Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drama's Of Life ❯ Junichi Guro ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Junichi = Jay = Juunana = 17 = Juu's (18) twin brother. Now on with the story.
 
Thank you little-fighter88 for beta-ing this chapter!!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own'm. I don't own'm. I don't own'm.
 
Chapter 6: Junichi Guro
 
Airport of New York
9:55am
 
“First thing first,” Hatsumi said holding her arm up, signaling one of the many yellow taxis. “Five-star hotel, here we come.”
 
Bulma rolled her eyes as they watched the taxi driver lift their luggage into the trunk, before getting in. The air was cool in the early morning, already the airport was bustling with people coming in and going out.
 
`What should I do now? Where am I going to begin? What the hell am I looking for exactly?' Bulma sighed; disappointed that she wasn't getting any sense of déjà vu at all like she hoped she would. She watched the scenery go by as the taxi started to move.
 
(Cap. Corp.)
Office
 
Vegeta flipped disinterestedly through the many pages of the black binder.
 
Gritting his teeth Vegeta slammed the binder shut making Kanaye jump, quickly turning to Vegeta at the sudden outburst.
 
“Mr. Ouji-san,” Kanaye began, he'd already heard what had happened to Bulma from Goku. “I'm sure she's alright.”
 
Vegeta turned to Kanaye, his face cold and unreadable. His intense gaze studying the man in front of him, measuring his worth.
 
The air in the room was thick enough to cut and for that moment in time, Kanaye fully regretted speaking out loud. If he were any lesser man he would have peed right then and there in his pants.
 
Finally for what seemed like an eternity, Vegeta swung his chair back to his desk. Pressing the button on the phone, this led to his secretary's desk.
 
“Yes Mr. Ouji-san?” The voice of the woman outside came through the phone.
 
“Send Guro to my office.” Vegeta commanded.
 
Kanaye curiously waited for Juunana to appear.
 
(Cap. Corp. 28th floor)
 
Jay leaned back in his leather chair, dropping his pen in a gesture of giving up. He just couldn't considerate at all.
 
After hearing the whole story from his twin seven years ago, it didn't comfort him one bit that Bulma went back there again.
 
Sighing, he rubbed his aching temples.
 
“Bulma…” he whispered into the air. `When had he fallen so hard for her? When did she start to consume his every thought and action?'
 
A hand on his shoulder jolted him out of his thoughts, making him look up.
 
“Guro-san, are you alright?” The petite, yet curvaceous woman asked standing next to him. Fuyumi's dark brown hair fell in waves down her back.
 
“Yes,” Jay answered sitting up. “Do you have something for me?”
 
“Right,” Fuyumi straightened up, opening the folder in her arms for Junichi. “Here's the contract from the last meeting. All they need is for you to sign it and they'll start right away.”
 
Quickly skimming through the document he signed it, just as he was about to hand it back to Fuyumi the phone rang.
 
“Hello?” Jay asked.
 
>>“Mr. Guro? Mr. Ouji wishes to see you in his office.”<<
 
“I'll be right there.” He replied getting up, handing the document back to the woman next to him before beginning to walk out.
 
“Junichi…” The use of his first name from Fuyumi halted his steps.
 
Before he could even turn around, two arms wrapped tightly around him as Fuyumi pressed herself fully against Jay's back. Her head nested on the center of his back.
 
Jay's eyes widened slightly in surprise.
 
“Douzo Junichi. I need you….” Her arms tightened around his muscular form.
 
“Gomen-nasai,” Jay sighed softly, pulling her arms off of him with a certain amount of care. “That night…it was a mistake.”
 
Turning around he could see the tears gathering in her clear blue eyes and remembered what exactly made him take her that one night. Of course the fact that he was drunk didn't help.
 
“No, you don't mean that….” Fuyumi cried, gripping the front of Jay's shirt. “I know it must've meant something to you.” Her eyes held a spark of hope in them as they looked up at the man she had given herself to.
 
“Gomen, Fuyumi.” Jay apologized again, removing her hands from the front of his shirt and quickly moving out of his room. Putting on a mask of indifference, he walked towards the elevators once in a while nodding to a few of his co-workers.
 
Finally getting into the empty elevator, he slouched against the wall in tiredness. Banging the back of his head on the wall as he recalled what had happen that one night.
 
Hell, he barely even remembered have sex with Fuyumi. One of his co-workers had a birthday party and invited everyone over. They all had a good time, drinking and laughing but then somehow he started talking to Fuyumi, one of the shyest employees working for him.
 
