Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ A Night Out On The Town Part 1 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pan slung her bookbag over her shoulder and walked out of school. She made her way towards the city bus, and waited along with an old woman with her black cat. It was a couple days since Trunks took her to Tin'aco, but that didn't cross her mind as she stepped onto the bus and swiped her card through the slot, letting her take the bus without digging for change every time.

She took a seat near the back and unzipped her bag, slipping her history book out and spreading it over her thighs, the red color of the book a far cry from the white capri's she wore. The bus came to another stop, but she didn't look up from her bag. Instead, she pulled out a highlighter and highlighted some important things to remember.

Trunks jumped onto the bus, his bomber jacket slung over one shoulder. He swiped a card with the Capsule Corps. logo on it, and took a seat near the front. He looked around, unfortunately noticing he had chosen a seat next to a freaky lady with a black cat. He shuddered as she closed her eyes and mouthed something, flipping his sunglasses open and sliding them on.

Pan cruised through her notebook after finishing the page in her history book, browsing at all the little doodles to pass the time. The bus finally came to its fourth stop, and Pan shoved all her things back in her bag. She pulled out some cute sunglasses Bura had let her borrow from her own collection, and slung her bag over a shoulder. She hopped over the steps and began down the road to her house. Trunks pulled out a business folder and scanned through it. Both completely oblivious to the fact that the other was on the same bus at the same time.

"Pan, is that you?" Gohan called from the living room. She flipped off her shoes by the door, and sat her bookbag on the stairs. She walked into the living room, where her dad was watching a football game with her grandpa, Goku.

"Where's mom?" She asked, eyeing the TV to see who was playing. Gohan put an arm on the back of the couch and turned around to her.

"Your mom went shopping with your grandma for the barbecue tomorrow. They should be back pretty soon." Pan nodded and turned to leave. "Pan," Gohan started, and she turned around. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something." She raised her eyebrows delicately. "I was wanting to talk to you about driving." She raised her right eyebrow considerably higher than the left. "Well, that is, I think it's about time you had a car of your own. Marron and Bura have them, and I don't see why you shouldn't." Pan smiled; this was something she'd wanted ever since she could remember!

"Really dad?" She said, wondering if she sounded too excited. "My own car?" She grabbed her elbows.

"Yeah, I think we should get you one. In fact…well…" He grinned nervously. "We already do have on for you." Pan's lower lip dropped, half from excitement, half from dread at what kind of car Gohan and Goku would pick out for her.

"Oh, really?" She swallowed. Gohan grinned, and Goku gave an ear to ear smile. "Where is it?" She said slowly. Goku stood up, and Gohan followed. They looked almost exactly alike, except for the age difference. Goten always looked more like Goku than Gohan though.

"It's right outside." Gohan said, taking his daughter by the hand and leading her out back. He stopped at the door and had her close her eyes. He led her through, Goku helping her from behind with a hand on her back. Gohan stopped, and spun her around once for kicks. "You ready?" He asked, leaning in close. She nodded vigorously and he laughed. "Ok, open your eyes." She opened them, and her mouth broke out into a smile.

"It's gorgeous!" She exclaimed, running down to it. Goku flashed a smile to his son, and they both followed her down.

It was a little read sports car, complete with a black convertible top. Her father pointed to license plates that read: Pan Son, and she grinned even bigger. She flung her arms around his neck and gave him a huge hug.

"Oh, daddy, it's perfect! Thank you so much!" She let go and he shrugged, a little embarrassed. "Really, what's the occasion?"

"Nothing really. I just thought-especially after your little `makeover'-you needed it. You already have your license, so this was just an addition. Want to take it for a spin?" She looked at her grandpa and he winked, nodding towards the driver's seat. She hopped in and Gohan got in, Goku was in the back seat.

She rode carefully on the grass getting back to the road, and squealed her tires a little when she got out of their driveway.

"You're joking!" Bura squealed, wrapping the telephone cord around her finger excitedly. "I can't wait!" Vegeta, Bulma, and Trunks looked up from the table at Bura who was on the kitchen phone. "Ok, ok. Yeah. Uh hu, yep. See you in a sec!" She hung up the phone and sat down at the table, scooping up some chicken florentine casserole.

