Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Just Like Family ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6 Just like family

Early the next morning the slumber of the students was interrupted by a loud, GONG! "Rise and shine! Time to train! Up, Up, Up!" Master Roshi shouted through the door banging a small gong as he went.

Many of the students were whining and covering their heads in protest. "Come on Roshi!" Meylei complained sitting straight up in her futon with an irritated look on her face.

Roshi just smiled and continued to hustle them up.

Iselina growled as she climbed out of her futon. Lily got up without protest and crossed the room to the dresser looking to change. Sai and Goku also rose without complaint and began to stretch. Rentaus who looked to have been up for some time was sitting in the window sill waiting for the others to get ready. Goku shook Hope awake and she groaned as she rolled out of bed and proceeded to wake the twins.

"Come on guys time to get up." She whispered.

The two young boys whined and swatted at her hand. She sighed and turned to a sleeping Vegeta who had not seemed to have awoken yet either, even with all the noise. She smacked his leg and shouted, "Wake up!" He sat up straight in his bed and rubbed his leg.

"What's your problem?" He shouted.

"It's time to get up!" She shouted back. All the shouting had somehow roused the twins from their slumber and they rubbed their eyes tiredly. They managed to drag themselves up and after a few minutes all were dressed and assembled in the hall.

"This way." Koran and Roshi said heading down the stairs and out of the temple the students following in a silent procession.

They all stood out on the wet grass in front of the temple. The sun just beginning to rise and the morning air was crisp with dew.

"What's for breakfast?" Long asked finally awake.

"Who said anything about breakfast?" Koran asked.

A few of them moaned in protest. "We eat after we've finished our morning drills." Master Roshi chimed in. "Now let's go!" He shouted. With that he took off at a jog down the mountain pass. "Come on!" Koran incouraged following him. The entire group jogged off in a line. Master Roshi up front and Master Koran in back.

At first it was a simple jog, but then it got harder. Roshi sped up the pace and they were on the bumpiest stretch of the path. Hope and Vegeta stumbled around like new borns. Then the path became narrow; rocks on one side, cliff on the other. "Careful, Hope." Goku warned in a big brotherly fashion. Soon the entire group was forced to turn side ways and shuffle quickly along the path.

"Yo Roshi! This can't be safe!" Meylei shouted.

"Life is never completely safe." Roshi shot back.

Suddenly Hope's foot caught on a rock she tripped and fell towards the gorge. She let out a horrific scream as she could not fly or catch herself.. Goku reached out from his position in front of her, but missed. "HOPE!" He shouted. Luckily Renatus was the one behind her and caught her shirt back just as her feet left the ground. He held her up and leaned her back against the cliff. She slumped down into a ball. "Are you alright?" Goku asked worriedly crouching next to her, Renatus did the same.
"I'm fine." She squeaked. She turned her head to Renatus and smiled. "Thank you." Renatus smiled and the two of them helped her stand up. The trek continued without incident they traveled all the way to the bottom of the mountain. They made it to the bottom and most collapsed on their knees, exhausted.

"Do you think we could slow down, a little Master Roshi?" Lily asked shyly. "I'm worried about the children." She said nodding to Shen, Long, Hope, and Vegeta.

"We are not children!" Vegeta snapped.

"My thoughts exactly." Koran said. "Besides you're all going so slow! We should speed up not slow down!"

"What!?" Meylei shouted.

"He's right Mey, at this rate we'll never be ready to defeat the evil that is coming." Sai said calmly.

Meylei sighed and turned away grumbling obscenities to herself. "Let's go!" Koran shouted leading them back up the mountain. After what seemed like forever, for it took twice as long going up hill, they reached the temple. They all stopped to catch their breath and Roshi shook his head. "Three hours....not good. We'll just have to do better tomorrow." Half the group collapsed.

Goku's stomach growled loudly. He blushed and said, "I guess that means time for breakfast." Sai, Shen, and Long laughed, but Roshi had a different idea.

"I think not." They all looked at their master strangely. "You were two slow. No time for breakfast. Now onto endurance and strength training." Koran said.

"Ahhhh!" A loud moan sounded from the group. The rest of the morning was spent doing difficult tasks. Some pushed boulders while others practiced endurance and balance by standing on one hand. They switched half way through the morning. The training was excessively hard for some, old hat for others.

Goku, Renatus, Sai,Vegeta, and Long were trying there hardest to push a boulder from one side of the temple yard to the other. Normally some of them could break the rock or pick it up with their bare hands, but they had been instructed to not break it or use their powers. They were to roll this massage rock across the yard. It was slow work for they would push with all their strength and it would only go a few feet before they would need to rest. "Phew! Man this is rough!" Goku sighed leaning against the rock.

"Yeah." Renatus added.

"It's not so bad." Sai chimed in. "I do this all the time at home."

"Oh really?" Vegeta asked skeptically.

"Yeah really." Sai retorted glaring at the young boy before him.

"What do you do to train?" Goku asked.

"I have a gravity chamber."

"Oh really well then I guess you can move this rock all by yourself?" Goku ribbed him.

