Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Motivation ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 7 Motivation

A year quickly passed in much the same fashion. The students' skills greatly improved. Speed, power, and control were greatly increased in all the students. The relationships between them also strengthened. All the boys had begun to feel like brothers, except for Vegeta who they treated like a brother, but was stubborn as ever. Sai, Goku, and Renatus formed a pact as friends and treated Shen, Long, and Vegeta like their little brothers. Renatus it turns out was only fourteen although far advanced for his age.

The girls also got along well. Iselina beared a cold visad during training, but on off time she was the big sister Hope, Shen, and Long had never had. She, Meylei, and Lily were also great friends. She got along with the young ones and the other girls fine though she treated Vegeta like she had always treated her cousin, with a commanding tone of voice. She treated Renatus and Sai with polite indifference or reverence, but she did her best to ignore Goku and if she couldn't she would growl or insult him. Goku couldn't understand what her problem was with him, but he tried so hard to be nice to her and would avoid her so as not to provoke her anger. It was obvious to Sai that Goku liked Iselina and he would often taunt him about it. He too thought Iselina was wonderful, but he being the oldest could see she had a thing for Goku only she would never admit it.

Lily and Meylei had huge crushes on Goku, Lily was always shy around him and Meylei was actually quite feminine in his presence which was strange as normally she was anything, but womanly. Hope and Vegeta were often at each other's throats. For one reason or another they couldn't stand each other. Hope got along well with everyone except him.

So bonds blossomed and skill increased in almost no time it had been exactly a year since they had all arrived at the old temple. They only had one year left before the prophesy was to come to pass and this knowledge weighed heavily on all of their minds that day.

Training continued as usual that day, the masters however, seemed much more solemn. Their jovial remarks and their quick witted criticisms were few and far between this day. After dinner that night when they all retired to the dojo for regular meditation the masters motioned them all in a group facing the window with the masters in front of them. Koran and Roshi sat silently on their pillows as their students gathered comfortably around them.

"My students..." Roshi smiled an almost paternal smile as he adressed the group. "It hardly seems like its been a year, yet time is not our friend. There is still so much to teach you."

The students looked around at each other, all worried and confused looks passed from face to face.

"If you thought the first year was hard then brace yourself because the second year will be ten times as difficult." Koran commented. Hope, Shen, and Long fidgeted visibly at the news.

"We believe you can do it, but you have to believe in yourselves first." Koran continued.

"Two hundred years ago, your ancestors were the best of the best. The Earth's only defense against outside invaders. They were known as the Z fighters. They were not praised for few knew of their great deeds, but they were the most determined and toughest fighters in the universe." Roshi looked over them. They all listened intently, eyes wide with wonder that they were related to these warriors of old. Renatus sat on one end of the semi circle next to Goku. On the other side of Goku was Hope and Iselina. Next to her was Meylei, Lily, Sai, and Vegeta. Shen and Long sat in front of Sai and Lily curled at their feet listening enthrawled.

Master Roshi pointed to Sai and his sisters. "You're 8th great grandfather was an honorable fighter. He, like you, was a triclops with rough beginnings, but a good heart and even greather skill. He was the perfector of the famous solar flare technique." Sai's eyes lit up proudly as did Lily and Meyleis'. "Your grandmother was no pushover either." He added.

"Your grandfather was one of my first pupils." Roshi continued looking at Shen and Long. "He was small, but cunning and a great friend. Your grandmother was just as fierce if not better in battle." Shen and Long beamed proudly. They were orphans and had never known much about their family so this information was happily accepted.

"Renatus, you bare the souls of two great warriors. One kind, on ruthless, both wise and skilled warriors." Renatus nodded knowing full well of his origins.

Roshi paused and looked at the four saiyan descendants. "Finally, last, but not least you four are descendants of the universe's most powerful warriors." The four of them looked at each other curiously. "Your ancestors were not of this planet, but part of a warrior race known as the saiyans."

Once again they all stared at each other in amazement. A million thoughts raced through their minds; they had never imagined having alien heritage. The others looked closely at them as well.

"Unfortunately their race was destroyed by an evil tyrant along with their home planet. Your 8th great grandfathers were the only two of their kind left." He pointed at Iselina and Vegeta bringing his hands together motioning to them both. "You two have the royal saiyan blood line in your veins. Your great grandfather was the Prince, he was called Vegeta." Vegeta's head snapped up at the sound of his name. He knew Vegeta was a family name past down for generations, but he never knew of it's origin. Iselina stared at the floor in awe of the information just exposed. She had always been royal, but alien was a whole new prospect for her. "He was arrogant and full of pride, but an awesome fighter with awesome power. He was second only to..." Roshi pointed at Goku and Hope. "Your grandfather. He was also a pupil of mine. He had a good heart and had saved the universe several times. His powers were legendary. His name was Goku." It was Goku's turn to be shocked. He sat straight up and stared at Hope who stared back in disbelief.

"They had many special powers and fought many battles, but those are stories for another night. It is time for bed." Koran had the last word and he and Roshi rose to leave the room. All the students got up full of realization and wonder. In almost a euphoric daze they trudged to their room. They were all silent as they lay on their futons, but sleep would not claim their minds. Imaginations raced through the dark room trying to imagine their ancestors fighting monsters, traveling through space, and assorted adventures.

Shen and Long finally dozed off into a wonderful dream world watching their ancestors stand victorious in the battles of their unconcious. Lily rolled over and looked at Goku who's arms were propped up under his head. "Goku..." She whispered not knowing how many of the others were awake.

"Yeah." He answered distractedly.

"What's it feel like to be an alien?" She asked innocently.

Goku turned his gaze on her. "I'm not really sure... I mean I only have a little of this saiyan blood left in my veins, but I still feel special because of it. Even though I've always had it I've never really felt it." He turned over on his side away from her to avoid more awkward questioning.

The next day marked the beginning of their second training regiment and with the new information on their ancestors they were more than ready for it. They awoke early, before the masters awoke, to train on their own. When the masters awoke they were pleased to see their motivation had worked. Koran explained to them that the next stage was all about team work, using their powers in high intensity enviroments, more intense power, strength, and skill building.

They trained diligently and every night the masters would treat them with tales of their ancestor's adventures. They regaled them with tales of the super saiyan power, the fights with Frieza and Cell, the dragon balls, and everything in between. Everyday the group learned more about their heritage and more about each other. The more they learned the closer they became and the easier working together was. All previous skuffs had been reconciled accept for the rivalry between the saiyan descendants. *Old habits die hard, really hard!*

The two years were passing quickly and the group's trepidation rose steadily, along with their power.

Reviews much appreciated! Good or bad! I need some constructive criticism here!

Converting /tmp/php99vHEJ to /dev/stdout