Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Prism ❯ Four ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Saga 1 - Chapter 4:

"HELLO AND WELCOME! It's Boudokai week here in West City and I'm you're host to this week's happenings! This place is PACKED with well-wishers and huge, strong fighters!"

Indeed it was. The entire city had been all but closed down for the street fair and activities taking place in West City. The roads were packed with people milling about. Supporters, fighters, vendors, and a lot more were just hanging out in the general area, waiting for the tournament to begin.

Off in the far corner of the entire ruckus was the newly arrived Son family. Goku smiled and took a deep breath as he looked around. "Mmm… so much food! Chi chi, let's go!"

"Hold your horses, Goku. Now Goten, is there anything you need?"

"No, mom, I'm fine." Goten smiled at his mother. His hair had grown out since he was little. It was now shoulder-length and very spiky, but it was held back in a neat ponytail. He wore a pair of jeans and a Capsule t-shirt, representing his major sponsor. He laughed as his mother wandered off after his father who had taken off in search of food. Sure, he was hungry, but he wasn't one to just bound off into the crowd like his father. If there was anything he had gotten from his mother, it was manners. A sharp tug on his arm drew him towards the announcer on TV.

"AH! Here's Goten Son, son of former Boudokai champion Goku Son and one of the top contenders this year! Mr. Son, do you have any news about your father's roll in this year's activities?"

"My… Father? Oh. He has decided not to compete this year."

"Well there you have it! Goku Son has dropped out of the Boudokai, along with his long-time nemesis, Mr. Vegeta Briefs!"

"Vegeta dropped out?"

"You didn't know?"

"No, I didn't. Trunks never mentioned that."

"Ah, Trunks Briefs! What news do you have from him?"

"Well, last I heard, he's going to be here this year. If he's not there won't be any competition for me."

"Well there's still 4 more days for registration before the tournament begins, and lots of time for new combatants to appear!"

"Sir… with all due respect. I think it's safe to say I've already won."

"AH! A confident one this boy is! Only 19 years old and already cocky! Great stuff!"

The announcer strode away from him towards a rowdy bunch of fans all wearing matching shirts and shouting something in Algerian. Goten sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets. He looked around for his parents but they were long gone. He decided to go have a look around.

A/N: okay… I got to the DBZ stuff. Maybe now I'll get some reviews. Uhm, just click the little button and tell me what you think, please?