Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z: The Android Threat ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cell was staring down at the androids with hunger in his eyes; he jumped effortlessly toward us and smirked. Clenching his fists tightly he let out a low rumble of laughter before seemingly powering up.
 
“What…is he doing?” Piccolo said shakily.
 
My eyes were wide with terror as he became surrounded by an unnatural yellow glow. However, unlike the normal aura of energy that accompanied a power up, the glow shifted into faces which screamed and twisted around him. I gasped as I realised that the streaks of energy that whipped around him like ghostly flames were in fact the lives that he had stolen. There must have been thousands; I could feel each and every one and the fear and horror that emanated from them.
 
Even the androids were frozen where they stood, it was like something from a child's nightmares. The wails of despair only served to remind me of the cells of Frieza's ship during a wave of disease amongst the slaves, how we were left suffer and pray. But I knew it was already too late for these people. But finally it stopped, leaving Cell stood in the middle of a large crater and glowering amusedly.
 
“Well now, let's get started shall we?”
 
He came towards us, making me step back in fear. But Piccolo remained frozen where he stood, even as Cell brushed past him.
 
“I know, it's overwhelming isn't it. You can feel my power and you find it difficult to bare” he drawled.
 
“Your power?” Piccolo finally snapped back out of it and faced the gruesome creature, “You stole that power! It doesn't belong to you”
 
“Stole?” Cell laughed, “They are part of greatness now, they should be thankful that I've given their meaningless lives purpose”
 
“Your nuts!” I breathed.
 
Cell ignored us, heading towards the androids once again.
 
“Piccolo, we have to stop him!”
 
“He's… too powerful”
 
I could feel my rising frustration, I couldn't just stand here and do nothing! Even if I didn't stand a chance against the monster, I had to try.
 
“Hey, we were in the middle of something” Android Seventeen said as he crossed his arms indignantly, “You're intruding”
 
“Yes, how rude of me. There must be some way I can make it up to you”
 
“No need for apologies, just go away. We have some business we have to settle”
 
“Yes, yes, I see your point. But I have a little business of my own to take care off”
 
From behind him a could see as his tail snaked upwards, pointed sharply and ready to strike.
 
“Seventeen! He's going to absorb you and Eighteen, now for the last time get out of here!” I yelled.
 
In that moment Cell's tail rushed forward, aimed directly at the androids chest. Seventeen dodged quickly, jumping to the side, and was forced to block as Cell's arm reached out for him. However, Cell twisted his body and grabbed Seventeen firmly by the wrist, flipping him over with no effort, and smashing him forcefully into the ground before reading his tail for another attack. That was when I knew I had to move.
 
I leapt forward and thrust my foot in front of me, hitting Cell forcefully on the side of his head and sending him crashing away from the pinned android. Piccolo moved forward and landed beside me, even Seventeen stood at my side.
 
“Thank you Lani, that was close. So this is the creature that wants to kill us huh?”
 
“Finally paying attention?” I muttered harshly.
 
“You should be rejoicing brother and sister, we three are like pieces of a puzzle. We are supposed to be one! Join me and fulfil Dr Gero's dream for the perfect warrior”
 
“No thanks” said Seventeen, “Besides, it seems a little crowded in there already. I don't need you. This is what I am and I intend to stay like it”
 
Cell growled in frustration, “It doesn't matter what you think you are, you are a part of me and I am going to absorb you”
 
“I don't think so” the dark haired boy replied, raising his clenched fists.
 
“Seventeen! I would not fight him!” for the first time the red-haired android spoke up, even gaining Cell's attention, “It would be best for the both of you to run. This is a creature with great power; I feel escape is the best option”
 
“Well run away if you want” Seventeen replied, “don't you worry, I'll take care of the big bad monster”
 
I barely had time to roll my eyes as he charged at Cell, drawing his fist back as he prepared to strike. But he was too slow. Cell vanished only to reappear behind him and knock him to the ground. Piccolo flew forward next, but was easily taken down and thrown across the ground. Cell moved in on him, eyes gleaming with hunger. I was barely aware of Eighteen and Sixteen arguing as I watched Piccolo focus an attack on the approaching Cell. A mass of light formed in his hands which were joined at the tips of his fingers, creating a circle. Cell continued to close in, unfazed by the dust swarming around him.
 
“Move!” I heard Seventeen cry as he bounded into the air.
 