Then all he remembered was her blue eyes, one that reminded him of Bulma's. The next thing he could remember was a blur of skin, sweat, and sex. And the next morning waking up naked, in bed next to her.
 
He didn't want to hurt the woman, but he wasn't attracted her to in anyway. `So what was he supposed to say to her? Sorry but I thought you were someone else when I was sleeping with you.' He frowned at his own thoughts, his mind only getting more frustrated.
 
“Binnnggg”
 
The soft sound from the elevator woke him. Standing up straight, he stepped up to the door; waiting for it to fully open so he can get out.
 
“Mr. Guro-san,” Mayumi said from behind the counter when she saw one of the company's master owners coming. “Ouji-sama is inside waiting.”
 
Nodding, Jay walked past the front desk and pushing to heavy oak doors to Vegeta's office open, immediately noting the tension inside.
 
“What the hell took you so long?” Vegeta growled with annoyance. He was sitting behind his desk, looking like a king.
 
“What's up man?” Ignoring the tone in Vegeta's voice, Jay sighed and flopped down tiredly in one of the chairs in front of the desk.
 
“You and Kanaye are leaving for New York in two hours.” Vegeta stated simply.
 
Jay's eyes widen in shock and Kanaye jumped slightly at the mention of his name too.
 
“What?! With him?!” Jay and Kanaye shouted at the same time, looking incredulously at Vegeta.
 
“Don't make me repeat myself.” Vegeta yelled back, his fist curled tightly and the vein in his temple popping up.
 
Seeing the bad signs, Kanaye and Jay settled themselves down. Not wanting to feel Vegeta's wrath after all that had happened.
 
“You want us to bring Bulma back?” Jay asked, leaning back in his chair. At least he's going to find her, instead of being sitting duck here.
 
“Find her but take her back here only when she's ready to come back.” Vegeta ordered in a low voice. Neither men could tell Vegeta's current mood with his mono tone voice and expressionless face.
 
“But she's looking for-” Jay began but got cut off by Vegeta.
 
“Let her look, just keep her out of trouble.”
 
Kanaye raised an eyebrow at the exchange between the two men in front of him. There is obviously something he's missing out on.
 
“What about your promise to her old man?”
 
“I promised I wouldn't say anything. I didn't promise not to let her find out by herself.”
 
Jay frowned.
 
“I'm not sur-”
 
“She can handle it.” Vegeta said with a dismissive tone, locking eyes with Jay.
 
After a short staring contest, Jay huffed and turned away.
 
“Fine.” Jay snorted getting up.
 
(Restaurant)
 
“So of all people, what made you come to me for help?”” Hatsumi began looking at her long time best friend. “Not that I mind.”
 
“For one, you're not lying to me like the rest of them are.” Bulma began with a spark of anger in her blue eyes but it subsided quickly. “And….I don't know. I figured that you might be interested in helping me.” She looked down, focusing her gaze on her fruit drink.
 
“I don't mind helping you B-chan. You know that.” Hatsumi smiled softly. “But this is so insane since we don't even know where to start!”
 
“Then think of this as a paid vacation you never had.” Bulma ginned.
 
Bulma tilted her head slightly in curiosity and confusion when Hatsumi's mouth dropped open, her vibrant green eyes focused on something behind over Bulma's shoulder.
 
Glancing over her shoulder, Bulma watched as a 25-year-old waiter walked past their table with food in his hands. Even she had to raise a fine blue eyebrow at what could be Apollo himself.
 
“O my god….” Hatsumi rasped out, breathless as her head followed the direction where the waiter walked off.
 
“Control yourself woman.” Bulma said in the most Vegeta-like voice she could muster. Silently giggling at how Hatsumi's body was starting to hyperventilate, if one looked closer they can see drool starting to develop on the side of her mouth.
 
“Will you look at him?” Hatsumi said in an amazed voice. “Those golden locks, that chest, such strong jaws, oooo and that ass….what a fine piece of meat he has right there….so tight and…and…HMMMMM…”
 
“Cut it out.” Bulma hissed lowly, looking around them.
 
Hatsumi's moan steered a couple people's attention, staring at the two women strangely. Bulma almost wanted to shrink into the seat that she was sitting in, slowly lifting up her menu to hide her face.
 
