Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ Crush ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at a fanfic. Please go easy on me and more importantly, review!

AN: I do not own dbz. I'm just a fan. If this fic has somehow offended you, I'm very sorry.

Trunks:18

Marron:17

Bra:17

Pan:17

Goten:17

~Chapter 1~

Trunks pulled his car to a stop and stepped out. He walked into his school and headed straight for his locker, but abruptly stopped as he saw her. It was Marron, the prettiest, most popular girl in school. Also the most wanted girl by the male population in his school. Trunks had a major crush on Marron, but knew he would never be able to have her. Not only being one of the geekiest, shortest guys in the school, he was also the smartest. Not that he wanted to study 24/7, it was just that his mother occasionally pushed him at his grades to achieve high marks so that one day, he could take over Capsule Corporation. Being short, he was also teased a lot in school, but that was fine by Trunks. He knew that he just hadn't finished growing yet and was going to hit a growth spurt anytime now.

"Hey move it, shrimp!" someone yelled. Trunks was caught off guard and got shoved into a locker. He just realized he was standing in the middle of the hall. How rude, he thought and wanted to punch that guy in the face, but knew he would get into major trouble if he did for hurting the guy. Even for a short, small guy, he was extremely strong and was a super saiyan. Trunks was always training when he wasn't studying. His father made sure of that. Vegeta was obsessed with making Trunks stronger then his best friend Goten. He already was, but Vegeta wanted to make sure he stayed stronger.

Trunks took a deep breath and told himself to calm down. He started walking again and wasn't shocked when Marron stopped him in the hall, although every single other guy jaw's dropped. Why would beautiful, popular Marron be talking to a shrimpy, pimply squirt?

"Hi Trunks. I was just wondering if you could make it to my 17th birthday party? It's in a couple of weeks and my parents are going all out. It would be great if you could come." She smiled at him. Trunks smirked. He wasn't at all surprised she invited him. They have always been good friends, ever since they were young since their parents were part of the Z fighters.

"Sure, I'll be there! Can't wait." He smiled. Marron's heart gave a leap. Trunks' smile always had that effect on her. She was so happy that he was going to her party. Marron always had a little thing for Trunks, but no one knew except for Bra and Pan. Even though he wasn't exactly the most popular guy in school, she liked him. He was so sweet and honest to her, not like all those other jocks, who were always trying to impress her with their non-existent charm.

"Great! Oh, and could you tell Goten that he's invited too? Thanks," she said as he nodded. The bell rang.

"Oh sorry, I have to go. Can't be late for class," Trunks said, hating that they had to part. He wanted to talk to Marron longer.

"Yeah. I'll see you later," Marron said, disappointed.

*******

Trunks was sitting in his desk in his room, filling out his college application when the phone rang. Since no one else was home, he had to get it. He sighed and picked up the receiver. "Hello?" he said.

"Hey Trunks. Whatcha doin dude?" It was Goten.

"I'm filling out my college application," Trunks replied.

"Oh, so where are you going?"

"Probably to some good college in the states. My mom wants me to go there for better education so I can take over CC."

"Oh really? Too bad you have to go so far away. I'll really miss checking out the babes with you. It's always better with your best friend there," Goten laughed.

"Well, it's not like I had any success. Girls just don't dig me. Besides, I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that Marron might like me."

""I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you dude, no offense or anything. " Trunks sighed.

"I know, I know. Oh! I almost forgot. Marron asked me to invite you to her birthday party in a couple of weeks."

"Cool! It'll be great. Sure, tell he I'll be there. It'll also give you an excuse to call her. Hint Hint." Goten laughed.

" Good idea! Well anyway, I gotta go. I've got to finish filling in my application and send it today or else mom will kill me!" Trunks exclaimed.

"Ok. Bye."

"Later."

******

2 weeks later

Trunks and Goten were flying back to CC. They were so happy since school was just let out for the summer. For Trunks, he had just graduated, while Goten was still going to be in high school next year. They landed in front of CC and went inside. "Mom! Dad! I'm

home!" Trunks shouted.

"Hey honey," his mother called to him, "Come in here. Your college letter just came today. I want you to open it right now!" Trunks walked into the living room where his mother was and took his letter. He ripped it open and scanned the letter. "Well, what does it say?" His mother asked impatiently.

"I got in," Trunks said, but then his jaw dropped.

"What is it?" Goten asked.

"There's got to be some mistake! It says here that I have to be there by this Saturday to get enrolled!" Trunks exclaimed.

"Well, that's fine honey. It's just a little quick. But what's the matter? You look horrified!" Bulma exclaimed.

"I can't go that soon! If I have to get there this Saturday, that means I have to leave on Friday and that means I'll have to miss Marron's birthday party!"

"I'm sure she'll understand Trunks. Besides, college is more important than a party. You'll have many chances to go to parties later."

"But…"

"No buts. Go pack your things right now while I book your flight for you." Bulma ordered.