Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ Going to College ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Chapter 2~

Trunks was flying over to Master Roshi's house to give Marron her birthday present, since he couldn't make her party. He landed softly on the grass and knocked on the door. #18 answered it. " Hi. Is Marron here?" he asked nervously. Even though he's known 18 for years, she still gave him the creeps sometimes with her cold stares.

"Yeah," she said, expressionlessly. Trunks stepped into the small house and went up the stairs to where he knew Marron's room was. He stopped in front of her room and knocked.

"Come in!" she exclaimed. Trunks pushed open her door and walked into her room. Her room was blue and white and decorated with flower wallpaper. "Trunks, hi!" she said as she saw him. "What brings you here?"

"Uh, well you see, I came to give you your birthday present because it turns out I can't make it to your party on Saturday. I'm really sorry." Trunks said. He handed her a small box. Marron was so disappointed. She was so looking forward to Trunks coming to her party, she even bought a new dress to knock his eyes out so he would finally ask her out.

She gingerly took the box and opened it up. Inside, was a beautiful silver bracelet with "Marron" engraved on it. "Oh Trunks, it's beautiful! Thank you so much!" She looked into his eyes. "But why can't you come on Saturday?"

"Well, you see, I got accepted into this college in the states and, well, I have to be there by Saturday. I'm so sorry. I really wanted to come, but I can't." Trunks told Marron, regretting what he said.

"Oh…that's ok. So, you're going away for college huh? When will you be back?" Marron asked.

"I'm going away for 8 years." Trunks replied, biting his lip. "I wanted to come over to say goodbye."

"Well, goodbye then," Marron said, closed to tears. She reached over and gave him a hug. "I'm really going to miss you. It won't be the same without you here," she said, releasing him.

"Thanks," Trunks smiled sadly. Well, I better go. I still have some things to pack. I'll give you a call once I get there ok?"

"Yeah, ok. Bye." Marron waved as he walked out of her room, Trunks gave her one last lingering look and then closed her door. Marron sat down on her bed as silent tears ran down her cheek. It looks like Trunks and her were just not meant to be. She sighed and wiped her tears away. I'm just going to somehow get over him, she thought.

*******

Pan sat in her room by herself crying. She just heard that Trunks was leaving for college from her uncle Goten. She was going to miss him so much. Pan had a secret crush on Trunks for over a year now, but could not tell anyone about it, especially Marron. She knew good and well that Marron also had a major crush on Trunks and couldn't bear to hurt her friend by going after him too. Not that she had a chance against gorgeous Marron. Being the tomboy that she is, most guys saw her as a buddy, and not as girlfriend material. Pan could never tell Trunks how she felt about him. She knew he only saw her as a friend too, nothing more. Now, she was going to have to say goodbye to him. Pan sighed and got out of her room. Her parents were taking her to the airport to say goodbye to Trunks. Well, might as well just say goodbye and then forget about him, if I can. Oh, I really hope I can, she thought. Trunks might not be the most gorgeous guy she has ever seen but she like him for who he was and not for his looks.

********

Later at the airport

"Oh Trunks, I'm going to really miss you!" Bra sniffed sadly.

"Well, I'll call, and its not like I'm never coming back. It's just a couple of years. I'll be back in no time," Trunks said, trying to comfort his sister. He turned to look at Pan. "Hey, don't be a stranger and give me a call sometime. And keep training. When I get back, I want to see how much you've improved!" Trunks smiled at her.

"Yeah," Pan said softly, giving him a small smile.

"Hmph. You better worry about training yourself," Vegeta said. "I'd be embarrassed if she became stronger than you."

"Don't worry, dad. I'll be training hard and working hard too!" Trunks smiled. Just then, his flight was called. "Well, I gotta go. I'll call you all once I get there." He kissed his mom and sister on the cheek. "Bye," he said and walked off. He waved one last time and then disappeared.

"Oh, I'm going to miss him," Bulma sniffed. Me too, Pan thought.

********

15 hours later

Trunks unlocked the door to his new room and glanced around. So this is where I'm going to be living for the next 8 years huh? Well, It's not too bad, he thought. If only Goten were here. It would make this trip a lot more bearable. He sighed and started to unpack his stuff. This is only the beginning of a long 8 years, he thought.