Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ The Face of Evil ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 11 The Face of Evil

The morning was foggy and gray, the air thick and heavy with an over powering marshy scent. It was cool and when the Z fighters woke up they shivered, not from the cold, but from the oppressive feeling of evil hanging in the air. They all sat up silently and listened closely to their surroundings. Their window was wide open, yet no morning sounds entered. It was too quiet. There were no natural or animal sounds coming from the woods. "I don't like this." Renatus mused as they all rose and grabbed their uniforms.

"Me neither!" Sai agreed. Moving to the window to listen.

"This is it, it's here." Lily said seriously. After ten minutes of running back and forth they were all dressed and the silence still remained. They cautisously made their way down the hall towards the kitchen. Roshi and Koran were already there, their eyes closed in concentration. It was obvious they felt a presence as well. None of them could eat and the silence was unnerving. Finally Sai took charge.

"That's it!" Sai jumped up. "Follow me." The Z fighters followed Sai downstairs. "Hope can you pinpoint the main concentration, I can't stand sitting around waiting for something to happen!"

"Patience, bro." Lily said touching his arm.

"I will not patiently sit around waiting to be hunted!" He snapped.

"Enough!" Goku shouted. "We're all on edge right now. Everybody calm down!"

Once all was quiet Hope focused on the spiritual plane and sought out the enemy. She could feel the approach of evil on all sides, but she continued looking for the biggest concentration of evil knowing that is where they would find their enemy. The others watched with bated breath as Hope traversed the psychic plane in a meditative state.

Suddenly the tension in Hope's mind snapped as a dark feeling lodged itself in her forehead. She found it and it was painfully strong! "Aww." She growled out grabbing her head in pain.

"What is it Hope?" Goku asked grabbing her arm.

"The presence is so thick, it's painful. I can't see it, but I feel it." She looked up at her brother, with fear in her eyes she spoke. "I know where he is." The group stared at one another for a moment before Iselina, grabbed Hope's hand and said, "Let's go."

They were all headed out the door when the masters stopped them. "Wait!" They all stopped in their tracks and turned to looke at their mentors. "Good luck." Was all they said, there was so much to be said, but that was all that came out.

Goku smiled and looked at the others who smirked back. "It's got nothing to do with luck." They all said walking out of the temple that had been their home for two years to face their prophesised enemy.

They all followed Hope through the sky. Fog was everywhere, no matter how fast they flew or where they went it was there. After a while Hope stopped. "Here. It's here." She stated simply. The Z fighters looked around. They were all nervous, but ready for whatever came their way. They scanned the fog for what seemed like forever, yet there was nothing but fog as far as they could see.

Above them hovered Teria. She watched them scan their surroundings and she surpressed a laugh. She was one with the fog, the darkness, they would not find her. These had to be Earth's legendary fighters for no one else on the planet possessed such power as these young ones gave off. Terror giggled on her shoulder. Teria smiled. 'This will be fun.' She thought as she floated down to their level still hidden by the fog.

"I sense it. It's right on top of us!" Hope said frantically. Vegeta went back to back with her and said, "Yeah, but where?"

"Right here." A sultry voice floated through the fog causing the group to jump. They spun in the direction of the voice and slowly the fog faded to reveal a woman in tight black revealing clothes with indigo hair and a red jewel on her forehead. A black thorny rose bloomed on her shoulder and the thorn vine trailed all the way down her body wrapping around her right ankle, as her cape floated back in the fog's non existant breeze. On her other shoulder sat a yellowish goblin. "Looking for me?" She mused smiling at them.

A few sets of eyes opened wide at the sight of the foretold evil. It wasn't what was expected yet at the same time it was the perfect description from the prophesy. Teria laughed. "You all look like bug eyed fish. If all you can do is gawk then I have to say I'm disappointed. I expected more from Earth's mighty warriors." She mocked.

Vegeta's blood began to boil at her comment and Hope placed her hand on his shoulder to stay his inevitable attack as Teria circled them like a vulture waiting for death.

"What do you want?" Renatus asked calmly.
Teria laughed again. She turned to her goblin and said, "That's cute Terror they want to know what I want?" Terror laughed snidely and Teria laughed as well. "Nothing really. I am Teria Queen of the Darkness, but only one realm is boring so I decided to add the entire universe to my collection."

"Boredom?" Iselina growled out in disbelief.

"More like ambition." Teria corrected.

Sai grunted and pointed at her. "I'm sorry to bust your bubble, but the collection stops here. It's just not going to fly!"

Teria and Terror laughed again. "What are you going to do about it?"

They all dropped into fighting stance. "What do you think?" Meylei commented.