Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Graveyard ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Graveyard

Raditz stepped over another pile of rubble. “This planet is a waste. What exactly are we looking for again?”

The older man looked over the trashed landscape. “Another you.”

“Aw, Nappa, I didn't know you cared.”

“I don't.”

Raditz shrugged off the comment. “So you really think Saiyans purged this planet?”

“I know they did. They departed Vegeta-sei two weeks before the meteor hit. It would have taken them three months to reach here.”

”Meteor? That's not what I'm hearing in the lower part of the ship.”

“That's what we were told and that's what you'll believe until I tell you otherwise. Understand?” Raditz shrugged and turned his head away. “Good. Now help me look.”

“Why? They obviously left.”

“This was a standard team of five, three of which were female.” Raditz' head snapped up and he smirked at Nappa before setting across the next hill. Nappa rolled his eyes and continued to search the destroyed city for any signs about what happened after the purge. Every so often he would reach up and run his scouter through a general sweep.

After a few hours of searching, Raditz' voice cracked over the com link. “Get over here. I found what you're looking for.”

Nappa landed with a heavy thud and surveyed the scene before him. Three sets of armor and bones lay strewn about. Two had holes blown through them. The third stretched around the ribcage of what once was an oozaru. The crushed and broken pieces of five pods littered the area.

“You know, my infant brother was scheduled to be sent out the day the planet blew. I'm almost glad he didn't make it. No one deserves this. Still think it was a meteor,” Raditz asked without looking at him.

Nappa began gathering the remains into a pile for burning so that the souls of the fallen could be released to the God of Battle. “Yes.”

“Why?”

Nappa looked over his shoulder at the younger man. “Because Vegeta's not ready for it to be anything else.”