Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Time's up! ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 10 Time's up

1 week

The night was calm and quiet the students were sleeping in their room, each having their own fitful dreams of their faceless enemy, when down below Vegeta's tracking machine began to beep. Hope sensed it first and she sat up and looked around frantically. Everyone was still deep in slumberland. She crawled across the futons accidentally kicking Long in the face as she went.

"Ow! What's the big idea!" Long moaned sitting up. Hope ignored the moan as she had reached Vegeta and began to shake him.

"Vegeta! Vegeta! Wake up!" She shouted. He shook his head of the heavy blanket of sleep and stared dazedly at her.

"What? What do you want?" He said gruffly.

"Your tracker is beeping!" She said nervously. Long raised his eyebrows when he heard this.

"Really?" Long asked curiously.

Vegeta jumped up without a word and raced out the door with Hope and Long not far behind. All the commotion of them running out the door woke Goku, who was unfortunate enough to be next to the door.

"What the?" He muttered rubbing his face. He heard the sound of foot steps racing down the stairs and he shook Sai awake. "Hey!" He whispered. Sai and Renatus both stirred to life at the sound. Goku motioned to the door and they quietly followed the others.

Vegeta ran to the console and began pushing buttons while staring at the monitor. "What is it Geta?" She asked with more caring and fear in her voice then she would have liked to portray. Long stood on tip toe to see the monitor.

"What's going on?" Goku asked as he stepped into the room with the guys not far behind.

"My tracker has been activated." Vegeta said in a steady and even voice.

"What's it tracking?" Sai asked. "Anything abnormal?" Renatus added both leaning in to the screen.

"That's just it. It's what it's not tracking that's abnormal." Vegeta replied.

"What?" Long asked innocently. Just then Iselina and Lily entered the room disturbed by all the racket.

"Many of the Milky Way's thought to be populated planets have disappeared from radar."

"How is that possible?" Lily asked.

"I don't know. It could be anything. The radar, electric waves cancelling out the signal, even total destruction of the planet!" Veget said frantically checking all his stats.

"It can't be!" Lily said clutching her brother.

"Are you sure?" Renatus asked.

"I don't know!" Vegeta shouted in frustration.

Silence fell over the group as they all stood nervously around waiting for something. A midst the group Hope took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She knew that if Vegeta couldn't see what was going on maybe she could. She focused her mental energy on the missing planets and caught the telepathic wave that hit her. She sucked in her breath at all the pain she felt. 'Help! Mommy it's so dark! Ahhhh!' Screams of fear and pain mingled with growls and roars of anger and violence flew through her. It was too much, she shook all over.

"Hope!" Goku shouted grabbing her as her knees collapsed from under her. He set her down and she shook her head to end the vision. Everyone stared at her expectantly. She hugged herself and stared at the floor.

"Did you have a vision?" Iselina asked kneeling down next to her.

"It was horrible! The planets are there, but it's so dark! Everything is dark! Violence reins, one without a face!" She began to shake again and Goku and Iselina both reached to hold her. They all looked at each other, an uneasieness spreading over the group. They heard more foot steps on the stairs and turned to see the masters, Meylei, and Shen entering the room.
"What's going on?" Meylei asked.

"It has arrived." Goku said simply. His words echoed in the hearts of all in the room. Suddenly they could feel a dark presence. They knew their enemy was close. Their enemy still had no face, but they knew that whatever it was carried a veil of darkness with it.

Vegeta went back to his machine trying to learn more about the enemy, the imposing darkness and the ache at seeing his friend in pain was all too real. Shen and Long looked at one another nervously and Lily and Meylei went to them trying to comfort them with smiles, but they were feeling just as nervous as the little warriors. Sai looked over at them protectively. The weight of being the oldest was never more oppressive. Renatus sighed and stared off into space contemplating the situation. Hope continued to shake, Iselina and Goku holding her tightly. The masters looked at their students and then at each other. They had trained them to the best of their abilities, honed their ever skill to perfection now they wondered, 'Would that be enough?'

