Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Union of Souls ❯ Prologue: A purging we will go! ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author's Notes: Are any of you all dead sick and tired of that entire Vejiitasei purges Chikyuu cliche? I am soo fed up with it, I wrote an AU reversed! Ha! I have had it up to here- (places her hand close to her neck) with that crap! Always the same, she is taken, as a slave, and catches his highness eye. Give-me-a-break-people! Spare me. In this particular fic, The Earthlings purge Vejiitasei! This time, Bulma is the Saiyan, and Vejita the human. (Humans are from Vejiitasei, and Saiyans are from Earth!) This time, Vejita is the smartmouthed scientist/inventor, and Bulma is Saiyan no Oujo! Could be a V/B or V/CC or a G(K)/B G(K)/CC! Now that we've got that out of the way, let's see of matters play differently shall we?

Almost everyone in this fic has a role reversal. By either atittude, or demeanor. This is a role reversal for some of the more 'cherished' characters. In this fic, Vejita and ChiChi are *gasp* best friends! So is Bulma and Goku! Instead of the usual where Bulma and ChiChi come as slaves... Vejita and ChiChi come! Hehhehe.. *ack*wheeze* (Bulma's my fave character')

Disclaimer: Akira Toriyama (Say that three times too fast) owns Dragonball/Z/GT, along with FUNimation.. *cough*losers*cough* So don't sue me for what I don't have!

A Blessed Union of Souls

Prologue: A purging we will go!

"Father! You can't actually expect me to go can you?" An angry Bulma Briefs said to her father King, Bryan Briefs of Earth.

Her father glared at his only child, and hier to the throne. Latetly, she had been acting out way more than usual. Openly calling him a bastard, and a weakling. He knew that ever since his daughter became the legendary, she was planning his execution. Actually, he could stop his own death, by further proclaiming all assasination attempts againt the King were punishable by death. That was a way to escape. Even Bulma would not disobey the laws set by him. He was, at least for now still king.

"BUT WHY!!" She cried again, disrupting him from his reverie.

"It is time you learned how to rule a kingdom daughter. Come child, I wish to speak with you in a more private place." Bryan said, exiting the throne room.

"Father, there is no one in here, and I can't sense anyone!" She said annoyingly.

Bulma walked with her father into his private study. He sat at his desk, and motioned for her to sit opposite him. Bulma complied, her hair bouncing ever so slightly as she walked. She sat down, and glared at her father, awaiting his explanation.

"Bulma-chan..." He sarted off. 'Bulma-chan? Since when am I Bulma-chan? What happened to brat?' She had a feeling her father was about to drop a bomb. "I know that you are planning my death, sweetheart. I accept it as it is custom. " Bulma quirked an eyebrow, so the old man knew eh? "But, I have a few things to tell, and ask of you." He said, looking down at the princess.

"I'm listening father." Bulma said seriously.

"Have I raised you properly in your opinion? Do you feel cared for?" He asked sheepishly.

"What?"

"Answer the question!" He said a bit more firm now.

"Father.." Bulma sighed. Why was her father acting this way? Had he finally hit senility? "Father, I believe you raised me to be a strong warrior princess, and in the future a strong queen." She said turning to her father with a rare smile.

"I know that even though you don't say it much, you care because you want me to be the best ruler Earth has ever had, or will ever have. Not because I am the legendary, but because I am your daughter."

"I am not going to kill you father. It is only done when the child rebels againts his king or queen. You are my father and I love you, but your time is up old man. I am now the strongest Saiyan alive, and it is time I ruled in your stead." Her eyebrows closing together.

She said truthfully. They locked eyes for a few moments, before the King cracked a smile. King Bryan looked at his daughter. Where had the years gone? When had she become so beautiful? Just like her mother, she was such an exotic creature. Her blue hair, and azure eyes. When she had been born with a blue tail, the doctors declared it an bad omen, and wanted to see her put down immediately, partially because she was a female, and because of her looks. Bryan saw otherwise. She was a beauty, smart, and a natural born leader. She word serve Earth well.

"Bulma, when you return from your mission, I will proclaim you queen, that is after you get a mate!" He said pointing his index finger at her.

"Why do I have to go to Vejiitasei, father? I am a princess dammit! I don't deserve this kind of shabby treatment! And as far as this mate business goes, all of the Saiyans of of Earth are idiots!"

"What of Kakkarot?" King Bryan asked pointedly.

"Kakkarot? Kakkarot is my best friend father! I do not love him in that way! At least I do not think I do." She said quietly. "He's also a third class warrior, and as I recall, it is forbidden for royalty to take a third class as a mate."

She said smirking at her father.

"There is an exception Bulma-"

"Ahh yes.. the Saiyan Bond!"

"DAMN!" She said balling her fists tightly. "Still father, must I go to Vejiitasei? They are all weaklings!"

"Bulma, you have to! We have to boost morale with are army! Who better than the princess of Earth herself! Besides, when was the last time you were on a purging mission?"

"Fine! But I will not bring you back any new slaves!" She said bustling out of the room. As soon as she was out of the room, her best friend, and bodygaurd Kakkarot, came beside her. She failed to see him, and he almost flew into her father's doorway, which she conveniently left wide open.

