Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ain't Nothing But Magick ❯ Takin’ care of myself like I should… ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Ain't Nothing But Magick

Author: Bura / Maria Cline / Seisetsu, J'dee, Vege Chan, Mabelle / Tobias, MQ

Rating: NC-13 (offensive language)

Genre: Drama?? / Humour??

Author's Note: Okay this is the final chapter… those who want to submit their good-byes will be put in an Epilogue… sorry folks it's just I really wanted to wrap this up… and no one was really putting anything in… sighs I know irl with other fic commitments and so forth… I haven't neglected you. Don't worry MQ you're piece is here because there was just like not much else going on in this chapter.

I brought Icer back for the farewell too.

AN: There is a Return though… and that will be up sometime in the future watch out for it ;p thanks for the great fic and see you in the sequel those who are coming back!

****

*Takin' care of myself like I should…*

The power of a gun can kill, and the power of fire can burn.

The power of wind can chill, and the power of the mind can learn.

The power of anger can rage inside until it tears you apart.

But the power of a smile, especially yours can heal a frozen heart.

-The Power of a smile

Tupac Amaru Shakur 1971-1996

***

*MQ*After I was done listening to J'dee, I walked out of the infirmary, fellinglike I got hit by a freight train. I walked around CC aimlessly, thinking to myself, "Damn...I haven't doneAnything-fun here cept get my ass kicked by that oh-so-hot Veggie...which, in a sense wasn't fun. I better do somethin' here before..." I stopped and remembered how screwed up my life was in my dimension, and the incident with Stan at the pool. Him and I had been going out sense our junior year, and we rarely got into fights. I felt tears prying at my eyes and held them back. I rarely cried my whole life, and never over a guy; and I wasn't going to start now. I wiped at a few tears that had escaped and said," Man...if that bastard Stan were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind..." Then, I got a thought. Remembering about our, "author powers," I said, "I wish Stan were here." With that, a bright flash of light appeared and Stan was standing before me. "MQ? Hey...uh...hehehe...where am I?" I crossed my arms and did a Veggie pose and replied, "Somewhere you really don't want to be right now." "Ahh..You're mad about that April girl, huh? There's nothin' goin' on, I swear babe!!" He's worse of a liar than I am! "Shut up, and prepare for the beating of your life, bakayaro." I kneed him in the stomach, kicked and punched at him with all of my might, and threw a very small ki blast at him. He was barely conscious when I wished him back to the other dimension...actually to the newsroom of CNN, so everyone could see how pathetic he was. I smiled and said, "BETTER!!!" With a smile of delight still on my face, I walked down the steps to find Vegeta leaning against the wall in his usual pose, smirking. "K, bub. Spit it out; what did ya catch?" He looked at me still smirking and said, "Enough...so you are finally awake to admit defeat, third-class onna?" "HELL NO!!! I would kick your cute ass right now, but I have more important stuff to do before we all go...ya heard yet?" He shook his head slightly and said, "Yes, and thank Kami all of you bakas are leaving." "Yeah...thanks, I'll miss you too," I said sarcastically. I then remembered one thing I wanted to do, and I asked, "Hey, Veggie, can you do somethin' for me...before I go?" "I do nothing for no one." I continued on with my request anyway. I put on my cutest face and said, "Will you take me on a date?" I hoped silently in my head... "There is no way I would ever do that." I hope too much. "Hey, it was worth a shot. C yaz!" I spun on my heel and turned to leave when... "Hold on." I turned back to Vegeta. "You were a very formidable opponent," he said with a smirk. I got a complement from Vegeta...A COMPLEMENT!!! I wanted to scream and hug him...but that would be suicide. I nodded. "Hey, thanks. If by some chance I get zapped here again, we'll fight again, and I will beat you..." He chuckled a little, "Fine." I turned around and before I left I said, "Hey, I'll miss ya, bye." I was hoping for a response, but heard nothing. Damn, see...told you I hope too much. Then, I barely heard him something that I wouldn't have caught with out saiyan hearing. "I will miss you also, MQ." See kids... hoping is a very good thing!!! I turned around but he was gone. I was sooooooooooo happy!!!! hehehehehehehe!!! I smiled and went back up the steps to find some thing like a camera, keeping that conversation I had with Vegeta close to my heart.

