Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Compromise ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
 
[Goten]
 
Back outside, and for the moment away from Trunks, I'm beginning to be able to think straight again. The events of the last fifteen or so minutes feel unreal almost. When I had turned around and seen Trunks dressing there was both a rush of emotion and a strong stirring in my groin. I'd never felt anything quite like it before and that it was for Trunks was the most startling part of the whole thing. I really don't know what this means. Well, actually, it means that I have a thing for Trunks I guess. However, the thing I don't know is how he'd feel about this.
 
Davinia is attached to my arm and talking to Bulma, her free hand waving around in the air. I don't know what she's talking about, something that's not really all that exciting I'm sure. Nothing she talks about really ever is.
 
A huge plate of cooked meat is placed on the table by my dad, who then takes a plate and piles it high with food. Having grown up with my father and brother I quickly head over to the table, pulling my arm out of Davinia's hold. I follow my dad's example and stack more food on the plate than there's really room for, taking a seat in the nearest open space. I begin to dig in, eating as quickly as I can. Being half Saiyajin the only time I don't feel hungry is pretty much when I'm eating.
 
In ten or so minutes everything on my plate is gone and I look up, once again becoming aware of what's around me. When I look across the table I see Trunks, who's also looking at me, and my stomach give that little flip flop feeling again. This time, though, I know what it means.
 
As I'm trying to figure what to say, if anything, Dillon comes over and drapes his arms over Trunks' shoulders, his cheek resting next to Trunks' ear. As Trunks turns to look at Dillon, it hits me. Trunks is with this guy…which means that what I was feeling earlier was jealousy. This shocks me, but I'm not sure which part, that I'm jealous or that Trunks is actually with a guy.
 
“Dillon, what are you doing?” comes Trunks' voice. Now I notice he's removed Dillon's arms and is giving him a look that almost rivals some of Vegeta's.
 
“What do you mean? What do you think I'm doing?” Dillon responds his voice is defensive.
 
“I think you're getting a little too close, don't you?” Trunks snaps back. This confuses me. I must have been wrong; it wouldn't be the first time. This thought causes me to be sad and yet happy. If they're not together then that means Trunks' isn't seeing anyone, but it also means that he's not into guys. Not that I thought there was any real chance that my feelings would lead to anything but there had been some sort of hope with the thought that he might actually like guys.
 
“No, Trunks, I don't think so. Sometimes I think the only reason you keep me around is sex,” as Dillon says this my gaze, which has become rather unfocused in my deep thought, snaps back to the two of them. I'm not sure if I've just heard what I think I've heard.
 
“Dammit Dillon,” Trunks lets out in something I'd nearly call a growl. But before he can say anything else there's a loud explosion from behind me and all of our attention jumps to that direction. A short ways off I see smoke coming from a crater. We all stand up and looking around at one another as if seeing what anyone else is going to do. Finally my dad, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan and I take off for the crater.
 
The five of us who left first get there just as five aliens climb out of their ships. They look very similar to some of the ones we'd fought a few days ago. They fly up to meet us at the edge of the crater just as Videl, Pan and Bra land behind us.
 
“Earthlings,” one of them said sounding annoyed, “we are here to find our fellow comrades and assist them in the conquering of this planet.”
 
“Is that why those morons were here?” Vegeta asks with a slight rise of his eyebrow. “They weren't very good at their job. We took them out without breaking so much as a sweat.” I don't know if this is a very smart thing for Vegeta to have said as the alien who'd spoken narrows his eyes at us.
 
“Dad,” Trunks groans softly. Vegeta looks at Trunks for a second, but doesn't say anything.
 
“You defeated them?” the aliens voice is low, “That's no problem, they were weak, we are not.”
 
“Where have I heard that before,” Trunks mutters under his breath.
 
The alien at the front of the pack, the one who's done all the speaking, makes a hand gesture in our direction and the four behind him move toward us. Those of us closest to the crater get ready to fight.
 
I lose track of what anyone else is doing as I focus on blocking the attacks coming at me from the alien directly in front of me. The leader guy wasn't kidding when he said they are stronger. His power lever is two or three times higher than the guys we'd fought off last time. Nothing we can't handle, and if I were my dad I'd probably say that it's all the more fun this way. And I just might have to say that I'd agree.
 
 
[Trunks]
 
The aliens are definitely stronger than the ones who first showed up on Earth, but they're also no match for any of us. They're out numbered too, even though Videl is currently keeping Pan and Bra from helping since it's five on five without them.
 
I duck a foot coming for my temple before ramming my fist into the thing's stomach. It doubles over briefly in pain, but barely long enough to take in a quick breath before he's throwing a punch of his own for my nose.
 
I manage to turn my head so he only grazes my cheek instead of breaking my nose, but it still hurts like a bitch. I register vaguely as Gohan powers up to Super Saiyan, but my attention is quickly brought back to the thing I'm fighting as it snaps out a leg with a kick aimed at my jaw.
 
I move back as quickly as I can barely avoiding the foot, this is getting tiresome. It's time for me attack so I can end this. I throw a series of punches and kicks, several of them landing and driving my opponent back. With a final kick to its abdomen, I step back and fire a ki blast at its chest knocking it to the ground.
 
Now I'm able to look around, everyone seems like they've been able to handle their opponents fine. Gohan's powered down, and he seems to be the only one to have powered up in the first place.
 
My father lands next to me, “Well, that wasn't really worth it, now was it.” His arms are crossed and he's looking around with an altogether displeased look on his face.
 
“Hey, Vegeta,” Goku yells from across the crater, “wasn't that fun? They were stronger than the ones Trunks and Goten fought last time!”
 
“No,” my dad responds, “I could have taken all five of them myself, they were unworthy opponents.”
 
As my father and Goku continue to bicker about the fight that had just happened I see Divinia running over to Goten. “Oh, Goten!” she exclaims, “Are you all right? You could have been really hurt, how brave of you!”
 
Goten grins uncomfortably as she fawns all over him. I know I'm glaring in their direction, but I also don't care. Her fake concern makes me feel sick, and I'm working really hard to control the urge to go over there and pull her off him.
 
My attention, however, is forced away from the pair as Dillon's face intrudes into my view. “That was pretty cool,” he comments, a slow grin creeping across this face. “Saving the world is pretty hot.”
 
I know what he's doing, and I really wish he'd just stop. I didn't even want him here to begin with. “Save it, Dillon.” I turn to leave and when he grabs my wrists I'm more that a little surprised.
 
“What the hell is up with you?” he asks attempting to turn me to face him, but he's not nearly strong enough for that to work. “You've been ignoring me pretty much since I got here.”
 
I yank my wrist out of his grip and turn to face him; I've had about enough. After what happened before the explosion and since I'm tired of dealing with him. “Look, Dillon, truth, I didn't even want you here. You invited yourself, I just didn't want to tell you no.” I turn to leave, before stopping, “And one more thing, we're not a couple, so I guess what you said earlier was about right.” I walk away, not looking back. I don't want to see the look on his face. I've just been incredibly mean and I don't want to see the results.