Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drama's Of Life ❯ Acting on Impulse ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: It's sooooooo nice to be back, I miss this place so very very very much! It was tremendously boarding without internet ::cries:: but that's all over now. I'm back…everything is going to be OK ::starts rocking back and forth while chanting to herself.
 
This isn't beta-ed yet, sorry for the grammer/spelling mistakes that I missed in here.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything.
 
 
Chapter 7
 
Her eyes and head automatically turned to him as he gracefully walked in the world's riches building. As usual there was a mild crowd around him. From one look she could tell that he was in a good mood today.
 
Her mind urged her to go and greet him, like some of the co-workers were doing as they pass. But no, her heel clad foot stayed rooted firmly on the ground at the side of where Vegeta's path was.
 
Her honey brown eyes were fixated on him, utterly amazed no matter how many times she has seen him. In his full black suit he stood naturally graceful, sleek, proudly, and confidently. From the moment she had laid eyes on him, she knew he was the one. The one that has captivated every fiber in her body, and created her obsessed that drove her to the point of insanity.
 
She didn't get it. She, Vanessa Yuuhi. Well-bred, well-mannered, well educated. The best of the best. The top of her class all through her years as a student. The princess. No one ever dared to ignore her. Heads would always turned when she walked in a room or building, men always lined up after her; following her every step. Woman always admired her; begging to be part of her inner circle of friends. Adults were always pursing her for an intelligent conversation.
 
And yet from the very moment she stepped into this company; the company that held only thousands of top-notch businessmen and scientists. She was second to Bulma Briefs Ouji for everything. Sometimes she got the feeling that she wasn't even second. She was maybe even ranked 10th or lower.
 
What hurt her pride was Vegeta; he had and always had regarded her as nothing. She was more than woman enough to get any man she wanted but Vegeta was the only man that had ever looked at her like she was an unworthy street whore not deserving enough to be in his presence. At first she thought that he was a cold-hearted, smart-ass bastard and had only married Bulma Briefs for the money. But she was wrong…dead wrong, because she saw the proof that he could be a passionate, loving man whenever his eyes landed on Bulma; always lingering on her form before moving on. She saw the proof every time watch he walk stood near Bulma; a contentment and happiness showed no matter how discreet it was.
 
Which leads to what hurt her pride and ego the most. The fact that there is another woman that bested her in every way.
 
She never knew that there was another woman with equal- no…..more beauty than her. But beauty wasn't all the made her filled with jealousy whenever the name Bulma came up. It was Bulma's intelligence, her witty personality, her quick, sarcastic and yet humorous charm that captivated all the men in the building. It was the fact that she knew herself that she would never be able to keep up with Bulma, would never be at her level. A woman who is undeniably worthy to be worshipped.
 
And why would, Vanessa Yuuhi ever admit that even if only to herself? Because she had the privilege of working with Bulma once before, she was taking the place of another scientist for a few days in his absents.
 
And she never in her life knew such a woman existed. Bulma's intelligence, beauty, charm, inner strength, and mental strength awed her to the core. Just two minutes in the room with Bulma and she already found herself lost at the topic they were on, having no idea what she was talking about. All those years of school and Yale University didn't feel enough to even match Bulma for even two minutes.
 
Her blue eyes watched with amazement and wonder as Vegeta's sensual lips moved, forming words she cannot hear, to the man he was speaking with as they waited for the elevator to come down.
 
Strangely enough, she felt no anger or hate towards him for his regards towards her. He was amazing in every aspect. Every aspect about him captured her attention; from his odd moods, god-like body, to his overbearing confidence and attitude.
 
She wanted him. She need him.
 
0000000000
 
“Any suggestions on where we begin?” He felt Kanaye glancing over at him as dropping his small luggage down on the floor. New York was busy like always, people walking in and out of the airport in a hurry. Late afternoon traffic was crowding the streets, every car honking impatiently at each other, every person passing by uncaringly as they head off in their own direction.
 
“Of course.” He replied in a tone that was both snobby and flippant, knowing that it annoyed Kanaye. Taking his cell phone out, he dialed a familiar number.
 
“Hello?” A deep male voice answered stopping the third ring.
 
“Trunks? It's me Junichi.” He said lowly into the phone, his icy blue eyes watching the crowds of people passing him.
 
“What's up, man?” The voice was tinted with good humor and care-freeness that only early-retired men could have. The kind of men that enjoyed life, and what kind of man wouldn't if they were Trunks Briefs?
 
