Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ Hair, Makeup, and Some Other Fashion Help ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Whoa!" Bura said, stepping into Pan's room. She looked over all the boxes, bags, cases and such lying around. "Guess you're glad Trunks took you, eh?" She said with a smile.

"I also feel terrible that he spent so much money on me." She brushed her hand over the designer name on a box of shoes. Bura shot her a look as she took some folded clothing out of a bag and set it on her bed, spreading out the different pieces.

"Don't worry about it. He's got it now that he's taken over the company. And he wouldn't have spent it on you if he didn't want to." She looked around. "Hangers?" Bura pointed under her bed where a box of them were. Bura took them out and put the nicer clothes on them, setting them in the closet on the pole.

They talked on about different things and soon they heard footsteps come up the stairs and call Pan's name. Marron came in and her jaw dropped.

"All of this from yesterday?" She asked, still gaping as she scanned the different name brands on bags and boxes. "Wow! You are so lucky! I wish a guy would pay so much on me." Pan groaned and leaned back on the bed.

"But I-"

"That's the problem." Bura explained, folding a blue cardigan sweater. "She doesn't want Trunks to spend any money on her. She feels bad." Bura rolled her eyes and winked at Pan.

"Oh." Marron said, grabbing a Pan's favorite stuffed animal, a tiger, from the computer chair and sitting down in its place.

"What do you want to wear today, Pan?" Bura asked, opening a drawer and filling it, tossing out some older things. Marron raised and eyebrow at Bura, and she smiled. "Trunks is taking Marron to get her hair done." She said with a grin. Pan threw a pillow at her and she caught it. "But Pan's not too excited. Still," She said, scanning over all the new clothing in drawers, on shelves, and in bags and boxes. "she has to find something to wear."

"What I'm wearing is fine." Pan said, and Bura rolled her eyes. Marron looked between the two of them curiously.

"No, it isn't. I mean, he spent all yesterday helping you get all this stuff, and you aren't even going to wear it? Come on, Pan. It won't kill you?"

"Are you sure of that?"

"Of course I'm sure. Well, if you aren't going to pick something out, I will." She stepped into the closet and took a look around. Pan's closet was a walk-in one, but until now it was not even half full. She picked up a green dress that was knee-length, with cap sleeves and a V-neckline. She brought it out and handed it to Pan. "This one will look good. Now go change in your closet while Marron and I decide what jewelry and shoes to wear." Pan gave a sigh and gave in, stepping into her closet and pulling the folding doors shut. Marron looked at Bura, who in turn nodded, and dove for the stack of shoeboxes. Bura bit her thumbnail, and started sorting through the jewelry cases and the dish that held other jewelry.

She turned over necklace after necklace in her hands, and plucked up one that looked like strands of ivy intertwined. It was a little deeper in color than her dress, but it was no doubt the same shade. Perfect! She thought, and picked up the matching earrings, that had a touch of purple flowers in them. To her surprise there was a matching ring, and she wondered where the set had come from. She shrugged and picked them all up, then stood over Marron who was contemplating two different pairs of shoes.

"The purple ones." She said, and Marron arched a brow. That pair wasn't either of her two choices.

"Why purple? She's wearing green." Bura unclosed her hand from a fist to show Marron the jewelry.

"Both the earrings and the ring have purple in them. Pass me the shoes, and I'll take them into Pan." She picked them up out of Marron's grasp and walked over to the closet, leaning against it and knocking with the very tips of her knuckles, her hand backwards. "I have your jewelry and shoes, Pan." She said, and a hand immediately shot out of the door. She got the shoes without difficulty, but it took her a few moments to get a hold of all the jewelry without dropping them.

"What about her hair?" Marron asked. "She has to have it look halfway decent before she goes." Bura looked around the room. All she could find was rubber bands. A knock came to the front door, and they both heard Gohan let Trunks in.

Oh, let Gohan stall him. She thought silently. Let them talk for a while.

The closet door opened, and both the girls saw Pan walk out, looking very pretty. Marron and Bura smiled.

"Wow!" Marron said, standing up from the floor. "You look so pretty!" Bura smiled but took Pan's hand urgently.