***

*Bura / Maria Cline / Seisetsu*

Brolly held Selene threatening at the door of Capsule Corp. "KAKAROTT!!! KAKAROTT!!! COME OUT HERE!!!"

Seisetsu looked down at his hand and he sighed. "I can't just do nothing…"

"Don't you dare!!" Selene shouted at him.

Seisetsu began to focus his powers.

"Oh boy here we go…" Marie sighed.

Marie stood back as Seisetsu transformed.

With the transformation made within in a matter of seconds and Blake burst out the door charging straight for Brolly and Marie closed her eyes a loud *thud, thunk, conk, pow* anime style was heard and she opened her eyes to see Seisetsu standing there and he grumbled.

"Damnit…"

With that he was knocked backwards and they looked over to see Seru and Turles landed with her.

"Look who I ran in to and I just had to visit hearing the J'dee's news of how we're all going home. But how else am I suppose to gather all the Z-senshi's gi's when I'm there instead of here?"

"You won't last long." Selene growled. "Other's have already started to vanish it looks like the evil is being filtered out first!!" She shouted and pulled her arms free and swung a fist at Brolly who caught it with no worries. But he made no attempt to fight her back.

Seisetsu pushed himself up and he growled. "I can't hold my transformation, something keeps pulling me back to… er normality."

Marie pointed. "She's fading look!!" they turned there attention to Lady Seru who looked down.

"Not yet!!" She cried and then she shot out several ki blasts towards capsule corp.

Marie growled and held her hands up placing up a shield and the blasts were disintegrated, looking at her hands she watched as her evil half began to fade in unison with herself.

"Well that's one way to end this…" She murmured.

"Marie!" Then she and Seru were gone.

Seisetsu looked at Turles and Brolly. Selene growled.

"I wish all the evil guys were locked up in magickal proof glass!!!" Selene wished out loud then suddenly Turles and Brolly were gone and they looked round.

A scream from inside was heard and they ran back inside and skidded to a halt.

"Whhhhoaaaaa." Seisetsu grinned. They watched seeing all the evil villains trapped in a closed off part of Capsule Corp all in little glass cages a shining silver writing sprawled against each plane of glass.

"So what now?" Selene asked.

"Hey we'll be gone in a matter of hours… leave it up to Eighteen she'll know what to do." He grinned.

Selene whipped out a frying pan and conked him over the head. "Goku-kun is the hero not Eighteen you moron!"

"Hey OWWWW a guy can dream can't he?"

"You dreams are too worrying… so no, I mean really in all honestly what NORMAL guy dreams about Eighteen in a swimsuit on a beach of sugar land?"

Seisetsu rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled. "Uuuuh me?" He offered.

Selene groaned and she sighed. "*ahem*" She looked over to see Bardock standing in the doorway. "That was a smart thing you did there."

She felt herself blushing. "Bard-kun." Her eyes grew all starry and he chuckled.

"I know you're leaving soon, and J'dee told me you wanted to have some time with me." He smirked at her seeing her reaction.

"Ooooh J'dee I'm going to glomp her!!" Selene squealed excitedly before clinging on to Bardock's arm as he led her out of the room.

Seisetsu looked at the villains under glass and scratched his head and looked seeing Icer there too.. "Oh wow there you are." He walked up to the glass and she let out a low growl. "Don't worry we're all going home soon…" He nodded as if that would make her situation all better. "Unless ya know you're pregnant or something… then you're staying. But seriously as much as I love it here, Krillen's just too much of competition for me."

Icer groaned and held her head and sat down in the glass cage and Seisetsu sat down next to her and began to ramble off non-important things. All the other villains looked at her then at him and sweatdropped.