When Hatsumi still didn't stop her consistent moaning, Bulma gave a good kick on her leg under the table getting a yip from Hatsumi.
 
“What was that for?” Hatsumi pouted and glared at Bulma.
 
“For being a moron.” Bulma muttered, rolling her eyes.
 
(Plane to N.Y.)
10:52am
 
Kanaye glanced at Junichi, who sat slouched next to him next to the window seat. This dark haired man was considered one of the owners and major business partners of CC but somehow his outgoing, relaxed, fun personality just doesn't seem to fit the job of a stuffy office. Of course if rumors were right then it was his sister that did all the paper work.
 
“Would you gentlemen like something to drink?” A young, blonde flight attendant asked eyeing the ruggedly handsome man that sat near the window, and the handsome man that was next to him.
 
If she had to choose one of them she could seriously stand there forever deciding.
 
“No thanks.” They both replied, not really even glancing at the woman as she walked away.
 
“So….” Kanaye started, turning towards Jay who was looking out the window. “Is there something I'm missing out on in this trip?”
 
Jay turned his green eyes to Kanaye, the man that he had never really met but secretly disliked because of the stories that he heard about him hitting on Bulma. A frown tugged his lips when he thought about the hours he was stuck on this plane with Kanaye.
 
“What's with you making passes on Bulma?” Jay asked hostility.
 
Kanaye looking straight at Jay for the first time as they engaged in a staring contest.
 
Neither men backing down.
 
Kanaye finally snorted turning away, leaving both of them in tense silence.
 
Jay sighed, rubbing his temple.
 
“Listen,” Jay began, running a hand through his sleek dark hair. “We're obviously going to have to work together on this trip so let's stop the bickering.”
 
Kanaye glanced at Jay, seeing his point. It's not like they're going to hate each other all the way there and back, and God knows how long it takes Bulma to come back.
 
“Agreed.” Kanaye said, slouching on the seat to a comfortable position.
 
“Two things though.”
 
“And they are?” Kanaye asked.
 
“Leave Bulma alone, she's out of you're league.”
 
“Yah, well you can't blame a man for trying.” Kanaye muttered defeated. Like he didn't know that she wasn't interested in him in the least bit. It was fun while it lasted.
 
“And lastly, no questions asked about her past.” Jay stated firmly emphasizing each word in that sentence.
 
Kanaye frowned, but agreed to it anyway.
 
A moment of silence passed between them, as all they could hear was the muffed sound of the engine from the plane.
 
“So….you and Fuyumi.” Kanaye smirked at the surprised look on Junichi's face.
 
“How'd you-“ He turned wide-eyed to Kanaye's proud look of knowledge.
 
“Word gets around.” Kanaye replied casually.
 
Jay grumbled under his breath, an irritated look in place.
 
“So you two a couple?” Kanaye asked curiously.
 
Though he would never say this out loud because it would sound just wrong coming from him, but Jay didn't seem to look like the type of guy that would settle down just yet. In this short space of their interaction, and from the gossip of people at work; Junichi seemed more of the wild and handsome kind.
 
“That night was a mistake.” Jay sighed, “I was drunk, and I thought….” He cut himself off before he said too much but a spark of intelligence flashed though the brown eyes of the other man that Jay didn't catch.
 
After that, they settled in a comfortable silence. Each lost in their own thoughts as the plane carried them to their destination.
 
Author's Note: Ahhh, so many new issues going around…looks like Junichi's been in his own little world for sometime. So tell me thumbs up for Junichi or not? Half-watching `We Were Soldiers'.
 
(To my reviewers)
 
East Coastie1500: Awww, your comments are always so sweet. Thanks so much! Haha, I'm sorry for not updating for a while. Hope you like this chapter! ::squeezes E.C.1500::
 
Little-fighter88: Hehe, did this chapter sort of answer that question of yours with Veggie's reaction?
 
nan de mo chibi otoko: Could you possibly know whom it is? ::looks around::
 
Dbz-fan-Jess: lol, couldn't help but leave a cliffy. It's just so tempting. N e ways, I hope you like this chapter! At least there's no cliffy here.
 
b-chan2007: For the person….well I guess u'll just have to wait to find out…mahahaha…::coughs::…Thanks for the review!! ::hugs:: And Vegeta will forever be a stubborn ass, but I guess that's why we all love him so much huh? ::wink:: ff. net won't let u review?!
 
Review for me!!!
 
I need to know if you're still out there ::hears her own voice echo::…