"Honey, what was that?" Bulma asked, twirling some noodles with her fork. Bura looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Bulma felt a sweatdrop coming on. She sighed and put her fork down.

"What were you all excited and yelling about?" She picked up the pitcher of pink lemonade and poured some into her glass.

"Oh, that!" She giggled. "Gohan got Pan a car! Now she can drive without being seen in her mother's van." Bulma gave a smirk and shook her head. "And it's a sports car! Red with a black top." She grinned. "A Dunnon Roadster!" She exclaimed, obviously that much more excited at the brand. She swooned. "Can you see us all driving in that?" She leaned her chin on her hand, then snapped out of her trance. "Anyway, Pan is coming over and brining Marron, and the three of us are going out on the town tonight.

"In fact, I should be getting ready." She got up and giggled a bit more. "I'm so excited!" She gave her mother a peck on the cheek, scurrying out of the room. And for a few minutes, not even her blue Gryphon Shockwave, or Marron's dark green Imation Revolution seemed impressive.

Fifteen minutes later, Bura was sitting on her bed, makeup bottles strewn about on her comforter. A mirror in one hand, she drew a thin glittery blue line over her eyelid, at the base of her lashes. She heard a car drive up, and she grinned, messing up her straight line in the process.

"Ah, crap!" She said, tossing her eyeliner on the bed and leaning back on her pillows. Snatching a little plastic box by her stand by the bed, she opened it and pulled out a little cloth, much like a baby wipe. She replaced the box of her "makeup remover towlettes", and wiped the disposable cloth across her messed up eye. She threw the used cloth into her trash, and started lining it again.

Bura was wearing a black leather mini skirt, with a fuzzy blue halter that tied on the small of her back and on the back of her neck. She had some chunky forty-style black heels on, and a blue rhinestone bracelet and matching earrings. She had a silver toe ring on, that had a blue rhinestone in the center.

Her hair was twisted upward loosely in the back, and secured with a metallic blue clip. Two shorter strands were left to hang by her temples, and she had curled them with an iron, spraying them lightly.

She had a bronzer on her face, and she put just a touch of shimmer blush on her cheeks. She had dark blue glitter eyeliner on, with a somewhat lighter shade of blue eyeshadow on the rest of her eyes, blending up to the almost white blue that highlighted her brow bones. Her eyebrows were straight and gelled, with a rounded arch appearance. She had put a light pink lipstick on, with an angel pink gloss over it, giving it a light, almost subtle look, angelic to a point.

Footsteps came up the stairs, and she put a last layer of lipgloss on before sliding the tube into her hidden pocket in her skirt. Marron and Pan came in, both dressed and ready for the occasion.

Marron had a dramatic look to her, with a just above the knee black "cheerleader" skirt, and a cap-sleeved black top with a heart neckline. She had strappy black sandals, with a silver anklet that were connecting hearts, and a matching necklace.

Her blonde hair was down in loose curls, framing her face nicely. She had a red heart rhinestone tattoo placed on the right side of her left-parted hair.

She had deep red lipstick on, and her skin gave off a pale moonlit glow. Her eyes were done smoky, with a single, thin line of black liquid liner going across her lash line. Her lashes themselves were thick and dramatic, and her brows were crisp and cleanly waxed.

Pan had black leather short short's on, with a purple sequined halter that had diagonal-almost horizontal-lines of black. The top of her halter was connected to a silver circle that went around her neck like a necklace. The bottom had three straps that all tied together in a knot, and the ends were beaded. She had purple sandals with a stiletto heel that tied all the way up to mid-calf.

Her hair was up in a genie-style high pony, tightly curled and bouncy. She had a purple rhinestone belt that tied low on her hips, and a matching bracelet and earring set. She had a thickly glittered dark purple eyeshadow on the bottom of her eyelids only, and a single rhinestone on the tip of her right eye. Her lipstick was a shimmery light purple, and she had glitter on her cheekbones.

"Ready to rock?" Pan asked, giggling. Bura stood up and grabbed her leather jacket. Picking up her cell phone and purse, she followed the girls out.

Pan-naturally-and Bura grabbed the front seats, and Marron hopped into the back. Bura had swooned over the car, and clicked on the radio first thing. Party music was playing, and the girls started getting their groove on.