"…I was a really good villain for a while. I was going to create an army of sugar men can you image that, the only way to defeat them was to eat them and only I like eating raw sugar to everyone else it woulda made them sick and I woulda been the champion and Eighteen would have been all mine-"

***

*J'dee*

The news of me having to leave well lets just say Gohan wasn't taking it to well. He was more angry than anything. Angry that people like Tsunami, Kakuna, Mabelle, Tatsu could stay behind but someone with my power couldn't.

"You have to understand after that last wish-" I paused knowing that the wish had saved Gohan's job and his reputation at Orange Star as a teacher. "My powers, so I wouldn't harm anyone else..."

"You didn't harm anyone." Gohan hugged me. As author and all powerful who started this mess, I was the first to arrive and the last to leave. Everyone had said their good-byes I had probably only a few hours left.

"I should go." I slipped from Gohan's arms. "Sorry about the roof again."

"Stay..." I felt him grab my arm and I looked at him. "At least until you know you have to leave." He added softer and I nodded slowly.

"It couldn't hurt." I murmured and I gasped as he pulled me close lips encasing mine pinning me up against the wall. "We can't-" I breathed as I felt his kisses trail down my neck and I gasped and his entire body pressed up against me and I felt that need there for him. That last moment of release he would need.

"Please..." He begged. I'd never heard him beg like this before.

I nodded mutely and with that he pulled me in to the room shutting the door behind him.

****

*Tobias / Mabelle* "What do you want to do next, Mabelle?" Tobias asked, as they stepped out of the photography studio. They each had pictures of them, together, and had spent most of the day just walking around and doing things. They had eaten in "What do you want to do next, Mabelle?" Tobias asked, as they stepped out of the photography studio. They each had pictures of them, together, and had spent most of the day just walking around and doing things. They had eaten in fancy restaurants, gone dancing, and visited museums. The day would've been much better if Tobias didn't have to leave today. Mabelle just shrugged and smiled up at him. "Let's just walk around the park for a while, okay?" she asked, and Tobias smiled. ***** I leaned against him, taking in his sweet musk and fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall since we had gotten up this morning. ~Flashback~ I stared at him as he slept, his gossamer lashes twitched as his eyes moved beneath his lids. I let the tears fall down my cheeks as I watched him sleep, my head on his chest listening to the strong sound of his heart beating….in time with mine. I had shut off our mental link and I had to fight the urge to open it again. "I love you," I whispered as I cried into his chest. ~End of Flashback~ "Mabelle? Are you okay?" Toby asked and I looked up at him. "Yes…I'm fine," I whispered as I brushed some of his hair out of the way and I kissed him. Suddenly he groaned and rested his weight against a nearby fence. ***** "Tobias, are you feeling alright?" Mabelle asked as he leaned against the fence, in the sunset light. Tobias shook his head, and tried to stand up. He almost fell over, but Mabelle caught him. To her shock, he felt almost lighter than she was. "We need to get back to Capsule Corp." ***** I lifted him over my shoulder as I took to the air rushing to get to Capsule Corp and I saw others standing around. I dropped down and watched as the group surrounded me and I began to gasp for air. No, no, no nonononono! It wasn't time to go yet…not yet! I felt the tears coming as I placed him down and I looked at him as he stood up and looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. "No," I whimpered pitifully as I began to shake my head. "Not yet….not yet!" I began to sob as he caught my chin in his hand and he looked down at me. ***** "I promise I'll come back." Tobias whispered as the others were saying goodbye. He hugged Mabelle tighter and then kissed her gently. They stood there like that till S'rac tapped him on the shoulder. "Toby, J'dee says it's going to happen soon. You have to let go of her or she'll come with us." S'rac said, walking back to the others to hold their hands. For a moment, Tobias held her, not wanting to let go. Then he slowly, closed his eyes, and let his hands touch her stomach. "I promise." He whispered. He gently pulled himself away and stood on the far side of the circle, and grabbed S'rac's right hand with his left, and Jeril's left hand with his right. As they all began to fade away, her whispered to Mabelle, "I love you." ***** I stood there for a second as I saw there was nothing. They were gone and I began to sob. I felt hands on my shoulders as I began to convulse with the strength of my sobs. The tears fell from my eyes down my cheeks, dripping onto the ground as I fell to my knees. I began to shake my head trying to deny what I was sensing. I opened up my mind again as if to try and catch a little bit of Toby…but there was nothing left…nothing at all…I was empty and alone in my mind.I shook harder as I tried to open my mouth, gapping like fish as I shook with my sorrow. "N-n-n-n-n-n," I muttered as I looked up at the empty space where my mate had stood not even two minutes before. I took in one last long breath. "NOOOOOOOO!!"I could smell Kakuna nearby as I fell to the ground in a faint. I felt the warmth of my friends as I rested in my unconscious slumber. ***** *J'dee*

