Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ dragonball z high ❯ chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE 
Nobody went to go and help the gym teacher, they all had watched as she stormed out through the door, shouting at them all to go outside and run around the track whilst she went to get some first aid treatment. She hadn't even had the time to shout at Goku yet; the pain she had felt when the searing hot chocolate had landed on her was beyond lots of things she had felt in the army. Some of the burns on her face had felt as if they were already turning into blisters. Hobbling down the hall and shouting at everyone on her way, she tried to find the directions to the first aid room.  
“Excuse me?” a voice said to Bulma as she went and sat down on an unused trampoline, Bulma turned around and to her amazement found the voice belonged to the quietest girl in the school. She hadn't even heard her speak before; all Bulma knew was that she was in her year; she believed the girl's name was Rubin. She hadn't even realised that she was in the same gym class as she was.
“Um…hi Rubin isn't it?” Bulma said as she crossed her legs on the trampoline and looked down at her.  
“No… Robin, I mean sorry my name… its Robin not Rubin… sorry.” the girl said looking at the ground,
She was wearing the gym kit but she was even skinnier than Bulma, she had short orange hair and freckles dotting over her face. Her features made her look very young and almost child-like even though she had to be around sixteen to be in Bulma's year.  
The class started getting louder and the noise level was increasing by the second, as the excitement of having no teacher began to sink in to the teens.
Some of the guys began to rip their tops off dancing in a strange ceremonious kind of fashion, Radditz was engaged in a conversation with Goku who was still clutching one hot chocolate; he appeared to be congratulating Goku on getting rid of Chuckson.  
Vegeta was sitting in the corner on his own talking through a video link using some strange gadget that Bulma had never seen before, while the rest of the class excluding Tien and Chautzou were going bananas. Mylandra was talking to her friend who had plaited her hair earlier, and the other girls were all sitting in a circle on the floor, having what looked like the bitching session of the year. Usually Bulma would join in but she just wasn't in the mood to talk about someone (usually Mylandra).
Chichi had just gone off to the bathroom a little earlier leaving her best friend alone in the room; hence why she was sitting on the trampoline and getting spoken to by the strange little quiet girl apparently called Robin. As if Bulma cared.  
“Robin, right Robin of course! How can I help you?” Bulma said as she stood up on the trampoline and began to bounce, it was one of the extra long net trampolines.  
Trampolining was one of Bulma's favourite past times she had made her mother and father buy her a huge one for a treat for getting good grades. This was kept in the overly large garden at the back of her house, whenever she had the time she would go for a bounce, it made her feel as close as she ever felt she could to flying. Another of her favourite activities was swimming; she had a posh pool in her garden as well.  
Robin shifted from one foot from another; the poor girl looked so scared, almost ready to pass out.  
`Oh my Kami, what if she wants me to make her look pretty or something?' Bulma thought inside her head. She went down into a seat drop as she tried to put this picture out of her mind.  
“I was wondering, I just want to ask you as you are a cheerleader and stuff, and really popular…” the girl was really struggling to spit it out.  
`What if she wants me to hang out with her, or worse still what if she is gay?' Bulma began to bounce higher and higher trying to get the terrible images out of her head. The ginger girl was really giving her the creeps.  
“Spit it out!” Bulma said beginning to lose her coolness as she did a summersault and finally landed facing Robin again.  
“DoyouthinkVegetalikesme?” 
“Whaaaa- um Vegeta as in, that Vegeta, new guy Vegeta?” Bulma said as she jumped off the trampoline landing perfectly next to Robin. She surprised herself; Robin had said it so fast. 
“Yes.” she replied in a squeak, she was clearly regretting asking Bulma this question. She had turned a deep crimson colour and was blushing.  
Bulma suddenly began to smirk, it was something she didn't usually do; often she'd either laugh or giggle or smile nicely. Smirking was what she usually did when she was being mean.  