Piccolo released his second Kiason attack, creating a huge explosion that blew me into the side of a cliff and engulfed half the island. Water poured from the sky as it hit the sea, raining down upon us all for a few minutes. I stood, frozen with shock and vaguely aware of the slowly forming bruise on my side as I searched the thick dust with my watering eyes. That was by far the strongest attack Piccolo had used so far, and yet, even though Cell was nowhere in sight I could still sense him, as strong as ever and completely unaffected by the blast.
 
The air cleared and I was finally able to see him, stood calmly amongst the rubble.
 
“I am through playing games Piccolo” his voice was low and threatening, “You can't stop me, it's useless to resist. I am amused by your attempts, but this is where it ends for you”
 
Cell glanced at his side, sighing satisfactorily at Seventeen who had just landed beside me. Coward, probably thinks I'll protect him…
 
“Run Seventeen, now!” Piccolo bellowed, only to be cut short as Cell threw a punch on the left side of his head. Even from where I was standing I heard the bones crack under the force.
 
Cell had broken Piccolo's neck with a single hit.
 
“No!” I screamed, making to fly to him but only to find myself restrained by a pair of arms around my waist. I struggled angrily, “Let me go!”
 
“He'll kill you!” Seventeen protested.
 
“What do you care, get the hell of me! I'll kill him!” I watched in horror as Cell walked calmly to Piccolo's unmoving body, bending down and lifting him easily with one hand. His head fell sickeningly to the side. Cell was speaking something, but I was too horrified to hear. He raised his free hand to Piccolo's chest, and in the second before it happened I realised what he was doing. In the blink of an eye Cell formed a thin white blast, and pierced Piccolo through the chest, obliterating his heart.
 
“That beast!” I heard Seventeen gasp behind me, his arms still wrapped firmly around my middle.
 
I was too stunned to say anything as I watched Cell fling Piccolo behind him and into the water. He was gone… dead… and I hadn't done anything to stop it.
 
“Gohan” I whispered, only able to imagine the boys tear stained face as he surely sensed the loss of his old master.
 
Cell turned to us with laughter on his face, I pushed my way out of Seventeen's arms to face him.
 
“This is it for you” he cackled, “There's no one to save you now”
 
My eyes were fixed on the fading ripples in the sea, made by Piccolo's sinking body. I had a strong desire to dive in after him and retrieve his body; he didn't belong there in the depths of the cold water.
 
“For some reason destroying Piccolo was especially satisfying” I heard Cell drawl, “Now, Android Seventeen… come here to me…”
 
Cell continued a long winded talk about destiny as he stalked forwards, making me feel like a child backing into a wall. He upped his pace to a run, he'd be upon us in seconds.
 
“Stay here” Seventeen instructed me, “Here goes nothing”
 
He ran forward to meet Cell before I could protest, jumping into the air and aiming a kick at the oncoming android. I felt my legs give way from shock, and watched helplessly as the two began to fight. I was oddly numb, even though I was aware that I had to step up and stop this before it was too late, I just couldn't being myself to my senses.
 
Soon enough, Seventeen was lying on the ground, crying out in pain.
 
“Do something!” I called to his companions, but they either couldn't hear me or were too afraid to move. That is, until Sixteen finally stepped forward, eyes fixated on Cell.
 
“Sixteen come back!” Eighteen called after him, “He'll kill you”
 
“Life is good, but living in fear is not my idea of living” he replied calmly.
 
I swallowed, forcing myself to my feet. I would not just stand here and do nothing… I wouldn't let Piccolo die for needlessly. I ascended to a nearby cliff, watching Sixteen approach Cell and decided to wait for the right moment. Fighting Cell head on would just get me killed, though I was desperate to intervene as he lifted Seventeen with one hand and began to absorb him through his tail.
 
I was about to attack when Sixteen proved that he may be stronger then any of us anticipated. With a single blow he forced Cell to drop Seventeen and sent him flying across the ground.
 
“Thanks for the help Sixteen, but I think you just made him angry”
 
“I am going to destroy him”
 
Seventeen laughed wryly, “Sure, and how are you going to do that?”
 
“According to my calculations, I am just as strong as Cell”
 
I gasped, there was no way he could be that strong! Why hadn't he done something sooner? But then again, why hadn't I…
 
The two began to fight, flying into the air where they exchanged blows.
 