They were gone. It felt odd I stayed there staring at the blank space then at myself. I had one day left before I would go. I felt the stares on me suddenly.

"I uh…" Rubbing my arm subconsciously. I felt somewhat cold and unsure of what to say or do. I could no longer feel anyone Looking over at Mabelle, Kakuna, Tsunami and Tatsu, their power levels they seemed to change it was as if they actually belonged here and I was the intruder.

"One day till I go." I murmured and walked out of the room.

"Where's she going?" I heard Bardock question. That was the downside author wishes were reversed but Bardock stayed due to his link with Mabelle and the child she held that was his. And the other saiyans stayed also Chibi Vegeta, Turles, Radditz, and Brolly. Cell, Frieza, King Kold, Koolar, they were a wish upon the dragonballs there was no way to get ride of them.

The softness in me had let them all live but just had them imprisoned, it was up to the Z-senshi what they wanted to do with them. Goku actually wanted to keep Radditz alive this time round, it must have been the brother thing. Bardock had changed and well Radditz would be no problem.

I stood outside the glass prison where they were all held and I ran my fingers along the inscriptions on the glass I must of looked insane to them just doing that. But I had no more link to anything magickal. I couldn't even feel the magick in the words written on the glass doors of their prisons. I spent over and hour in that room with the bad guys of the DBZ series. Brolly was back to his insane self; which showed that the author who wished his insanity to be gone was gone herself.

His eyes held that look on insanity. The window seemed suddenly to thin for my liking and he grinned at me.

"GET ME KARAROTT!! KARAROTT!!!" He shouted and banged on the glass and I had a sudden flash of bright super saiyan yellow flash in my mind.

FLASH

Gasping grabbing my head seeing and feeling the glass up against my back, hand, and I felt it where I didn't want it, I was to scared to open my eyes and then it was gone and a figure was hugging me and I opened my eyes. A pool of blood. My father's body lying there and the realism of the situation. Trey staring at me.

FLASH

Moments later I'm handing a cooked leg of lamb to the neighbours taking Trey and driving somewhere.

FLASH

The sound of a shovel digging dirt and then a clang. "Quick get him." I can hear Trey's voice.

I need no reference to him and I pull my father's body out of the trunk dragging it across the ground, he's not the lightest person ever, and in death he seemed twice the weight of Brolly, with half the size. Dropping him in the hole I look at Trey who jumps out and we bury him together.

FLASH

On a plane and we're going somewhere. I don't know where but we're running away from what Trey had done and I feel the strange sense that no matter how far we go, we're being hunted.

"I miss mum." Trey spoke softly.

"I do to." I added softly.

"I hate his family how could they raise him like that and treat us like we're nothing?" He asked.

He was angry. He had every right to be angry.

"We'll survive Trey. We have each other now. We're together. Everything will be okay."

He laughed dryly. "Like and Jim Morrison always says. 'Back to L.A'…"

The flashes stopped and I pushed myself up off the ground Radditz staring at me. "No magick but still cursed. So what's it like?" He laughed.

If he wasn't behind that glass I'd kill him for what he did. The memory and pain of loosing my tail like that to HIM and Brolly of all people had me angry.

