Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ So it Starts ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 5 So it starts

"Alright enough chit chat I want to see some skills!" Roshi shouted breaking the moment of revered silence. He looked around mentally measuring them up against one another. "Renatus and Sai! Fight!"

The two warriors glanced at one another and Sai fell back into a fighting stance. Renatus just stared. He took a deep breath and it seemed as if the air around them grew thicker. Then after several seconds he waved his hand and a dark force was exerted from it.

Sai was astonished by the darkness. It moved so swiftly he had no time to react. It spread over him engulfing him an thick veil of it. He struggled against it, but the more he struggled the tighter it became. Renatus just stood their silently manipulating the darkness with his hand. The others were in complete astonishment and Sai's sisters fidgeted uncomfortably.

After a few minutes Sai ceased to struggle realising it was futile. He breathed heavily from the struggle. 'Come on Sai think! I will not be defeated like this!' He berated himself.

Renatus gave a mocking smile. "Are you ready to give up?"

"No." Sai whispered. Sai glanced around searching for his power source. A few yards off behind the temple he saw the river. He pulled once more against the dark veil as he moved towards it. Finally he made it to the river after much struggle between both parties and her fell into the river. In the water Sai was able to break free of the unescapable darkness, he hurriedly stood and flung his arms around in a fluid motion bringing the river around with it. Renatus was shocked as a cold wall of water was thrown against him. He coughed up water and tried desperately to regain his bearings.

The masters watched from a distance, their faces revealing nothing as the others watched in amazment. "A water bender." Hope whispered.

Sai came from nowhere using the wall as a distraction and did a flying kick into Renatus's chest. The Namekian fell to the ground in a heap and shook his head staring up at the man standing above him. He growled in frustration at Sai's trickery and thrust his eyes open wide as a bright white light escaped the voids and blinded Sai. Sai was unprepared for this turnabout and squeezed his eyes shut clapping his hands over them. Renatus jumped up hand raised with every intention of grabbing Sai's throat.

"Stop!" Roshi shouted. Renatus froze and Sai blinked as he regained his vision. They both stood up straight before one another and nodded. It was silent pact of warriors. A way of saying, 'no hard feelings' without words. They turned and walked back to the masters. "Hm? Renatus your demon powers are progressing nicely since the last time I saw you." Roshi commented.

"Demon Powers!" Hope stuttered.

Renatus nodded. "Light and dark. Good and evil. I am the embodiment of both."

"Oh." Hope replied embarrassed at her comment. Goku just nodded in understanding at the Namekian.

"A water bender?" Roshi started staring at Sai.

"Yes master." Sai nodded.

"Impressive although do you have to have water nearby to use this ability?"

"Sadly yes master. I cannot materialize water." Sai looked sullen.

"We'll have to work on that. How is your control?"

"I hope it is satisfactory." Sai nodded.

"Alright, next up...Meylei vs. Long." Koran motioned to the two.

They looked at each other and Meylei sighed heavily. "You can't be serious master? I'm twice his size and age!" She whined.

"Silence! One must never underestimate their opponent." Long grinned at Meylei mischeiviously. She sighed again and dropped to fighting stance.

"Fight!"

Long jumped up in the air faster than a blink of the eye. Meylei watched him carefully and as he flew towards her, she expected a punch or kick and was dissappointed. Unexpectedly her opponent changed into a bear. She gaped wide eyed as the creature slammed into her knocking her to the ground.

Eyes were popping out on all sides. "Impossible!" Vegeta whispered.

"Incredible!" Hope shouted.

Meylei struggled beneath the bear's weight. Finally with as much strength as she could muster she threw him off her. Long transformed back to his human self and smiled at Meylei as she tried to catch her breath. "You little!" She shouted firing a golden ki blast from her palm right at him.

"Whoa!" Long shouted his shirt getting singed by the blast. He growled. Meylei began to fire more blasts at Long. Long changed into a bird and flew around trying to dodge the blasts, his feathers becoming a little burnt in the process. He dropped from above straight at her, changing into a tiger as he got close. He pinned her to the ground. His massive claws held her arms and she struggled trying to fire her ki blasts much to no avail.

Koran and Roshi glanced at each other and nodded. "That's enough." Koran said. Long changed back and jumped back off Meylei. Meylei jumped up, fuming. Long just grinned. Koran nodded his head. "Very nice. How is it Long that you can shape shift?" Koran asked curisously.

Long kicked the ground nervously and said. "I don't know exactly. I've just always been able to."

"Interesting." Roshi commented. "You Meylei!" He shouted to the blonde girl silently fuming over her loss.

"What?" She asked abruptly her face scrunched up in a pout.

"I'm impressed you hold the ki power your ancestors once had and at such an age. How old are you?"

Meylei perked up at the compliment. "I'm 16." She stated proudly winking at her brother and sister.

"I sense you will be much help to us in the battle to come. Now then..." Roshi turned back to those who had yet to show their skills. "Shen and Lily. How about you two?" The girl with the midnight blue hair stepped forward. Her appearance was striking enough, but the students couldn't wait to see what amazing powers she had to augment her already stunning presence.

Shen bowed politely and Lily did the same. "Fight!" Koran shouted beginning the match. Neither opponent moved. They only stared as if willing their opponent to surrender with their eyes alone. The atmosphere was so intense they earth seemed to shake.

"The earth is shaking." Goku said as he felt the vibration beneath his feet. Suddenly Shen stomped on the ground and it shook even more. Lily was unphased by his intimidating power. Shen stomped again and this time a chunk of Earth flew up and he kicked out making the chunk fly at his opponent. Lily didn't seem aware of any of it as she stared at the rock soaring towards her. Most feared she would not be able to stop it, but suddenly the rock stopped dead in midair. Upon closer inspection it could be seen that the rock was surrounded by a purple aura. Lily turned her head and the rock followed her gaze and floated to the edge of the cliff; then the aura around it disappeared and the rock plummeted to the bottom of the canyon like a thunder storm on the roll.

