Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. I don't even think I own the plotline…those rabid plot bunnies seem to have taken over my mind.

Gohan laid down the paper and looked up. Bulma started to say something but stopped. Gohan looked over at her and cleared his throat loudly.

"I guess that would mean that my dad wasn't the first Saiyan to land on Earth," the boy said trying to break the silence.

Bulma nodded, "This is very interesting. Just think, there were aliens on this planet before I was born. I just always thought Goku was the first. Maybe there were others before that…" Bulma trailed off as she thought.

"There were ones here before the Saiyans," Gohan interrupted her thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Kami and Piccolo's father were her a long time before that," the demi-Saiyan said laughing.

"Will you two idiots shut up about aliens," Vegeta grumbled.

They had almost forgotten that he was still there. They quit talking and turned to look at the prince. He was seated at the table looking very alone. His eyes were downcast and unfocused; he was leaning forward with his arms resting on the table.

Bulma tentatively asked, "So now what are we going to do?"

Vegeta's head shot up and he glared at her, "We are doing nothing. I'm not going anywhere near stupid humans."

"Stupid humans?!" Bulma shrieked. Gohan touched her arm to quiet her before he spoke.

"You don't really mean that. Don't you at least want to find out what your father was doing here? I mean it must be something important that your father wants you to know or he wouldn't have wrote the letter at all, let alone in a language that he was sure no one could read. That has to mean something." Gohan argued.

"Boy, I … I …" Vegeta stammered trying to argue. He eventually shook his head and resigned. Putting his head in his hands, he did not make eye contact with his mate or the boy. "I would like to know, but … ah … I … oh shit."

"I understand, Vegeta," Gohan said softly. "It's really shocking when you find something out about your father that is contradictory to what you always believed. Like when Raditz told us that Dad was an alien. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to think that I wasn't entirely human; that I was half Saiyan."

Vegeta glared at the boy, "You and your father must have been really stupid not to ever think that you might not be human. You both had tails, for Kami's Sake! If that wasn't a clue."

Gohan looked a little resigned after the remark about his intelligence, "I was only four at the time…"
"Anyways this has nothing to do with what you said," the Prince scoffed, regaining his composure. "It's not like I just found out that I was a disgusting half-breed."
Bulma took the cue that her mate was getting his emotions back under control. "I think I am going to go check this Dr. Kensei out. Just drop by and see what he knows."

"You will not," Vegeta said sternly. "I don't want you talking about me to anyone."

"I'm not going to come right out and say 'Hey, do you remember an alien named Vegeta? His son's now living on this planet.' I'll just find some excuse to go there and see what kind of person he is."

"Yeah the doctor was probably told ton only give the information to you anyways, Vegeta."

"Fine, whatever, go," he replied getting up from the table. He started to leave the room but stopped. Turning around, he pointed at Gohan, "But you're taking him with you."
The boy jumped, "Me? Why?"

"Because, brat," Vegeta said smirking. "You never know what a human is going to do, especially one who deals with Saiyans."
As he said the last part, he looked at Bulma. His smirk grew more mischievous when he knew he had indirectly insulted her. Before anyone could respond though, he turned and left.