I left the room so not to let them get to me.

"Have a nice trip back to where NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU!!!!" Radditz shouted after me laughing.

I re-entered the hallway.

Capsule Corp, once the place I had come to know to be filled to the brim with authors- the halls looked empty as I walked down them to the lounge. I saw Vegeta, Goku; standing there they looked at me. I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

"Sorry for the trouble." I muttered and shuffled my foot nervously.

"No trouble." Goku grinned that famous son grin and I hugged him. He laughed and gave me a hug back. "Take care." He said softly. "We'll make sure Gohan stays sane while you're gone." He added.

"You make is sound like I'm going on vacation." I sighed. 'If only it were true.'

Gohan came out carrying Tiger and he handed her to me I took my kitten in my arms and looked at her, she was the probably the closest I'd ever come to holding a real child in my arms. I placed her on my shoulder and looked at Gohan.

"Bye."

"Find a way to come back. Please." He said softly.

I nodded. "I will." I wandered up to Kakuna and I smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder. " I know he's going to be watching over Mabelle for Tobias, but just make sure he's okay…" I paused and let out a defeated breath. "For me, not that I don't trust his family, it's just, I have this feeling about something." I added.

***

*Vege Chanz*

Shortly after waking, I was approached by Vegeta, his expression grim. I knew before he opened his mouth that something was wrong and it had to do with J'dee.

"She's asked that all the authors gather in the lounge."

Trunks squeezes my hand tightly. Apparently he already knew that this might mean the end.

I sit upright, wishing that I didn't have this sudden bout of fear bubbling within me. I know without a doubt that this may turn out as better news for myself than the others, although it does nothing to ease my tension. Their pain and worry is strong. Briefly, I allow my min to touch each of their own, hearing their silent good-byes to a world they all knew and loved. I'm glad that J'dee has been freed from the clutches of Babidi, but at a great price. The loss of her magick weighed heavily upon her mind. Her strife, out of all the others is the one that shines the brightest and I am unconsciously drawn to her.

Saying nothing, I step around Vegeta and Trunks, feeling their eyes boring deeply into the back of my skull. How can I leave this place if I must? I know that the child I carry is a major concern to them. Vegeta is unwilling to admit it, but Trunks voices his opinion and he beside me in a heartbeat.

"Kakuna, you can't go down there. What if you're forced to go? I…I don't want to lose you…" His arms encircle my waist, pulling me against him.

"Trunks. Let me go, please. You're making this harder for me," I stammer, feeling my eye beginning to burn.

I pry myself from his grip, trying hard to keep from looking back at those beautiful blue eyes that gaze at me with such unconditional love. We'd only just met, but it feels like a lifetime…

Descending the stairs proves to be harder than I'd imagined, my hands clenching the banister as I look down to find her there, waiting for me. What does this mean? Tentatively, I reach out to her and she doesn't resist. My intrusion is welcome for once as I walk along the surface of her thoughts, I realize, she wants me to know.

Wordlessly, I pull her into a tight embrace, allowing the tears to fall. "J'dee, this is the end isn't it?"

Slowly, she nods, her arms hanging slack at her sighs. In part, she envies me. She has no desire to return to the hell of her world, the place that was once my reality.

"You belong here," she whispers. "It's almost like you've always been here. Your ki…"

I nod, silencing her with a hesitant smile. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it."

She takes a step back, facing all the others who'd gathered. It almost seems that I'm being ignored... almost as if I've begun to fade into the background. 'It is true,' I think sadly. 'I do belong here." Unconsciously, my hands lower to my swelling abdomen. 'My ties to this world are too strong to break.'

Mabelle wanders toward me, her expression unreadable. I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it must be for her…to be torn between the two fathers of her children.

I suppose, together, we'll live through it… We have our friendship and expectation of our future generation that we carry.

