Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ain't Nothing But Magick ❯ Modern Crusaders ALIVE ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Modern Crusaders ALIVE*

*It's hard to find the balance when you are in love. You're lost

in the middle cause you have to decide between mind & heart.

Heart is the engine of your body but brain is the engine of life*

*Jeril Dragonsoul*

I watched Vegeta and Brolli fight and stifled a yawn. It was the same thing the entire fight. Punch-kick-block-feint-punch-block, over and over again. They weren't using their ki much and I was craving a good light show. "Come on, Veggie! Blast his ass!" I yelled.

Brolli glared at me while Chibi Vegeta smirked and prepared a ki blast. He shot that at Brolli who brought his hands up and deflected the blast with not much effort. Brolli threw back his head with a laugh and began to power up. His hair flashed gold and he grinned at Chibi Vegeta.

"A… a… Super Saiyan?" Chibi Vegeta's mouth dropped open. Brolli's grin grew as he began to pummel the smaller Saiyan.

"Power up Veggie! Don't let him beat you! YOU'RE STRONGER THEN HIM!" I screamed. Chibi Vegeta was blasted back and he took my advice. With a mighty yell, he powered up. I watched as he ascended to Super Saiyan but dear little Veggie didn't stop there. Nope, he kept on going till he was Super Saiyan 3. I grinned but then looked at him critically.

"Oh my Kami…" I whispered to myself, "It's true… He does look like Radditz minus the eyebrows. I am now thoroughly creeped out." I shook my head. Maybe that's why in the series Vegeta never attained Super Saiyan 3. Chibi Vegeta began blasting Brolli and beating the other Saiyan. I cheered but then Brolli tried powering up even more. He soon was Super Saiyan 3 too.

I growled and sat down in the air to watch. The fight dragged on, and on, and on until both opponents were bleeding and their clothes were ripped. I decided to put an end to it. I stood and phased between the two Saiyans who were taking a mutual breather.

"Guys, please. Stop fighting. You both have equal power levels and you'll never get anywhere!" I pleaded.

"Shut up, onna!" Brolli growled and threw a large ki blast at me. I deflected it with some difficulty.

"No! You shut up!" I powered up as high as I could go and phased behind the Saiyan. I brought my clenched fists down on his skull. He immediately dropped from the sky, unconscious. I winced as his falling body made a large crater. Chibi Vegeta chuckled and launched a ki blast to finish off the fallen warrior. I blocked the attack, singeing my clothes and burning my upraised arms.

"Vegeta! It's dishonorable to attack someone when they're out!" I yelled at the chibi. He snorted in return and landed next to me.

"Then what do you propose we do with him?" he snarled. I grinned evilly and glanced around in the ruined city where Brolli had been conducting a reign of terror. I silently wished for something to be under a block of concrete as I moved it. I chuckled and showed it to Chibi Vegeta. He grinned also and so we used the bottle to give Brolli a nice new look. As we did, I wished for Brolli's mind to be healed as I recalled that he was insane.

When he woke up, he would not be happy about the neon pink color that his hair had been dyed.

***

*Merina*

By the time she finally found the Supreme Kai, it was late afternoon.

"There you are! Where have you been? We've been here all day!" Kibito snapped.

"I'm sorry. I kind of got lost on the way here. I never could have imagined that this place was so big. Obviously, it took me the whole day just to find the door! I think I past every room in that place! I'm lucky I'm not still wandering around there like until I become some crazy old lady! And if you're in such a hurry, the least you could have done was come look for me! " Merina snapped back.

"What an ungrateful person you are. We offered you a place to sleep and tried to save you a trip of going back to earth, and you not only show up late BUT you complain about being lost. If you had asked for directions in the first place you would have been here earlier!" Kibito yelled.

Now was not the time to piss her off. She had just spent most of the day wandering around a palace with nothing to eat and not a clue how she got there. And to be yelled at for getting lost and being called ungrateful was not what she wanted to hear.

"I think we should have just dumped you back on earth instead of letting you stay here you little in-,"

"Kibito that's enough. Merina here has had a long day. We probably should have told her directions to get out here or at least gone to look for her if we wanted her to be here at a certain time. Now, it is starting to get late, and there is no point of going to earth now. Letting her stay one more night isn't going to do either of us any harm," Shin said.