“I'm in New York.” A pause from the other end and he could tell that Trunks knew what was coming as if know this day would come. Maybe if he had lighted his tone a little when he said those few words Trunks wouldn't have given it a second thought. Maybe if he hadn't sounded so serious. But it wasn't his tone that gave it away but rather the mere fact that he had called Trunks to begin with. Not that they weren't friends or anything but even if he did come to New York by himself, they both knew that it was highly unlikely that he would call Trunks up for a mid-day chat.
 
“I'll come get you. Where are you?” An offer that was both a command and demand, a trait that he clearly recognized.
 
“Airport. We'll be waiting.”
 
“We?—No, wait. Don't answer that.” A sigh could be detected as Trunks ended the conversation.
0000000000
 
Standing in front of a humongous house that belonged to her older brother and sister-in-law. Should she go in or not? Going in would mean that she would most probably have to deal with the probing questions that Hanayo and Trunks no doubt would have. But she hadn't seen either of them for a few years now. A small smile tugging at her lips at the thought of her little niece; how cute Kyra must be now.
 
An exaggerated sigh from the person next to her caused her to look over at Hatsumi's slouching position. The brunette shifted impatiently next to her, twirling a strain of brown hair around her fingers in boredom.
 
“Don't tell me you're still mad at me about the waiter thing.” Flipping her shoulder length blue hair back as she eyed her friend.
 
“You're the one that wanted me to get laid in the first place, and then you totally blew off my chance!” Hatsumi's green eyes flashed with anger, pouting slightly.
 
“Don't be so dramatic. There are other hot looking, Apollo look-alike out there.”
 
“Are we going in or not.” Hatsumi huffed, obviously wanting to talk about that anymore.
 
“Fine.” Taking a deep breath she reached out but hesitated. Hatsumi who was next to her, rolled her green eyes and quickly rang the doorbell three times loudly and clearly. Annoyed she slapped Hatsumi on the arm, receiving a slap back from her thus starting a slapping contest that was fitting for 5th graders.
 
Hearing the first sign that the doorknob was turn they quickly turn to face the front.
 
“Auntie Bulma? Is that you?!” A sweet voice came out.
 
“Hi sweetie!” She exclaimed excitedly, opening her arms as the beautiful mixture of Trunks and Hanayo jumped into her arms. The girl was just too adorable for her own good.
 
“Oh Auntie Bulma. I missed you so much!” Kyra bounced excitedly in her arms as she planted kisses all over her niece's face. “Daddy and mommy will be so happy to-“
 
“Honey! Who's at the door?” What can be clearly recognized as Hanayo's voice trailed out to the three at the door.
 
“Mommy! It's Auntie Bulma!!!”
 
“What?!” Confusion evident on Hanayo's voice.
 
She felt a wicked grin spread over her face at the shocked look that Hanayo's had, as those dark eyes took her in.
000000000
 
“I didn't know you have a suit like this.” A man smirked at the brown haired man that was standing in front of a mirror, fixing his tie.
 
“There are many things you don't know about me.” He replied glancing away from the mirror and to the bulk man near the window. “I probably won't be back until later tonight. Have fun.”
 
“Sure.” Honey colored eyes watched the man leave the small apartment before turning back to his laptop.
 
0000000
 
Shifting the phone to his other ear, a smirk tugged on his lips as he leaned against the side of his desk.
 
“Don't even think about it Vegeta.” The sweet yet venomous voice he yearned to hear warned from the other end of the line. “And wipe that smirk off your face.”
 
“Woman, you're being dramatic.” His voice came out a murmur, Bulma couldn't help but gulp. She missed him so much; she was beginning to wonder why she flew half way across the world.
 
“No you're the one that's being dramatic. Capsule Corporation won't fall without me for a few more weeks-“
 
“Few weeks?” He growled out, not hiding his disapproval. He wanted her here with him; he needed her here with him. She's been gone too long as it is and he was beginning to consider ordering Junichi and Kanaye to haul her back here.
 
“Don't use that tone on me! I know that you know, and I also know that you're keeping it from me just to spite me.” Bulma screeched out, making him wince at her pitch. A light sigh came and then “If the company's progress slows down then just do your usual thing; harass them like you always do.” She had to refrain herself from letting out a chuckle of mirth knowing how his eyes are glowing hot by now.
 
Woman,” His tone was low, dangerous and undeniably sexy causing a shiver run up her spin.
 
