Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ Weird Behavior ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ahh!!! I'm so sorry for not updating sooner! Please don't kill me! I can't believe it took me like 2 months to get this out! But I'm sure you've all heard the excuse before about me being extremely busy with schoolwork and piano and stuff so I won't repeat it all. Please forgive me! Honestly, I've had writer's block. I'm not completely over it yet, though I hope I will be soon. But also, don't worry! No matter the lack of my updates, which I hope will stop and I'll finally be updating regularly, I won't stop until this story is finished. I also want to thank you for all your great reviews! They make me happy! Hehe. So, for the lack of updates, I'll make this chapter extra long! Have a Happy New Year!

Also, if anyone wants to be on a mailing list of when I update, please let me know. Either put it in the review or email me.

~Chapter 8~

Four sisters were currently resting in a small cabin deep into the woods, but one of them was wide-awake. Shakiha brought her necklace up to face level and admired it again for the 7th time. She couldn't get over how such small round orb could contain so much power. ~So much power all for me!~ she thought maliciously. She didn't tell her sisters, nor was she planning to but she didn't intend on sharing the powers with any one of them. She was in control and she will use the powers, no one else.

A small moan alerted her of the wakening of one of her sisters. It was Lahira. "What are you doing up Shakiha?" she groaned.

"Nothing!" Shakiha snapped. "Now go back to bed!"

"Are you still fiddling around with the orb? Let it be for now why don't you? It's not like it's going to grow legs and run away!" Lahira whispered.

"I wouldn't put it past it! Didn't you ever hear that the orbs have a mind of its own? If it doesn't deem its current owner worthy, it will expel a spell, which will let it get away from the person."

"So what are you saying? You're thinking you're not worthy enough? That's why you're staying up all night long just to make sure it won't get away from you? Well then, why don't you let me handle it instead? I'm confident enough in myself to trust that the orb would deem me worthy," Lahira said smugly.

"WHAT?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT SAYING THAT! YOU ARE DISRESPECTING YOUR QUEEN! NOW BOW DOWN BEFORE I MAKE YOU!!!" Shakiha screamed. By this time, both Calarhi and Minara had woken up, while Lahira was cowering at the edge of her bed.

"What are you guys shouting for? It's the middle of the night!" Minara exclaimed.

"I-I don't know what came over me," Shakiha stammered.

"Well, lets just all calm down now and go back to bed. We'll deal with this in the morning." Calarhi commanded.

"Y-Yeah, I think that's a really good idea." Lahira said, still trying to calm down. She stared at Shakiha as she was about to fall asleep once again. She saw her sister clutching onto the orb as if her life depended on it. ~What's wrong with my sister? Why is she acting like this?~ This was Lahira's last thought before sleep overpowered her.

No one noticed, as everyone had just fallen asleep once again, but the orb, like it was trying to be nonchalant, glowed dimly, lighting up the small cabin in the woods. Slowly, the one, which had the orb around her neck seemed to have her energy drained unconsciously, allowing the orb to absorb it all. What she didn't know was that the little orb around her neck had been doing the exact same thing every night since she has had it.

The next morning came too fast for any of the girls' liking. Shakiha could barely open her eyes as the sun shone onto her face. She heard her sisters busily hustling around the cabin, preparing to leave, to find a new, permanent home for them to stay in. "Shakiha! Hurry up and get ready! We're not going to wait all day for you!" she heard Minara's annoyed voice.

"Well, it looks like you're going to have to unless you want to walk all the way to our destination. That would be just fine by me as I could save some of my energy instead of wasting it on you!" Shakiha snapped right back at her.

Calarhi sighed. "Can it, you two, we don't have time for this. Now Shakiha, why don't you tell us what happened last night?"

Shakiha REALLY didn't like being told what to do, and her being extremely tired didn't help one bit. "It's NONE of your damn business and I don't want to talk about this right now! If you want to find out, go ask Lahira yourself."

Calarhi took a step back, "Wow, calm down sis. What's gotten into you? You're so grouchy lately."

"Nothing has gotten into me. Now if you will move aside, then I can get ready and then we can go!" Shakiha gave her a cold stare and walked away.

"Man, what bit her in the ass this morning?" Minara asked.

Calarhi turned to Lahira. "What happened last night? Shakiha wouldn't tell us."

"Well, it was kind of weird. I woke up and saw Shakiha playing around with the orb again but then I sort of told her she wasn't worthy of it and that I would have been better off taking care of it, but I was just messing around. I didn't really mean it. She took it the wrong way and started screaming that she's my queen or something. OK, I don't know what that's all about," Lahira told her sisters.

"She's been all crazy since she got her hands on that orb! I don't understand why!" Calarhi said.

"Hey! Do you maybe think it's the orb? Maybe it's, like, controlling her or something!" Minara exclaimed.

"No way! That's ridiculous. The Lucarians were a good race. They weren't into evil and war. And we heard the tales that mother told us! Bakeru was kind man and used his powers to help, not destroy. It wouldn't make sense if his powers were evil!" Lahira stated.

Minara sighed. "Well then, what other reason could there be for her weird behavior?"

"Maybe-maybe she turned power hungry herself," Calarhi bit her lip, "Maybe, now that she's got her hands on all this power, she's just wanting more and more. It's possible that she's just become really greedy."

"How did she just suddenly become this way?" Minara voiced the question that was on everyone's mind.

****************

Pan ran excitedly into her parent's house, looking for them. She jumped up and down screaming, "I got the job! I got the job," once she found them in the kitchen.

"What job honey?" Gohan asked.

