Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Aria's Heart... THE PLAY... Sequel to Piccolo's Heart ❯ Act V: Open Wound ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Saga II: Aria's Heart

Setup: Aria, Piccolo and Kim's daughter, has been sent to another dimension, by the Lord of Darkeness' evil henchman, Nexxus. Nexxus was the only one who could bring her back. Now it is up to Aria to return and defeat the Lord of Darkness. Can Aria survive in this strange dimension of magic and mayhem?

Rememeber (thinking)
#telepathic#
{action or expression}
~~Author's Note~~



Act V: Open Wound





Scene I: Forest


Aria looks at Zelgadis, intensely searching for his feelings. He just caught her kissing Xellos. If he doesn't think of her as just a cure, he should have some reaction… but none. He is his normal serious self. Xellos rubs the back of his head, chuckling.

Xellos: It seems you found us.

Lina: Xellos! Just what are you doing?

Aria: {clutches her heart} I have to go home, now… I sense… darkness. I'm worried for my family… my world.

Xellos: {serious} Do you sense those monsters, ahead?

Aria: Yes.

Xellos: That is where we are going, can you pull off that little trick again?

Aria: With all of us? Maybe… but I won't be able to fight for a good five minutes.

Xellos: Lina? You up for some monster slaying?

Lina: Always! But Gourry better stay here. He doesn't have the sword of light anymore.

Aria: Zelgadis… are you still coming?

Zelgadis: {grunts} Yes.

Xellos: There, there, Zelly… {pats Zelgadis on the back}

Aria: {takes Gourry's hands} Bye, Gourry… it was a pleasure traveling with you. {drops his hands}

Gourry: Gee thanks… {rubs his head} Lina, be careful.

Lina: Let's go.

Aria instant-transmissions them to in front of the cave where three very powerful monsters were waiting. Aria sunk down to her knees, doing that twice in one day was not something she wanted to try again. It was so hard to take people with you. She glanced up and realized that Zel, Lina and Xellos had each started fighting one of the monsters.

Aria: (Did I black out for a second?)

Xellos was easily holding his own and the same for Lina but Zelgadis seemed a little out classed. Aria winced as Zelgadis was sent flying again. She looked back at Xellos who seemed to be fighting just as hard, trying to get rid of the monster, he faced.

Aria: Zelgadis… why do you still fight for me? {stands shakily}

Zelgadis: {stands, a bloody mess and casts a Ra Tilt}

The monster Zelgadis is fighting is unaffected by the Ra Tilt. Aria runs over to help Zelgadis.

Aria: You're too weak to handle this.

Zelgadis: {coughs blood} I am going to keep my promise.

Aria: {forms a ki-blast in her hand} Alright… then I'll help. {tosses it at the monster but he dodges} Shit!

Zelgadis: Move. {knocks Aria down but in the process, gets hit}

Aria: ZELGADIS!

The monster stands over Aria, laughing. But just then Xellos whacks the monster, killing him.

Xellos: Victory. {makes a v sign with two fingers}

Aria: Thanks! {rushes to Zelgadis}

Zelgadis is bleeding horribly. Lina comes over, as well and starts casting recovery on him.

Lina: These wounds are too bad for me to handle. But I'll keep trying.

Aria: … {looks at her hands} Dende… please help me. You said I might have the power, but it hasn't been released. Dende… {kneels down and puts her hands on Zelgadis' chest} Alright… come on… {rubs her hands together and replaces them}

A light flows through Aria's body and to her hands. A light engulfs Zelgadis and his wounds are healed. The light dissipates and Aria collapses… completely spent. Zelgadis feels the sudden strength return and feels her head hit his chest. Zelgadis sits up, cradling her and tries to stir her… but nothing. He sees the gash on her head. Zelgadis uses his shamanist recovery spell to heal her.

Zelgadis: Her wounds healed but she's still not waking.

Lina: I feel the same after the Giga Slave. Give her a break.

Zelgadis: She… almost died.

Lina: So did you, Zel.

Xellos: Yeah, Zelly! What were you thinking?

Zelgadis: I don't know.

Lina: That was insane, Zel! You were so close to dying!

