Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ain't Nothing But Magick ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue

*Raine*

Dying Secret

After J'dee had told them all the news, Yamcha silently led Raine outside to the back of the Capsule Corps compound. The two leaned against the wall of the building. Yamcha looked over towards the horizon. Both were silent for a while before Yamcha finally spoke.

"I know it's weird to hear me ask this, but why is that only you, Mabelle, Tatsu and Kakuna are staying? I mean, I'm happy that you're staying and J'dee said that Tatsu girl has already started a family," Yamcha pondered.

Raine winced, her eyes on the ground.

'J'dee told you he'd accept you no matter what. This is the time to prove her right or wrong,' she told herself.

"There's something I need to tell you Yamcha..." Raine began, but her sentence ended when an invisible force knocked Yamcha away from her and she found herself in the air with two arms wrapped tightly around her.

She gasped and struggled until she was turned around.

"Onna, you continue to evade me. When will you learn?" Turles said with a cocky smirk.

Raine growled and struggled, but he managed to hold her to him.

"I've come to take you to our new home."

"Did someone hit you in the head? What makes you think I'm going ANYWHERE with you after what you did to me?!" Raine screamed and powered up, knocking him away from her.

"It was the only way, Little One. You were being uncooperative," Turles said carelessly.

"Uncooperative?" she repeated, on the verge of bursting a blood vessel. In a fit of rage, Tsunami began to power up, her hair turning golden, her eyes turning teal and her aura blowing at her clothing and hair. The force caused Turles to strain to stay where he was.

"I'll show you uncooperative," she said coldly before striking him in the face, sending him flying.

He was on her in no time, trying to restrain her. She pushed him away from her, ready to strike when he lifted his fist. Tsunami braced for the blow when she noticed that he had stopped.

'Wait a minute: he can't hit you while you're carrying the baby!' she realized and a cold, cruel smirk donned her features.

This didn't go unnoticed as Turles suddenly bent over in pain, clutching his stomach, which Tsunami had just punched. She didn't give him the chance to recover when she grabbed his tail. It didn't affect him.

"Onna, I am...too high in rank to be affected by that," he bragged.

She smirked, "I'm aware of that. But not even you can stand this..."

She ripped out his tail.

Turles' screams filled the entire compound.

Tsunami tossed his tail aside apathetically.

"I forgot how good it felt to hurt you," she said calmly before flying at him and striking him in the jaw.

He fell back, spitting out two of his teeth. He looked up at her with narrowed eyes, "It seems we will just have to make another child."

He flew at her, backhanding her and earning a gasp as she went crashing down to the earth. He followed her, intent on making her scream for her insolence. He never got that. She was on him again, throwing blow after blow at him, bruising his face and shielding hers when he tried to strike back.

By then, his fists were cut, purple and bloody. His face was identical. The only mark Tsunami had to show for it was a faint red mark on her cheek.

"DIE!!!" she screamed before kicked him in the gut and forced him to the earth with an invisible force blast. He went crashing, making a large crater.

Tsunami panted, sweat forming on her when her opponent phased-in in front of her. She gasped when he grabbed her arms and pulled her to him.

"YOU are beginning to weigh on my nerves," he said in a deathly low voice.

"Bite me," she said before kneeing him in the balls.

He let out a painful cry and hunched over. Tsunami quickly back fisted him in the back, knocking him through a tree.

"ONNNNAAAA!!!" she heard him scream from behind.

Her eyes widened as she turned around, knowing she wouldn't have enough time to block. She didn't have to. Turles was suddenly knocked out of the sky and went crashing into the ground, forming yet another crater. Tsunami regathered her composure just in time to see Yamcha flying at the bastard and issuing his own piece of ass kicking.

***

*Eternity*

The moment that Trunks and I realized what J'dee was saying, we slipped out of the room and headed outside. In silence we strolled across the grounds of Capsule Corp., until we came to a secluded place beneath a small cluster of trees.