Minutes later their destination, Smack!, the latest dance club, was in sight, and they pulled over to the nearest parking spot. There wasn't that much of a line-they had gotten a late start compared to most-and they stood talking excitedly about the latest.

Finally they came up to a tall man in a leather suit, and he looked them over. He nodded them in without checking their ID's; there was no alcohol being sold inside.

When they went in, the music they had heard outside in line was intensified 110 percent. Food was being sold to their right in a small, walled off lounge, and a stage and DJ were present to their left. The girls looked at each other, each at a loss for `what next'.

"I'm gonna go grab some munchies." Marron shouted over the noise, and Bura nodded, shouting back, "I'll help you." Pan turned to them both, and they looked back at her. Bura smiled and winked.

"Go get your groove on!" She said with a smile. "We'll catch up with you once we've got the eats." Pan nodded, and they both disappeared in the crowd. Pan looked at the dance floor, half dreading, half wanting to go out into it. Finally, with a shake of her head, she took off into the middle.

The music was so loud you could barely hear any more then the steady pumps of base, but Pan started swinging to the music anyway. Soon she was caught in the rhythm, and the world around her was disappearing.

Bura and Marron leaned up against the counter, and looked over what they had. Bura licked her lips, and turned to Marron.

"It all looks pretty good. But ice-cream sounds best to me." Marron looked over the ice-cream and then back at Bura.

"Won't it melt?"

"Heck no, we're eating it right now." She shook her head. "Pathetic." Marron slugged her on the arm jokingly.

"Ok, three double choco-supremes?" Bura nodded, and the man walked away. "I'm so wanting mine right now." Marron half-mouthed to Bura, who furrowed her brows knowingly and nodded. Soon the guy was back carrying three bowls awkwardly, and handed them to the girls.

"Let's go get Pan." Bura said, sitting the food on the table before scurrying away with Marron. They stopped at the dance floor and looked around. They saw Pan in the center, and they headed for her. Bura grabbed her arm and she turned to them.

"We've got the stuff, Pan. You wanna come eat?" She nodded and they all headed off the floor. Marron pointed out on the way to their table someone could have stolen their ice-cream, and Bura pointed out that that means Marron cares too much about food. Even though she also pointed out when they got there-with a sigh of relief-that the food was still there.

They all grabbed their ice-cream and decided to go sit on a couch. Pan plopped down with her feet up, and Bura and Marron-who had skirts on-lifted their feet up on the faux marble coffee table. Bura took a bite of her ice-cream and spit it back out.

"Sick!" Bura exclaimed, sitting up and sitting her dish on the coffee table. Marron was digging through her ice-cream at a rapid pace, sucking it all in in record time.

"That good?" She sputtered through her dairy delicacy. And Bura shook her head, her nose wrinkled.

"No, not sick in that way." She said, disgusted. "It's positively revolting." Pan took a bite, and looked at Bura.

"Mine's note bad." She said, and began eating it warily. Eyeing the chunks of chocolate, and the swirls of fudge. "Something must've happened to yours, Bura." She said, almost apologetically. Bura shook her head and stood up.

"I'm going to take this back." She said, standing up. "A horse couldn't eat this, not even a dog." She straightened her skirt, and leant down to pick it up, but someone tapped her. She turned around to see a guy with blonde hair, black slacks and a black sweater. He had a single strap of black cord around his neck, and all the girls gaped at him he was that cute.

"Excuse me." He said in a thick, deep voice. "But I couldn't-and wouldn't-wait another minute to dance with you." Marron's jaw dropped yards, and Pan's eyes widened. Bura smiled casually.

"Well, then I shouldn't keep you waiting." He grabbed her hand, and rounding his shoulder, he led her to the dance floor. Marron turned to Pan in awe, and Pan took another bite of her choco-supreme dumbly.

"What dream did he come from?" Marron asked, staring, amazed, at her empty bowl. "Why doesn't a guy like that ask me to dance?" She asked, standing up dreamily. "I'm gonna take Bura's and mine back, you done?" Pan handed her bowl over.

"I'm gonna head on to the dance floor, Marron. Meet you there?" Marron nodded before disappearing in the crowded lounge. Pan stood up and made her way to the floor, glancing this way and that for cute guys. She settled in near the middle, and started swinging her hips.