"Well, it's the job of being Trunks' new assistant. It's a higher level job then the one I'm currently at so that kind of means that I'm getting promoted!" Pan exclaimed.

"Oh that's great! I didn't even realize that you applied for that job." Videl said.

"Well, actually, I really wanted that job. It would be really cool working right under the president of such a huge company! It has many perks, plus, it pays quite well. A lot more that my current position, that's for sure." ~Also plus the fact that I get to see Trunks every day! I can't wait to get started.~ Pan added silently.

"Are you sure that's the only reason you wanted that position Pan dear?" her father asked slyly.

Pan blushed slightly at what her father was indicating. "Of course daddy! Why else except that it's a great job experience! I'll get to learn lots of stuff from Trunks, for instance, how he would run such a big company. Then, maybe someday, I'll start a little one of my own!"

"Well, I think it's great! Good luck, but I know you won't need it. I'm sure you'll do extremely well." Videl smiled.

"Thanks mom!" Pan kissed her on the cheek and then took off to go home.

"You know, I bet there's another reason why she wanted that job so much." Gohan smirked to his wife.

Videl smiled back. "I think I know. Her and Trunks. She will be working VERY close with him this year, maybe even hoping to become a little more than just friends."

************

Marron was currently over at the Briefs' house, watching TV with Bra. They were so bored and had absolutely nothing to do. Bra let out a huge sigh. "My gosh, could this day get any duller?"

Marron smiled. "Probably not."

"Yeah, I didn't even ask you before. Why are you over here?" Bra asked.

Marron blushed. "Well, actually, I came over to see if Trunks was here and if he wanted to hang out but he's not." They both turned to look at the door as Bulma walked in.

"Hey girls. What are you two doing in here on such a lovely day? Shouldn't you be out shopping or something?" Bulma asked.

"Actually mom, I already went to the mall this morning. There's really no need to go back and look at stuff that I already have."

"Well, just make sure you don't max out your credit cards again. Otherwise, I'm going to take them away."

"Yeah, I know. Hey mom, do you know where Trunks is?"

"Yeah, I think he's out with Goten somewhere. Why?" Bulma asked, suspicious.

"Oh, no reason, just wondering," Bra replied.

"That reminds me. Trunks is going to take over C.C soon and guess who's new assistant?" Bulma smirked.

"Who?" Marron asked, curiously.

"Pan!" Bulma exclaimed. "Isn't it wonderful? I know that they are starting to like each other and now since they're working so close together, maybe they might even end up getting married! Oh! I would love to be a grandmother!"

Bra looked over to her friend and saw that she was a bit upset and decided to help comfort her a bit. "Oh mother! You'll never know what could happen. Don't make any plans for grandchildren yet. And marriage? They're not even dating!"

"Oh, I'm almost positive that they will get together soon! I'm his mother and a mother's intuition is always right!" Bulma then walked out of the room to go work in her lab.

Bra turned to Marron. "You know, my mother could be wrong. I mean, there's a big chance for both you and Pan. It's just really up to fate."

"Thanks Bra, but it's ok. Really, if Pan ends up with your brother, then so be it. I mean, all's fair in love and war right?" Marron gave a sad smile.

***********

All of them were packed and ready to go, waiting for Shakiha to take them to their new home. "Shakiha, are you ready?" Calarhi asked.

"Yes," she replied as she took a deep breath, readying herself to use her new powers once again. She was still extremely tired, but she brushed it off, thinking it's only because she stayed up late last night. Shakiha closed her eyes and reached down to the orb and concentrated as best as she could. Suddenly, the cabin became isolated, once again, as the temporary occupants disappeared with a small poof.

They landed in a vast open area, with lush green grass with no one around them for miles. It was perfect. "It's beautiful!" Minara exclaimed. Shakiha was even more drained now, after teleporting them such a far distance.

"But where are we going to sleep?" Lahira asked.

"Duh! In a house that I will magic up as soon as I catch my breath! It's very tiring traveling such a far distance with three loudmouths and their luggage." Shakiha exclaimed. Everyone was silent. Finally, she seemed to be back to normal and brought her hand down to the orb once again and concentrated. Suddenly, a gigantic house appeared out of nowhere, right in front of where they stood. It was gorgeous! The outside was stylishly designed to have a modern, classy look. It was pure white with a large picket fence around it.

"Wow! Great job Shakiha. This place is amazing! And it's going to be our home? I can't wait to live here!" Minara grinned.

"I know! I did do a good job didn't I? Now all we need are a few good servants and everything will be complete." Shakiha smirked as she once again, magically conjured up 10 humans. Or at least they looked human, but if you studied them closer, they were almost like dummies. Their faces were completely expressionless and showed no emotions at all. "These will be our new servants to wait on us hand and foot. They obey only me, but I am letting some of them work under you guys, since I'm feeling generous. Just tell them what to do and they will do it without questions."

"One question," Calarhi frowned, "What are they? Surely, they aren't humans are they?"

"No they are not. They are dummies that I created with my magic to take on an appearance of humans, but aren't. They are not alive. It's my magic that is allowing them to work for us and allow them movements." Shakiha answered.

"They're really creepy," Lahira whispered to Minara. Minara nodded her head in agreement. "How did Shakiha think up these things?"

"I don't know. I just really hope she goes back to normal soon. I miss the old her," Minara whispered sadly.

A/N: Phew, I'm glad I'm done with this chapter now. I don't think it's that great though. I'll try to make the next one better. But as I'm doing this, I'm mostly just trying to improve on my writing skills and just trying to write better in general. Hopefully at the end of this story, I might make it as a decent writer! Anyways please review! Sayonara.