Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Ritual ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ritual - a drabble
 
The doors burst open as Vegeta stormed into the room pushing guards aside. Zarbon didn't know why he wasn't expecting the spectacle. It had been a six month ritual. Freeza always laughed it off, pleased with the fire from the young boy turned man.
 
Zarbon felt his shoulders sag as he released a bored sigh. “Lord Freeza didn't send for you, Vegeta.”
 
The man stopped short and glared at him. The routine never changed. “I want an assignment. I've been fighting simulations for six weeks. I'm bored with it.”
 
There was a slight movement in the chair next to him. “Give him an assignment, Zarbon.”
 
“Thank you, Lord Freeza.” A bow coupled with a swish of brown tail and Vegeta disappeared.
 
“Zarbon?”
 
“Yes, Lord Freeza?”
 
“What do we have in the pool?”
 
“Nothing much sire: a few basic purges and the Planet Jurht. We are sending the Ginu force there.”
 
“Give them all to the Saiyans.”
 
All of them? Even Jurht? He almost felt sorry for the trio. They might not come back alive. He had to school his own features to hide the grin. “I'll see to it myself.” He looked forward to it.
 
“And, Zarbon…” The sibilant hiss brought him back to attention. “I think it is time Vegeta learned his place. He is nothing more than a monkey. Send someone lower on the food chain. That way he knows exactly where he stands.”
 
Disappointed, Zarbon thought for a second. Who could he trust that was low enough but still get the message across? “I'll send Kui, sir. He's only a couple hundred points higher than Vegeta.”
 
The corners of Freeza's mouth turned up as he took another sip of the rare port, a gift from a satisfied customer.