“You know, I don't know. Let's go ask him.” She said the smirk getting bigger and bigger.
She was good at reading people, and even she didn't need mystic Baba's magic ball to see that Vegeta probably wouldn't be interested in the quiet ginger loner.   
“No, no- no-no no noo no!” Robin said suddenly bursting into life, she began to raise her quiet mousey voice and this entertained Bulma even more.  
“Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yessss.” Bulma said clapping her hands together with glee, she was being mean and she loved it!
Bulma quickly ran over to the other side of the gym as fast as her legs would take her, she was doing half of what Chuckson said it just wasn't outside on the track! Robin was frantically chasing after her, nobody else in the gym seemed to notice, they were all still busy doing there thing. Chichi still hadn't returned from the toilet yet.  
Vegeta looked up from the device he had in his hand, quickly he shut it off and looked up at Bulma. Her long blue hair looked more windswept and out of place but in a sexy way after she'd being jumping around on the trampoline. Not that he'd let anyone else know that, he didn't even know the girl properly yet, he found it fun flirting with her, and had felt the attraction between them in the hall. But not even he would just go and tell someone his feelings for them like that.  
“Hi,” Bulma said breathlessly, as she moved brushing a dangle of hair from her face, she didn't feel as in secure about wearing the dreaded gym kit in front of Mr. Designer Wear, when she had Robin behind her. Bulma's ego was telling her that she looked lots better than the ginger girl any day.  
`Maybe Chi's right, perhaps I do have a high opinion of myself sometimes.' Bulma thought to herself.  
Robin was now cowering behind Bulma in a strange way that just drew more attention to her; she looked like a rabbit that had just been lured into a trap.  
“Hi.” Vegeta said back plainly as he put the small device into his pocket.  
“So you found the gym room okay?” Bulma said smiling sweetly at the muscular spiky haired boy sitting in front of her.  
“Obviously I'm here aren't I? What's wrong with your friend?” he replied softly. He didn't have his tough fierce voice on, it sounded quite soft; suddenly he didn't look as tough as he did before.
“Friend!” Bulma nearly choked on oxygen. “Um she's okay just that…” she looked back to Robin and her evil smirk returned. “She wonders if you'll go out on a date with her sometime?”  
Vegeta looked from Bulma to the girl that looked like she was about to pass out at any given moment, he raised his eyebrows. 
`Is this a kind of piss take?' Vegeta thought to himself.
“Tell your friend NO!” with that he got up and walked out of the fire exit of the gym, sunlight streamed through the door that he had just opened.  
“There's your answer.” Bulma said to the poor girl who looked really ill at this point.  
She walked over to see Goku; Radditz had gone to join one of his friends on the trampoline that Bulma had previously been jumping on. Radditz was one of the guys not wearing a top; he had very large muscles however and looked like he worked out a lot.
Goku was still holding the hot chocolate in his right hand.  
“Hey Bulma!” Goku greeted her happily; he always seemed to be really happy and constantly had an innocent smile plastered across his face.  
“What in Kami's name happened earlier with the boxer's incident? I must say very sexy smilies!” Bulma said to him smiling reminding him who ii was that saved him from his ordeal.  
“Oh that? It was a joke we were playing. Never mind thanks though I like my boxers too! You haven't seen Chichi about have you?” the spiky haired boy asked looking down at his trainers.  
“Yeah she's just gone to the bathroom, should be back soon, WHY?” Bulma asked curiously.  
Goku suddenly began to blush,
“I kinda bought her a drink”  
“Goku that's so sweet! I'm sure she'll love it” Bulma reassured him. She was still trying to get to terms with Chichi being into guys. 
Suddenly Radditz came thundering over; he had jumped off the trampoline and was clutching his cell phone in his hands.
“Bulma - you were just talking to Vegeta where is he?”  
“I dunno, he just went outside,” Bulma replied raising an eyebrow, “is he okay?”  
“No, he's had some bad news.” Without another word he belted out of the open fire exit, he didn't even bother to pick up his t-shirt along the way.  
“Goku, sorry I've gotta go find Vegeta, I'll catch you later!” with that Bulma ran out of the gym through the same fire exit door. 
 
