Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Heart's Desire ❯ Debrin Lake ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vegeta was sitting looking up at the board unblinking and intent at the physics teacher's lesson.



Goku gave his saiyan companion a look that said are-you-actually-even- listening-to-this-shit-filled-crap? But the saiyan princess showed no signs of consciousness.



The bell rang everyone got up and raced out the class barely listening to hear if the teacher assigned any homework. Goku and Vegeta were the only ones left inside the class, even the teacher left with the rush to get home - after all it was Friday.



"Err.....Vegeta. Vegeta! Vegeta!!!!! HELLO??!!! VEGETA!!!!!ARE YOU THERE????!!!!!" Goku shook the princess roughly.



Vegeta groaned, blinked and shouted, "What the hell man!? I was sleeping and I just the had the most wonderful dream!!!"



Goku looked puzzled, "Dream? You weren't sleeping. How could you sleep when you were awake?"



"Oh yeah I never told you. I can sleep with my eyes open. Don't bother asking me how because I just can." She stood up and gathered her books. The two saiyans headed up to their lockers they had no problem cause there were no students left and their lockers were beside each others.



"Wow, that's cool! I wish I could." The larger saiyan tried opening the lock with the combination but just ended up getting it totally wrong. He tried several times but it was still no use and he gave up.



Vegeta snorted, "You can't even remember your own locker combination? How stupider can you get?" she opened her locker and deposited all her stuff in it, then she grabbed her black backpack, navy blue jacket, a Walkman and her wallet. Vegeta walked over to Goku's locker and opened his locker with a hairpin. "My nanny taught me how to do that."



"You nanny? Never mind. I keep forgetting how. . . . err. . . . . . .aggressive saiyans are." Goku dumped out his books grabbed his black jacket, dark green backpack, and bunch of cds which he stu8ffed into his bag. "Hey Ve wanna go for a walk in the park?"



* * * * * *



"Debrin Lake is probably the quietest wildlife preservation in the world. Not even people come here much." Goku said.



Vegeta wrapped her jacket over her black shirt that read "I'm a bitch and SO damn proud of it!". It had a picture of a female dog with a devil horns and devil wings and a girl with horns, a tail, devil wings and a pitchfork (I have a shirt like that! I made it myself).



"You should of wore some long jeans. Shorts aren't the best clothes to wear around here. Its always cold in these parts." Goku said observing that the princess was shivering.



Vegeta looked down at her jeans shorts that reached only halfway down to her knees. "Shut - up Kakarrot! I'll wear whatever I want without anyone telling me to, thank you very much!"



"Hey I was just saying that's all. . . . ."



The two saiyans walked around the lake. There were some pigeons pecking at the dirt. Vegeta reached down into her pocket and took out a peanut, she cracked it open and held out her hand.



"Ve what are you doing?" Goku asked curiously.



Vegeta didn't respond. Suddenly one of the pigeons flew to her hand and ate one of the peanuts, Vegeta stroked the bird and the pigeon cooed. "For some strange reason birds like me, especially this pigeon, her name's Paige." The pigeon ate the other two remaining peanuts then flew to her shoulder and rested there. "Here. Try it. They'll fly to your hand but I doubt they'll let you stroke them." She handed Goku a nut.



Goku did the same as Vegeta and stood for a while with his hand extended. He felt rather dumb doing this but if Vegeta could do it so could he. A pigeon flew to his hand and ate a peanut, he tried to touch the bird with his other hand but it flew back to the ground.



Vegeta laughed softly, "Told ya." The pigeon on her shoulder flew away.



The saiyan smiled sheepishly. "Let's get some ice cream. My treat."



* * * * * *



Vegeta sat on one of the big oak tree's big branches that could fit two people, laid back on the trunk and watched the sunset over the mountains. She licked her mint - chocolate ice cream and relaxed - something she rarely does. (I LOVE mint chocolate)



"So Vegeta. Do you like birds?" Goku was also laid back on the tree, next to the princess.



"I guess I do. But I really hate peacocks, they're really stuck up - the males anyway - and just because they have really long and bright feathers." Paige, out of nowhere, flew onto Vegeta's lap and nibbled on the now ice creamless cone. (You know how fast saiyans eat)



Vegeta shivered as a suddenly strong gust of wind blew by, Paige nearly got blown away, if Goku hadn't caught her. The wind died down as suddenly as it came. Paige returned to the shivering princess and carried off the cone.



"Cold?" Kakarrot asked as the saiyan no oujo pulled her jacket tightly around her. He rubbed Vegeta's leg.



Vegeta laid her head on Goku's shoulder and he hugged her. "The VB's tomorrow, wanna go with me?"



Goku grinned, "And here I thought I'd be begging you to go with me!"



* * * * * *



You can actually do that you know. I tried it once, you know the pigeon coming to your hand thing. I saw this old guy do it and I asked if I could try so he gave me nut and I tried and a pigeon came and ate the nut and when I tried to touch it, it flew away. Ironically there was a 'Please don't feed the animals' sign there and I got caught by the park ranger. So I had to pay a fine of $5.00. FIVE BUCKS!!!!!! I could've got a large slurpee with about $2.50 left over!!!!!!