“Whoa! He's actually holding his own!” I breathed, “He may be able to do this…”
 
The battle raged on, and I thought for a moment that we may have been able to win when Sixteen pulled Cell's tail clean off. But of course, Cell was infused with some of Piccolo's powers, which meant he was able to regenerate his tail easily.
 
“A valiant effort my friend, but no more then a minor inconvenience to me” he chuckled.
 
“Well this time, I'll rip off your head!” Sixteen replied.
 
The two resumed their battle, though this time it looked like Cell had the upper hand. Something told me that he had just been toying with Sixteen, and now he was getting bored. The android was finally knocked down onto the ground where he slid several feet forward before stopping.
 
He didn't get up again.
 
Cell approached his still body, and that was when I made my move. I charged forward silently, arm pulled back and ready to attack. But Cell twisted his head, sensing my approach, and flung me back as he sent his elbow crashing into my face. I landed on the ground, spluttering on blood that was now pouring from my mouth. The coppery taste made me feel sick, but none so much as what I witness next when my eyes stopped watering.
 
Seventeen… was already halfway into Cell's tail…
 
“No!” cried Sixteen who had finally risen and was now flying full pelt at Cell, but he too was knocked away easily.
 
Then that was it, Seventeen was gone.
 
Cell began to emit disturbing noises, and his body shimmered with a ghostly white light. This was it, I was too late… he was transforming.
 
X
 
He was bigger, stronger and more menacing then ever. We were in big trouble. Both Seventeen and Piccolo were out of the picture, I guessed we still had four hours `till Trunks and Vegeta left the chamber, which meant that with Goku and Gohan waiting their turn to train, I was now the only one left to fight. Me and the other two androids of course, but I wasn't about to put the future of the Earth in their hands.
 
Especially not since they were now running away.
 
Sixteen had grabbed Eighteen by the arm and was now trying desperately to escape, but Cell effortlessly appeared in front of them, blocking their way.
 
“No… he's as strong as I feared!”
 
Cell looked down upon the red haired android with a smug smile, “You had your opportunity to defeat me, but now it's too late”
 
Momentarily I considered escaping myself, I could take off back to the lookout and come back after everyone had trained. But even as I thought about it I knew I wouldn't, for one thing I wouldn't be able to stand to look my uncle in the eyes after running away and letting Cell become complete, nor Gohan… or Trunks… how could I face any of them if I just left.
 
Cell was peering down at his reflection, no doubt revelling in his victory. Sixteen took the opportunity to attack, forcing his fist into Cell's face as he turned. But to my horror, this time Sixteen had no effect on him whatsoever. He didn't even flinch. With one strike Cell propelled him backwards, removing the top right-side of Sixteen's head to reveal sparking circuitry. I was thankful he was an android and not human, seeing mashed brains would not do much to help my wavering courage.
 
He and Eighteen were exchanging words, or at least she was cursing him and he was antagonising her.
 
“I am on the verge of becoming a God, and you think I'll just walk away? My dear android, when will you understand… you belong to me”
 
“She belongs to no one!” I said firmly, landing on the ground between the two. What the hell was I doing… “Get out of here!” I demanded, flinching in disgust as Cell licked his lips before walking towards us.
 
But Eighteen had other ideas.
 
“Take one more step and I'll detonate”
 
Eighteen had her hand poised over the left side of her chest, staring at Cell as though daring him to make a move.
 
“Extinguish yourself? You wouldn't dare…”
 
“Try me, anything's better then merging with you. We're completely different, I could never be a part of you”
 
I stood between them tensely, trying to estimate how big a blast the android would create. If we were lucky she'd take herself and Cell out, leaving us with just Sixteen to take care of!
 
“I may know someone who thinks differently” he smirked.
 
His lips began to move, but it wasn't his new, low voice that I heard. It was much softer, colder…
 
“Hey Eighteen, it's me. Seventeen. Listen, it's no so bad. What's the deal huh? You're scared aren't you, but don't be… look, I'm ok. We're meant to be together, join me and it'll all become clear…”
 
I stared at the two, Eighteen's eyes were transfixed and somewhat glazed over as she stared at something above Cell.
 
“Don't listen to him, it's a trick!” I shouted.
 
“Shut up girl” Cell snapped.
 