He lowered himself to the ground and pulled me gently into his lap. I couldn't speak. Maybe I thought that if I were silent the reality couldn't find me, but it was a feeble grasp for hope. I could already feel my Saiyan strength seeping away. As I buried my face against Trunks' shoulder, the tears finally came. It had been so long since I'd felt this helpless...this out of control of my destiny.

Trunks held me closer, and for the first time I was truly aware of his immense strength. I breathed in his scent, locking it away in my memory for all the painful, lonely nights to come. Why was fate so cruel?

He drew back slightly and lifted my chin, and I could see the sheen of unshed tears in his eyes, " Will you remember all of this? Will you remember me? " he whispered brokenly.

I could only nod in response. My hand stole upwards, and I allowed my fingertips to lightly trace along his face. 'I would rather die than lose your memory,' I promised through our bond, painfully aware that it would be the final time we would connect so intimately.

A single tear slipped down his cheek, " We will be together again, " he said defiantly, " I refuse to lose you forever. "

I brushed a stray lock of soft lavender hair from his eyes, and he leaned down to touch his lips softly against mine. So bittersweet was his kiss, filled with love and pain and a reluctant submission to the reality of what was about to happen.

" Don't forget me, " I whispered against his lips as everything faded.

***

*The Dragonball Fairy*

I blinked and hoped my mind wasn't playing tricks on me,

"Did she just say we were all going to vanish?" I thought to myself.

For a while I just stared at nothing then I let out a heavy sigh and said quietly to myself "Guess it had to happen sometime..."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I sat atop the roof of capsule corp. Tux had long since fallen I asleep and I had gathered my stuff. Soon I'd be going back to my normal boring life and how was a supposed to explain to my parents where I had been for the last six months? I let out another heavy sigh and stared out at what would be my last animated star light night.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Lady Tri and Raditz were almost at the source of the evil ki when suddenly Lady Tri stopped in mid air causing Raditz to run into her.
"What was that?" asked Raditz, rubbing his head
"That ki we were fallowing it suddenly disappeared..."
But before Raditz could respond they soon found themselves inside a large glass cage covered in runes with a bunch of other people
"What the hell?"


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I stretched and jumped off the roof, I had been there for several hours and a few people had already started disappearing, I was feeling very light myself. I headed to the lounge where I heard there was some kind of meeting. I entered and the remaining authors were there, all saying there good byes. I wondered if I could every just go back to normal after all this... I looked down at my hands to see that they were becoming transparent, I bowed my head and said my last good bye to this world.

***

*Dragon Empress*

It was getting late. Dragon Empress and Goten were sitting on the grass outside Capsule corp. being watched closely by Gohan and Chi-Chi from one of the building's many windows. Goten sighed and sat upright so he could see his friends' face. The 'M' was still there, but it seemed to be fading, just like so many of the other authors.

"It's happening, isn't it?" He said quietly. Dragon Empress turned to face him.

"What?"

"It's happening. The authors are all starting to fade away." He turned away from her and picked at the grass near his feet. "And that means you'll fade away too."

"It does." The 'M' continued to fade. "But I'm not going away just yet."

"I know, but you will go eventually. Just like J'dee did."

"Yeah, I never got to kill her like I wanted to." She chuckled softly. "But there's still time for Gohan, I think!" They both laughed. Then Goten looked over at her again. The majin symbol was completely gone.

"Hey!" He said. "The 'M', it's gone." Dragon Empress reached up and touched her forehead, trying to feel the black, tattooed mark Babidi had left.

"Well, what do you know? It is gone!" She grinned at Goten. "Good thing too, I was starting to get sick of the ugly thing."

"Babidi, or the mark?" They both laughed again, at things only people in their situation would find funny. And for a second, in the dangerous world the Dragon Empress had only troubled more, she was happy.

The next morning:

Goten woke up slowly, dragging himself from the comforting warmth of sleep. He had forgotten just how comfy the beds at Capsule corp. were. Groggily, he pulled on his gi and his shoes and went next across the hall to the guest room Dragon Empress had been forced to sleep in, no matter how frequent her complaints about being unconscious in a place were almost everyone wants to kill you were. He knocked on the door, once, twice, no answer.

