Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Prism ❯ Three ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DBP Saga One, Chapter 3-

"Saichen?" The voice echoed through her head. "Saichen? I know you're in there."

"Mmmmph... no... Daddy, don't make me get up..." She tossed back the covers from her head and slowly rubbed her eye.

The voice echoed in from the kitchen in the next room, "Saichen, you better get your lazy butt up out of that bed and get packing. The plane leaves tonight, you know."

"Yeah, dad, I know." Saichen managed to pull herself up in some resemblance of a half-awake life form. "What're you doing here, dad?" She walked to the door clad in a baby tee and a pair of loose sweatpants rolled down to her hips. Leaning on the doorframe, she rubbed the side of her head and forced back a yawn.

"Making sure my little girl doesn't lose her job over some trivial depression." His voice echoed in from the kitchen as he fired up the stove and retrieved some eggs from the refrigerator. "Why does it smell like fried rice in here?"

Saichen laughed softly before grabbing her robe and heading for the bathroom to start in on her shower. "It's tempura, dad. I do live above a Japanese restaurant." He laughed as the door shut behind her; soon the smell of Japanese was overwhelmed by the scent of his famous Cajun-Fried eggs. The steady rhythm of the shower was interrupted and the sound of a hairdryer swelled from the bathroom as he plated up their breakfast.

Burrok sat and turned on the small television by the table and began to eat as she emerged from the bathroom, fully dressed and almost ready to face the day. "Ah, eggs... perfect, dad. Thanks." She kissed him on the side of the head as she walked past and took a seat across from him. "What's going on in the world?"

"Nothing important. Good news, the yen just increased in value..."

"Great. More money to transfer."

"And how's your Japanese?"

"I'll be fine, dad." She smiled at his concern and took another bite of her eggs.

"Okay, one more thing. When your mom was dying, she had me make her a promise."

"A promise? What kind?" She sat back and wiped her hand on her napkin.

"I'll tell you on the plane." He stood with his plate and walked to the sink to wash it.

"On the plane?" She got up and walked over to his side, "You're going with me?"

"Yes, indeed." He smiled at her over his shoulder and put the plate on the draining board. "You need someone to watch over you, yes?"

"No, dad... I wanted to go by myself… it's my big chance to escape!"

"Saichen... trust me. You do not want to go there alone. You're going to find out things about yourself there that you could never conceive. You've lived a fairly normal life here... but over there, you're going to get a rude awakening." His fierce onyx eyes bored into her soft gray eyes with a ferocity she had never seen in him before. They seemed to flash with his insistence.

"O-okay, dad... but you know you can't live with me, right?"

"Of course... I'm having a new residence built into the headquarters there."

She blinked and stared at him. "But... the headquarters are in West City."

He smiled up at her, "That's right."

She became very confused and confined herself to silence as she enjoyed her meal with her father before rushing to get packed. As she did so, Burrok withdrew his cell phone from his pocket and made a quick call.

"A typhoon? Beautiful. And you're sure it has enough fuel... perfect... yes. I'll see you in West City. Bye."

"I'm packed!" Saichen victoriously dragged her suitcase out into the living room as Burrok began in on the dishes. Soon, the odd pair were packing all the rest of her stuff into big boxes for the movers to get to ship overseas to Japan. By that evening, they were off to the airport.

A/N: I know I promised more dragonball related stuff but I'm getting to it... just review, please!