Vegeta's face turned red. "Well no, I'm not that good at it yet."

"Right." Sai said winking at Renatus and Goku and laughing. "Hmph!" Vegeta said as he crossed his arms and turned his back on them.
"How you doing Long?" Sai asked their smallest counterpart.

"Ok. This is hard stuff. Back at the shrine we only carried buckets." Long laughed nervously.

"I know that feeling." Goku agreed. "Fell tress, carry water, but I've never rolled a rock around without reason."

"This is just the beginning." Renatus added. The whole group looked at the young apprentice to Dende questioningly. "Dende sama tells me these masters have their own way of doing things."

"That's for sure." Goku remarked as they went back to pushing the rock.

Meanwhile, Hope, Iselina, Meylei, Lily, and Shen were trying to stand on one hand. Iselina and Lily seemed to have it down and were trying harder forms of the exercise. The others were fumbling and falling all over. "Ugh! I can't do this!" Hope complained. Iselina sighed and jumped off her hand.

"Here." Iselina said grabbing her legs and holding them up. "Try with both hands first. If that still doesn't work trying leaning one foot on a tree or rock and holding your other foot straight up."

"Ok." Hope nodded, her face turning red from the blood rushing into it

"I'm gonna let go." Iselina said. "Ready?"

"Ready." She nodded. Iselina let go and Hope held herself up for almost a minute before tumbling down. "How was that?" She asked.

"Better." Iselina smiled slightly and then turned to see Lily helping Shen and Meylei flailing around. Iselina gave a laugh and went to help her as well.

"Thanks." Meylei said.

"No problem." After a few more tries they all decided to break. They glanced over to see the other boys laughing.

"I wonder what's so funny." Hope pondered sitting next to Iselina.

"It's probably a guy thing." Maylei said.

"Hey!" Shen said offendedly.

Lily laughed. "Not you Shen." Shen smiled at her and then excused himself to go to the bathroom. "He sure is a cute one." Lily said staring lackadazically at Goku.

"Yeah he's quite a guy." Meylei said smirking.

"Who?" Hope asked nievely.

"Your brother." Meylei said blatantly while Lily blushed.

Hope squinted at them. "Goku?"

"Yes. He's so wonderful." Lily said.

"And gorgeous." Meylei added

"Yuck!" Hope said in disgust.

"My thoughts exactly." Iselina said standing up. Her face wore a defined frown. "That's enough ogleing we need to get back to training. Come on Hope!" Iselina said turning around and walking a few feet away.

"What's wrong with her?" Lily asked concernedly. Meylei shrugged and they went back to training.

Later they all sat down to lunch and ate ravenously. Nothing was said they were too busy eating. After lunch Roshi and Koran spent time with each one of them while they practiced with their individual powers.

Since Vegeta had no outwardly special powers he used his brain instead. He sat out on the lawn with a note pad and pencil mentally processing algorythms and the like. The same was said for Hope who spent her time meditating, focusing the ESP waves in the air and in her body. She was adept at Precognition and was trying to develop telekinesis.

The benders looked more like they were dancing then fighting, but their movements were full of energy and technique that could awaken the dormant powers of their elements.

Renatus's powers seemed to have no limit as they changed in and out between darkness and light. He could do it all from shadow bending to light bursts. His was the power of the opposites. Lily was also greatly endowed with extreme powers. She was a sorcercess and there was no limit to what she could do with encantations. Her words were her most valuable weapon in this respect.

Meylei spent her training time blowing up rocks and boulders; destructive power was her favorite. Her ki was strong and her skills were incredible. When the masters watched it was almost like being back at the World Martial Arts Tournament again, good old fashioned battle.

Long spent his time running obstacles as different creatures. He could shape shift into any creature at will. Building up his speed at shifting was the most important thing for him to work on.

After some time spent practicing individual powers they all came together for a martial arts lesson. After dinner they were already to just hit the sack, but the masters had a different idea. They were all told to sit in the large center room and meditate on the day's training and not fall asleep! If they did they would have to all do it longer. Somehow they all made it through the hour of meditation and went off to bed.

As they settled in for the night many thoughts were running through their heads. "Is everyday going to be like that?" Shen asked Hope.

Hope scratched her head thinking about it when Sai chimed in. "Probably harder."

"Ahhh!" Shen and Long moaned in unison. Hope laughed lightheartedly at their reaction. "Alright kids!" Iselina chastised sarcastically. "Time for all good warriors to sleep!" She said pulling the blankets over their heads. They continued to laugh and Goku chuckled at Iselina's action. He noticed this was the first time he'd seen her smile. 'It's beautiful.' He thought as her pearly whites formed a sharp contrast to her golden hair. He found it strange how she seemed to be cold, but was really a beautiful person inside and out. He found himself staring and quickly turned away, only to have Sai elbow him in jest, he had seen the stare as well. Goku blushed and pulled the covers over his head.

The others soon fell under the thick, cool, blanket of slumber and thus the first day of training was ended.
Converting /tmp/phpNaprut to /dev/stdout