"Dragon?" He called through the door. "Are you awake yet?" Still no reply. So, as quiet as he could be, he opened the door ever so slightly so he could peek in.

"Come on, wake up!" Again there was no reply. Slightly worried now, he opened the door fully and walked right in.

"You, are you awake?" He pulled the covers off the bed, but found only a yellow post-it underneath the covers. He picked it up and read:

Hey, Goten!

I'm fading fast, so I thought I'd better write you a quick note just to let you know.

Say hi to Gohan for me, and tell him it's not over yet!

See ya around, man!

Dragon Empress

P.S. I'll be back!

Goten smiled and crumpled the post-it up in his hand. 'I'll be back.' He thought, remembering the very last line of the note. "Oh, there's no doubt about that!" Still smiling, he put the paper in the wastebasket by the bed and walked out.

***

*J'dee*

Forced to grow up to fast the mind will always come back to remind the body despite how long it's been locked away in the depth of the human subconscious. The body reacts to these memories the way it should of all those years ago. I used to have a pet rooster when I was a little girl. Of all the animals a mother chooses to get a child as a pet. A rooster, that along with two chickens, chickens roosters. Animals that don't usually stand up for themselves against the animals of prey like say a cat. I defended them with everything and more because they couldn't defend themselves, yet I feel looking back on it now it was also a subconscious thing. I could not defend myself against my father's attacks like they could not defend themselves against the neighbourhood cats. When I lost them due to the small fact of shifting home, it caused a great tear in myself that I no longer had anything to defend and so I felt I became the chicken in a sense that I could not defend myself and I had no way of stopping those attacks. I am always prone to runaway, it's all I know how to do, and unable to defend myself I run. Since arriving in the Dragonball world I had found that sense in myself that there were others out there that I had to protect and finding that part of me gave me the will to fight, to face the odds and go through the own series of sagas created from the arrival in that world. From Lady Icer to Time Travel, to Blake through to Babity, each time I came out with a bit more strength and self-confidence. But upon returning to the world or reality of my birth I lost all that.

The reason?

Facing that which caused it all to start off with. That which squeezed my mother's life force from the world, and caused the whole transportation in to another dimension. Now I have the biggest battle of all to face, my father.

How could one person be scarier than that of which I'd already overcome? Lying in the guestroom of Krista's place. I felt the whole harshness of the world overwhelm me. Never had I felt fear to this extreme. Krista had listened to my tale when I disallowed her to pry in to my mind to see what had happened. Grateful that she didn't it gave me a relief to talk over the tales of my experiences, to get it off my chest. To my surprise she believed it and with only a few words she made the perfect sense ever.

"So long as you believe they're real."

I told her about Gohan most of all and she seemed amused, that someone such as that could get my love and attention.

"He seemed a bit goofy to me in that cape and helmet…"

I had to explain further on from that point of the series, which she'd seen only because I made her. Then again she wanted to see Majin Vegeta there's something about the two which was a bit too simular for my liking. Though she was much nicer than him. At least to me and I'm glad for her friendship. These explanations she listened to as if they were real. A lot of the times she had treated Dragonball as nothing more than just one of my many anime obsessions. Like Asuka Langely Soryu from Evangelion, this time though the obsession had been a reality and it seemed that world began when you were fourteen and in these anime's. Yet I found myself not craving to return to that age but stay as I am.

I told her of my last day of how I had attended Orange Star high school and lied to my fellow classmates whom I had not bothered to get to know. I attended high school there about as much as I did back here- rarely. I told them what I told the men in black whom had threatened Gohan's job and they were there at the back watching the whole thing. Using the powers of the almighty authors I created false documentation to 'prove' I was twenty-two and a reporter from a newspaper / TV / radio station back in New Zealand.

Gohan's reputation restored and his job back in full swing I had left the class to hear them murmuring behind my back. Gohan had followed me out leaving the substitute to handle the rowdy lot. The girls seemed to find him that much more attractive thinking he'd gone for a school student.

