laughter….

MysteriousVoice: You will not kill me, child. I will kill each one of your friends… then what will you have to live for?

A light flashes…

AnotherVoice: That is a brilliant plan. Have her kill herself… wonderful! But her friends are strong… Vegeta and her father in particular.

MysteriousVoice: Not the one she loves… he is not strong. But first take care of the blasted Guardian.

AnotherVoice: But… Vegeta and Piccolo, sire.

MysteriousVoice: DO IT!

AnotherVoice: Yes… my lord.


NEXT: A glimmer of hope... Aria seems to be having fun with her new friends... what happens when she gets closer to leaving them behind?