"How goes it Bulma?" He said in his usual grinning way.

"Kakkarot! What have I told you! Call me Princess Bulma, when we are in public!" She chastised.

"Sorry, Bulma, I couldn't help it. You know me, I'm so absentminded, that I just don't-"

"Shut up Kakkarot."

"Yes majesty."

"Pack for Vejiitasei, Kakkarot, we are going to pay some weaklings a visit. "

"Vejiitasei, but thats billions of lightyears away! It would take.." He stopped and counted on his fingers. "3 months to get there!"

"Actually, it would take 3 months 4 days, 2 hours. and 17 minutes, to get there. We will be in suspended animation. The hypersleep would wear off when we reached Vejiitasei's atmopshere."

They headed for their rooms, each beginning to pack what would need. Normally, Bulma would have called a slave to do it, but she discovered that they were nosy, and would pilfer through her undergarments, like the little perverts they were! She knew that she could kill them all for their insolence with a flick of her wrists, but even they weren't worth that.

Meanwhile on Vejiitasei

Kami of Vejiitasei was worried. He had gathered the Z-senshi together alerting them of what was to become. He knew the Saiyans would reach planet fall in about three months. He had told thema years time to be ready, but now, he knew that they were preparing to leave their home planet. Even with all of them combined, they didn't stand a chance against the bodygauard of the princess. He had taught Piccolo, ChiChi, and Vejita all of the strongest attacks he knew, in hopes that they would be able to thwart the evil Saiyans coming.

So here they were, Vejiitasei's last, and virtually unknown line of defense. These brave men and women, and Namek, were the last hope Vejiitasei had of surviving. King Kai had taught Kami the Spirit Bomb, and he in turn taught it to Vejita and ChiChi, as Piccolo automatically knew it from their connection.

"Where are Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yajirobei I thought you assembled everyone?" Yamucha asked, when almost everyone was gathered.

"They were still busy training. They are not all at the same power level as you, and they need more training time."

"Kami, if they just left for Vejiitasei, wouldn't you say we should stop training so rigurously?" Kuririn asked.

"Baldy! Are you insane? Why would we want to do that? We need all the training time we can get!" An angry Vejita spat at the smaller man. Both were short in description, but Vejita was the strongest of all of them.

"Hey! You don't have to get testy, Mr.Knowitall! All you have even done is invent gizmos that you think will stop them!" Kuririn shot back.

"Actually, he's trained and invented. But that's neither here or there. I for one understand the point Kuririn is making. We have very little time left, we have been training non stop now, for a year. I will train for two more months, then I am going to enjoy my time here. It may be my last few months." ChiChi said suddenly.

"I guess you're right... But still, if any of them mess with me, they'll get it! Saiyan or no!" Vejita said with a clenched fist.

"Kami, what else can you tell us about these Saiyans? You only told us that there were two." Yamucha said.

Kami looked at his children. He could not let his planet be destroyed. Too many innocent souls would perish, and he would not allow it. This was his planet too, and by gosh, no one would take it away from him! Not even a tyrannical warrior race.

"The Saiyans are from a planet called Chikyuu, or Earth, to be more precise. They are all incredibly strong, and they have the ability to transform into a giant were-ape with seemingly limitless power. The planet is ruled by a King by the name of Bryan. He has a daughter, Bulma who is coming to Vejitasei with her bodyguard Kakkarot. She is said to be the Legendary Super Saiyan. A being so powerful it's godlike. They are not the only people we have to worry about. Another tyrant, by the name of Freeza will soon be joining the lsit of people that want to takeover Vejiitasei."

"Any idea when this 'Freeza' will get here?" Piccolo asked his counterpart.

Although they knew certain things about one another, Sometimes they would block out thoughts or experiences, until later. Normally they found out what the other was hiding eventually, but there were something that were meant to be kept hidden.

"How powerful is this Princess Bulma, compared to Freeza?" Vejita asked.

"No one knows. The two have never faced off. Some of the other Kais have told me that they have never faced off, but that it would be hard to tell. Freeza has many forms, and so does the legendary Super Saiyan. There is a way to get them on our side, at least the Princess." He said slowly.

The group was silent, slowly digesting this new bit of information. So there was a way she could be stopped. But how? As if someone had asked the question, Kami gave the answer they all wanted to hear.

"The Princess can change her ways, but only through what is called a bond. She isn't really evil, but by looking at her, you can't tell. A bond is a connection between two people, more specifically two lovers. When a Saiyan bonds, that person is linked physically, mentally, and emotionally, with that other person forever. It is uncommon for Saiyans to bond, and near impossible for royalty, but one can only hope."

"It looks like it's going to be a looonnnnggg three months, you guys.." Kuririn said at an attempt at humor. Everyone was was to deep in thought to notice or to care.

Author's Notes: I will add more Vejita in the next chapter. I still don't know if i should make it a V/B and G(K)/CC , or V/CC and a G/B. I mean I did say this was not your average AU. Most AU's with this storyline have Vejita and Bulma getting together, along with ChiChi and Goku. I want something new, and that does seem appealing.. Hmmm... What do you guys think? Lemme know! REVIEW THIS PLEASE! That was a bit desperate neh? Ah well.. I'm a sucker for sucking up!