Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drama's Of Life ❯ Trouble Is Brewing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Back again. I'm having final exams this week and it's too late to do any last minute cramming cuz that will just confuse me more. But it doesn't matter anyway because 2 out of 3 of my hardest sub is out of the way (AP Statistics, AP Biology). Ugh, I'm SOOO not ready for that stupid French 3 exam. I hate French…I hate French…I hate French…I hate French…I hate French. I'm going to fail I just know it. I hate French.
 
Thank you Little-fighter88 for beta-ing this fic!!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own em'….I hate French…I hate French.
 
Chapter 3
Trouble Is Brewing
 
2:35am
 
“No way!” Juu exclaimed, eyes wide in surprise, the drink in her hand tilted dangerously close to spilling after what Bulma had just told her.
 
“Yah, well believe it. It's gonna to be on the news first thing tomorrow.” Bulma sighed wearing Juu's black tank top and pjs, stretched comfortably across Juu's leather sofa.
 
After running blindly into the house after Vegeta and taking all the mess and how trashed their house was, they found no one in the house. Then after the police came over and filed a report, Vegeta pushed her to the closest house, not wanting her alone in a hotel or any place with anyone `untrustworthy'. And the closest house just happened to be Juu's.
 
“Do you have any idea who did it?” Juu inquired, her ice blue eyes deep in thought. The Ouji and the Briefs family had many enemies from past and present so it was hard to tell who could have done such a thing.
 
“Nope.” She ran a comb through her blue hair; frankly she didn't want to think about it for the rest of the night….or morning since it was nearly 3.
 
“So where do you want to sleep?” Juu asked, running a hand through her golden blonde hair. The sudden appearance of her friend left her no time to prepare for the sleep over.
 
“She'll sleep on my bed.” Jay stated walking in to the living room, bare chest and still slightly wet from this shower he just took. He had heard the whole story.
 
“No, I can't take your bed.” Bulma exclaimed.
 
Since Krillan went to a short business trip, Juu had let Jay stay over for the weekend. There were only two rooms; the master room, which was Juu's, and the guess room, which Jay was going to sleep in.
 
“Whatever,” Juu yawned too tired to watch those two fight over who gets the couch. “I'm out, see ya in the morning.” Finishing with the closing of her bedroom door and leaving Bulma and Jay in a staring contest.
 
“I'm sleeping on the couch.” Bulma stated leaning back comfortably on the couch she was already on. Stretching her lithe body as she yawned not noticing the look that crossed Jay's face.
 
Jay turned away from her tempting form, trying to stop the sordid thoughts his mind conjured up. He had thought that he'd get over that silly school boy crush, but even at her wedding he found himself wishing that it was him being the groom, him that she wakes up to in the morning, him that she kissed every morning.
 
“Jay? What's wrong?” Bulma's soft voice brought him back. Her eyes tinted with confusion at his sudden silence.
 
Jay met her blue eyes and almost regretted it, feeling both comfort and discomfort. Like she was able to see through his soul. He didn't know how he ended up next to her or how his body started bending down to her nor did he care, lost in her deep blue eyes that reflected both innocence and confusion. Both of his arms braced either side of her on the edges of the sofa. He was so close, he could feel her breathing increase slightly…because of him?
 
Beyond confused at his sudden strange behavior, she slowly sat up regretting every second of it. Feeling heat rush up to her cheeks at the way he's eyes burned, watching every movement of her body from above her; only one man had ever looked at her with such intensity. Their faces were only inches apart and she could clearly smell the familiar scent that he carried right from the previous shower.
 
Her eyes widened at the first movement but still she didn't move. His face leaning closer to hers, brushing her lips with his. Barely even a kiss, but yet so gentle, smooth and soft.
 
In complete panic she quickly slipped through his arms and ran towards the guestroom, yelling a “Fine, you win” before slamming the door quickly behind her.
 
Left with only cold air at where Bulma once was, cold reality hit him….hard. Releasing a sigh at how stupid he had just acted he flopped down on the sofa, running a hand through his shoulder length black hair before dropping his head back in exhaustion.
 
“Damn.” He growled out, not sure how to face her tomorrow….or ever again.
 
::Next morning::
 
He woke to the feel of the person around his arms stiffening. Watching her back tense as she shifted slowly to face him and then in realization of who he was he felt her loosen and wrap her own arms tightly around him.
 
“Good morning, husband.” She whispered softly burying her face between his neck and shoulder.
 
Oh how perfect she fit there, a light content smile pulled at his lips as he pulled her closer to him, tightly securing his arms around her frail form.
 
He hadn't gotten back from the police station until 4 in the morning. And when he had walked into the room to find her calling out softly for him in her sleep did he feel regretful for not being with her the whole night.
 
“Did you dream of me, princess?” Vegeta couldn't help but ask with both teasing and curiosity in his voice.
 
“You can call it a nightmare.” Bulma replied smoothly, not forgetting the dream about how she somehow got pregnant with the `barely called kiss' between her and Jay, and then Vegeta found out and hated her forever.
 