Merina gave him a thankful look for defending her against Kibito. Just as they started to walk back inside, they heard a low growl. Kibito and Shin both looked at Merina who had a sheepish look on her face.

"Umm….got anything to eat?"

Kibito face faulted and Shin just laughed.

"I'm sure you would be hungry. You're Saiyan after all. Follow me, I'm sure we can find something for you," Shin said as he started walking back in.

Merina just glared at Kibito who was walking away in a different direction. She looked back to where Shin had been standing and noticed he was almost to the doors. She quickly ran up to him. She wasn't about to be lost again.

"I apologise for Kibito. For some reason, he seems to have it in for you," Shin told her as they were walking through the halls.

'Is it just me or all mortals?' she thought to herself.

"But I know he is just looking out for me. He's just over protective," He said as the turned the corner and arrived at the kitchen.

"Well here we are," he said proudly.

Merina's jaw dropped. The kitchen looked like one of the ones that chef's use. It was huge! She had always wanted a kitchen like this but on her little budget, she knew she would never be able to have one.

"Wow," was all she was able to say.

"Well anything you need should be in the refrigerator, so cook what ever you like," Shin told her as he walked out of the kitchen, "just yell if you need anything."

"Ok I will. Hey aren't you going to eat?" she asked.

"No I'm not hungry at the moment, but thanks for asking."

And with that, Shin was gone. And Merina was left in her dream kitchen.

'You know, getting lost for a few more days may not be such a bad idea,' she thought to herself as she walked to the refrigerator, 'yes, that doesn't sound to bad after all.'

And with an evil grin, she set to work cooking a meal for herself and planning on how to get herself lost for the next few days.

***

*Mabelle / VegeChan / Tobias*

"Its not like he over reacted, I mean come on, how would you react if you'd been through all he'd been through as of late?" Trunks said as Mabelle was gently slapping Tobias' cheeks to get him to wake up. Kakuna just laughed, and Mabelle shot him a glare.

"A little help here?" she snapped, and Trunks and Kakuna both laughed. Kakuna went over to help her while Trunks stood there, watching amused.

"You know, he probably fainted when he felt both of the twins ki's." he said, languidly. Mabelle stopped and stared at Trunks.

"What?" she screeched.

*****

"Kakuna, come with me to the lab, NOW!" I cried as I left Trunks with a still unconscious. I held onto Kakuna's hand with a crushing grip as I practically dragged her to the lab.

"Whoa, Mabelle, what the hell is so important in the lab?" she asked as she dug her heels in to stop me. I looked back at her as the tears started to fall.

"Kakuna, what are the effects of a bond?" I asked. She looked at me and I could see the confusion.

"A psychic link, duh, an emotional link, and pregnancy. Why does this matter?" she asked and I looked down. "Wait a sec!" She had figured it out like I knew she would. "WELL! Come on!" Suddenly, I was the one being dragged to the lab.

*****

I'm not quite sure how I knew how to work the machines but I did and I helped Mabelle sit on the edge of the table. She looked at me the rear in her eyes was apparent. I took out the long needle and looked at her. She nodded and I quickly swabbed alcohol over where I knew I should. I pushed the needle in and watched as it gathered some liquid.

"Does it hurt?" I asked. She shook her head a look of utter sadness was on her face. I pulled the needle free and set the contents in a test tube. "This'll take a moment." I hugged her shoulders as she sat there staring at the computer as it ran a diagnostic on the fluid.

"One of them is Bardock's, I know it," she whispered and I hugged her tighter.

*****

"Uuuuhhhhh....I guess that surgery took more out of me than I thought." Tobias groaned, his eyes fluttering open. He saw Trunks standing in front of him, an amused look on his face.

"Well look who woke up." he teased, and Tobias glared at him. He got out of the wheel chair and stretched, looking for Mabelle as he did. He couldn't find her anywhere. Trunks noticed and smiled.

"She went into the lab after I told her I could sense two ki's growing inside her. Come on, I'll show you " he said, and Tobias nodded. That was what had made him faint. That and the shock they were both HIS kids. He smiled, and followed Trunks to the lab.

*****

The computer began beeping and I snapped my head up to look at it. Kakuna went over and typed a few things. She looked at it and I could see the answer in her eyes.