Her eyes cleared as she shook her head and scowled, “Stop it, that's not Seventeen. He loved the person he was and he wouldn't trade his life to be part of you!”
 
Cell growled dangerously before relaxing and began to laugh, “Fine, just try to blow yourself up. But how long will that take? It'll take me only one moment to get to you whereas you'll need a lot longer to activate that bomb”
 
I could see Sixteen struggling to stand from the corner of my eye, Eighteen's hand was still held over her chest. This was it; I was the only one who could buy her time to escape. I placed my feet firmly on the ground and placed my hands together to make a diamond shape. Breathing deeply I forced all my energy into my hands.
 
“What do you think you're doing?” Cell barked, glancing over his shoulder.
 
The beam of silvery light grew in my hand, I fired just as he turned to me. He attempted to block my attack but the beam just moved through his arm and wrapped itself around his midriff. This wasn't an offensive attack, so it couldn't be blocked or deflected, as long as I had enough energy to sustain the bind Cell would be unable to move. Though every second drained me of my own life.
 
“I can't hold this forever, leave now and hide!” I said, clenching my jaw. My entire body was focused on sustaining the bind, I couldn't afford to argue with her, “Sixteen, take her NOW!”
 
With the support of Eighteen the pair took to the air and headed east, I felt Cell struggle against the bind and closed them tighter. I just had to hold it until they got to safety… then he'd waste the rest of the time trying to locate her again whilst Trunks and Vegeta finished training.
 
The bind shimmered brightly, Cell screamed out in frustration as he tried to break free, “When I get out of this I'm going to squash you, you little brat!”
 
“I guess I won't let you go then!” I breathed.
 
I could feel my legs getting weaker, but my mind was focused. I guess I owed Piccolo a thanks for all that training in meditation to increase my concentration. After about ten minutes I dropped to my knees, feeling the bind weaken. Cell felt it also as he upped his struggle to free himself. Sweat dripped from my brow, for some reason my mind wandered to then fact that I was wearing Bulma's close… would she be angry that I'd gotten them so dirty? Then Chi Chi entered my mind…
 
I knew what was happening, I was slipping into unconsciousness… possibly dying. The thought made me laugh wryly.
 
What would Trunks think when he came out of the chamber to fine me dead? Would he be sad or upset that he hadn't been out here to help me? What about Shigeru… would he feel guilt at having abandoned me for whatever planet he was now on?
 
Goku… I bet he was angry. He told us both to stay alive…
 
That was when I felt the last drop of energy leave my body, and slipped into black oblivion.
 
X
 
I opened my eyes warily, I had never felt so tired in my entire life.
 
“Dad, she's awake!”
 
The voice echoed in my mind, vaguely familiar…
 
“Here, Lani. Eat this”
 
A hand was pressed to my mouth, I felt something pushed between my lips and chewed instinctively. Swallowing was much harder, I almost choked on whatever I was eating. Suddenly I felt a hot surge of energy run through my body and I became aware of my surroundings. The sound of the sea was gone; in fact I was surrounded by silence. I pushed myself up on one elbow and looked around.
 
I was back on the lookout, Gohan was crouched beside me and Goku looked down at me with concern and something else that gleamed in his eye as he saw I was Ok.
 
“Hi” I said weakly, “I guess you're pretty mad”
 
He frowned, “Mad? You did a brave thing there Lani, it almost cost you your life…”
 
I swallowed, taking his hand as he offered to help me up. That was when I saw the figure behind him.
 
“Piccolo! You're ok!”
 
He nodded, “Yeah, lucky for me I was still able to regenerate enough to stay alive. Goku brought us up here with his Instant Transmition when he realised we were in trouble, he told me what you did…”
 
“Did it work, did she get away?” I said quickly.
 
“She did, Cell's still down there looking for her though” Goku replied.
 
“What happened to the other three, didn't they find Bulma?”
 
“I think they've just reached her…” Piccolo said.
 
“Fat load of good it is now, they haven't a clue where she is so how can they shut her down. Besides, if they go looking for her they'll either get ripped apart by Cell or he'll follow them to her, and do it then!”
 
“I know Lani… all we can do is wait”
 
My arms were still shaking, my legs barely holding me up, “I really need to sit down”.
 