Vegeta was walking down to the ends of the school grounds. He didn't even know where he was going.  He didn't particularly care. Just a second ago he'd been speaking on a video link to his father, and the news wasn't very good at all. Vegeta came up to one the school's famous lakes. It was a giant circular lake and it had various trees planted around the outside, on the far side a deep wood grew thickly and wildly, but on the side that he was standing, it just had various trees dotted along near the waters edge; a very scenic and beautiful sight. It was close to the smaller lake that Vegeta had thrown the car park warden in earlier. 
Bulma went in the opposite direction to Radditz who was heading towards the pool; she hoped that she would bump into Vegeta first.  She looked into the distance blinking in the strong sunlight. It was only about ten o'clock and already the sun was almost burning her skin. It was the middle of summer, the sky was a bright blue colour, there wasn't a cloud in sight, and not a breeze to be had. It was going to be another steaming hot day at Glenn Falls.
When she thought about it, Vegeta hadn't been that talkative during the gym lesson at all, in the hall he had been openly flirting with her and even amusing himself by trying to stand on her poor precious toes through her flip flops.  
`That must have been why he was late to gym.' Bulma thought to herself,
`He'd been given some bad news.'
 
She blinked into the distance over to the main lake, she could see somebody by the water but it could have been anyone, cursing herself for not bringing her sunglasses with her, not that she would have needed them for sports. She continued to walk to the other side of the grounds. For all she knew she could have been walking towards a teacher but she didn't care, it would just mean some more points demoted from their side of the year. Judging by Goku's hot chocolate performance earlier they probably didn't have any points left to demerit. 
Vegeta looked across the lake, a beautiful white swan was floating on the calm clear waters; birds were singing in the nearby trees a tune that was beginning to irritate the teenager.
With a sigh he turned around to look for a place to sit, he needed somewhere to think and clear his head. A few minutes earlier everything had been okay, all it took was a simple message from his father to ruin his mood. He noticed a large slab of rock that was half dry from the baking sun and half submerged in the clear waters of the lake. He frightened a newt that was sunbathing and sat down, taking his shoes off and dangling his feet into the refreshing cool water.  
“You look like you need someone to talk to.”  
Vegeta leaned back, he saw who was talking to him; it was the blue haired girl from the gym class earlier. She must have followed him when he left.  
“What do you care, you don't even know me.” Vegeta replied turning back to focus on wiggling his toes in the water.  
“Radditz told me you had some bad news. I thought I ought to try and find you.” Bulma said as she sat down on the rock next to Vegeta. She crossed her legs and tried to look him in the face. He looked in the other direction as if he was afraid Bulma would see him.  
“It's none of his business; nobody should have contacted him anyway. I can deal with this myself. On my own.” Vegeta said solemnly. With that he pulled his t -shirt over his head and dived into the deep waters of the lake. 
The cooling waters helped sooth Vegeta's aching head, but not the thoughts that were flooding through his mind, he was trying every way he could to block them out, prevent his emotions from breaking free.
His father's voice just kept coming back to him, the faster and the further he swam under the water the louder his voice became. Vegeta was amazed at how nice the swim felt, it was only about ten-thirty in the morning but the temperature was increasing by the minute, the water was a nice change to the heat that was beginning to come from the sun. He swam until he found he couldn't hold his breath anymore.  
`I hope that blue haired woman's gone.' he thought to himself as he broke to the surface.  
She was still sitting on the rock staring at him, he sighed as he got ready to dive back under the water again. Didn't she understand when someone wanted some time on their own?! 
Bulma smiled and waved over to Vegeta, this was going to be one tough cookie to crack, she had never had anyone speak or react to her like that, but at the same time her maternal instincts were telling her to stay and see if he was okay. Even if he was going to be ungrateful and stubborn.  
Vegeta saw her waving and swore to himself, he gave up on trying to swim his thoughts away, anyway; he was just in the water to help him cool down. He paddled over to the rock where she was sitting at and stopped when he got close enough. He was half expecting her to scream at him for being so rude. 
“Well,” he paused for a moment. “Are you going to join me or not?” 
Bulma froze; he wanted her to swim in the lake with him, not a pool or the sea but a lake. 
“I can't, no gear.” she quickly made up,
`I'm such a liar.' she thought.
She was actually wearing a bikini under her sports clothes not a bra, but she didn't particularly like the idea of swimming in a lake with goodness knows what. It was too wild for her, she was a city girl.  
“Wear your clothes- or can't you swim?”  
There was no getting out of it now unless she could think of another excuse fast enough she was going to be in that deep cold lake water with a guy who she hardly knew, with a loud sigh she kicked off her Nike Shox and pulled off her cute pink socks. If the water was cold there was no way she was going in.  
She looked about the huge mass of water. Where had Vegeta gone anyway? Maybe he had decided to abandon her at the last moment, or what if a giant fish had eaten him? Bulma's imagination began to run away with her.  
Suddenly something dark moved about really fast, she couldn't keep her eyes on it, just as soon as it was there it disappeared again.  
Suddenly something lunged forwards and grabbed her legs pulling her into the water straight off the baking hot rocky platform she had been sitting on.
Bulma could do nothing but scream, what if it was a freshwater crocodile, like the ones that she had seen on one of her father's nature documentaries that he liked to watch. They usually attacked their prey by pulling them under water and then rolling them in a death roll.  
She hit the cool water with quite a force; she could do nothing as she was pulled under the water by a firm set of arms.  
`Arms! Crocodiles don't have arms!' Bulma thought to herself, she felt the grip release so she rose up to the surface for some oxygen.  
She reached the surface and a beady pair of eyes stared back at her.  
“Nice to see you decided to join me for a swim after all.” Vegeta said grinning; he had successfully scared the shit out of Bulma.  
She was furious, out of the kindness of her heart she had gone to find him to check that he was okay, and how did he repay her, by chucking her into the lake; she would have been screwed if she couldn't swim! As it happened her parents were very well off her father being the president of Capsule Corporation, owned a huge residence with a colossal size swimming pool.
 