Zelgadis: It wouldn't have mattered. {lays Aria down and stands}

Lina: What are you saying? You wanted to die!

Zelgadis: I would have rather her left me for dead then be indebted to her.

Xellos: I kissed her. I forced it upon her.

Lina: You are such a jerk! {puts Xellos in a strangle hold}

Xellos: Ca- t beath. {gasps}

Aria: {wakes} Lina, what are you doing to poor Xellos?

Lina: He told us how he forced that kiss on you!

Aria: He did no such thing! It was a surprise but he didn't force me…. Now please release him… he's coming with me. {gets up}

Xellos: {free from Lina and bouncing from one foot to another} Really, really? You want me to go?

Aria: I already told you, you could. Those monsters are after you… it be better with me… even if I have to face this Lord of Darkness guy.

Xellos: Oh joy! {wraps his arms around Aria's neck}

Aria: {elbows him} Don't touch me.

Xellos: Ow.

Zelgadis: I am coming, too… for my cure.

Aria: You already showed how much you want your dumb cure by almost getting yourself killed… it was already established you are going.

Lina: As exciting as that sounds, I'm going to stay here…

Xellos: Really, Lina? I thought for sure you'd like to seek out new treasure.

Lina: Nyah… I wanted to settle down and get married.

Zelgadis and Xellos: You? Married?

Lina: What's the big deal…

Aria: Damn, I'm never getting married. It's just too much work!

Xellos and Zelgadis: {sweat-drop}

Lina: You'll change your tune, once you get older.

Zelgadis: Can we go?

Aria: Oh yes, please! Let's get going!

Xellos: Bye Lina! {waves vigorously}

They enter the small cave… in the center is a pedestal with a blue orb on it.

Xellos: That there is the dimensional orb. But before you touch it… you must concentrate on your dimension.

Zelgadis: If we are touching you we'll get transported, as well.

Aria: Before we go… can I take a rest? I should be at my full power just in case that Lord of Darkness is attacking.

Zelgadis: Alright… we will wait.

Xellos: {nods quickly} Sounds good.







Scene II: Lookout


Dende reclines on a beach chair with a tanning screen around his neck. Piccolo shakes his head at the careless Guardian. Well, it is his day off. ~~AN: Everyone… even the Guardian needs a day off…~~ Goten has been spending most of his time at the Lookout hoping for Aria to return. Kim all of a sudden runs and knocks Piccolo to the ground.

Piccolo: What the Hell was that for?

Kim: {keeps Piccolo pinned to the ground} I was just feeling playful but if you don't wa-

Piccolo: {flips her over and kisses her} I like playful Kim.

Kim: Well it is better than lack of sleep Kim.

Goten: {rubs his head} Aren't you worried about Aria?

Kim: We had a premonition… Aria's coming back today.

Goten: Really?

Dende: So just chill, Goten… everything… What the Hell?

Dende is grabbed up by a big bug-like creature. Before the bug-creature could snap Dende's neck, Piccolo knocks him clear across the Lookout.

Piccolo: You okay, Dende?

AnotherVoice: You dare get in my way… {mumbles} I told him this wasn't a good idea. But, no… no one listens to me!

Piccolo: Let me guess, the Lord of Darkness sent you.

AnotherVoice: Well, yeah… so if you could kindly let me kill the Guardian… I'll be on my way.

Piccolo: Now you are targeting Dende? Why?

Kim: Oh, who cares? Just kill him.

Piccolo: Honey… um… when did you become so violent?

AnotherVoice: I knew this wasn't a good idea.

Piccolo: Fine… let's get it over with.

AnotherVoice: This can't be good.

Piccolo kills AnotherVoice.

Dende: Your premonition was correct… I sense her ki! {points off the Lookout}

Piccolo gets so excited that Aria is back he teleports to her forgetting Kim. Kim and Goten fly after the ki… leaving poor Dende alone.

Dende: What about me??? That guy tried to kill me!

Kim comes back and picks Dende up…

Kim: Since it's your day off.

Dende: {sweat-drops} So my life being in danger means nothing?

Kim: Now we're behind! I'll never get there!!

NEXT: Aria's back... but did the others come with her? When is the Lord of Darkness going to make his big appearance???? And why does Dende get a day off and not me!!!