Goku supported me over to a small wall running around the white building. Gohan followed, looking concerned, “That was a really amazing thing you did down there Lani, I don't know if I could have done it”
 
I smiled feebly, “I don't think I'll be doing it again…”
 
“It was an honourable move, but let's remember, it still wasn't enough. It's going to take a force much stronger then all of us to defeat Cell now. Think about it, not one of us can take that guy down… not even you, Goku. We're going to need something… more”
 
“I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kill-Joy” I said, shaking my head playfully at the Namek.
 
“Goku! Come quickly, I think Trunks and Vegeta are coming out of the chamber!”
 
“About time!” My uncle beamed.
 
I felt a twist in my stomach that had nothing to do with my earlier fight, in fact I almost laughed at myself when I realised what I was thinking. Trunks was coming out, after a year in the chamber, and I was covered in dirt, blood and sweat. And I was pretty sure that my hair was an absolute mess.
 
My uncle and Piccolo followed Mr Popo immediately, but Gohan stayed by my side to support me as we made our way at a much slower pace. I reached up and pulled the band that was keeping my hair back in a plait, allowing my dark red tresses to fall freely to my shoulders. At least I wouldn't look like one of the tramps I'd seen on a visit to West City anymore!
 
By the time we reached the others the door was already open, but I couldn't see either of the saiyan men as Piccolo and Goku were blocking my view. Gohan helped me lean against one the pillars, where I gripped it tightly as I tried not to fall over.
 
“Hey Trunks, you've changed!” Gohan said brightly.
 
“I'll say!” Goku added, “You look like you're in great shape”
 
I cursed inwardly, I wanted to see him! A random memory of being at Bulma's house for a visit popped into my mind, I'd seen her argueing with her mother over which channel to watch as she wanted to see some movie star that was supposed to be incredibly hot. Of course she then had to explain what `hot' meant when used in slang terms, as I assumed he just had a temperature or something…
 
Piccolo shifted slightly, which allowed for me to see the now, nineteen year old… well, man I suppose.
 
“You'd better not be poking around in here” I thought, “Else I'm gonna show you stuff that'll make Cell look like the Easter Bunny”
 
I wasn't met with a reply and Piccolo didn't react in any way outwardly, therefore I assumed my thoughts were safe.
 
“You spent a whole year in the chamber, no one's ever been able to do that before” Mr Popo was saying.
 
“We probably would have been able to come out a lot sooner but father wasn't willing to leave until he was sure he'd done all he could do. He insisted on training for the full year even though it only took him a couple of months to-”
 
“Quiet!” Vegeta's voice cut across. But I stopped paying attention as I looked Trunks up and down appreciatively. He was taller, and his hair reached down to his shoulders now, though he had most of it pulled back at the nape of his neck. Just like Shigeru used to do…
 
His voice was different though, lower and kind of gravely, similar to Vegeta's. But he also held himself with more confidence and poise. The only consolation at my misery for my own appearance was that he looked as beat up as I did. I flicked my tail out from my waist, thankful at its ability to help me balance. Vegeta was once again raving about how powerful he was now, and that he would take care of the androids. He made my blood boil with his arrogance, he had no idea how powerful Cell was, and he just assumed he could defeat him when Piccolo had almost died at his hands!
 
“Listen, I don't know how powerful you've become. But while you were in the hyperbolic time chamber Cell merged with Android Seventeen, he's become stronger then ever! He almost killed Lani and me!”
 
I suppressed a groan as he brought attention back to me, “Technically I almost killed myself…” I said faintly, pushing myself away from the pillar.
 
I avoided Trunks' gaze and looked at Vegeta instead, who still wore his usual smirk.
 
“Clearly trying to defeat Cell has taken its toll on all of you, that's why I'm offering to take care of him myself”
 
I rolled my eyes; as much as I wanted our side to win I'd love to see Vegeta put in his place right now.
 
“Vegeta, you should listen to them. You don't know what you're up against; you'd have to triple your strength to-”
 
Goku stopped talking as Vegeta laughed quietly, the two stared at each other momentarily, as though sharing a private joke of some kind. Well perhaps not a joke, some unknown knowledge that I was yet to be let in on. I exhaled sharply and glanced at Trunks, surprised to find he was staring at me. Our eyes met for a moment and I half expected him to turn away with a blush, just like last time outside Dr Gero's lab. But he didn't, he held my gaze for a few moments, his face unreadable. It seemed a year alone with his father had changed him.
 