1 day

The morning dawned foggy and dimly lit by the orange rising sun. The students woke early, sleep being the last thing on their minds for the day. In the last week they had found out few facts about the enemy. The presence it created was oppressive and heavy, and it carried an army of darkness that no one had as of yet stopped. The nervous was gone replaced with anxious tension and a want to finish this crusade.

They reached the kitchen to find breakfast already laid out for them, Koran and Roshi sat silently at either end of the long table. They motioned the children to sit and eat. An erie silence fell over the room as they ate. When they finished no one moved. It was obvious to all the masters had something to say, if they hadn't they wouldn't have gotten up so early to make breakfast.

"Tomorrow the enemy arrives." Roshi said simply, the matter of fact tone dominating the room.

"We have taught you all we know." Koran continued. A few of them sucked in their breath afraid everything they knew was not enough.

"Today will not be a day to train, but a day to relax." Roshi went on. "A day to do things you haven't done in a while."

The group stared at him as if he had two heads. "We can't just lay around!" Vegeta shouted. "The enemy is practically at are door we need to get stronger!"

"There is no time and it would be fruitless and foolish to try!" Roshi snapped causing Vegeta to look away in shame.

"We have something for you." Koran said getting up and slowly leading them out of the room. They entered the meditation room and their was a line of folded up uniforms placed in a row along the floor. They were all the same style, but varied in a color. They all had Master Roshi's symbol, the funky Z, printed on the back.

"Now you have joined the ranks of the Z fighters. Your ancestors would be proud of your accomplishment." The group looked over their uniforms letting the words sink in. They had reached the honor of their ancestors, now all that was left was to prove it.

*********

Shen and Long ran through the yard playing tag with Hope not far behind. They laughed and giggled acting like they hadn't a care in the world. Sai, Goku, Vegeta, and Iselina sat silently by watching them intently. Renatus leaned on a tree not far off and Meylei and Lily were having an uneasy conversation farther away.

Actually Goku was staring at Iselina. Master Roshi's words echoed in his mind, 'Do things you haven't done.' He longed to confess his feelings to Iselina, but from where he was sitting it looked as if her heart was somewhere else. She had never given him any reason to believe she liked him, belittling and insulting him whenever she could and now she was hanging on Sai. Goku saw red when he looked at Sai, a latent part of his saiyan instinct roared to life at the sight of the girl he loved with another. However, the human in him prevailed, so to avoid meaningless confrontation he got up and left the group.

Iselina watched him stalk away and her heart sank. She yearned to go after him and her longing was evident on her face. Renatus saw it and smirked nodding to Sai. Sai smiled down at her and said, "The heart has ways that the mind does not understand."

Iselina blushed and crossed her arms stubbornly turning away. "I have no idea what you mean!" She ground out.

Renatus laughed and pushed off his tree. "That's such a lie." Iselina glared at him for mentioning her most tender secret. "He likes you, trust me!" Renatus pleaded with her. It was obvious to everyone that they loved each other, but for some god forsaken reason they couldn't stuff their pride.

Sai also stood up and laughed. "Well I don't know how to convince you, but go talk to him and see for yourself. You are both such chickens." He winked at Renatus and turned to Vegeta, "Come on Vegeta, let's go play with them, it looks like fun."

"I don't play." He stated, but not very convincingly.

"You're in denile too. Come on!" He said dragging Vegeta up and shoving him towards the light hearted game, Renatus followed them leaving Iselina alone to ponder. As she sat there she knew it was now or never, so summoning every ounce of courage in her limited saiyan blood she followed Goku off into the woods.

She found him swinging around from tree to tree. The spitting image of monkey. She smiled to herself before he noticed her, locking his legs on a tree branch to watch her. She stared up at him her smile gone, replaced with a nervous frown. She bit her lip as she examined his expression, his normally light eyes were dark and his scowl was prominent. "What do you want?" He asked harshly.

"I came out here looking for you, I wanted to tell you something." She said sounding sincere and shy. She looked away, not being able to stand the eye contact any longer, her eyes glued to the ground.

