Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Infinity ❯ Chapter Nine: My Heart Will Go On ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragonball Infinity

Chapter Nine: My Heart Will Go On

*-*-*

Gokuu's eyes fluttered open, and she smiled up at the sky above, but, inside of her, she knew that there was something wrong – especially since the sky was red, and she didn't remember ordering her lips to smile.

Try as she could, she was unable to get up to look around better. In fact, even her eyes refused to obey her, focusing on random, small wisps of white clouds in the red sky.

Suddenly, she heard someone laugh, but her head didn't turn to look at who had done so, and the voice which had laughed had sounded strangely familiar. The voice asked, "Yuana ko'rom?"

Though she couldn't understand the words, she then recognized the voice. It was that of Vegeta's deep rasping throat. Her voice - not of her own volition - seemed to answer back, "Lu'ko'fo, Vegeta."

He didn't say anything for a while, but then he asked, "Yeput?"

Her body rolled onto its stomach, and she felt her face bury itself into her arms, shoulders shaking. Was that terror that Gokuu could feel somewhere in the pit of her belly? "Bukri goutso'ro'gat esbeha kuv!"

Gokuu wanted her jaw to drop, feeling something entirely different from fear, but, once again, nothing happened, and she remained softly crying there into the desert ground. A warm hand touched her back, and her arms went around the man's torso, clutching him tightly. She was lifted into strong arms, and her eyes opened to gaze up at the calm face of Vegeta. His skin was darker, but Gokuu could tell that it was him - even though she had never seen him look so peaceful before.

His hand stroked her lower stomach, and her attention shifted back to what she had felt there before ... what was felt within her ...

"Ruv ..." he said, and then he whispered it against her lips, "Kakarotto ruv. Aen livas ruv."

Tears rolled down her cheeks, "Livas'or kuv. Lispi'lor frak, Vegeta."

"... Yuana?"

Two energy signals resided deep in her lower abdomen, and his hand clutched there momentarily. Gokuu could see in his eyes flickers of surprise, fear, and desperation. However, what could Vegeta ever fear? Were they talking about the energy signals inside of her? What was the word that Bulma had given that? Pregnancy ... and two children meant twins.

I'm pregnant? Without her consent - yet it was almost as if the body she was in had heard her, and thus did the only thing that could answer her question - her eyes looked down at her belly.

Even through the tears she didn't know why she was shedding, Son Gokuu was able to see that her stomach was a bit larger than she last remembered - more rounded - and she could see her ab muscles atop the strange mound that was her stomach.

"Kakarotto," she looked up at him, and he kissed her lips. Gokuu never thought that kisses could be soft. Especially kisses that came from Vegeta. "... Ko-"

"Buk! Bukki hasne'ko!"

"Yeput? Kora! Kora, Kakarotto! ... Koro ..."

She slapped him, "Vegeta, bukki seko! Ko resa!"

He sighed softly, and murmured, "Kora ..."

"Bukki ko'fo, Vegeta ... Saiya'yat kreg'po Vegeta puvel."

Vegeta's face leaned in closer to hers, and her eyes closed, feeling his breath against her cheek, "Ro kuv, Kakarotto. Bukki ro puvel."

"Bupi gat'po lu'ko-"

"Lu'rel'io, Kakarotto."

She felt her body begin to shake. Was it because of those words that she was unable to understand?

"Vegeta," she said, "lu'ko'fo ..." From the strange tone in her own voice, Gokuu thought that she might have understood what that meant, but he didn't do as she seemed to be telling him, and Vegeta held her tighter.

"Buk, bukri gat'ro-"

"Vegeta! Ko'fo!"

Go ... is that what I'm saying? Why do I want you to leave me, Vegeta? What's going on? Tell me in a way so that I can understand!

The image of Vegeta began to fade away along with her desert surroundings and red skies. Everything was suddenly gone ...

*-*-*

Sitting up in bed, she called out, "No, wait!"

Vegeta jerked awake beside her, and growled in annoyance, "Damn it, Kakarotto. What are you doing?"

"I ..." she looked around in confusion, "I don't know ... I had a weird dream. The sky was red, and you were talking funny words, and I couldn't move - well, I could move, but I wasn't making myself do the moving. I ..."

