Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Password ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Password
 
Nappa sat at the console reading the information about the lanky nineteen year old still getting checked out by the medical staff. They had stumbled across Raditz while purging a planet belonging to a former Saiyan ally. Unfortunately, the planet's denizens managed to get on Freeza's hit list. Freeza probably found sending the two of them to complete the purge amusing.
 
No one expected them to discover another Saiyan. Nappa would never forget the look on Dodoria's face when Vegeta pulled the other teen out of his pod. Freeza's face remained impassive as he granted them permission to keep the kid, provided he passed a medical exam and pulled his weight.
 
Raditz had a short rather unimpressive service record. One of the lower generals assigned him off planet shortly after he finished the basic training required of a first class officer. As he checked the associated files he came across a locked one. Nappa input his own personal code. The screen flashed “Access Denied.” He tried another code. Again the file refused to open.
 
He must have cursed because Vegeta spoke up. “What is it Nappa?”
 
Nappa looked over to where the twelve year old prince sat finishing his meal. “The file on the kid's father won't open.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Someone locked it.” Vegeta abandoned his meal. He watched Nappa work for a few moments before roughly pulling away the keypad.
 
Nappa watched the dizzying speed the screens switched as Vegeta typed. Eventually, the file opened and Vegeta dropped the keypad back into his lap.
 
“Dodoria locked it.” Vegeta returned to his meal. “Really, Nappa, a child could have opened that.”