Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Fetch ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fetch - 350 word drabble
 
Nappa and Raditz filed through the door. “You called, my Prince?”
 
Vegeta relaxed further into his bath, with his eyes closed, allowing the water to soak into sore muscles. “How much stronger have you two gotten during the last three purges?”
 
“Not much, Highness. The inhabitants on them were lacking.”
 
“I was hoping to bump our levels up by the time we reached Jurht. The three of us are not strong enough to take it alone. And Kui refused to let me bring a full team of five.”
 
Vegeta heard Nappa shift at the mention of the other warrior. He cleared his throat. “There may be a fourth sir.”
 
Vegeta's eyes snapped open. “Explain.”
 
The bald man cast a sidelong glance at the room's third occupant, whose face had suddenly gone red with ire. “Raditz has a brother, sir.”
 
Vegeta redirected his attention to the long haired man. “Why is now the first I'm hearing of this? We could have always used another Saiyan. Especially, someone of your lineage.”
 
“He's the third class spawn of my third class father, hardly worth the effort. Besides, he was scheduled to be sent out the day the meteor hit. There are no records in the computer systems that that happened. He is probably dead, Highness, blown up with the rest of them.”
 
As Radditz crossed his arms over his chest the general spoke up. “We have no evidence that he was not. Nothing from that day had been uploaded into Lord Freeza's systems yet.”
 
Vegeta contemplated them both. A fourth, even a third class, would create enough fire power to take Jurht. “Do you know where he was being sent to?”
 
Raditz' scowl deepened. He would take that as a yes. He stood up, flash dried himself, and advanced on the soldier. “Raditz, you will go fetch him. Nappa and I will continue on to the next planet. Both you and Nappa will put your scouter's communication system on an unused channel. When you have your little brother, contact us then rendezvous at Jurht. I refuse to die for Freeza's pleasure.”