"Planet Vegeta," he yawned, and then laid back down, grumbling into one of the pillows. "Stupid girl doesn't even know when she's dreaming of her home world ..."

"And I was pregnant - with twins."

He sat up, "What?"

She smiled slightly when she caught his attention, but then it vanished, "But I don't think that you and me were very happy about it ... You kept touching my stomach, and we sounded so sad." Gokuu looked over at him, asking with her eyes about that which she could not seem to voice.

"It was just a dream, Kakarotto ... Nothing more. Don't think too much on it."

Frowning softly when he laid back down, she straddled his thighs, "Don't you want a baby with me?"

Sputtering indignantly, he tried shoving her off, "What are you talking about? I don't remember agreeing to such terms!"

She grabbed his wrists, "But you come into bed with me almost every night now, and turn off the lights ... Bulma-chan told me that what you do to me can make babies." Her eyebrows lifted to implore of him, "I thought that you wanted to make one with me, Vegeta, since we do it so often."

"Well ... Kakarotto, it was just a stupid dream. Don't start getting any ideas because of it! I come into your bed because I want to touch you" - he smirked - "and I know that you like it when I do. So what now? Do you want me to stop?"

"No," she said quickly, feeling more than a bit bewildered – because of his words and her own automatic reaction.

"Good." He sighed, and relaxed back into the bed, rolling his shoulders, "Now get some sleep."

"... Vegeta? What if I can't stop thinking about it?" He groaned, covering his eyes as she went on, "You kissed me real soft, and held me tight ... but I don't get it. We were doing all of those things, and it felt nice, but I was crying, and you were sad."

"Fine, tell me what happened."

"Just that, I think. You came over, then I cried, and you picked me up, and held me for the rest of the time ... Oh, and I slapped you."

He lifted his hands from his black eyes, "What? Why?"

Shrugging, she said, "I don't know. I think it was something you said. Ko ... Kora or something ... Koro ..."

He froze under her, and Gokuu bit her lip softly when Vegeta said, "I would never say those things."

She swallowed nothing, "They were just nonsense words - of course, you wouldn't ever say them."

"I mean it," he whispered, "I'll never say those things to you. Ever."

*-*-*

Vegeta the Tall scowled through the seeing orb and across the dimensions at the pair lying in bed. Somewhere behind him, the other Saiyajin were standing around the small boy - the only exception being Addict seeing as he was unable to stand. Vegeta the Romantic poked at the boy's cheek in slight confusion, the whole assemblage rather quiet and confused.

After a moment, Vegeta the Elder - so called for possessing the oldest age at death for a Saiyajin King - snapped, "You all said he spoke! That means he can't be a descendant. Even if he was Proud's kid, you must've all heard the wind or something. 'Those that wait for life are always silent.'"

"'Unless their circumstances are dire,'" Romantic said softly, starting to become a bit nervous now that it seemed that they were all stupid - hasty to have believed that this scrawny child belonged to their great bloodline. It most certainly wouldn't make his, Addict's, Tall's, and the Terror Twin's afterlives any better.

For Romantic, it wasn't that hard to gain some little small bits of approval from the other kings - besides, all healthy Saiyajin males liked the thought of their own harem. Of course, Romantic had married his harem ... however, Addict's case was almost as bad as Tall's doings. Permanently disabling himself through the use of a potent drug, Addict still was unable to move even in death, and there in the afterlife of the once great Saiyajin Empire, he was avoided like a particularly nasty plague. This small ordeal had the potential of worsening the conditions for all of them.

Muscle and Brain of the Terror Twins seemed to be a rung or two below Addict, but Romantic wasn't entirely sure on the details. From what Romantic had gathered about the two, they were the very first kings to rule over Saiyajin ... ever.

That might have struck a better chord with other civilizations; however, Romantic remembered that they were always spoken of in quiet voices when he was still alive – quiet, disturbed voices.

Whatever had happened when Muscle and Brain had been alive must have been bad.

However, sometime before Planet Vegeta had met its end, Romantic had come to discover that the Saiyajin of that time didn't view the two in such a derogatory fashion. Time had a way of skewering the facts ...

The boy was currently gazing emotionlessly at those around him, and when Romantic's finger pulled back after the poke, the kid glanced back over his shoulder at Tall. And Tall either was unaware of his glare or was ignoring it entirely.

