Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Not What Was Expected ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ.

A/N: Thanks goes to Renegade Phoenix for coming up with the name, Suki. I am horrible at choosing names for characters. Thanks girl *pokes with tail*.

"Bulma, are you sure this will work?" Gohan asked as he watched her tinker around under the hood of the hovercar. He handed her the broken piece as she pulled out the working one.

"It's a genius plan by a genius woman, of course it will work," she finished connecting the part and closed the hood. "We just go to the door and ask if we can use the phone to call a tow truck for our car that's broke down. Then while we're waiting, we try to get as much information as we can."

"And what do I do?"

"Don't worry, Gohan. I'll do all the talking."

"But," the boy pleaded getting nervous. "What if the doctor figures out that I'm half Saiyan? I mean, if he saw a Saiyan before, he'll notice that I look like one."

"Calm down. He's not going to know what you are, even if it is true that he knew Vegeta's father. Remember, even Vegeta had never seen a half breed before so his father probably never knew that there could be any."

"Ok, Bulma," Gohan said shrugging. "I just don't want to screw this up for Vegeta."

"Well, let's go, the house should be just around the curve of this road," she coaxed as they headed down the dusty country road. After a few minutes, they saw a small farmhouse. They stopped for a moment to look at it.

"Bulma, are you sure this is the right place? I didn't know doctors had farms."

"I didn't either. This is the right place, I looked up the address."

"Well, we should probably go and get this over with," the boy shrugged while looking at Bulma.

"Ok, but first, do I look ok?" the blue haired woman said while preening a bit.

Gohan sweatdropped, "Ummm…yeah."

They both remained nervously silent as they walked up to the house. They ascended the few steps onto the porch and Bulma tossed her hair over her shoulder before knocking on the door. Gohan shifted his weight nervously as he looked at his feet. The door squeaked open and neither of them had expected to see what appeared from behind the door.

A petite, gray-haired woman regarded them warily. Her blue-eyed gaze went from woman to boy and back again. "My I help you?"

"Er…ah…My car broke down about a mile down the road. Can we use your phone?" the blue-haired woman asked.

"Come in," the older woman said in a warm voice. "It will take forever for a repair man to a tow truck to get out here. I'll go get Tsuka to look at it. He's good with stuff like that. He fixes all the farm equipment."

"Oh, we don't want to impose on you or anything," Bulma said walking into the house. "Come on, Gohan."

"Oh, it's no problem," she said walking away. "Wait right here and I'll send Tsuka out to your car."

Gohan waited until he heard the woman walk through the house and exit the screen door in the back. He could make out her voice yelling for Tsuka and then muffled talking. Before he could try to discern what they were saying, Bulma interrupted.

"I bet this Tsuka's the one we are looking for because I couldn't find out Dr. Kensei's first name."

"I'm not sure, this place doesn't seem like what I thought it would be," Gohan said looking around at the quaint little house. "It seems a little too…normal to be the first place on Earth to have a Saiyan."

The woman returned and smiled at her guests. "He said he would be glad to look at it. Would you like some tea or coffee? I could put some on since it will be a little while until he's done with your car."

"Tea would be fine," Bulma said. "This is such a quaint little house by the way."

"Thank you dear! Oh, it is such a mess in here," she said leading them into the living room. "I hardly ever have guests."

"I can see why, this is really far from the city. I'm not too familiar with the area. We just had to go into Azure City for to pick something up and the blasted car broke down right after we passed your house. I'm glad we saw your house, Mrs.??"

"Just call me Suki dear," the woman said smiling. "Wait right here, I'll bring you two something to drink."

Gohan sat down on an old couch and waited. He tried not to fidget but it was very hard. Not only was he nervous, he was bored. He started to run his fingers across the worn out upholstery.

"Dear, why don't you go out and help Tsuka? It's too nice of a day for a young boy to be inside, even if it is autumn."

Gohan looked up at the woman holding a tray. He blushed slightly at her smile and then looked over to Bulma. He didn't want to leave her alone since Vegeta sent him there to protect her.

"Go ahead, Gohan. I'll be all right in here. Go on and enjoy one of the last few days before winter," Bulma said when she caught on to his apprehension.

After the boy left, the two women were alone. There was a brief silence before the elder one spoke. "Such a sweet boy, is he your son?"

"Oh, no!" Bulma said giggling. "My son is only four. Gohan's parents and I have been friends since we were kids."

The women delved into the topic of the four year old after Bulma produced a picture of him from her wallet. They sipped their tea and giggle at the antics of Trunks and Gohan's little brother.

Gohan walked down the road again. He could make out the shape of a man working under the hood of the car. When he got close, the man he assumed was Tsuka, spoke without looking up. "So are you the boy that belongs to this car?"

Gohan thought the voice was familiar but brushed off the feeling of recognition to just speaking with the woman. They were from the same place so they would have a similar accent. "Yeah, well, Bulma owns it. I was just riding with her."

"Well, it will take me a little to repair it," the man said as he turned around. "You want to give a hand?"

The color drained from Gohan's face at what he saw. He had to blink to make sure he was seeing right. His mouth hung slightly open in shock as he stared.

* * *

A/N: I don't like to put notes at the bottom, but I'm just doing this to tease RP. *Poke, poke* I told you that I'd add something interesting that you didn't know about!