Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Debt ❯ Either I’ve Landed in the Mental Ward or I Really Am Dreaming ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry for the wait minna, school has been so very stressful lately T_T But at least I got something out ne? I know I've been slacking horribly on my stories, but I'm going to try and work at least a little bit on each of them. In any case please enjoy this chapter ^^ and review and let me know how you like it okay? As always suggestions are welcome ^^ Now read and enjoy~

Chapter 2

Either I've Landed in the Mental Ward or I Really Am Dreaming

I awoke quite dazed, having no idea as to where I was, and knowing only that wherever I happened to be it was very dark. I squinted in the darkness trying to make out some discernable shape, but human vision can only do so much and the most I could make out was that I was on some sort of bed, and a rather soft one at that. I sighed happily to myself, realizing that it must have been nothing more then a wicked nightmare, but then the door swung wide open and I saw a dark figure outlined by flickering torches that lit the hall beyond. I was definitely not home in my bed that was for certain. "Who the hell are you!" I snapped rudely. Not really very bright of me, I know, but I wasn't too happy to awake in such a strange location.

"Who am I?" He sneered at me fangs clearly visible, as dim as it was, and I shrank back in the bed in fear. As I warily watched him he continued. "I am the prince of darkness, surely you have heard of the great Prince Vegeta?"

I cocked a thin eyebrow at him, either I've landed in the mental ward or I really am dreaming.

"You aren't dreaming," he sneered at me. My eyes widen in shock and horror, I know that I hadn't said that aloud. So how had he…

"Your thoughts are transparent and easily seen," he answered my thoughts, and I started again. But then the shock quickly gave way to dark rage. I don't like anyone knowing just what I'm thinking. As long as I can keep ahead of them mentally I have the upper hand, and so naturally, I was enraged that this creature could see my every thought. "Get out of my head you bastard!" I shouted at him jumping up from the bed, only to now realize that I was not wearing my clothes from before. I paused to glance down at myself and in the dim light of the torches I could see that I was dressed in a long black gown; it was too dark to tell much else about it at the time. The thought then hit me; who on earth had undressed me? My eyes narrowed and I stalked toward the man in the doorway, my anger now renewed. I refused to show him any fear, even though I was shaking inside, and I'm sure my knees were knocking together beneath the heavy black gown. But I certainly wasn't going to let him know that. When I had come very close to him, I could easily distinguish his facial features in the dim light. The thoughts that went through my mind just then were wholly inappropriate. The first thing that popped into my mind was that this man was really handsome. He had a sharp angled face with a strong jaw line, and oh those dark, dark eyes that just seem to draw you in. Then there was that smirk that he seemed to love to sport, that smirk that just oozed of sex appeal. All these thoughts ran through my mind in a fraction of a second, before I reprimanded myself. Though I must say it was all I could do to keep out of my "hot guy" daze. This sudden distraction however, seemed to abate my fear for the moment, and I faced him with little or no fear, but with plenty of suppressed butterflies floating around inside my torso.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked giving him a questioning glare.

"You are now mine," he stated simply. What he meant by that I didn't know, but I certainly don't like being referred to as someone's property, especially not by a complete stranger, even if he is cute.

"What does that mean!" I snapped at him. "I am Bulma Briefs and I belong to no…" I was cut off as he placed his hand over my mouth. "I know who you are," he snapped, "and you do belong to me now. It's a matter of a blood debt" he sneered, slowly removing his hand from my mouth.

"A...blood debt?" I cocked my head to the side in confusion. I felt suddenly nervous and I followed the man's gaze to my neckline. I unconsciously placed my hand there, rubbing my neck nervously.

"Yes," he continued, never taking his eyes from my neck. I stood there nervously, wondering if he would explain the blood debt to me, and wishing to Kami that he would stop staring at my throat like it was a piece of meat. "So are you going to tell me or not!" I snapped. "And you never did mention exactly who you are."

"I already told you who I am", he sneered, "Are you so stupid that you've already forgotten!"

"I haven't forgotten, Vegeta", I emphasized his name so that he understood I knew it. "However, you haven't told me just what you are." I glared wearily at his sharp canines. Those were definitely not normal, and if this was the same man that had attacked me before, then he simply couldn't be human.

"Your right", he smirked. "I'm not human, and very glad for it. Pitiful humans, they are weak"

"Then tell me just what the hell you are and why you attacked Yamcha and I!" Those words had no sooner left my mouth then I found myself pressed hard against the wall. I briefly wondered how he could move so fast, how I could be 10 feet from where I was just a second before and within a fraction of a second be pressed hard against the far wall of the room. "Don't speak that name in my presence!" he shouted, shaking me slightly, "Don't even think that name!" I cringed slightly but then looked up into his dark eyes, rebelliously. "Does this have to do with the blood debt you mentioned? Is that the reason you hate Yam…?"

I never got the name from my lips as he quickly clamped his hand over my mouth. "You won't speak that name again! You are mine!" and then he did something so unexpected, that I nearly fainted in shock. He scraped his teeth sensuously down my neck before suddenly digging his sharp canines into my neck. It was then that I realized just what Vegeta was and why they called him the prince of darkness. "You're a vampire!" I gasped. He looked up at me with those deep black eyes, never taking his gaze from mine as he slowly removed his mouth from my neck. "And you bit me!" I gasped in shock. "How could you do that? Now I'm going to turn into the undead! Ah! I don't want to be a vampire! Or worse yet, what if I'm going to die! I'm too beautiful to die!" Needless to say I was in hysterics at this point. After all, I'd had just been bitten by a bloodsucking demon creature, who wouldn't be more then a little freaked. A sharp slap brought me quickly back to my sense and I held my rosy cheek in shock. I stepped back in fear, glaring sharply at the man… no the beast.

"Calm your senses woman! Your misconceptions blind you!" he sneered at me his hand still raised as if to slap me should I start again. "You humans make me sick with your insane conceptions of things you can't possibly comprehend. That bite won't kill you, and it won't make you one of us either! It is simply a way of marking you as mine, nothing more!"

"I don't belong to you," I whispered quietly.

"What was that!" he snarled.

"I said I don't belong to you! I don't belong to any man, not you, not Yamcha, not anybody! My life is my own and I want you to take me home!"

"I cannot," he said quietly.

I stepped closer to him and looked deep into his dark eyes. "Why not?" I implored. "Why can't you take me home?"

"It is a matter of honor, and of revenge. You needn't know anything more, except that you now belong to me!" he shouted gruffly. "You can stay in here and think about your fate, but soon you will be moved to a more adequate location. And you must realize that you can never return to your home. You might as well learn to deal with it," he sneered softly, before turning and slamming the door and I was left to the darkness once again.

~**~~*~

well what did you all think ^^ Please leave me a review okay ^^

In regards to my other fics, updates should be coming fairly soon for Enigma and The Dragon and the Phoenix