"You didn't have to do that." He'd said and I felt his hand slip on round my waist to where my tail had been. No questions asked in class they thought I had just merely grown out of the 'fashion accessary'

It's lost was still one I growled about, any bet other authors would of kept theirs, but this was another symbol for me that I was going to return to normal. A weak pathetic human girl, who couldn't save her mother's life, or even find it in the after planes of an alternative reality, I was more Ryoga than I wished to be.

When we had returned to Capsule Corp. Gohan had taken me aside and in to a room where he showed me hoe much he was going to miss me. I left out details for Krista's sake. Even though her mind was very much prying more than I was comfortable with. The loss of my tail was a weakened moment when Brolly and the other evil guys escaped after Selene vanished. It had been yanked free and a small battle had followed. Nothing that wasn't quickly sorted out by a smart wish from Tsunami with Kakuna saying that she wanted to help Brolly, so no harm was to come to him.

There were so many things and so many details that it took most of the night to recall it all. Krista told me it would of made a great series idea on it's own. Though I did leave out the details of my little obsession with throwing Duo out the capsule corp. window. And I know all wonder why I hate the braided bakana, he seems to be popular but not with me. I saw the English dub before the original Japanese version. They ruined what might have been a totally acceptable priest collar wearing, longhaired freak of a character. Yes that is the only reason and the reason along I hate him so. The English dub ruined him with that voice. Krista wouldn't understand about Duo, or any of the other anime details, after all she only came over to watch cartoon network after school, for the really good old school shows. Evangelion and Gundam Wing were shows she'd never heard of or was the least it interested in.

After my tale Krista brought the reality of this world on to my shoulders. The baby, if I were to have it here what would happen? Would the two worlds collide because the father was non-existent in this plain? I made the decision there and then to find the other authors and see if they wanted to return with me if I just went alone. That would be pure selfishness. Krista seemed to understand. And she let me stay with her until I could gain my courage to face my father and collect Trey from his clutches and leave this world for good and for once and for all. But until then I had new options. I may of wished myself older but in this world I would legally still be known as seventeen, high school over and everyone was lining up for college. Torn between college and returning one which was what my mother wanted for me like Chi-chi in a way with Gohan and the other a life that I left behind.

Lying in the silence of the guest room I make up my mind. I would think about the life of other's before myself. Toby had been separated from Mabelle like I had from Gohan, he would want to return to, S'rac who seemed to enjoy that world with a Goku like enthusiasm, BananaGirl I couldn't forget her, MQ who had hardly a chance to explore the possibilities of that world, Vega, Alpha Omega and the numerous others. I would contact them all and see who would be willing to return there. I could always go to college there anyway and get that education that my mother wanted.

***

*TRF*

I learned I only had a short time here, and I was shocked. How? Life was bitch...I didn't want to go back to reality, but soon I could feel my time drawing near. I stole a glance at all from Gundam Wing and G Gundam, "Well, I only knew you for about half an hour, but I bid you...adieu," I said with a shaky smirk.

"Goodbye mademoiselle TRF," answered George (The French hunk *sigh*)

"Aren't ya going to end us back to our world?" whined Duo.

"Nope! I think you'd benefit from being here!" then I walked over to where the DBZ cast stood, taking goodbyes from the leaving authors, I felt a tingle, knowing I had barely two minutes or so. I walked over to Juunana, "Don't forget...don't forget me,"

"I won't," he assured me.

"I swear on my life, I'll find a way back! Even if I'm a 98 year old hag when I do!" I told him grinning. I felt my body start to fade...damnit...

Juunana saw it too, he looked me in the eye right before the happiest moment of my life, "I love you," he closed his eyes, and well, that how I spent my last few seconds in the DBZ world: kissing him, and I can say without a doubt that I'll never feel that way again: sad and happy, energetic and tired, anxious and calm...all at the same time.

I faded away, I whispered 'I love you too' to Juunana as the last of me faded into what I was certain for a moment was complete nothingness, I'm not sure if he heard me-at that moment a fond look wasn't much to go on.

