Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts together worlds apart ❯ 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN:- Finally it's Jesse's last night in her world. Not much to say at the moment except thanks for the reviews and please keep them coming.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ!
 
Hearts Together Worlds Apart
Chapter 19: Spoken at last
 
I sat in bed still awake. Trunks and Goten were asleep in their sleeping bags on the floor. I sighed. Why couldn't I sleep? I was nervous, excited, scared, worried…OK that would be why. There was too much in my head to sleep. I needed to sleep but I just couldn't get my head straight.
 
This was it. I would this world tomorrow at midday. I had butterflies in my stomach and I was trembling from head to foot.
 
I got up and walked out of my room and across the landing. I slowly floated down the stairs, my favourite, long white, silk nightgown flowing around my ankles and pooling at my feet. Its material clung to my body comfortingly and fitted my average curves.
 
I sat down in the living after lighting a few candles around the room and some incense to calm my nerves. Every time I closed my eyes they would flick open immediately.
 
A shadow entered the room causing me to jump and cower. I felt a familiar ki. It was Trunks or Goten I was sure. I saw Trunks' figure emerge out of the dark mist caused by a combination of the candle smoke and the dark itself. He came over, his face emotionless, his skin a copper gold from the candle flames. He sat by me silently. No words were needed tomorrow was a big day.
 
“Couldn't sleep?” he asked, shattering the silence. I shook my head, no. “Me neither.”
 
“And Goten?” I enquired.
 
“Asleep mumbling something about fried chicken.” His voice came with a slight hint of amusement.
 
“Figures.” I replied bluntly. We were silent for a while longer. I caught sight of a candle flame dying down and reached over to relight it with another candle. Then I dropped that candle onto the other candle and both went out. We laughed as I got a different candle and relit both successfully.
 
“Jesse?” Trunks asked gently. I turned to look and him, to find him closer than I had thought he actually was. On meeting him gaze I saw a storm of emotion. “You can do this you know…and even at my life's cost I will protect you.” I felt tears emerging.
 
“Trunks no!” I gasped. “I don't want you hurt. A life without you would be worse than not having one. I don't want to lose you. I've lost too many people in my life to take another.” Trunks took hold of my hand and laced his fingers through mine. His blue eyes captured mine and then held them.
 
“You will not lose me.” He said. “That I promise you.” I leaned into his as he let go of my hand and tightly wrapped both of his arms around me. I leant my head onto his shoulder and he bent his head to mine. He whispered into my ear. “I love you.” I didn't move but shifted my gaze to look at him.
 
“Do you honestly mean it?” I asked tentatively. He pulled me closer to him and brought his head down to rest on my shoulder.
 
“Ever word.” He replied. I moved my arms around his neck and sighed. He loved me! And he actually told me that he loved me!
 
“I love you too.” I said softly, with much more confidence than I felt. After this we sat there frozen and silent for a few seconds before I felt his mouth cover mine. As we broke apart Trunks tightened his hold on my waist but moved his other arm under my knees to lift me onto his lap.
 
“Sleep now my little bunny.” He said quietly grinning at me. I sighed and snuggled against him.
 
“That's a much nicer name than Bunnykins.” I murmured. I closed my eyes and dozed in his arms.
 
“I know. You mention that in many of your stories.” He replied smugly. My eye shot opened.
 
“Which ones did you read?!” I gasped. He grinned wickedly. “Second thought don't tell me.”
 
“Fine I won't.” he said. “I'll show you.”
 
“Huh?” I questioned stupidly. “But-“ I was cut off by his lips meeting mine. He gently lowered me backwards and lent over me. He moved on top of me holding my waist tightly. We broke apart and I rested my hands on his shoulders. He lent down again and I vaguely remember my mouth opening, allowing his tongue to slip into my mouth.
 
I was in heaven! My dream guy had come from another world to find me and was now kissing me led across my couch! I kissed back with as much love and passion as I received. We broke apart gasping for air.
 
“A…natural.” He said, panting and smiling like the cat that got the cream.
 
“Do you…try to make…every sit…uation funny..?” I asked. He chuckled.
 
“Not particularly.” He replied. “I…think we should get you to bed.” I nodded. He grinned evilly and I caught the double meaning.
 
“Do you want my dad chasing us into your world with a rake and a shotgun?” I asked.
 
“Point taken.” He agreed. “Not the best way for you to leave.” I sighed and chuckled to myself.
 
“I'm am so glad my parents are asleep.” I said. “Hm…a handsome, sexy young man trying to seduce their innocent little Bunnykins.” He smirked.
 
“If you call that innocent I'd like to see your not so innocent side.” He said. I tapped him on the nose.
 
“Not now.” I said, crawling out from underneath him. I started walking to the door of the living room.
 
“Is that a promise for later?” he asked mischievously. I looked back at him still led across the couch leaning on his elbow, looking at me.
 
“Maybe.” I said. I headed up the stairs. I could then sense Trunks right behind me. I felt his arm snake around my waist as he jumped into the air taking me with him as he flew us up the double set of stairs.
 
“Better be.” He whispered, kissing me on the cheek. When we reached my room he laid me on my bed. I wanted to be with him forever but my eyes began to close. Trunks sat on the edge of my bed and stoked my hair. He kissed my forehead and whispered. “I really did fall for an angel…” After that I was completely asleep but I know he said something else after it and I also know that he was talking to himself not me so I didn't bother trying to stay awake to be nosy.
 
AN:/ Well, they're nearly ready to go. Nearly ready to go! Kami I'm not even half way through this story yet. There are plenty more dramatic twists to come but don't worry Jesse and Trunks are finally together. They leave for the DBZ world and training resumes. Will she fit in? Will she be welcomed into the arms of Bulma, Chichi and all the others? Review and find out. Or no Lemon. Oh yeah I'm gonna have to boost up the rating soon. It'll be an R.