Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Delirious ❯ Feelings Flare ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO

FEELINGS FLARE

the next morning...

pan fluttered her eyes open from her deep slumber. her first sight was the black canopy curtains of her bed.

her room was painted totally black, and her room had 2 levels. the top level, which her bed was on, had her cabinets placed

next to her bed. on the bottom level, she had a luxury outdoor jacuzzi and a red punching bag on the right side of the other room.

next to that were a couple of dumbells, and a bookshelf was on the other side of the room.

she pushed her black comforter aside and opened her curtains to exit her sleeping sanctuary. normally, the regular rooms are not like the

decorations in which pan has, but since pan lives here, bura gave her the favor of letting her decorate her own room.

she walked over to the bathroom and cleaned herself.

[ i wonder where hiei's gang is now...]

[okay this is freaky. i shouldn't be daydreaming about hiei in the shower.]

she got dressed into a baggy pair of blue jeans, cut and ripped at the bottom, and wore a black tanktop, leaving her hair loosely down.

her hair was still wet and very long, up to her waist and was straight on the top, and large curls were at the ends of her hair.

she strode down the stairs and saw the gang downstairs stretching. she also saw bura, who was yelling at them for stretching in the lobby.

"THERE IS A GYM YOU KNOW! GO IN THERE!" bura continued to fume

kurama looked up while stretching, "theres too many people...besides, i want to stay to see your pretty face." he gave a smile,

and in result she turned blushed a bright red. "whats the matter? your color's changing..." kurama teased.

she blushed even more at the fact that he noticed, and she fumed even more
"ITS BECAUSE IM SO ANGRY AT YOU GUYS!!" bura quickly yelled.

"whoa..bura, calm down." pan soothed, putting her hands on her friend's arms.

"breathe in and out in and out" she instructed as bura followed.

"morning, fiesty. looks like your friend has the same personality." hiei retorted.

"shut it, hiei. why are you all stretching anyway?" pan asked.

"dark tournament." bura responded for them

"...dark tournament? are you kidding me? you guys are fighting in the dark tournament?" pan's eyes widened

"you know it. and we're gonna win." yusuke gave a thumbs up.

"jeah, in your dreams! i've seen the guys that participate in the dark tournament, and they are not mice! you'll get your ass kicked!"

"calm yourself, fiesty. we got it under control." hiei cooly brushed her off as he got up. the rest followed.

pan growled in response. hiei smirked. he loved teasing her like this. they exited out the door.

"we'll be back at about 7:00 PM, human time. see ya later! and tell keiko wakes up, tell her not to worry so much." yusuke waved.

kurama gave bura a smile and he gave a wink as he turned to walk out the door. bura's face tinted to a bright pink.

"lets get out of here." pan urged her love struck friend on and yanked her out the door.

"where are we going?" bura asked, noting the fact that pan is following the guys.

"the dark tournament." bura's eyes widened. "your crazy!!"

"fine. if you dont want to see kurama, then okay. i'll see you later!" pan winked as she flew up.

"hey wait!!" bura flew towards the sky.

* * *

they arrived, and crept into the stadium. the match has already begun.

they sat on air from the way top of the open stadium, unable to get seats.

"there they are." pan directed, pointing downwards.

"and it looks like the match already began" bura added.

"hiei's fighting, huh?" pan looked closely at him.

"oh my gosh! hiei's hurt! look at him! hes bruised to the bone! no wonder hes limping!" her eyes were filled with despair and paranoia.

"dont worry. he'll do fine...pan...why are you so worried? his sister can always heal him, right?" bura curiously asked her, remaining calmly.

"i guess so..but-" pan was interrupted by a sudden explosion.

the opponent has shot a fire at hiei, and hiei is knocked out cold. pan and bura gasped.

"hurry! we've got to save him! bura, go find yukina. she has to come with me NOW" bura did as followed.

down at the stage..

"dont worry about it. hiei's gotta go and get some rest. hes still alive--just knocked out. i'll take him back home." kurama said, picking hiei up.

he got up and ran out of the stadium. on the way he met pan.

"pan-chan? what are you doing here?" kurama asked

"nothing. i'll take hiei." she took him off of kurama's arms.

she carried him on her back. "good luck, kurama. oh yea...and bura came all the way out here to cheer for you...but looks like her plans were spoiled."

kurama smiled to himself at her statement.

"tell her i said thank you, and i'll see her back at the hotel. goodbye, and take care of hiei for the team." kurama yelled back as he ran into the stadium.

quickly as she can, she flew off to the hotel, hiei on her back.

she finally arrived, and she carried him up to her room. she lied him down on her bed.

she went over to her kitchen and poured some water into a bowl and grabbed a cloth, some bandages, and peroxide.

"whew..." she was relieved. she stared at his cut up, bruised, yet handsome face, and gently carressed it with her finger.

she dipped her cloth into the water as she gently wiped his forehead and face.