When I opened my eyes, there I was, in the same video arcade I'd been in when I left, people around staring-not that I blame them, I mean I just came out of a VIDEO GAME for God's sake! And I was dressed like Lady Une! I also saw paramedics coming up to me and not long after, I was identified as the girl who'd gone "missing" months ago. Back home...back to life...back to school. Yuck. Yes, I'd e-mail J'dee right away and discuss getting back.

But if you think that's the end of my story, you're wrong. What's in store for her now you say? Well, just wait and see because like hell I'm telling you! That story is for another day.

***

*Jeril*

"Hey! Veg!" I called, lifting off the ground.

Chibi Vegeta stuck his head out of the cave we had come to call our home. "Hai?"

"I'm going to CC to check up on what's been happenin', k?"

"Okay! Be back soon! I just found a new buffet place for us to hit tonight! They've got excellent honey chicken, or so I've heard!" he called back. I nodded and blasted off.

I sighed as I listened to J'dee's announcement and sniffled. It had been a great time while it lasted, but now was the time for it to end. All good things had to come to an end some day, or so I had been told. I wiped a tear off my cheek and took a deep breath.

The last six months of my life had been great. While everyone was taking care of the evil people, Chibi Vegeta and I had gone on a mad reign of terror. Well, kind of... We terrorized citizens, painting their hair, cars and lawns, went to every buffet we could find and ate all of the food present, spray-painted obscenities on every wall we could reach, and did other, even worse stuff. Overall, we had a lot of fun and I wouldn't have traded the six months for anything, even a collection of pics of Vegeta, grown Vegeta that is, naked.

I call out with my mind to Chibi Vegeta. Over the months, we had developed a bond of sorts. Not a lovers' bond but a sister/brother type bond. Yo? Veg?

Hai? Sup, he asked back. He had seemed to pick up my slang over the last month or so.

I… I… I have to go back to my world.

NANI? The sheer force of his mental call rang in my ears. I could almost see him before me, recovering his Saiyan pride and princely dignity. I mean, why?

The spell is not gonna work anymore or something like that, I answered.

Well, then make that damn witch woman cast it again!

She can't! Her magick's gone! I wailed and then waited for Chibi Vegeta's mental reply but it was long in coming. Veg? Are you… sad that I'm going?

NO, the indignant Ouji yelled back, covering his pain with anger.

You hate me! I burst into tear both mentally and physically; You've always hated me, haven't you?

No! I mean, yes! I… Gah! I don't know what to say around you, doujo! Chibi Vegeta growled. (A/N: doujo is Japanese for little girl)

So you do like me? And I am seven years your senior! I asked, sending a mental sniffle his way.

I… guess… he conceded.

Awh! You're so kawaii! Glomps!

Just go, doujo, I could hear the smile and the sadness in his voice, and… come back to me if you can… please?

I'll try, Veggie, I'll try. I sniffled again and wiped the tears from my eyes. I bowed my head. I was leaving. I was actually leaving.

Then, before I could think any further, Tobias grabbed my hand and… we were gone.

***

*MQ* One month later... I sighed as I looked at the pictures I managed to get from the DBZ world; all the characters and most of the other authors that I could find. Goku tried to take my picture, but his thumb was in the way, figures. I even got a picture of Vegeta, smiling...sort of. When I had gotten back from the DBZ world, I found myself by a big lake (don't ask...cause I have no clue...) I figured out I was by the Platte river in Nebraska when I found someone on a campsite with a cell phone; at least I was in my home state! I told the only four people who would believe me, my bros believe it or not, what happened. They believed me (OMG!!!) and I showed them the pictures. They agreed to keep it a secret, as long as next time they get to go with...DAMN IT!!! I got a new boy friend named Josh, and he told me the funniest story 'bout a screwed up guy that appeared on CNN... I ended up moving in with my dad, cause my mom was...having some drinking problems; but ended up having a great time. I still am trying to put up stories, and I went to the library to put them up (hint hint...) I sighed and looked out the window and thought to myself, "Well...until next time...maybe..."

***

?End?