Suddenly from behind us we heard a familiar voice, “Yoo hoo, hello?”
 
“Look it's Bulma!” said Gohan.
 
The seven of us made our way back onto the open space of the lookout, Gohan offered me his hand and I took it gingerly. I was still feeling dizzy and even though it might make me look weak to rely on my ten year old cousin like this, it was better then passing out.
 
“Hey Bulma” I called as cheerily as I could when she came into view.
 
She smiled widely when she saw us, “Hi there!”
 
“Bulma, what are you doing here?” Goku enquired.
 
“What, this is a superhero's only club? I brought some things for you guys. You might need them”
 
Gohan rushed forward and took hold of baby Trunks' hand, Bulma smiled at him before looking up at the group. Her face changed into a look of surprise when her eyes landed on her grown up son.
 
“My gosh, Trunks!” she exclaimed as she darted forward, “I mean it is Trunks right?”
 
“Er, yeah” he replied nervously.
 
“Wow, you've grown. Look at this, it that a wig?” she asked pulling on his long waves of lavender hair, “No it's real…”
 
“Father and I spent a year in the time chamber but only a day passed out here. That's why I look a little older”
 
“Oh”
 
“Father and I trained together”
 
Bulma leant around her son and enquired as to why Vegeta looked the same, I grinned at his reaction at being quizzed about his hair. I could just imagine it; `The Z Fighter's Hair Club'… except Piccolo wouldn't be a member, or Krillen, or Tien, Chaotzu… Mater Roshi…
 
I snapped back to reality as Bulma pulled a capsule from her pocket and opened it, all I caught was the end of her sentence, “…if you stop being a jerk Vegeta, maybe you can have one too”
 
A small white box appeared from a swirl of smoke, she kicked it open and pulled something blue from it.
 
“They're saiyan combat suits, I modelled them to be as similar to Vegeta's as I could get with Earth technology” she explained, handing each of the guys one each, “This is for you Lani” she said as she handed me a small capsule of my own, “Something a little more comfortable”.
 
“Thanks Bulma. Mr Popo, do you have a place I can go clean up?”
 
“Of course, follow me” he nodded.
 
“See you in a minute guys” I waved, not wanting to stand around and watch all of them change. Namely Trunks. I felt the small blush reach my cheeks at the thought, and was grateful Mr Popo was leading me inside.
 
He took me to a small bathroom with a shower, well I suppose even the guardian of Earth has to wash. There was a long length mirror beside the basin which I stood in front of to examine my injuries. My white shirt was splattered with blood from where I'd been elbowed in the face, though thankfully I hadn't broken my nose or lost any teeth. Underneath said blood was dirt and dust, thankfully covering my most unladylike sweat patches. Fighting was dirty business, I hoped Bulma had given me something practical to wear. I flipped open the capsule she'd given me and looked at the small box of drawers. There was more then just clothes in this, pulling open the top drawer I found a suit just like the uniform given to me by Goku, underneath were simple shirts and loose pants, followed by undergarments. In the bottom drawer lay various items for hygiene and so on. I laughed, Bulma really planned for everything.
 
I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the cool water, running my fingers over the fading bruises. Sensu beans could so wonders, but unfortunately they took their time with mars on the skin. I let my head roll back and enjoyed the feeling of the warm water as it washed the grime from my skin and rinsed my hair. I only spent a few minutes under the water though before stepping out and raising my Ki slightly to dry my skin off.
 
I pulled on a pair of dark blue pants and a black t-shirt, letting my hair remain loose around my shoulders. I closed the capsule once more and pocketed it as I laced my boots and headed back out to the others. But Trunks and Vegeta were nowhere in sight, nor where Goku and Gohan.
 
“Where is everyone?” I asked Bulma.
 
“Trunks and Vegeta have gone after Cell, Goku's eating”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I know, but nothing comes between Goku and his stomach. Not even Cell apparently”
 
I laughed, enjoying the light breeze now that I felt refreshed. I was slightly disappointed that Trunks wasn't around to see me non-grime covered, but I mentally kicked myself and reminded myself of Piccolo's earlier words. Stay focused on the matter at hand.
 
But then again, I had one more day till I had to focus on my own training. So a little bit of daydreaming wouldn't hurt… just to get it out of my system.
X
 
Disclaimer: I own no rights to the series Dragonball Z or its characters/places. Copyright to Akira Toriyama.