Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Union of Souls ❯ Inside my pride there lives a me, that knows humility! ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author's Notes: Welcome to Chapter Nine of ABUoS! I have decided to do more chapters of this rather than update The Cause Of Original Sin. Forgive me those that are impatient for that fic, but this is a personal favorite of mine. Anyway, Goku and Bulmared are more involved, and Kakkarot alerts Bulma of his knowledge of her being afraid. Bulma and Kakkarot admit things to each other, and conflicts are resolved and arise. Thanks for the reviews everyone. I really appreciate your input. I find them amusing if anything. I am too lazy to do a side story now, so I wanted him to be in a later chapter. This was composed as quickly as I could because I do not like to wait long for fics either. Mail me at ThwartedShanni@hotmail.com Not to worry though, come winter break I plan to have a lot of work done.

Disclaimer: Thank you Toriyama-san. That's all.

A Blessed Union Of Souls

Chapter Nine: Inside my pride there lives a me, that knows humility!

"You're beautiful!" Goku repated once more. He stood still, his body frozen in place. "I mean, you are stunning!" He blurted out.

Bulmared shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Of course I am beautiful. What, you thoughtiwould remain a brat forever?" She said, looking away from him. She knew if she looked him in the eyes, she would be entranced in his dark eyes forever. She found him very annoying, an overall jerk, but still... She loved him. She stepped back, she now being the one to retreating.

He stepped forward.

"What are you doing?" Bulmared cautiously. Her red hair flaming in the breeze that had graced them. Goku watched transfixed as the wind played with her hair.

"You inspire me." He said tracing the line of her collarbone with his index finger. "The way you make me feel inside is amazing."

"W-What? What are you talking about?" Bulma asked, generally confused.

"Didn't despise my very existence just a moment ago?" She asked, her confusion growing.

"That may have been the case, but no longer." He admitted, shrugging his shoulders offhandedly. "

Bulmared pulled something out of her pocket. It wasa small horn, and she placed itin his hand.

"Blow on this." She commanded.

"What novelty is this?" He asked, taking the horn from her hand.

"It is the dear horn, fool! Now blow on it, and you shall know for certain."

Goku took her advice and blew. A low rumble emitted from the horn, and appeared to be coming from her. It was her! She was the one! The dear horn had gave him a sense of truth to all that he had feared. "You are the one! I will sacrifice anything for you. Most definitely."

Now it was Bulmared's turn to be uncertain. She sighed. "If only you could fly." She said regretfully.

"Who said I can't fly?" Suddenly, Goku floated a little, and came back down. "I never had a use for flight before, for it would only take me where I didn't want to go, but now I want to fly with you."

Bulmared smirked, now it was she who could treat him like he treated her. Somehow, what she had been waiting for had not come to her. She didn't wanted to use and manipulate him. She knew she loved him, that was simple destiny. Something inside her actually wanted to love. The irony was not lost on her.

"You will forsake your previous childishness?" She asked, her voice wavering. She had come to far to be hurt now. Just because they were True Love's and destined mates, and all that other mushy gibberish didn't mean he could hurt her.

"Yes. Come fly with me, my sudden love. We have more than geography to explore." Goku said with mischievious smirk. He said, holding his hand out. Bulmared blushed slightly, but placed a tentaive hand in his own.

"You've got such a wonderful soul. I can tell, simply by being in your presence."

"Yes, and do you realize that I am your True Love? I no longer have to chase you do I?" She said, regaining her annoyance at what he had put her through. Goku shook his head no and laughed.

"No, I'm afraid it is you should be worried about being chased.."

Chiaotzu rested his sleeping body against the warmth of Piccolo. They had taken a comfortable stroll, because Chiaotzu had become impatient to see the lands of Ptero, and wanted nothing more than to walk amoung the glades of the forest, just below the Rockies. After a half hour of flying, he grew tired, and was now cuddled up to the warm white cape of Piccolo. As of now, he was having another strange, yet foreshadowing dream.

It was summer on Earth, and it looked beautiful outside. He knew he was on Earth because Bulma had described the planet to him in great detail. He wore starnge clothes -fine silk material that laced his skin. He saw that Bulma was gesturing for him to come forth. He abade her wishes and sat comfortably on the futon she had placed next to her. There was another person on her right side, but he could not make out whom the man was. Somehow he knew the figure was male, something about the shadow exuded masculinity.

"We are preparing for war, little one." Builma said gravely. She touched his cheek lightly, and he giggled happily. He knew what war was, but it upset him greatly to hear of such things when Earth was in it's 'Pax Earthena' The Saiyans declaration of peace, and goodwill. It had be broken. Broken like the seal of a letter, or the promise of hope.

"Bulma-sama; please explain to me, why a universe so full mystery, a place so bitter, and still so sweet.." He trailed off, bowing his head. "So beautiful, and yet so sad, sad.."

"Chiaotzu.." Bulma began., reaching out to him. Chiaotzu shied away.

"Why have you grown to love me, when you shall leave me anyway?" He said, his eyes welling with tears. "Bulma please explain to me. Why do the Saiyan forests march to desert speed? While snowcapped mountains melt away -what will you tell your baby? What will you say?" Chiaotzu asked, seriously contemplating if he would have these questions answered, considering his Bulma-san was soon to be fighting Frieza.

