Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Renewed Rivalry ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2 Renewed Rivalry

181 years. Master Roshi senses something, awoken from meditation he smiles. "What's going on Master?" Turtle asks.

"Tien is back."

198 years. "Isn't it beautiful Goku? Goku?"

"What? Oh yeah." Came the quiet reply from the tall teen as his thoughts and eyes wandered among the trees below them in the gorge as they walked along a narrow cliff path.

"What's wrong, brother?" His little sister, Hope, asked curiously. He looked down at her, her shiny black eyes looking innocently into his own obsidian orbs.

"Nothing." He said shaking his head. Hope wasn't buying it. She stepped in front of him and began to walk backwards facing him.

"You can't fool me bro! I know you! You're worried about mom and dad." She said matter of factally.

Goku laughed whole heartedly. "Of course! I forgot you're pyschic!"

Hope grinned and then turned to walk beside Goku. "Goku, I'm worried about my vision."

Goku shook his head and smiled patting her on the head, while ruffling her black locks. "Don't worry about it sis, once we find the masters everything will be fine." 'If they are still alive.' He thought.

"I heard that Goku! How can you think that? What about dad's stories?" Hope chastised.

"Dad's stories took place two hundred years ago! I doubt the heroes from then are still alive."

"Hmph!" Hope crossed her arms and walked ahead of him.

They came around a bend in the path and Goku looked up. He gasped at what he saw. Across the gorge on the crest of a mountain was a large temple. He was lucky to have seen it, as it's green coloring meshed perfectly with the forest around it. It must have been two storeys high he observed as large vine covered pillars met his eyes. "Hope look!" He shouted.

Hope opened her eyes and casually glanced at the mountain, she stared for a moment before she saw it. "Wow!" She whispered.

"That's it! That's the temple of the masters! Like in your vision!" Goku shouted excitedly. Hope nodded in awe. Suddenly Goku motioned a circle in the air and a disc of air appeared and hovered above the ground. "Come on!" He shouted jumping up onto the disc as if it were solid. He stood on it and reached his hand out to Hope. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. Hope clutched his shirt as they whooshed off the path over the gorge.

In no time flat they floated above the temple. "Would you look at that?" Goku mumbled. Hope stared down at it and nodded in reply. They slowly floated to the ground and stared up at the huge temple before them. It was evener bigger up close. The whole thing seemed to be covered in vines and plant growth with little traces of white marble seen here and there. Hanging over the entrance, above the four pillars was a golden plaque. The plaque held a symbol. Goku did not recognize it, but later he would find it was Master Roshi's symbol.

Hope took a step towards it. "Hey! What are you doing?" Goku shouted reaching out to grab her arm. She snapped it away.

"I'm going in. What does it look like I'm doing?"

Before Goku could argue a loud noise was heard from above. He looked up to see a small aircraft flying straight towards them. Hope stared at the plane in awe. They had grown up in a small mountain village and had only seen planes every once in a while. The aircraft was fast approaching. "Hope! Look out!" Goku shouted grabbing her and throwing them both down on the ground as the plane skimmed over them.

It came to a landing in the grassy clearing to their left. Goku stood up and dusted himself off. Hope jumped up and did the same. The plane's engine stopped and the cockpit opened. A boy jumped out; he had purple hair that stood straight up with black streaks on the sides. He was medium height and looked rather skrawny. He wore a white t shirt with blue shorts.


CHANGE POV

Vegeta looked out to see two peasant children staring at him. He sighed. "Iselina looks like we've got company." He hissed to his co pilot. He stared at them for a moment as his co pilot exited the plane. The peasant boy was tall and sturdy with black hair and wild bangs. He wore a blue button up peasant jacket and matching pants. The girl looked to be about his age;11 or 12, she had a long black braid and her peasant suit was violet colored. What stunned him the most was the clarity of her eyes.

CHANGE POV

The boy seemed to be talking to someone in the plane when a long leg appeared from the cockpit, it was followed by a stunning body and gorgeous mane of long, spiky, blonde hair. Goku found himself staring as she jumped down off the wing to land gracefully on the grass. She wore a tight orange shirt and even tighter tan shorts. She seemed not to notice them as her smaller counterpart jumped down. She pushed a button on the side of the craft and it dissappeared into a small capsule on the ground. As she picked it up the boy walked towards them.

"Wow!" Hope said.

The boy stopped a few feet away and crossed his arms. "What's the matter? Never seen a plane before?" He asked rudely.

"No." Hope shook her head. "I've never seen anybody with purple hair before?"

Vegeta fell over from surprise. "What! You got a problem with my hair?!" He shouted. Without fear or warning Hope walked up to him and began to poke his hair. Vegeta's blood began to boil as she ooed and awed over his hair. "Would you stop touching my hair!" He shouted.

Hope jumped back. "Jeez, you don't have to be so rude about it."

The girl sauntered over to them and stared coldly at the siblings. Goku bit his lip nervously. "Sorry about that." He said walking up to Hope and the boy. "My sister has a tendency to be overly curious." He said looking down at her.

"Well curiousity killed the cat and good riddance!" Vegeta snapped turning his head away from them. Hope frowned and stuck her tongue out. Goku clapped his hand over her mouth and she too turned away. Goku scratched his head nervously.

"Sorry. My name's Goku and this is my little sister Hope. Pleased to meet you." He said sticking out his hand for the girl to shake.

The girl just stared at it and then looked straight into his eyes. "My name's Iselina and this is my cousin Vegeta." She motioned to the boy. "We are here to learn from the masters."

Hope perked up at her comment. "See Goku! They do exist!" She shouted excitedly.

Vegeta chuckled. "You're not here to learn from them too, are you?"

"No!" Hope shouted. "We're here to warn them."

"About what?"

"I had a vision th...." Vegeta's laughter cut her off.

"A vision? What do you think you're pyschic or something?" Vegeta said skeptically.

"As a matter a fact I am!" Hope said proudly.

Vegeta began to laugh harder. "There's no such thing. I'm a scientist I should know."

"You're a scientist?" Goku asked questioningly.

"Yeah. My family owns Capsule Corp." Vegeta boasted.

"Wow that's pretty impressive." Goku said politely.

"Yeah and I know that being pyschic is only an illusion."

"You should know better than most Vegeta, that nothing is impossible. Not everything can be explained by science." Iselina interrupted coldly glaring at her cousin. Hope smiled. This girl may have seemed kind of aloof, but she was no fool. Hope then realized Goku was gone.

"Goku?" She turned to see him climbing the short steps of the temple.

He turned back to them. "Well are you coming or are we going to stand here and argue all day?"

"Coming!" Hope called as she followed him. Iselina and Vegeta tagged slowly behind.

How's that, ladies and gents? Any good so far. Please review!


Converting /tmp/phpeOenHo to /dev/stdout