"Quick!" She said, unclasping her hair from her banana clip. "I have to put this in your hair." Thankfully it was black instead of the blue one Bura usually wore, and it worked perfectly. Footsteps came up the stairs, and Bura snatched a magazine and Marron's hand. Both the girls flew on the bed, and Bura opened the magazine just in time for them all to look casual.

"Hey!" Trunks said, walking in. He looked at Pan. "You look great, so you like that one?" Pan smiled.

"Yeah, I do." He nodded towards the door, and waved at Bura and Marron.

"Guess we better go. We've got to make the appointment." He said. "See you girls later."

"Bye!" Pan said, grabbing the purse, mentally concentrating on seeing if this was the one that went with this outfit.

"Bye!" Both of the "magazine readers" said as the two of them walked out the door. As soon as it was shut Marron and Bura looked at each other.

"Whew!" Bura exclaimed, leaning back on the pillows. "Glad that that rush is over with."

Trunks ejected the CD from his CD Player and put another one in. Pan looked at his selection and smiled. It was one she liked too thankfully.

"So," She began. "what's in store for me today?" She asked playfully. He smiled and looked at her.

"How about I don't tell you until you get there?" She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. "I'm serious. It's a surprise."

"No fair!" She said. Half serious, half-joking. He laughed.

"Oh, but it is fair. Besides, I'm the one giving you a makeover." She winced inwardly. Even though he thought it was just for fun, a girlie fun thing, it always made her feel like she was a charity case. Someone who needed serious help style wise.

He took a turn, and she realized he was heading to the ritzy side of town. She opened her mouth to ask, "Where are we going?" but closed it again. She could tell he knew what she was going to say, and he smiled to himself. His huge white teeth flashed when he smiled, and even though he was one of the nicest people she knew, she also knew she would never want to be on any side but his. She had seen the vicious, merciless smiles he gave to his enemy's, the ones like Vegeta gave, and she wouldn't want to face him off. She doubted she would live.

He turned onto Ricita Dr., and she `oooh'ed' and `ahhh'ed' at all the gorgeous boutiques that lined the street. Luxurious spa's and salon's were everywhere, and beautiful dresses were in the windows of high-style formal shops. Stores specializing in hats, purses and handbags, flowers, jewelry, bath goods, and everything else were in abundance, and she knew how much Marron and Bura loved them all. She had heard them talk of wonderful afternoon's spent browsing around. But she had never been.

A large, Grecian temple styled building was in front of them now, it's huge white pillar's all the way to it's third story roof. Big bay windows lined the sides, and two story windowpanes made almost the entire face of it.

He pulled into the parking lot, and she shot him a surprised, confused look. He smiled back and opened her door for her.

"This is it." He said, helping her out of the car. She looked around her, and two large fountains were on either side of the walkway. It spat out clear water, and blue lights shone through it. Probably breathtaking at night, it was still beautiful during the day.

She took his arm, and he led her into the front door. A large white desk sat in the room, in front of a huge symbol on the wall, obviously their logo. A receptionist looked up and them and smiled.

"May I help you?" She asked. Trunks leaned on the desk casually, and Pan wondered how he could be comfortable in such an elegant place. She wanted to whisper!

"Yes, I have an appointment." She looked at him. "It's for my friend, Pan Son." She nodded and looked at the computer.

"And you name?" She questioned.

"Trunks Briefs." Her eyebrows shot up, and she stood and walked to the front of the desk.

"This way, please." She asked, picking up a folder and leading them up the stairs. Trunks jogged along to catch up with her, and Pan did the same.

She knocked on a large center door on the third floor, and a secretary opened it. She looked at the receptionist questioningly, and the receptionist asked for a, "Ms. Satina." The secretary returned a, "She's on the phone right now." And the receptionist pushed her way in.

"Please tell her Mr. Briefs, of Capsule Corporation is here for his appointment he has set for a friend." The secretary looked at Trunks with added respect, and disappeared through another main door.

"Have a seat." The receptionist said, waving her hand over the large, overstuffed sofa. She smiled.

