Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Meeting the Masters ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3 Meeting the Masters

Past the pillars was a dark room. Once inside they were completely engulfed in darkness. "I can't see a blasted thing!" Vegeta whined. Iselina sighed and snapped her fingers. A flame appeared in the palm of her hand. Vegeta grunted his thanks.

Hope stared. "How did you do that?" She asked.

"She's a fire bender." Goku replied simply. Iselina shot him a surprised glance. "I'm a air bender." He explained just as simply. She nodded and her face returned to it's cold expression.

"Hello? Are there any masters in here?" Hope called innocently.

Unbeknownst to the teens, above them Roshi and Koran were watching and listening to all they did.

"The saiyans have returned." Koran commented smiling.

Roshi laughed as he heard them bickering. "Same old same old. Shall we go say hello?"

"Of course, I've waited two hundred years for this." The two made their way down the stairs to meet their new charges.

"Where are they?" Hope said exasperated.

"That's what I would like to know?" Iselina commented looking down at Hope.

"Looking for us?" A light appeared out of the wall and two silhouettes stood against it. Suddenly the room was lit up and once their eyes adjusted they stared at the two men. Goku and Hope stood speechless, the masters looked just like their father had described them. Iselina and Vegeta were equally speechless, but more out of disappointment. They had expected strong looking warriors not a cat and an old guy with sticks.

"They're the great masters?" Vegeta groaned.

"Wow! They look just like dad said they would!" Hope whispered excitedly.

Goku stepped forward and bowed respectfully. "Allow me to introduce myself I... "

"We know who you are." Koran said curtly. "We taught your grandfather generations ago."

Goku nodded in understanding. "You can't be the great masters!" Vegeta snapped. "You're old!"

Master Roshi laughed. "Of course we are, we have been for almost a thousand years!"
"You've come to learn have you not?" Koran asked.

Vegeta was about to retort when Iselina stepped forward. "Yes. We are eager to learn from your vast knowledge of the martial arts." She knelt before them. Master Roshi and Koran looked at each other and then at Goku.

"I suppose you have come to train as well?" Koran said.

Hope knelt before them. "No, we only come to warn you. The Earth is in great danger. I have seen it."

"We know what you see." Hope shot her head up as Koran spoke. "That is why you are here. We must train you."

Hope was confused. The others were equally at a loss. "You must have us mistaken." Goku said trying to make sense of what was being said.

"No! The blood of the universe's greatest warriors runs in your veins! All of you! The Earth is in danger, it is up to you to stop it!"

No one said anything. They had all accepted the wise mens' words; everyopne except Vegeta. "This is not what I came here for! Do you truly expect me to train with these peasants? How is any of this my problem?" He whined. Iselina threw him a deadly glare and then before the masters could reply she was in his face.

"This is everybody's problem Vegeta! If anything happens to Earth we will all die! It's your home too! I for one am proud to be considered a warrior strong enough to defend the planet! You should be too!" She ranted at him. Vegeta's arrogance dissappeared at his elder cousin's scolding and he just scowled. Iselina turned back to the masters, "Forgive me. We would be honored to train under you and save the world."

Master Roshi smiled knowingly. "You're father must be proud of you your highness."

"Your highness?" Hope asked in surprise.

Iselina stared at the floor. "My father is king of the world."

Goku and Hope bowed to her in unison. Iselina just stared. "Well then. Now that you're here. Let's see what you've got?" Master Roshi said leading them outside back on to the grassy crest. As they followed the old master out onto the grass Roshi stopped and stared silently at the path. "Someone's coming." He said simply.

"Two someones." Koran added. The students looked at the path and saw nothing.

"What's he talking about?" Hope whispered. Suddenly a trail of dust came into view. The dust cloud was left by two boys running at incredible speed towards them.

When they came into view Master Roshi laughed. "Brings back memories." He said looking from Goku to the boys running up the path.

In no time flat the two boys stood before them. Virtually identical in appearance they wore tan colored pants and flowing red shirts. Neither of them had hair and they both looked to be about 8 years old. The only difference was one had blue eyes while the other had brown eyes.

"Good day Master Roshi." They said bowing in unison. "We are here to train with you."


Converting /tmp/phptFQCMG to /dev/stdout