“Say that again, you sound so sexy.” Her flirtatious comment made his eyes widen slightly in surprise and the coy smirk returned. He was just about to say something when a knock came to his door, he frowned and told Bulma he had to go and she said her `I love you' before hanging up.
 
“Come in.” He approved and the door opened revealing a woman he had seen before but barely remembered her name.
 
Turning he went to sit behind his desk, glancing up to see her try to impress him with her swaying hips and sauntering walk. Thick brown hair, dark-tanned complexions, and nicely curved body; he would have considered taking her to his bed if he had never met Bulma.
 
“Mr. Ouji, here are your files for today.” Vanessa said in a composed voice. Her heart was beating wildly and she was suddenly very self-conscious of how she looked like even though he barely even glanced up at her from the moment she walked into the room.
 
Suddenly this seductive, highly intellectual woman was reduced to a giddy schoolgirl. Vanessa inwardly scowled at herself; it's not like she never had a boyfriend before. But they were all boys compared with Vegeta….he was a real man.
 
She watched him get up, going over to his shelves of books and folders to take out something that needed to be copied. She bit her lips with want when she watched his muscles ripped under his dress shirt, what she would give to run her hand down his back. Have him pressed up against her, his passionate lips attacking her neck. He was married but she didn't give a damn. She saw her only chance, the only time when Bulma; the personification of perfect, wasn't here.
 
And she seized the opportunity. Walking up to him she pressed up against his chest, before kissing him fully on the lips taking him by surprise. Her fingers weave into his thick hair, silently marveling at how soft it felt. How soft his lips felt against hers when they could look so harsh.
000000000000
 
Hatsumi glanced at her from the drivers' side seeing Bulma clenching her teeth in irritation as she glared at the car tailing them. The sidewalk and street were just crowded with people making the air even more hot and humid.
 
“It's not that bad. It makes me feel like a princess.” She grinned in her carefree way as she turned the car into another street.
 
“It makes me feel like a caged bird.” Bulma grumbled.
 
Hatsumi parked the car, stopping to check herself in the mirror before getting out. Her honey-brown, shoulder length hair was cut and trimmed neatly to accent her soft face. Her green eyes sparkled lively. She looked to her friend, seeing Bulma apply fresh lip-gloss before running a hand through her wild blue tangles creating a messy-but-sexy look. But then again, Bulma Briefs always looked perfect and beautiful no matter what condition.
 
“I'm thinking about cutting my hair soon.” Bulma stated out of the blue before stepping out of the car. Her hair cascade to her mid back in soft waves. A turquoise spaghetti strap, summer dress that reached to her creamy thighs tightly hugged her soft, full figure.
 
“I like your hair the way it is. But a little change would be good.” Hatsumi agreed, getting out the car and walking over to the sidewalk. Restaurants, clubs, bars, and other social gathering places lined up on the side as they passed by. “Where do you want to eat lunch?”
 
“How about some Italian?” Nodding at a nice looking restaurant before taking off her sunglasses. Turning around her blue eyes scanned for two men she knew would be near by, instead she found other men turning their heads to check her out and woman taking a second look at her as they pass.
 
“Lets go Bulma.” Hatsumi's woke brought her attention back to the green walk signal, people already started to cross the busy street.
 
Bulma brushed back a strain of hair, smiling at the friendly old man in front of her when he dropped his wallet in the middle of the road. Bulma bent down to pick it up for him when she noticed he probably had back problems and couldn't bend so well.
 
“There you go, sir.” Bulma handed the wallet back to him, getting a warm smile from him before he said his `thank you' and continued walking.
 
Bulma gasped out when she felt someone push her, tipping her to the hard cement ground. Looking up she only saw the last group of people making it to the other side. She lifted her head when she heard an engine roar, not slowing down; coming straight at her.
 
“BULMA!!!”
 
She barely heard Hatsumi's scream, her body stuck in terror at the oncoming car.
 
000000000
 
“Where the hell is everyone?” Chichi didn't bothered to hid her annoyance, scanning the top floor as she got out of the elevator. No one was there; the whole office was empty except for two other people in their cubical, both eating.
 
“If you do remember to word lunch, that's where everyone's gone to.” Jun laughed out.
 
“I seem to have forgotten that word since this new project was issued and the fact that Bulma mysteriously disappeared.” Chichi's exaggeration made Juu roll her ice blue eyes as they walk towards Vegeta's office.
 