“Fuck you!” Bulma said as she tried to whirl around to escape the weed under her feet. All of a sudden something moved when she stood on another water plant. She let out a very loud high pitched scream.  
“AHHHHHHHHHH!” 
Vegeta put both hands over his sensitive ears, there was one thing he couldn't tolerate and that was loud noises. His ears were more receptive than most humans.  
“Stupid blue haired girl, it's just a fish look” he said pointing down into the glassy lake. Sure enough Bulma could see the clump of waterweed she had just stood on and to the left a tiny frightened little fish was trying to camouflage itself onto the floor of the lake.  
Bulma calmed down a little when she realised the lake water wasn't actually as dirty as she imagined, it was so clear she could see the bottom perfectly, it was almost like looking through a window, and the water was just the right temperature.  Back on dry land it was becoming to get too hot, even in the middle of the morning, they were in the middle of a serious heat wave. As much as she didn't want to admit it the water had a nice calming sensation on her. 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to follow you; I just wanted to check that you were okay.” Bulma confessed as she swam a little closer to Vegeta.  
She could see his body through the water and she liked what her eyes could see, he had the perfect six pack, and clearly worked out a lot. To her disappointment the shorts he was wearing were surf shorts so they hadn't gone transparent in the water.  
`He's adorable.' Bulma thought in her head.  
“What are you looking at now?” Vegeta groaned as he looked down he was half expecting it to be another fish. But there was nothing.  
“Nothing, nothing.” Bulma replied a little too quickly as she began to blush. He'd caught her in the act checking him out again! Why couldn't she just take her eyes off him, she'd come across gorgeous men before but she had been able to control herself why not this time? And what was the funny sensation she was feeling? 
 
 

Disclaimer- Ok how was that chapter? Please could you let me know, reviews spur me to update! Even if you have reviewed before!  Also if anybody has any constructive criticism they want to give that's so welcome ^_^ I love to hear back from you all! Even if you think my work is crap. Write whatever you want! Please do! I get the pleasure of hearing you guys think of my work! You won'tunderstand how much I appreciate reviews. What do you people think is wrong with poor `Geta? Do you think I should have some G/C next chapter? 
   X Safe surf May the surf always be nice and big and clean Surfs up! X
Thankyous:
 
Hayles- Thank you so much for bettering this chapter! Everybody reading this I advice you to check out `Cell Girl Troubles', Hayles I don't know where I'd be if you didn't beta my work <shrugs> (with a whole lot more flames! I guess).
 
  Anyways now you have read the new chapter just click on the little icon at the bottom of the page and submit a review, PLEASE DO! It helps to make me spur on and update, thanks!