"Is it him?" I asked and she turned to me and gulped as she nodded. I felt like I had been stabbed in the heart. Oh, Dende, I had only just been disconnected from Bardock and now I was carrying his child due to an artificial bond! "Oh no, what am I gonna tell Tobias?"

"You'll tell him the truth I guess, he's the father of one and Bardock is the father of the other," Kakuna sighed as she took my arm. I felt my pain and sorrow turn to rage!

*****

"I told you!" Mabelle snapped. Tobias and Trunks stopped just outside the lab door, and listened. It sounded like Mabelle and Kakuna were arguing.

"Calm down, Mabelle. Toby is very understanding. if you told him, I'm sure he would understand." Kakuna said.

"How can he? I understand he slept with Icer because he wasn't HIM but what is my excuse for sleeping with Bardock? Because we were both drugged?" she cried. Trunks looked at Tobias who's eyes were wide.

"Its not that bad. I'm sure Tobias will understand. After all one of them is his, the tests prove that. So what if the other is Bardock's? I'm sure he'll raise it like its his own." Kakuna soothed. Tobias swayed on his feet for a bit, putting both his hands to his forehead. It was all so much for him to absorb. Trunks swung the door open, and the girls saw them standing there.

"Oh shit."

*****

I looked at Toby as if I were a dear in the headlights of an oncoming car. His eyes were wide and I could see the pain in them. I tried to say something, anything, but nothing came from my gaping mouth.

"Oh shit," Kakuna said, it was one of the few times she's ever uttered a curse in the time I've known her. I blinked my eyes as the tears began to build up.

"Toby" I started, but couldn't finish, how was I going to tell him?

"Is it true, are you carrying both Bardock's and my child?" he asked me and I tried to respond. My voice wouldn't come so I nodded sadly. Hanging my head in shame. HOW, how could I have been so weak as to let Bardock use me like that?

"The test prove that there are twins, one belonging to him and one belonging to you," Kakuna whispered and I closed my eyes as I held my breath.

"Oh," he said and I could feel his pain through a haze, I was trying so hard to connect to him with our half bond.

"I-I-I-" I still couldn't talk.

"I think I should go work this out. Mabelle, that might take a while," he said as he walked way. I looked up at him, watching him leave. I slowly felt my mind curling in on itself as I watched him go, wondering, wondering in the depths of my mind 'Would he ever come back?'.

*****

"He took it rather well." I said as Tobias walked out of the lab, Mabelle staring after him, her eyes baring her soul, it was so painful to see her look that way. Trunks sighed and put his arm around me and I nuzzled into his chest, guilty for feeling relief that I wasn't in a similar situation.

"I think his reaction was actually very warranted. He's been through hell and now he finds out that his mate is carrying another's child. He didn't hit her, yell at her, or even say he wanted her out of his life. He just said he needs time to work it out." Trunks said, admiringly. I shook my head and looked at Mabelle. She was slumped in her chair, and just stared at the floor. A few minutes later the building shook.

"What the hell was that?" I cried.

*****

I stared at the floor and began to think, I would leave, let him have the cabin. Where would I go though? Perhaps Dende would let me stay at the Lookout, then I could take care of the garden there with Popo. I could have my children there and raise them far from the pain of the real world. I felt the tears in my eyes build up. I couldn't do this, how could I give up on Toby, I LOVE HIM! I hugged myself as I sat there.

"I love you," I whispered to him, even though his was in the GR, I had to say it out loud.

*****

Tobias leapt threw the air, swung threw the motions automatically. The gravity machine was having a hard time trying to keep up with him at 1250 times gravity. This was the highest Vegeta ever trained at and Tobias could feel his sweat literally digging into his skin. He didn't care. His bandage was soaked with blood, from a few torn open stitches. His mind raced as he forced his body to go on. All he could think about was Mabelle, Bardock, and his and Bardock's children.

~ Could I raise it as my own? Could I not show favouritism? Could I look at Mabelle the same ever again? ~ he thought. A way ward blast caught him off guard and he fell to the floor, on his hands and knees. He gasped for breath as he laid face first on the floor. He forced himself to his hands and knees, blood and sweat pouring off his face.