Lily stared back at her opponent. Her eyes began to glow an iridescent purple and she started to chant. "Sun in the sky and seeds in the ground. See this sight and hear this sound. Rise miracles at my call. Trap my opponent, make him fall." She continued chanting the same words faster and faster her gaze locked onto Shen. Shen was mortified at what she was doing. He stared at her lost in fear, as his blood pumped hard in his ears listening to her bewitching voice. When it finally occured to him to move he realized her method.

His legs were interwined by vines that had miraculously grown from nothing beneath him. He struggled unable to believe he could not break free. He finally stomped his foot and cried out making the Earth around him break apart with the vines disintegrating into nothing. Lily's eyes lost their glow and she did nothing.

Koran nodded impressed. Roshi stood unbelieveing at the display he had just witnessed. Shen regained his composure and the two bowed to the masters going back to their siblings.

"Lastly Goku vs. Iselina." Koran interrupted the stunned silence. Goku nodded as he turned to face Iselina. She glared at him like a predator at its prey. She slowly dropped back into her fighting stance awaiting the sign to start. Goku did the same trying hard to focus on the fight more than the enticing female opponent. He smirked as Koran shouted, "Fight!"

The two saiyan descendants flew at each other without hesitation and strikes went like lightning through the air, as they clashed in intense battle. Roshi and Koran watched eagerly. Their fighting skills were not amature by any stretch of the imagination, but they had yet to show any of their special powers.

As if reading their minds Iselina jumped back from the lock of battle and made a movement like a kamehameha wave. She said nothing, but flames flew from her palms in a ball of fire that was aimed at Goku. Goku jumped up in the air to dodge it and waved his arm in a circle creating an air discus. He jumped on it and hovered above Iselina's head. She growled in frustration as she began shooting fire balls from her palms. Goku used the air discus as a shield. He laughed as he wizzed around in the air like a skateboarder in the sky.

Iselina did a series of strange looking steps before clapping her hands together and pushing out. The fire hit Goku straight on and he lost his balance falling from the air and landing gracefully on the ground, patting out the flames on his shirt. Iselina kicked outwards, flames erupting from her feet. Goku saw them just in the nick of time flipping backwards and to the side to dodge it.

Her fists seem to turn to flames as she charged him angrily. He continued to dodge still smiling. She looked to have the upperhand as she punched for his chest. Luckily Goku created a sphere of air in his hands and caught her fist extinguishing the flame. She tried to pull it back much to no avail. He held her fist tightly and she threw another fireball punch which he also caught and extinguished.

He held both her fists tight and she began to struggle. She pulled back so hard he flew over her and flopped back first against the ground with her not far behind. They both sat up and dusted themselves off. Iselina glared at Goku as Goku just grinned at her.

"Well done, well done all of you!" Roshi finally commented smiling as the two fighters retreated to their respective peers. "You have all proven yourselves, but that does not mean you are ready to face the evil that comes in a short two years time! You all still have much too learn."

"You must work together to defeat this evil, regardless of any differences between you. For the next two years you are family! Understand?" Koran added.

There were nods and grunts of acceptance all around. "Good. Now the day grows short, follow me." Koran instructed. All ten of the deciples followed the masters into the temple and up the stairs. "This is your home now."

The students looked out of the landing into a long hallway, straight across from them was an arch like opening leading into a large room that seemed to take up most of the front of the temple. "This is wear we might train every now and again. Either that down stairs of outside." Koran said in passing.

They walked down the hall to a pair of large doors at the end. Inside their was a kitchen and a large table for them all to eat at. After letting them look around Koran led them back down the hall to a smaller door. He opened it and motioned them in. It was bigger than the fairly large kitchen, but smaller than the dojo. There were four closets, two on each end of the room and a few cupboards here and there against the wall. The floor was open accepting the futons set up in rows. "We were'nt sure how many too expect. I'll get some more." Koran stated looking around at the group.

"Down the hall to your left are two seperate bathrooms. To the right are our rooms." Roshi mentioned.

"I suggest you get some sleep. Tomorrow starts your first day of training." Koran said seriously pulling out some more futons from a nearby closet.

"Good night." They both said leaving them in silence, closing the door behind them.

There was silence for a moment, Renatus moved across the room grabbing the farthest futon in the corner and pulling it up under the adjacent window and lying down on it.

Sai and his sisters followed suit, claiming three futons in a row and putting their extra things in the closets which were full of drawers and hangers. Goku, Hope, and Iselina did the same all in silence avoiding one another's eyes.

"I'm not tired though!" Long whined. Shen sat down on a futon and began to meditate quietly as his twin whined and fidgeted.

"This room is barely liveable!" Vegeta mumbled under his breath. Iselina well accustomed to his attitude nudged him in the back with her elbow. He followed her silent order and turned to put his things away.

Soon they all settled down. Long, with some "persuasion" by Lily had finally shut up. They lay on their futons in silence waiting for sleep to claim them. Hope rolled over to stare at her brother. "Goku?" She whispered, even though it was not hard to hear in the room.

"What?" He asked staring at the ceiling.

"I'm nervous..."

"Don't worry about it sis, everything will be fine. I'm sure of it." Goku smiled at her reassuringly and she smiled back falling into a deep peaceful slumber.

So the training begins for our ten young heros. Next chapter; how goes the training? And how goes the whole teamwork objective? Find out in the next episode of Dragonball Reincarnation!
Converting /tmp/phpOWPNMn to /dev/stdout