For a moment, J'dee exits the room, reminiscing one final time. No one has to explain to me what is happening and I sense her pain as she falls to her knees, memories of what is to come… What will be done about the others that were wished back, I do not know, but deep down, I know that it may be me that'll care for Broli. Personally, I always liked his character and seeing him becoming the prisoner to his own insanity always bothered me. I'll find a way to calm the raging storm…perhaps he'll even live a normal life afterwards.

Sighing to no one in particular, the others fade around me, going to the places that they'd all originated from in the beginning.

I am faintly aware of Mabelle's hand taking mine, squeezing tightly as she cries.

J'dee approaches me, whispering in my ear that she hopes that I will help to look after Gohan and the others. "Kakuna, I know that his family is great and all, but I just have this feeling…"

It's hard to stay strong at a time like this, but I know I'm not alone… The original Z gang stands close by, unsure of how to react to the remaining few of us… Watching her disappear proves to be hard, knowing that she was the only link between this world and then real…

We all cope in our own ways… each of use parting to begin the newest chapter of our lives. Me? I think I'll be okay… I'll carry to term and love my child with my new family. You ask me do I regret leaving the real world behind? In part, I do, and I know I'll miss it, but here, I am free…

***

*J'dee*

I spent a god half an hour sitting on the cliff face watching the last animated sunset. I felt he slight chill in the air and tilted my head skywards staring at the midnight blue color of the sky and feeling the sting of the cool animated breeze. Tiger huddled tighter in to my shoulder and I petted her on the head. It was then I saw the sky darken and the bolt of lightening I felt a strong buzz and everything went black before I felt myself fade from the world I had come to know and love as home.

****

When I came too I was lying in a circle I could feel the dewy grass beneath me and I sat up seeing the real life sun rise peek over in the distance of the other side of the port hills. I sighed to myself and I heard a car and looked in the distance as a sleek black Nissan Skyline GT-S pulled up and it stopped the door opened and I looked seeing Krista behind the wheel, she looked at me like she was staring at a ghost.

"Jera..." She breathed. "You are alive!"

I stood up slowly. I nodded and wandered up to the car I got in the passenger side and looked over and watched as Tiger bounced out of the grass running up to the car and jumping in and on my lap.

I closed the door. Krista looked at me. "It's so good to see you. Months have been gone... did you know what's really odd? Is that people from through out the world who vanished for months are suddenly popping up everywhere too. It's the strangest thing." She remarked and smirked at me. "Know anything about it?" She teased.

I laughed nervously and rubbed the back of my neck. "Me? Heh no clue."

"You're a lousy liar." Krista chuckled. "But it doesn't matter, you're back, you're alive and I sense you've brought a little something extra with you."

I looked at her confused. "Little something extra?"

She smiled at me knowingly. I blinked and then I looked down as he eyes gazed on to my stomach. "What? That's impossible! I can't be! If I'm back here I can't be!!"

Krista laughed. "Hey hello who's the stronger Wiccan here, since when have I been wrong about that sort of stuff?"

I felt my palms go sweaty and my pulse quicken. That's it I would e-mail the authors who returned and let them know I was working on a way to get back.

"Don't sound surprised. C'mon you should sense it to."

"Um hello since when have I been able to sense things that involved me? And my body, and guys and- and... stuff..." I stammered not knowing what to say.

"Well -o-blind-one- open your eyes girl, your pregnant and have been by my senses for probably just over two days..."

"Two days... dudette I hate how you do that." I grumbled knowing that perfectly well that linked Gohan as the father. 'I have to go back I have to go back.' I thought.

"You are not going anywhere girl, you are coming home with me where I've made a fresh batch of mugji soup."

"Dudette stop reading my thoughts!!!" I growled.

"Well don't think so loud." Krista laughed.

'Telepaths.' I thought shaking my head.

Krista just chuckled again. "Hey check it out Queens of the Stone age." She turned the radio up and I smiled as the song 'No one knows' came on the radio.

I put the belt on as Krista drove the car back to her place I would stay there for a few days till I could gain the courage up to head home gather boy- Trey, and find a way to return the DBZ world, after some notification to the other authors.

****