"I will say what needs to be said." She said, her back facing him. "You worry too much for a child your age. You must remain relaxed. It is not right to feel such... adult emotions."

"Unbridled hatred will kill those that seek to avenge the pain. You work the army too hard. They are tired, and weakened from training." He replied.

"I grow tired of your lectures child! I am the adult you are the brat!" The woman yelled, her face cloaked by the shadows. She walked off in a huff. When she was out of earshot, Chiaotzu finally spoke. What was wrong with her? The woman whom he had grown to love? The woman he had thought but, was always afraid to call 'mother'?

Chiaotzu woke clutching Piccolo's cloaks desparately. He was nervous and afraid. The vision was clear to him. They were going to be facing many troubles before things were to ever get better. Hesettleddown intot he warmth of Piccolo once more, as the Namek meditated against a tree. He was worried about everything that was headed their way.

Tienshinhan, please watch over us.' Chiaotzu prayed to his best friend.

Bulma felt herself swimming in ecstacy. Kakkarot's touch was so gentle, yet masculine. He felt so powerful when she held him, but when when she sought the comfort of his warmth, he felt soft aspillow. It was a precious balance in between that she sought. She knew she could easily move out of his kiss, but she did not. She remained lip locked to him, and when the necessity of air came, she released herself from the kiss.

"Please, Kakkarot. Stop. This is not right." She chastised, pulling him away from her. Kakkarot immediately lightened his grip.

"We shouldn't have done that." She said looking away, her back facing him. He sighed,and looked down. "Hai. I know.I just had to tell you how I felt."

"What you've become, just as I am..." He started, moving closer. He was but a few mere inches away from her neck. "Are you and I so unalike, Bulma?" He said, placing his hand on her arm. She lfinched, and within a nano second, she had him pinned to the tree.

"Stop it Kakkarot." She said looking into his eyes. He could see genuine seriousness in them. "I can't allow you do this to me." She said, pushing him further into the trunk of the tree.

"What have I done to you Bulma?" He said, looking her in the eyes. There he could discern fear, sadness, anger, and an elusive emotion that danced across her eyes.

"How could you kiss me Kakkarot?!" She said, the tearsnow flowing down her face, as she lightened up on her grip. "Why?!" She sobbed, pushing him back against the tree again.

"I can't help it, Bulma! I'm sorry, but I did it because I love you!" He bit back angrily. Why was she overreacting. "I'd do it again too. There! I said it!" He shouted, hoping she would let him free of her death grip.

"Stop lying, Kakkarot! You don't love me! You just ruined our relationship. You were one of the few people I could actually talk to, but then you had to go and say that!"

"It's true, I want to be with you. I love you. I am in love with you, and there is not a damn thing you can do to change that." He whispered, rubbing her arm. Bulma snatched her arms away, and Kakkarot fell to ground. He stood up clumsily, and stared at her.

"You can treat me recklessly if you want to Bulma, but I love you. I love the way you smile at me." She pushed him. "I love the way your nose gets all scrunched up when you are angry." Kakarot said, as Bulma pushed him again. "I love the way your smile is crooked sometimes." He grimaced as she punched him in the stomach. He stood up shakily, but a smile was still plastered on his face. "Most of all though, I love how you are everything I want to have." He chuckled, as she dropped kicked him, her eyes watering with tears. "Strength," He began, as he blocked her latest attack. "Courage," He huffed, as he leaned over after she kicked him in the back. "and Wisdom."

She raised her hand to slap him, but for once, her actually caught it before she reached his face. His skills had definitely improved she thought through the raging war that her mind.

"I know you are afraid to love. You think I'll hurt you. But I'my our bestfriend, and I love you. I'll keep saying until you get the point. No matter if you send me to the dungeons, are even try to kill me, which I doubt you'll do because I know when you are ready, you will come to me."

She stood there and sobbed. She was being weak. Letting a low third class baka get the better of her. It was his fault she was crying! How dare he talk to her in such amanner. She was his Princess! He had to show mroe respect that what she was currently being given.

He kneeled on the ground, and looked into her eyes.

"I want you to know you don't have to be afraid anymore. I'm here to serve you. You are my Princess, and I will protect you until my dying breath. Please don't make me wait forever." He said with a small smile.

"Just.. just go away Kakkarot." She said, her tears drying, and her eyes downcast.

"As you wish." Kakkarot obeyed, leaving the Princess with time to think.

Footnotes: Oh my goodness! That was short. I mean, I know. No need to remind me okay? We all know Bulma's just being a big fraidy cat, not lettin' Kakkarot love her and all. hat about Chiaotzu? What does he see? And how come Piccolo said nothing? Not to worry, Bulma wil just hafta lighten, and loosen up. We can't have her allow a good man pass her by can we? Next chapter more stuff, and Bulma begans to notice the 'little things'. Reviw this fic please! Also, if nayone knows where I can find a Goku and Bulma fic where Vegeta and ChiChi aren't even IN it let me know! I have been looking everywhere. Also does anyone know where I can find a fic where Bra goes into the future to warn the Z gang instead of Trunks? I know of Sango's 'Sojourn', but taht's about it.

-Shanni