A few minutes passed, and a second song began. Marron was nowhere in sight. `Probably went to the bathroom.' Pan thought, adjusting her rhythm to the new beat. She felt a guy bump into her from behind, and she swung around.

"Excu-" She began, but her words faltered and shock claimed her voice when she saw Trunks about to say the same thing. Instead, what blurted out was, "What are you doing here?" He looked around, then back at her.

"And you?" He asked, the disco ball hitting his necklace and casting a quick spark of light on her face.

"I'm here with Bura and Marron." She said, then realized he should have answered first. She wondered why he was so nervous. This was her, Pan!

"Excuse me." He said, then turned to leave. But Dave made his way through the crowd to them.

"Pan!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing her? Isn't this lucky we all caught up." He turned to Trunks, his arms crossed, and who had scowl on his face. Marron suddenly appeared, and Pan introduced the two, who had apparently met somewhat before. Dave turned to Pan. "Come dance with me." He said, extending his hand. She took it, and Trunks' scowl deepened.

They stepped away from Trunks and Marron, and Dave slung an arm around her waist casually. Trunks turned to Marron, who was holding in giggles. He nodded towards the greater middle, taking her hand, and leading her to the opposite side from Dave and Pan. Marron shook her head out of Trunks' view, and they began dancing.

Bura was moving fast, and finally the third song ended. She smiled his way, and flung her hips to the side. "Take a break?" She said, and he nodded, falling into step behind her. She plopped onto a couch, slinging her legs over the arm.

"Whew, I'm tired." She said with a smile, putting a wrist to her forehead dramatically. "So, Mr. Mysterious, what's your name?" He smiled, and she nearly fainted at the sight of perfect straight teeth. They could have been filed on the bottom they were that straight.

"Well, Miss Thang," He said, flashing his teeth in a laugh. "my name is Donny Evans." She smiled. "And you?"

"Bura." She said, extending a hand. Not offering anything but her first name. He took her hand, a curious look on his face.

"Just Bura?" He asked, and she smiled, nodding. "Well, Bura, what do you do? Your passions, your pursuits?" He smiled brilliantly again, and she couldn't help but grin ear to ear back.

"My hobbies are fashion design, cooking, and fashion magazine columnist." He raised a brow, impressed. "That is, in my spare time. The things I do not by choice are school, school, and well, more school." He laughed.

"College?" She shook her head. "High school?" She grinned cheesily. "Really? What year?"

"Senior. I will be graduating in may." He gave another impressed look. "And you? College of course." He shook his head. "High school?" She asked, amazed. He shook his head. "Then what?"

"Career." He said, lifting his chin up just a touch. She titled her head to the side. "I'm eighteen. But I'm neither in high school or college. Some people call that limbo." She laughed. "I'm pursuing my career for the time being. College may come later."

"What's your career?" She said, a touch of a business accent reaching her lips, a finger to her chin.

"Modeling." He flashed a grin, and she realized it could very well be picture perfect. Magazine approved. She raised a brow mischievously.

She looked up just in time to see Marron, Pan, Trunks and Dave, a friend of Trunks' she knew, walk up. She as surprised to say the least that Trunks and Dave were there. Trunks looked from Bura to Donny, then back at Bura.

"Trunks," She started, standing up. Donny followed. "I'd like you to meet Donny Evans." The two clasped hands and gave approval nods. "Donny," She said. "This is my brother Trunks. Trunks, this is Donny. I met him tonight." She cleared her throat and looked at Pan and Marron, adding, "He's a model." She had said it just for the sake of Pan and Marron to know. They both grinned and looked him over better upon hearing his occupation. They cast Bura approval smiles and looks. Dave extended his hand in a friendly manner.

"Dave Rochester." He said, and Donny took it. "Nice to meet you." Donny smirked back, and Dave turned to the whole group. "Pan and I were talking about maybe going somewhere. What do you guys think?" Bura nodded and Marron did too. Trunks folded his arms Vegeta style, and Donny looked at Bura.

"Let's." Bura said. "Donny, would you care to?" She tilted her head to the side and gave an innocent smile. He folded his arms and nodded. "So where to?" She asked, looking the group over.

"How about we go to the fireworks show at the park?" Marron exclaimed, looking around. "I've wanted to go for a long time. I heard it's spectacular!"