^Fool^ a voice whispered in his mind. Tobias leapt to his feet, and whirled around looking for the source.

^I am in here fool. I am Artic.^ the voice said.

~ Great now I'm going insane. ~ he thought.

^No boy, you are not. I am what is left of the Artic programming and soon I will wear myself out, so listen to me. Your mate carries your child as well as the child of another as well, correct?^ it said.

~ So? ~ Tobias snapped.

^So baka, if Lady Icer drugged her and Bardock do you think she wanted to bare his child? BAKA!! She even gave you a choice as well.....look you just have to be a man about it. She loves you.......go back and raise them both as yours.........I have to go, farewell boy.^ it said, and vanished. Tobias stood there for a bit, thinking.

~ Well it did give me good advice. I sure as hell hope I never hear from him again. ~ he thought. Tobias nodded his head and made his decision.

*****

"Mabelle? Are you okay?" I asked as I shook her shoulder, she got up and looked at me.

"I'm fine, I just need to go for a walk alone, I have to get some serious thinking done," she whispered and I knew what she was thinking. She was wondering about the future of her children now that they had no father to accept them. I began to cry silently as I watched her walk off her tail hung limply by her legs and her dress fluttered around her as she exited the building.

"Will she be okay?" Trunks asked and I could sense he was wondering if she was suicidal.

"She'd never do that, she's very religious and that would be murder. Besides, it's her children she's worrying about now," I sighed as I leaned into his embrace and thought about ways we could help her. "Maybe we should offer her a place here?"

"Yes, but will she accept?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"Probably not, she doesn't like to intrude," I whispered as he kissed my neck.

*****

I walked around the building, slowly moving away from the GR. I saw a daisy growing at the base of the building and I picked it. I held the small, frail flower up and looked at it closely. I stroked a petal and sighed as I leaned against the building. I closed my eyes and slid down to the ground.

"He loves me," I whispered as I plucked the snow-white petal. Images of our first kiss passing through my mind.

"He loves me not," images of Bardock throwing me over his shoulder.

"He loves me," images of planting the garden with him nearby.

"He loves me not," Lady Icer telling me what she was going to do after she killed me.

"He loves me," riding on the Nimbus together.

"He loves me not," Bardock's face as we mated.

"He loves me," Toby' face as I woke up and we were in spoon position. I dropped that last petal and noticed the tears streaming down my face. "Dende, I wish I knew!"

"He does love you," I heard him whisper and I looked up.

"Y-you do?" I asked as if I was a child. He nodded as he knelt beside me.

"I do and I forgive you if you forgive me," he said as he looked at me and I practically screamed.

"Of course I do!" I cried as I threw myself into his chest and wrapped my arms around him. Holding onto him as I wept into his chest, my heart felt like it had broken into a hundred pieces and now it felt like it was going to burst out of love.

*****

"Feel better?" Tobias asked, gently stroking her hair. Mabelle nodded, and Tobias looked up at Kakuna and Trunks.

"We're going home, but would you do me a favor?" Tobias asked.

"Sure, what do you need Tobias?" Trunks asked. Tobias smiled and waved a hand at Kakuna and Trunks.

"Forget that one of the children is Bardock's." he said, and forced his author powers to come back. At first nothing happened, they just stared at him strangely, making Tobias grow nervous. Then their eyes clouded over for a bit, and then they both shook their heads.

"Hey what's up? Why are we here?" Trunks asked while Kakuna just looked confused. Tobias smiled and Mabelle gave him a look.

*****

I had the strangest feeling that I was forgetting something as I watched Mabelle and Tobias take off. I ran a hand threw my hair and looked back at Trunks.

"Did we leave something on in the lab?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, why?" he asked as he wrapped his tail around me.

"No reason, I just feel like I've forgotten something important is all," I sighed as I wrapped my tail around his waist and nuzzled against him. "Oh, well, let's go inside."

*****

"Why did you do that?" Mabelle asked as they set down in front of the cabin. She had been silent the whole way home and hadn't said a word as he carried her in his arms.

"I don't want Bardock to know. Besides, that means Goku now has a sibling." he said, and Mabelle looked surprised.