“She didn't disappear, she ran from us because we didn't tell her what she deserves to know.” Juu informed brushing a golden hair back. “Now let's just go in there get him to sign this and go out for lunch. I'm starving.”
 
“And what happened to your so called `diet'?” Chichi teased, as she jerked to door open without knocking. Her chocolate brown eyes took in the scene, freezing her body.
000000000
 
The next thing she saw were ice blue eyes looking down at her in worry and anger.
 
“Bulma…Bulma are you alright?” Junichi's deep voice murmured at her softly, shaking her wake from her momentarily shocked state.
 
“Junichi?! I…I could have…” Taking a shaky breath she leaned into Junichi in daze. One of his arms were already wrapped around her protectively, the other buried in her soft hair, holding her head to his chest.
 
“Died.” Junichi finished for her. If I hadn't make it in time, if Kanaye hadn't found a parking space when he did, if she was dead….His grip tightened around her at the last thought. Looking up to see the black car that had almost killed Bulma disappear around the corner.
 
Her hair matted against her head at the light sheet of sweat that covered her neck and forehead. Her head hurted…a throbbing pain that she had felt right before she went to the hospital came back, her vision blurred as the world spun slightly.
 
Bulma watched Tomoyuki smile down at her and mouth something she couldn't hear nor understand. Her heart nearly stopped when she saw him hold up his gun, mouthing an unmistakable `Vegeta'.
 
She squinted slightly to get a closer look at him, just to make sure it was him.
 
HONK HONNNNKKKK
 
Turning a gasp came when she saw only blinding headlights racing towards her. She froze in her spot in shock and fear.
 
Suddenly a strong hand pulled her back from the road. Bulma jerking back awake from her trance like state. She could feel the strong wind and roaring engine as the bus passed by them in an alarming speed that would have ripped her head off.
 
“Onna!” Vegeta's strong voice called out.
 
“Bulma! Bulma! Are you ok?!” A hysterical Hatsumi cried running up to Bulma and Junichi who was standing a little down the street.
 
Kanaye followed with a serious expression on his face, one that no one had seen before. Junichi met his brown eyes, an understanding passed between them.
 
0000000000
 
Juu's cold eyes regarded the woman coldly as Chichi smoothly walk in the room and properly shut the door behind her tightly.
 
Vanessa was surprised that Vegeta didn't say anything to those two women who were known to be Bulma's best friends. Perhaps he found interest in her too? Her hopes were smothered when she turned back to him. Only coldness, cruelty, disgust, and utter hate reflected his dark eyes as he glared murderously at her. She was practically shaking with fear.
 
Cold raged burnt in him. How dare she touch him, how dare she even think that she was worthy to touch him. Vegeta was a second away from slapping the bitch in the face when Chichi did that for him. The sharp sound of harsh skin to skin contact echoed through the room. Chichi certainly didn't hold back on the slap, which pushed Vanessa back against the wall.
 
“This one is for Bulma.” Chichi snarled out coldness filled her usually warm tone. “Now get out, slut. You're fired.”
 
Vanessa's eyes widen in shock, then anger. “You can do this to me-“
 
“Check the contract bitch. Now get out.” Juu said in a cold tone opening the door for her and then slamming the door when Vanessa got out.
 
Chichi grabbed the files she left on Vegeta's desk before she had hit Vanessa. In a very cool manner she and Juu went over the project outline before asking for his signature.
 
“The last file will be sent up to you by the end of the afternoon.” Juu finished before turning with Chichi walking out behind right.
 
Vegeta finally went back over to his desk; sitting down he started to massage his aching temples.
 
Dbzfanjess- Wow, it's been a while hasn't it? Looks like your habits are brushing off on me (j/k) ::smiles widely::. Bulma won't sink in just yet…she's stronger than that! Thanks for the sweet review ::hugs::
 
little-fighter88- lol! I guess you found your answer in this chapter huh? So what do you think about the new character? ::grins::
 
East Coastie1500- Yup, it was quite shaky with those Junichi and Kanaye at the beginning but I guess it sort of `broke the ice' between them in this chapter, ne? Thanks for leaving me such a sweet review!
 
b-chan2007- mwhahaha, you make my back itch, I'll do that to you! Thanks for the lovely review! ::hugs::
 
Author's Note: So how was that? Not too shabby I hope since it's been a while since I got to write ::pouts:: Seems like Junichi and Bulma is getting a little close ne? mwahhahaha. Review for me plz!!!