Elder sighed, "Well, this has been a waste of my time."

"What the hell are you going to do?" Addict asked. "You're dead."

"I suggest that you keep out of my business, Father."

"No," he said, "I'm curious. Are you so hooked onto the way that you lived in life that you can't stop using such idiotic idioms?"

Not that Addict would let the fact that he was hated – even by his own son – bring him down. Rather, for them as Saiyajin, it was sometimes humorous and bloody.

"Shut up," Brain said.

"Why don't you all just go to limbo? Your kind isn't needed." Spittle danced from Elder's mouth as he raged, "In fact, all you people seem to do is blight upon our greatness! Go to limbo and relive your deaths! It's the very least you could do for the true Saiyajin."

Brain nodded to Muscle, and the larger twin grabbed Elder's head with one hand, lifting him up into the air. After a tense moment, Brain continued, "As I was saying ... shut the hell up. You're giving me a headache."

The boy suddenly smirked, looking up at Vegeta the Elder, "... Can I take a shot at him?"

Eyes widening in shock, Elder shouted, "Those that wait for life stay silent! They have always stayed silent! Now I know! You're just some young upstart causing a ruckus."

"If that's how you want to see it ..." he said before grabbing Elder's tail, and yanking hard.

*-*-*

Afterwards, when the other kings of the Saiyajin had left, the boy sat down on the ground, leaning back against a rock cropping.

Eventually, the old kings that had stayed behind quieted down - their voices disappearing, but not their proud smiles. It seemed that they finally accepted him as one of their descendents – and so did those that had just run away only moments before. A bit subdued feeling as night crept over the sky, the boy turned up his head, watching a comet drift through the stars. Everything was going just fine.

He had felt his parents a bit earlier - before they had fallen asleep - and he knew them to be steadily on their way to creating him. If everything kept on in this way, he knew that he would be born in no time at all. He just had to be patient a bit longer ...

His eyes snapped open, and he leapt to his feet, using his eyes to scan the horizon. Just then, he had felt a huge spike in energy - like an ocean wave, or the great wave of a tsunami. It rose up, and crashed down, followed by even more terrible waves of power. There was something out there.

Never feeling the like before, the boy started walking slowly toward the source, espying that on the distant horizon where he was heading was a dark amber blot of light against the red sky. And it was not the sun.

"I wonder what got him fired up," the boy heard one of the kings say.

"Who?" Romantic asked, and then he said after a moment, "Oh ... Yeah, him. Who ever knows? I heard that the Legendary stopped talking to people when he died. Hard to tell what's on his mind when you got nothing to go on. Maybe he found something to destroy."

Muscle laughed, "Must be where I got my love for destroying things."

The boy lowered his head first, and then lifted it back up to return to his reclined spot against the tree. He didn't bother to tell them that the Legendary was doing nothing but standing in one spot. Standing in just one place, and charging his energy for all he was worth. Though he knew not what death really meant, the boy could tell that it wasn’t entirely the end of all things.

*-*-*

This song belongs to Jack Black ... XP Not. You should know this belongs to Celine Dion! I hope that later on, this song will make sense to you guys as you learn more about what's going on.

Whee! I'm back! XP I almost melted down there. Oh, and never go to Disneyland unless you want to go shopping, and if you were to go for any other reason, go when it's nighttime so you can see the fireworks.

Space Mountain is awesome and all, but two and a half hours waiting in the sun before riding it was not what I had in mind ... XP I knew I should have brought a book.

Head over to the Six Flags: Magic Mountain instead. Shorter waiting times for much better rides ... And no matter what they say, don't sit down on Riddler's Revenge. Stupid attendant ... Really, it's a roller coaster meant for standing. You're buckled in nice, and safe, and you're supposed to stand. Not sit. Sitting hurts my thighs. XP Morons.

From FanFiction:

Mermaid Ninja: XP Maybe ... okay, so yes, but not for a very long time. Thanks for another review!

Karen: Nice to see that you're still sticking around. ^^ Yeah, but sexual frustration can only go so far, I think. And it's not all about the sex. Though Vegeta thinks it is ... Thanks for the review!

Ja mata!

*-*-*