Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Heart's Desire ❯ Thirteen is an unlucky number ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vegeta was restless when she finally went to bed. She tossed, she turned, she even went to get glass of warm milk - which she's never done. As a matter of fact the young princess hadn't been this restless since she found out that Frieza wanted to marry her (it was a lot worse for her when she found out her planet blew up). She opened the window figuring that it was probably just really hot, but when she lied back in bed covers thrown off, she could tell that it was deeper than that. Finally she got fed up with bed and jumped out the window and into the chilling night. Vegeta started walking around in the forest, she was barefooted and was wearing shorts and a tank top.

The creatures of the night peered at her. Wolves howled, bats flew about, owls hooted etc. But she kept on walking. After a while she crouched down and leaned against the only oak tree in the whole entire pine forest . "You know. You're kinda like me." she said to the tree, "You and I stand out like a parrot in the snow. Which makes us . . . . . . alone in the world." She sighed and slipped into a long undisturbed sleep.

=^-.-^= Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z

At the front of the school Bulma waited anxiously for any sign of her friend. "I wonder where Vegeta is." Bulma said. The princess hadn't bothered showing up at school for a whole 2 weeks now, and Bulma was getting worried.

Goku hmpfed, "As far as I'm concerned I hope she lying dead in a heap with the crows picking at her eyes." He muttered loud enough for his friend to hear.

Bulma spun around quickly, "You don't mean that do you?! I thought you liked her?!" she asked incredulously.

"The key word in that question is : liked." The larger saiyan said with a glare. "Besides you know fully well that I already have a girlfriend."

Bulma gave him an exasperated sigh, and said "You're starting to sound like Vegeta." which was a mistake.

Goku looked at Bulma with pure raw hatred in his eyes, the intensity of his gave caused her to turn away. Which was for all the better, for Vegeta came stumbling up the road, like a drunk. Bulma ran up to her and caught her just as she fell. "Vegeta are you okay? What happened? What are all these scars? Are you okay?" Bulma asked as she helped her friend up.

"I . . . . I'm fine." The saiyan said weakly. There were various scars on her arms, but there was a hideous scar that ran from her middle finger up to her shoulder, and it was fresh, not a lot but some blood was running down her arm. She was baggy combat shorts, a blood(y) red tank top, and black combat boots.

"Wha. . . what happened?" A spectator asked as Bulma dabbed her handkerchief along the blood. By now there was a crowd that gathered around. And were whispering and pointing, some were trying to help. But the saiyan princess wasn't in a good mood, and she hated crowds.

She got up as if she weren't in mortal pain. And spat out, "I'm fine!" Vegeta stormed up to the school pushing and shoving people out of her way. On her way up she caught Goku's hollow stare, he looked almost vulnerable, sad even, like it just killed him to see her, she glared at him, then tore her gaze from his face, adjusted her bag and looked straight ahead.

=^..^=

The rest of the day past without much action. Vegeta didn't need to explain much to the teachers about why she was absent, one look at her arms and they dismissed her. Vegeta had Bulma tagging everywhere around her, asking her questions. But no matter how much the blue haired girl interrogated the, seemingly, depressed saiyan, she wouldn't speak. So in the end she just tagged along in silence, only leaving her friends side when she had to go to her classes. Vegeta saiyan no oujo was like a gray cloud that whole day, she didn't speak, she didn't do anything interesting not even bullied someone.

Goku on the other hand was chatty and energetic. He and Chi Chi stuck together like peanut butter and jelly (what?! Don't give me that look!), not leaving each other one moment longer than necessary. But if they had to. . . . . I don't want to say, its too embarrassingly disgusting and Goku is holding me up at gun point. Anyway the only reason he did do that was to show Vegeta that he was doing really good without her and that he didn't need her one bit. Although he didn't realize it at first, but he was trying desperately to make the princess jealous. Trying to make her sorry that she did what she did. But the other saiyan showed on outward sign of jealousy as she passed by them, at a normal pace.

At lunch Vegeta sat huddled alone on the very far side of the school yard under a tree, even though it was raining, she didn't feel like eating and gave up her food to some starving scrawny dogs, who quickly befriended her after that. Goku on the other hand was in the cafeteria with Chi Chi and some of their friends discussing what they should do on the weekend. Bulma looked everywhere for her friend but gave up her search.

Fine whatever! If she wants to be alone then she can just be alone. I'm not gonna waste my time on someone who won't talk to me! Bulma thought angrily, though she knew that her friend needed someone next to her now. She joined Goku at a table, feeling like she just betrayed her only friend, and joined in on the discussion.

Goku made an excuse about needing to go to the washroom, Chi Chi wanted to accompany him (not to go inside you sickos!!!!). But he said he'd be just fine and wouldn't be gone long. But I bet you can guess that he isn't really going to the little saiyans room, eh? Actually he snuck out the back, he lowered his ki dramatically and sneaked over Vegeta, it wasn't raining anymore. He crept through the pushes and was extra quiet. That's when he heard sweetest, gentlest, but fiercest piece of music he's ever heard in his life. It was kind of like a flute that was playing, the notes whispered like wind but had a soft tune in it, but for some reason the music sounded fierce like a soft war cry. He was all at the same time scared, mystified and awed by the wind like sound.

The music abruptly stopped and he heard some barking, he heard voices, a scream, a dull thud, all the while dogs were barking, but suddenly they fell quiet, silence. He felt a strong ki somewhere behind a tree then he saw someone flying away - with Vegeta slung over his shoulder!

............__ /.E.G.E.|./- _______ G.().K.U______ B.U.|_.|/|./-____ (.|-|.I...(.|-|.I