"Ms. Satina will be here shortly. Something to drink, perhaps?" She asked, setting the folder down on the coffee table.

"That would be great." He said, smiling. His teeth bared to a smile.

"Just one moment." She in turn disappeared, and returned with two glasses and a bottle of sparkling water. She poured it and sat the two glasses down in front of Pan and Trunks. "As I said, Ms. Satina will be here shortly. Please make yourselves comfortable." She smiled and disappeared.

"Wow." Pan said, looking around. "Pretty snazzy."

"Do you like it?" He asked. "Are you disappointed?" Her jaw dropped and she shot him a look.

"Disappointed? Disappointed? I'm so excited I could bust." She stood up and looked around. "I mean, they brought us `sparkling water', and they talk to us like we're dignitaries." She laughed and sat down. "I'm anything but disappointed."

"Good, I'm glad."

The door opened, and the secretary came out, followed by a lady in a kimono-style robe. The woman was beautiful, and about in her forties.

"Mr. Briefs?" She asked in a French accent. Trunks stood and took her outstretched hand.

"It is a pleasure to welcome you to my spa, Mr. Briefs. You have scheduled a friend I believe?"

"Yes." Trunks said, pulling Pan out in front of him. "This is a good friend of mine, Pan Son." She smiled warmly, and she reminded Pan of a relaxed cat.

"So, what are our plans today?" She asked, clasping her hands in front of her business-like. "Hair? Make-up? And so on and so on? Come." She said taking Pan's hand. "We will get started." I believe you will get dressed while I talk to Mr. Briefs?" Pan nodded mutely. "Diana, take her into the dressing room and get her changed while I speak." The secretary led Pan wordlessly out of the room and down to the second floor.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Trunks looked at her curiously.

"What do you mean?" She smiled and opened some books and tablets in front of him.

"You have all the say in this, Mr. Briefs. I am only here to make it happen." She smiled her catlike smile and sat down, patting the seat beside her. He sat down, and she faced the books toward him. "Let us see what we can find, no?"

Pan stepped into a circular dressing room. There were mirrors all along the walls, and it made her nervous. The secretary slipped only her hand through the door, handing Pan a white terry robe. She took off her clothes and slipped it on. It felt comfortable, but she wasn't comfortable in it. She inspected herself in the mirror, and glanced over the cursive S on the left side of her robe. She stepped out, and the secretary looked her over.

"You need your hair down." The secretary said snottily. And unclasped Bura's banana clip, letting her black locks fall over her shoulder. The secretary then looked at her face, holding Pan's chin. "Make-up?" She asked curtly.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you wearing any make-up?" She asked again curtly, annoyed.

"Oh," Pan said meekly. "No, I'm not." The secretary "hmphed" noticeably, and led her back into the main room. Ms. Satina stood up. Several books open on the coffee table in front of her.

Ms. Satina had the leather folder open in her arms, several notes scribble on a paper inside it.

"Miss Son." She said it soft and full, like she was talking about a rose, or a garden. "I believe we have some things we must take a look at. Here," She said, patting a high chair by a marble table. "please sit."

Pan did and Ms. Satina took several papers and lied them on a nearby stand. She pulled open a drawer, where several different make-ups were. She took out a single pencil and instructed Pan to sit still. Moments later Ms. Satina had a sketch of her face, and she smiled approvingly.

She grasped Pan's face by the chin like the secretary had, and she drew the corner of her lip up, her brows furrowed. Pan tried to keep her face still, a little confused by the whole thing. Ms. Satina handed the secretary her pencil and began speaking.

"Good enough nose." She began, and the secretary began writing. "Potential for the brows." The secretary continued to scribble. "Nice complexion." Pan looked curiously at the two of them. "Smile dear." Ms. Satina asked, no, demanded. Pan smiled. "Good teeth. Good shape. Healthy. Yes, pretty good. You may close your mouth now." Ms. Satina stopped, and a smile crept upon her lips. A genuine one. Not the business like one that seemed to imitate a cat. No, a genuine smile. "Perfect lips." She stated. "Yes, perfect."