"I never thought of it that way before." she mumbled, and Tobias wrapped his tail around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Look nothing against Bardock but I want to raise them both as my own. Besides, he has to get to know Goku better. Maybe some day, much farther in the future, we'll tell them but not now." Tobias said, and Mabelle smiled.

"I love you my incredibly smart Saiyan." she purred and Tobias chuckled, hugging her tighter.

"Smartass....." he said.

"You love it."

"You know it."

"I do."

*****

"Toby, I want to do something," I said as kissed him. He chuckled as his tail pulled me even closer. I smiled against his lips. "Actually, that was my idea." Toby's eyes opened wider and I laughed.

"Do you?" he asked and I nodded.

"We have to make up for lost time," I whispered as I began to kiss up his neck, enjoying the look on his face as I nibbled gently on his shoulder. "Plus I have something I need to finish." I wasn't really shocked when we appeared in the bedroom a little less decent than a second ago.

*****

This time I didn't scream, as much. And at the last second I gave into instinct and bit into his shoulder as hard as I could. The sweet, coppery taste of blood filled my mouth and I purred as I drank it. Toby rested over me and I purred, licking at the oozing wound on his shoulder and I began to feel it. Toby's tongue was running over my mark, he had reopened it and was doing the same to me. Slowly, I began to sense him with my mind and I opened up to him. Memories came rushing in, time spent with his father, in the woods, he and his first love getting into a car accident and having her die in his arms, watching DBZ, and I realised that he was watching my sad life. My father and me, my father's death, the three weeks I spent in the hospital, his hand ran over that scar as the memory passed, my mother remarrying, my unhappiness at home.

"Oh Dende!" I cried as I grabbed onto him, the bond was strong and I knew it had to do with the moon that was slowly moving up into the afternoon sky. "We're moon bonding!" I held onto him tighter as the link between our minds became stronger. I could see his very thoughts and he was in the same state as I was. Most of all I could sense his love for me and my love for him. Toby moaned as he crushed me to him and I nuzzled his neck. This time we cried out together! Somewhere in the back of my mind I could feel the ki within me double, as if one of the twins became stronger, I smiled as I slowly fell asleep in his arms.

*****

"I love you, Mabelle." Tobias whispered, stroking her hair. Mabelle smiled and snuggled more into his chest as they lay there in bed. It was almost three, but Tobias had no intention of moving for a long time. At least out of bed. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" she asked. Tobias growled and his tail snaked its way up her leg. Mabelle giggled and pushed it away.

"Not that! I meant do you want to do something tonight?" she asked. Tobias was thoughtful for a minute before answering.

"Let's go dancing." he said, and Mabelle let out a shriek.

"You mean it?" she cried and he nodded. She jumped out of bed and rushed over to the closet.

"What am I going to wear?" she said and Tobias laughed.

"I don't care what you wear as long as you don't over do it." he said and she put her hands on her hips, her tail whipping behind her.

"You males." she huffed, and stalked off to the shower. Tobias sighed and got up. This was going to be a very interesting nine months.

*****

I looked around the closet and decided on the dress that Lime had forced me to buy. I smiled as I began to get dressed and while Toby was in the shower. I grabbed a pillow off the bed and shoved it up under the bottom of the dress and looked at my self with the pillow over my belly. I giggled at the image. I couldn't wait, I just hoped I wasn't going to gain a lot of weight. 'You look fine. You're not fat!' Toby's mind whispered in mind and I shook my head. That eavesdropper!

***

To Be Continued...

r & r

now THIS was an UPDATE peeps!!! 53 pages on my computer in total!!! DANG!!!

Okay I know Mabelle / Tobias / VegeChan features alot in these pieces but instead of waiting a few days and placing them up.... I just placed up everything I got between Monday and now together. Why? Cause I'm going out for the weekend and I'm getting out of the house that's why!!! Plus I really have to do some serious home work tonight... so yea... I kinda quick beta'd a few pieces and I want to thank Jeril for Beta-ing the rest... you rule girl!! I don't know how many times I've said that... but it's sooo true.

If you've noticed song titles for chappie titles that's cause I'm like completely uninspired to think up my own ones, even for a few chappies I've stolen Raine's titles... *grins* so titles are not my strong point... but who cares... all I want is reviews!!

REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!!!! EVERYONE REVIEW!!!!

~J'dee