Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ 5 stages of Love: Gohan / videl ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Theme: Five Stages of Love [Attraction, Romance, Passion, Intimacy and Commitment].

Stage 1: Attraction
 
Haircut
 
The hairdresser tut tutted around her. She hung her head and watched as the long strands fell to the floor. She felt the chill on the back of her neck and idly wondered why she was doing this.
 
At the tournament, long hair could get in her face or somebody could grab it. That was why she booked this appointment. No other reason.
 
She felt the clippers on her nape as the hairdresser straightened out the bottom. The woman then rubbed gel through her hair and started the hair dryer.
 
She was not cutting her hair because Gohan suggested it. He just commented that her hair might be a liability. She still couldn't believe that she actually asked him if he liked girls with short hair. Erasa, with her short hair, was the one who thought he was cute, not her. She thought him a loser.
 
Hairspray. She wanted to look but the hairdresser had purposely turned her away from the mirror.
 
So what if he shared her passion for martial arts? So what if he was sweet, smart, and funny? So what if he spent time with his little brother? So what if he just spent an entire day patiently teaching her how to harness energy she previously knew nothing about? So what if he was teaching her how to actually fly?
 
After a final spritz, the hairdresser spun her around and she surveyed herself in the mirror.
 
She did not cut her hair for Gohan. But, she hoped he'd like it.
 
 
 
 
 
Stage 2: Romance: Protection
 
She knew he felt concern over being exposed, having his powers revealed. So she asked Bulma for a new watch with a com link for the police and the same outfit as his, complete with head gear.
 
He worried for her safety every time that watch of hers beeped. She had gotten stronger but so many things could still go wrong. So he continued to take abnormally long bathroom breaks. When the bullets whizzed, the bombs blew, and the roofs collapsed, he was there. His body her shield and his power her light.
 
She protected his identity.
 
He protected her.
 
 
 
 
 
Stage three: Passion
 
Letting Down Your Guard
 
Gohan fell to his knees as the pain in his groin caused his throat to close and his mind to go numb. As the blood flow returned, he realized his mistake. While he had completely abandoned his guard, Videl had yet to lower hers.
 
He had just put away his last bank robber and turned around to find Videl still fighting three of her own. Apparently, they thought they could easily gang up on the weaker member of the duo. He had started towards them but stopped when he realized that they were still no match for her. Instead, he watched.
 
She mesmerized him. During the fight, her over tunic ripped away leaving her clad in the tight fitting black body suit, helmet, and a pair of hot pink boots. He watched the play of muscles over her frame as she moved with an effortless grace gained from afternoon spars with him. She punched the first bank robber into, almost through, a wall. The second went flying overhead and landed soundly on top of a nearby police car. The third landed with a splash after being drop kicked into a nearby fountain.
 
The cops scrambled to round up the bad guys. All Gohan noticed, however, was his need to kiss her breathless. He remained so intent on his goal that, as he walked up behind her, he failed to notice the foot that shot out and landed soundly in his flesh.
 
Through the haze of pain he saw her spin and drop to her knees. She tore off the helmet.
 
“Oh my God, Gohan! Are you OK? I thought you were another robber.” She began checking him for injuries.
 
Gohan took off his helmet and touched her cheek. She stilled and shot him a confused look. He couldn't help himself. He kissed her.
 
As she melted into him, he realized how much nicer it was when they both let down their guards.
 
 
Stage 4: Intimacy
 
Scars
 
Videl stood in Chi Chi's kitchen slowly stirring the stew while the older woman retrieved the clothes from the line. Goku had taken his sons out sparring and they had yet to return. She felt their cumulative power land before she heard their voices. Turning down the fire, she rushed outside only to stop short at the sight of the three.
 
All three approached dirty, torn, bloodied, and grinning. It was the first time she had seen Gohan thus. He fought alongside her without a scratch. The amount of violence that must have occurred frightened her.
 
Chi Chi's voice cut across the yard. “Goku, take Goten and get cleaned up before you enter the house. Gohan, you have a visitor.”
 
Gohan turned away from his father and noticed her. He smiled and jogged up. “You didn't tell me you were coming. Come on, we'll talk while I get cleaned up.” Videl could only nod mutely at his request and follow. From up close, his injuries only looked worse.
 
Once they reached the basin in the back, Gohan stripped off his torn shirt and dunked his upper body scrubbing off the dirt. Goku and Goten were not around. He looked better without the dirt and dried blood but the gashes in his skin remained. He talked to her as he began applying a salve to the wounds on his knuckles and chin. She really wasn't paying attention though.
 
“Why don't you use senzu beans?” she asked.
 
He shrugged. “We really don't have enough to waste on minor wounds. These will be gone in a day or two anyway.” He finished applying the salve to the cuts he could reach. He then held out the bowl and turned his back to her. “Videl, would you mind?”
 
She noticed the trust in his eyes and knew she couldn't refuse him. She leaned forward to kiss him gently and took the bowl.
 
 
 
Stage 5: Commitment
 
“Videl, are you sure about this?”
 
“Never more sure of anything in my life. You are not going to bolt are you?”
 
“Wouldn't dream of it.” Gohan placed his finger under her chin and kissed her deeply. She reached up and tangled her fingers into his hair. When they pulled apart, her face was flushed. Pulling her bottom lip between her teeth, she grabbed his hand and led him through the door.
 
Her father looked up as they entered his study. “Videl, who is this boy.” His eyes widened as he recognized Gohan.”
 
“You remember Gohan, Daddy. He's my boyfriend.”