[such a beautiful face...]

she said to herself, continuing her cleaning.

he had a wound on his chest, and he still had pain in his eyes. she poured some peroxide on the cloth as she ran the cloth down his chest,

wiping the blood. he cringed at the stinging sensation but soon relaxed.

her door was opened by bura and yukina, panting in weariness. yukina ran over to hiei and healed him.

she let out a sigh.

"dont worry, he'll be okay...he's sleeping now...the pain is gone, but the blood stains and everything are still there. so just keep cleaning his wounds, okay?"

yukina made it sound so easy. and pan loved it when she did, her voice seemed to cheer everyone up.

"thanks yukina." pan gave a smile.

"...sissy?"

"yes?"
"...do you...like my brother?" yukina reluctantly asked her.

"well of course i do! i mean hes like--"

"no..i mean do you...have affection for him?" yukina corrected.

she was silent for a moment.

"why do you ask?" pan questioned.

"i dont know...just...when i see you two together...it often seems like you two belong together...or maybe last night..

i saw him looking out at the window of the elevator again...it looked like he was thinking of you..." yukina answered

pan was silent for a while again.

"well...whatever happens...i hope i'm happy..." pan simply said.

"mm. me too. well, i'll leave you alone now...bye!" yukina said, walking out the door

bura was still on the floor, exhausted.

"wow...that girl...so...ener..ener...energetic.." bura said in between pants.

pan just smirked at her.

"i guess i'll leave you alone too..." bura said, getting up, walking wearily out the door as she closed it.

pan continued to clean his wounds. she just stopped, and looked at him.

"baka hiei...i know you're always getting on my nerves and stuff...always teasing me...you've done that your entire life...and i know that

i'm always slapping you and screaming at you...goodness...i hope your okay, hiei...because i would hate it...hate it if you were

close to death like this..." her eyes were close to forming tears.

"i'll leave you to rest, hiei...i'll be here when you wake up..." she watched him for a while, until she started to fall asleep.

about 1 hour later..

hiei cringed. his eyes opened slightly. they fully opened and he eyed the black canopy and dark environment.

he turned to his left, and saw pan, asleep, resting her head on her laced fingers. he stared at her for a while.

[ nice room...]

[ i would have it no other way...]

he just stared at her, and picked up one strand of hair as he moved it from her eyes.

[ she is probably the most beautiful half ningen i have seen in my life...]

[ although i would never let you know it...]

[ did you do all this for me? rested me to your bed? cleansed my wounds?]

but of course, his thoughts of daydreams were interrupted by his cynical side.

he flicked a finger at pan's nose, making her wake up completely.

he smirked when he saw her completely surprised.

"BAKA!!" she yelled, slapping him across the face.

he laughed as he rubbed his cheek. "you come here, helping me, worried sick, cleaning my cuts and bruises, and here you are, giving me more of them."

"hold on now! who said i was worried!" pan fumed. hiei just laughed some more. "calm yourself, woman." hiei just said.

but his smile went away as he just looked up at the ceiling, looking upset.

"...hiei? whats wrong?" pan asked him.
"...nothing" hiei coldly responded.

"yes there is. now tell me."

"i told you, there is nothing wrong with me, woman..." he snarled at her.

pan let out a sigh. "...hiei...i really was...i was worried about you.." pan said, turning red and looking away.

this grabbed hiei's attention.

"i was worried sick...the truth is...hiei...if you...did die...i dont know...what i would ever do...with myself..." pan reluctantly spoke the truth,

turning even redder.

hiei just stared at the side profile of her face.

he was silent for a moment.

"......i know." he just said. there was another silence.

"i...i..." he stuttered, having difficulty of letting his pride down.

"you...what?"

"i'm.. just..." he said slowly. "disappointed in myself..." hiei muttered quickly, looking away.

pan just stared for a moment.

she placed her hand on his own.

"keep going" she said, having the desire to have hiei open up to her more.

[ that touch...]

[ it seems to melt everything away...] hiei thuoght.

"disappointed that i have lost my first fight...to that bastard. i should..." he clenched up his fists.

"...i should have won. i was so confident," hiei finished.

[ looks like this match meant alot to him...]

she said to herself

"hiei...people...make mistakes...you shouldn't beat yourself up for that...i'm not going to tell you to try again...because that sounds so cliche. so

dont try again...try DIFFERENTLY..." pan advised.

hiei looked at her for a moment with the most sincere look in his eyes, one that no one has ever seen before. but pan knew it

wouldn't last for long. his eyes suddenly changed to the usual scowling.

"i dont know what your talking about" he muttered.

"...and hiei...you dont have to be so cold all the time...don't be so uptight and afraid of letting your guard down once in a while..."

hiei looked at her for a long time, and pan didn't look away. she just stared right back into his dark eyes.

hesitantly, hiei lifted his left hand and caressed her right cheek. she blushed to a light pink, and she took his caressing left hand as he continued to touch her cheek.

he let go.

a smile slowly spread across her face.