She ignored Vegeta's advances as he ran a hand suggestively along her thigh, brushing her borrowed nightdress from Juu just a bit higher. With a swift movement that caught Vegeta off guard, she gracefully walked towards the bathroom.
 
It was his entire fault that she didn't have a good dream. If he didn't leave her then Jay wouldn't have `kissed' her and if Jay didn't `kiss' her then she wouldn't have had that stupid nightmare.
 
Vegeta blinked once, then again. Did the Onna just turn away from him? He was still lying on the bed.
 
The sound of the water from the shower was heard from the bathroom. Vegeta narrowed his eyes before getting up off the bed and walking towards the bathroom. Smirking he pulled off all his cloths on the way there, disappearing behind the bathroom door too.
 
The sound of the shower curtains moving could be heard before a soft gasp came.
 
“Vegeta! Didn't I make it cl-“ Bulma's voice was cut off all of sudden.
 
In another second, a soft moan could be heard.
 
::Briefs House::
 
It was a nice morning; Bunni was at the stove fixing breakfast for her six children when the morning news caught her attention, halting her moves.
 
….And at around 1 am this morning, one of the richest couples in the world, Vegeta and Bulma Ouji's mansion was broken into. Leaving no trace of evidence, the suspect has yet to be identified.”
 
The screen flashed and there was a live picture of Bulma and Vegeta walking towards the world's largest skyscraper known as Capsule Corp. News reporters, camera mens, and the press surrounded them, being held back by security. All of them were shooting questions at the couple.
 
Bulma had sunglasses on. Vegeta kept his face emotionless, an arm protectively around Bulma's waist as they walked in the building.
 
“Mommy! Look it's Nii-chan!!!” Nine year old Benio shouted looking at the TV.
 
Bunni nodded absently thinking about the news. Glancing at the phone she didn't know whether to call Bulma or not since she was going to be at her office all day, she didn't want to seem like a bother to Bulma.
 
Sighing, Bunni turned around and continued making breakfast.
 
 
::Bulma's Office::
 
“….and that's the schedule for the day, Mrs. Ouji.” Hatsumi, one of her most trusted friends read out.
 
“Sumi, I told you not to call me that when no one is around.” Bulma scowled from the leather seat of her desk. “I'm still not use to being called Mrs. Ouji.”
 
Hatsumi had graduated from a good college and for the first two years went into teaching but found out that it was too boring and had no `hot guys' so then decided to try out secretary work with Bulma's suggestion.
 
Bulma, like her father, had a habit of continuously firing secretaries. Some because they were sluts, flirting and hitting on Vegeta. Others didn't do an adequate job for her and couldn't seem to catch up fast enough.
 
While most of the time, she fired them because she didn't feel comfortable around them. With Hatsumi it was just perfect.
 
“Alright, B-chan.” Hatsumi smiled, her forest green eyes sparkled. “So I heard about your mansion.”
 
“Yah, I'm never going to get the press off my back now.” Bulma grumbled, putting her head down on the cool maple desk just like she use to do whenever she was frustrated.
 
“Don't worry; you'll always have me to fend them off for you.” Hatsumi winked looking down at the blue haired woman as she sat on top of Bulma's desk.
 
Bulma grinned and was about to reply when the phone on her desk rang. Rolling her eyes, she picked up the phone omitting the greeting she would usually do.
 
“Hello.” Bulma said, glancing at Hatsumi who was stretching.
 
“Hello, is this Miss. Bulma Briefs?”
 
“Yes, I am.” Bulma replied, the voice was familiar…. where did she hear it before. “And whom may I be speaking to?” She asked in a slightly playful voice, stopping herself from giggling as she watched Hatsumi catwalk and pose for her in exaggerated movements.
 
“Someone you once knew, let's just say that.” The voice was deep, definitely belonging to a man. His voice was slivery, smooth.
 
Quirking an eyebrow up, she turned her chair 180 degrees to the wall size window she had, searching out as if she could see anyone on the bottom from a 101 stories high, 1670 ft building. Rolling her own eyes, she turned her chair back around to the desk, glancing at the caller ID, only to find it say unknown call.
 
“Who are you?” She whispered nervously now. Her head pounded slightly, that voice….it was so familiar….it was at the tip of her tongue yet she still couldn't get the name out. Her head started hurting really bad, a screeching noise rang though her head deadening her from all other noise…. dizziness taking over, her vision hazing over.
 
“Soon you will remember everything….that you've forgotten…” The voice rumbled out both soothingly and promisingly.
 
Bulma lifted her head up, looking out the window. Breathing slightly faster, her fevered blue eyes scanned around frantically starting to see doubles. Suddenly the carpeted floor rushed up at her, blackness engulfing her. In the distance a Hatsumi's voice cried out for her.
 
Author's Note: So what do you think. Please leave a review for me!! It won't take you that long! Tell me what you think…should I keep going or not?
 
::Thanks to my Reviewers::
 
DBZ-fan-Jess, Rose-of-Vegeta, East-Coastie1500, b-chan2007, little-fighter88.
 
::hugs::