Pan smiled back, and Ms. Satina picked up a strand of her hair. "Must begin to work on the hair immediately." She said flatly. "Yes, let's get going." The secretary put the papers back in the folder and closed it. "We've got a long day, Rachel. Let's not doddle." She closed the draws and turned off the lamp on the marble table.

"Excuse me." Pan said, and the two of them looked at her. "I don't want to-"

"Go ahead dear." Ms. Satina prompted.

"Well, where is Trunks?" She asked, not ready to face this all alone. Ms. Satine smiled her business smile again.

"Oh, dear, Mr. Briefs has left to work on some business. He shall be back once you've finished." She smiled. "Shall we go?"

A wave of nausea hit Pan, and her jaw must have dropped noticeably, because concerned looks crossed their faces.

"Sure…" She began. "Let's go."

Two and a half hours later then sun was beginning to set and Pan was colored, styled, made-up, and dressed. She clipped on the last earring and inspected herself in the mirror.

Her hair was still very long, hitting just below her chest. They hadn't cut much off. She had low layers, the lowest hitting an inch or two below her shoulders. Her hair was still dark, but different shades made it shine beautifully. Her hair was sleek and shiny, curled from her shoulders down.

They had waxed and shaped her brows in a sharp, elegant arch. No longer were they uncontrollably bushy, and she loved it! They had blended in deep and light purple shadows, giving her eyes a smoky look, and they had surprised her by saying she had naturally thick lashes. They had moisturized and powdered her face, leaving her paler than usual, with deep blush. She had to admit it looked good.

They had spent forever blotting and reapplying lipstick, gloss, and powder to her lips to make it stay through the night. Her lips turned out to be a red wine color that matched her cheeks. They had even painted her nails and toes the same color!

A knock came to the door and Ms. Satina came in with a white paper bag. She handed it to Pan, and after the look Pan shot her she said, "The cosmetic and hair things we used on you today. They explained how to do them, no?" Pan smiled and nodded. "Good." She trotted back to the door. "Mr. Briefs is here. So whenever you are ready to come down."

"Thank you." Pan said with a sweet smile. She looked herself over in the mirror once more and smiled. She crossed her fingers and looked out at the first star she saw. "I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight." She said aloud to herself staring intently on her star. "I wish…I wish Trunks notices a difference. I hop he thinks I'm pretty." She then stepped away and out the door.

As she opened the door that led to the stairs she could hear them talking below. Trunks was happy and talkative as usual, and Ms. Satina spoke with her bold French accent. She took a deep breath and stepped onto the stairs. Soon, they were in sight, and she stepped onto the ground. Trunks turned around and his eyes lit up, his lower lip dropping. His eyebrows rose and he smiled.

"Pan…Pan, you look great." She smiled, embarrassed at everyone's eyes on her. "Really, you do."

"Thank you, Trunks." Ms. Satina stepped up and took both Pan's hands in hers, stepping back and looking at her.

"Oh. Oh, dear." She said, concern in her eyes. "You have no lift?" She said with even thicker of an accent than usual, looking at Pan. Pan looked back at her, confused. "Are you flatchested?" She questioned. Pan looked at her questioningly, somewhat confused, somewhat shocked.

Ms. Satina turned to Trunks who was rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "You must purchase her a new bra, sir. This one will not do." She turned back to Pan. "What style do you wear now?" Pan bit her lip, concentrating.

"A sports bra?" She said it like a question. As if she was being tested. Ms. Satina put a hand over her mouth and gasped.

"A woman never, never wears ze' `sports bra' when she is not exercising. Never, madam." She turned back to Trunks.

"You must take her right away to purchase some replacements. Poor girl, strapped into a sports bra regularly. Poor dear." She looked at them both. "Well, my work is done. Please go out and enjoy yourselves. And," She said, looking at Trunks. "take her immediately to get a replacement for the sorry excuse for a bra she wears. Good evening!" She said, leaving up the stairs to her office.

Trunks looked at Pan, a somewhat embarrassed smirk on his face, Pan smiled awkwardly back.

"Shall we go?" He asked. She laughed, the full humor of the situation hitting her like a smack.

"Yes, let's go."