"What's that?" He asked indifferently.

"I...I...want to know why you ran off, first." She said defiantly returning her gaze to his eyes.

He leaned forward glaring at her. "Why do you care? You were too busy snuggling with Sai!" He growled out.

'He's jealous!' Her heart soared when she realized this, her plan had worked a little too well. "No I wasn't!" She shouted relief evident in her voice.

"Looked like it to me." Goku crossed his arms and looked away irritatedly.

"Look." She scratched her head nervously. "I wanted you to be jealous...so...." Goku's ears perked up at her explanation and he jumped down from the branch to land in front of her.

"What?" He asked stalking towards her, his heart racing. She backed up a few steps fear forming at the desperation in his eyes.

"So...so"

"Say it!" He shouted grabbing her and dragging her too him.

"I..." He shook her lightly and stared down into her eyes bearing his soul for her to see. "I love you!" She choked out.

His eyes immediately softened and his grip loosened on her. Her face drooped under the weigh of her confession, but she maintained eye contact. Her body felt like so much putty and she was suddenly tired. He pulled her flush against his body and her arms went up to his shoulders to hold herself up in case she was dreaming. Then his mouth descended slowly upon hers claiming her with a gentle kiss. He went slow until she responded to the kiss and then he put forth all his passion relaying it to her soul. She returned the kiss with as much fervor locking her arms around his neck as their mouths coupled in the timeless dance of love and passion.

When finally they came up for breath Goku leaned his forehead on hers and whispered breathlessly, "I love you too." Iselina smiled and held him close. She leaned into his chest, just listening to his breathing and the steady beat of his heart.

"What now?" She whispered after a few moments of catching their breath as she traced circles on his chest.

Goku smoothed her spiky blonde hair under his hands. "We defeat the darkness on its way here then we'll be together."

"You make it sound so simple." She whispered.

He lifted her chin up and stared into her eyes. "Trust me." She nodded and he rocked her back and forth in his arms, "What do you say we go back and have fun with the others?" He said grinning at her.

"I'd much rather have fun with you." She said seductively. Goku laughed huskily.

"Not today." He whispered into her mouth, kissing her again. "We don't have time for that." He squeezed her butt and she jumped. He held on to her tightly as he began to rise off the ground with her in his arms. Iselina suddenly realized they were levitating off the ground and she clutched Goku tighter.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking you for a ride." He smiled. Suddenly the disk of air beneath them became visible as they sped off, back towards the temple.

Once they arrived back at the temple they found everyone having a picnic by the river. "Hey look it's Goku and Iselina!" Long shouted. Renatus and Sai smirked when they turned to see their two friends walking towards them, Goku's arm tightly secured around her waist. "Hello." Lily said greeting them. "We wondered where you two ran off too?" Meylei added.

"Oh we were around." Iselina said.

"If I may say so you two make a nice couple." Shen commented surprising everyone. They all stared at him then at the two lovers in question and they all laughed.

"Good job Shen." Renatus said smiling at the short boy.

"Twas nothing merely stating a fact." He replied turning back to his food.

"Kids say the darndest things." Sai said sarcastically eyeing the two love birds.

Goku blushed when Iselina laid her hand on his chest. "Not really." She replied smiling up at her man. Hope's eyes widened and she covered her mouth to hide her smile. She could read every thought running through the minds of her brother and Iselina and they were very embarassing thoughts for an outsider to be reading.

For the rest of the day the Z fighters spent their time talking and playing, just being kids. Night came all too soon and they retired to their room knowing full well what tomorrow would bring. Yet it did not effect them. They knew what they had to do, but they were erily calm. Renatus, Lily, and Shen meditated in the corner, while Long playfully arm wrestled with Sai, a fruitless venture as Sai was larger and older than him. Meylei leaned against the wall playing with a small ball of ki in her hand. Hope and Vegeta were slowly nodding off while talking across their futons to one another. Goku and Iselina snuggled together on the window sill staring at the stars.

Now the time had come and they were all as ready as they could be; young and strong.