Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ To Make a Long Story Short... ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ nor do I own Caine's habit of not using contractions.

A/N: This is it, loyal fans. There is no turning back now…you are now to the point of no return. After this, you may never be the same.

* * *

An hour and a half later Gohan walked back into the farmhouse. He was still a little shocked and confused at what he had seen. When he told Bulma that Tsuka was finished with the car, he was sure that his voice had cracked when he said the man's name.

Bulma stood up and thanked the woman for her hospitality. Suki smiled in a motherly way at them both and told them what a pleasure it was to have someone to talk to. She then insisted that they return and bring the rest of the family. Bulma assured her that her son would love to visit the farm.

When they had gotten out to the hovercar, Bulma looked over at Gohan. "I think I will have to agree with what you said earlier. I don't think that was the right place. Suki was definitely too normal."

Gohan wet his lips and cleared his throat, "I think I have to disagree now. That is definitely the right place."

The genius caught the anxiousness in the boy's voice. She had no clue what he meant by it; the boy was acting really strangely. "And what makes you say that?"

"Just believe me, that is the right place. We have got to get Vegeta over there right away."

"Well, alright," the woman said while she started the car. "Even though I don't think Suki knows anything that will help Vegeta, I told her that we'd visit in a couple of days. I'll just bring his royal highness along for the ride."

Gohan remained silent the rest of the way back to Capsule Corps while Bulma chattered on and on about how nice Suki was. Gohan hardly heard a word. He was still thinking about Tsuka. The man was very friendly even though he seemed quite aware of the boy's reaction to him. He did not mean to stare but it was hard not to. Even after they had finished working on the car, Gohan watched him walk back to the barn behind the house while he was going in to tell Bulma that they were done.

When they returned home, it took a lot of work to convince the Prince to go with them to the farm. He did not like that they had absolutely no proof that it was the right place. Bulma insisted that Gohan was sure about it but the boy remained silent about his reasons for feeling so. When a few days had passed and Vegeta finally agreed to a short outing to the farm. Gohan went along, saying that he deserved to be there since he translated the letter. He was laughed at by the older Saiyan but still allowed to tag along.

Gohan knocked on the door to the little farm house when the arrived. Bulma stood beside him while balancing young Trunks on her hip. Vegeta stood behind them a few steps scowling with his arms crossed over his chest. A few moments later, the gray-haired woman opened the door to invite her guests in.

"Oh my! This must be little Trunks!" she exclaimed when her eyes caught sight of the purple haired child. "What a precious child!"

Behind them, the prince muttered something to the effect of another woman coddling his son. Bulma turned her head to glare at him, "Oh, be quiet. I thought I told you to …"

She never did get to finish scolding him because Gohan grabbed her arm to silence her. When she turned to see what the boy wanted, she saw Suki staring at Vegeta with her mouth agape. The woman was looking at him as if he had grown a second head. Bulma looked back at Vegeta who was still in the same posture as before but with a questioning look on his face.

"Oh. My," was all Suki could say.

"What woman?" Vegeta growled.

"Kissaki? Is that really you?" the woman's voice cracked as she spoke.

Vegeta's eyes about popped out of his head. "How…how do you know that name?"

"I can't believe it. You're actually here!"

Bulma witnessed the exchange but still felt the urge to interrupt. "Vegeta, for the last time, will you please tell me what 'Kissaki' is?"

"Why, it's his name dear," the older woman explained without taking her eyes of the prince. "But seeing as how you called him Vegeta, I assume he earned the title like his father did."

"And how would you know that, woman?"

"Come inside and I'll tell you," she said leading them in to the living room. The coffee table already held a variety of cookies and several cups for tea since she was expecting her new friend, Bulma to bring her family. Once they were all seated, Suki sighed and looked at Vegeta again. She cleared her throat and began to speak.

"I knew your father, Vegeta the King of the Saiyans. And before you ask, I do know that a Saiyan is an alien," she started. "I was only a young woman at the time, I was studying pre-med at the Azure City University. My father was still alive then and running the farm. One night, your father's ship crashed into the lower field. We rushed out to see what it was only to find the ship with three beings that looked human but weren't. My father told me to go back to the house but I didn't listen. Dad spoke to the one and it seemed like they had been part of a battle. Two of them were badly injured - the female and an older male; the one who spoke was banged up a little but nothing that needed more than a few stitches.

To make a long story a little shorter, my father and I decided to help them even though we knew nothing about them. We tried to treat their injuries but the older man died before we reached the house. The woman was badly injured and we did not expect her to make it. I used what I had learned in my classes to treat her as best as I could; the man watched my every move. When there was nothing more that I could do for the woman, I stitched up the man who I found out was Vegeta."

Suki stopped for a moment to take a sip of her tea. Vegeta remained uncharacteristically quiet, even for himself. After looking around to see if she still had everyone's attention, the woman continued relating the story.

"The woman, her name was Pinaca, was in bad shape along with their ship. The King spent his days fixing the ship, while I spent mine tending to Pinaca. The woman was in a coma and remained unconscious for months. During that time I got to know your father. He told me all about Vegeta-sei, how he feared Freiza would do something drastic, how the woman was going to be his mate upon their return to their home world. I told him all about Earth, my dreams of becoming a doctor, my love for the farm, and anything else I could think of. Believe me, we had our share of arguments but we became very close during the year he spent here."

"Woman, I find that very hard to believe," Vegeta said angrily as he stood up. He was just starting to walk out of the room when a voice behind reflected the same anger.

"Yes, I find the whole thing about aliens hard to believe."

Gohan watched at Vegeta turned around abruptly and came face to face with Tsuka. Both men froze simultaneously with their eyes locked. Little Trunks cocked his head as he looked on and Bulma let out a very surprised gasp.