Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Debt ❯ An Eye for an Eye ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello minna! Yes, yes I know I haven't been working on my other stories at all. But of course I had this idea and had to go with it… T_T bad SB bad! Maybe one day I will actually finish something =p Recently my word program has been pretty evil so I'm lucky to be able to post this even. As soon as I get some more Ram everything should be back up to speed. Computers are evil…*kicks computer*

Regardless, I think you all will enjoy this one; it's pretty good I think, and it's written from Bulma's point of view. I find it easier to right in this style for some reason. ^^

Any who, It's a vampire fic, this time. Hope you all enjoy this! And please review!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blood Debt

By Saiyan Butterfly

Chapter 1

An Eye for an Eye

The Night was dark and dreary, and a slight drizzle enveloped the land in a heavy mist. Just the sort of night I love, dark and depressing. I wasn't always so morbid, you know. But so many things have changed since this all began. And I myself have changed in so many ways you couldn't even begin to imagine. My name is Bulma Briefs, the daughter of the most Brilliant scientist on the entire planet. However, that was my life before I ran into him, a great demon who would take my life and turn it upside down, change my perspective of everything, and now my life has never been the same. Let me…tell you how it was….

I had been a happy child, spoiled and pampered. The daughter of a rich scientist, there was nothing I could not have if I so desired it, but money can only buy your happiness for so long. There are times when one becomes lonely. I was one such lonely soul, and a lonely soul is a perfect target to be devoured by darkness.

Then night was much like this one, but the rains were heavier and you could hear the thunder rumbling off in the distance as an occasional streak of lighting cracked across the dark sky. I myself was staring endlessly into the torrential downpour. The night suited my mood, wild and erratic. Yes this storm reflected my mood perfectly.

"Yamcha," I whispered bitterly. He had promised to come see me tonight, but he hasn't shown up. It might have been the storm that kept him from coming. I tried to tell my self this, knowing that it was likely his newest bed warmer that had kept him from me, or one of his business deals, the former being the more likely of the two. "I've had enough of that bastard," I mumbled, staring morbidly out into the rain. "I should just disappear, it's not like he'd care. It's not like anyone would miss me." Yamcha and I, we've been seeing each other for as long as I can recall, but I've really had enough of this. I don't believe him anymore, when he says that he was kept late because of his job. He won't even tell me what he does. He says it's a big secret, and that no one can know what he does. It sounds like some big government job, but I just can't picture my bumbling boyfriend as some secret government agent. The cheating theory seems far more plausible in my eyes.

It's now three am and I hear a door slam. I jump up, grabbing my revolver from the nightstand drawer before quietly heading downstairs. I pause at the foot of the staircase, and cautiously peek around the corner towards the door, to see a huffing figure leaning against it. I aim the revolver straight at the figures head. "What do you want?" I growl.

The figure looks up and his eyes widen. "Whoa! Bulma it's me Yamcha," he squeaked in a horse whisper.

I lower the revolver and flip on the light switch to see him panting for breath and soaked to the bone. He looks like he's been running for quite some time. A bright bleeding cut graces his right eye, another scar to match the one on his cheek. "Have you been fighting?" I ask, unable to hide the concern from my voice.

"Look Bulma, I don't have much time to explain, but I have to get you out of here." He gasped this all in one breath, and I just stood and looked at him like he was crazy. "What are you going on about?" I asked him again. "Are you drunk?"

"There's no time," he gasped. He suddenly took on a look of panic as he suddenly bolted forward, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hallway. I went along with him, more out of surprise then anything. Just as we turned down the hall leading to the kitchen, I glanced back to see my front door hit the ground, and a dark figure enter my home. I certainly sped up after that.

"Yamcha what is that!" I hissed at him as he pulled me along. I didn't get much out of him then. All he said in between his labored breathing was an apology for dragging me into this. "Bulma I never should have lead him here, I'm so sorry!"

We ran out my back door into the storm outside. I somehow didn't think it would be much safer out here, but out here in the rain must be better then in there with that. Yamcha just kept running and didn't stop. I looked ahead to see that we were heading for his black capsule car, but just as we were nearing it a dark shadow appeared before us. I never felt him touch us, never saw him lift a finger, but we were suddenly knocked back by some strange force. I tumbled from Yamcha's grasp, falling face first into the muddy earth. I must have dropped the revolver when I fell. What I wouldn't give for it right now though.

I looked up to see the figure looming over Yamcha. "I told you," it hissed in a deep rough voice that sent chills down my spine, "That I would take something of yours. Take your most precious commodity, in reprisal for what you have stolen from me." It kicked Yamcha, across the yard, before turning its' dark eyes on me. It seemed like those eyes could see straight through me, and I felt as if I was witnessing something far beyond even my comprehension. You could almost perceive the flames of hell burning in those black eyes. I screamed as it came up to me and I scrambled to my feet the best I could. I didn't make it to far before I ran straight into the shadow beast's hard chest. I was momentarily surprised that I could even feel the creature, for it seemed to me like an apparition rather then a solid being. I turned to escape it, but a heavy arm incased me, and with the other he placed his hand over my mouth.

He glared straight at Yamcha and said, "Well then Wolfe, I guess this makes us even. An eye for an eye, a mate for a mate," he cackled and I remembered no more. The last thing I saw was Yamcha's tear streaked face trying desperately to reach me, and the horrible cackling of the beast.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~

Well Minna what do you think of it? ^^ Does it need work, any inconsistencies? And of course if you have any suggestions feel free to leave them in a review ^_~

Now be good little readers and leave SB a review!