Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ All Good Things Come To An End ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed!

Chapter 12: All Good things Come To An End
Callisto looked at her sleeping mate next to her. She kissed the side of his face before getting out of the bed. Callisto put on her robe and walked out of the room. She walked down the hall to the next room. Callisto walked to the crib and pulled out a sleeping red haired baby. She hugged her to her bosom and purred softly. Had it been two years since Radditz came and changed her life? Callisto was now mated and she had a baby girl that had the beautiful red hair of her royal blood line. The Gods had looked favorably on her at last. Callisto's ears twitched and she turned to see her guard, Nathaniel.
"Milady," Nathaniel said as he bowed is it.
"What is it?" Callisto asked placing her child back in the crib.
"Lord Frieza requests your appearance immediately," Nathaniel said.
Callisto stared at him in disbelief and said, "I am truly cursed." Her legs trembled and Nathaniel caught her arm before she fell. She gripped his hand and stood up. Callisto focused on keeping his breathing slow. "Should I get Radditz?" Nathaniel asked.
"No," Callisto said. Radditz was awake. He had heard the news when she did. She looked at her baby girl. She was now fully awake and looking at her. A bright light appeared in the room and Callifae appeared with another tiger. The tiger was all black. She was smaller than Callifae showing Callisto that she was younger than Callifae
"As you wish," Nathaniel said with a bow before leaving.
Callisto rushed out of the room back to her bedroom. She was in too much horror to even ask Callifae about her companion. When she entered the room, Radditz was fully dressed. He was sitting on the bed staring at her. Callisto busied herself by trying to find an outfit that made her formidable. Radditz knew that this day would come. He feared it as much as she did. "Callisto," he said as he stood up. He walked over to her. She hadn't responded to him and was heavily blocking her thoughts from him. Radditz grabbed her shoulders and turned her around to look at him. Tears were running down her face.
"I'm going to lose you," Callisto said, "He's evil. He'll corrupt you. I must hide you somewhere."
"I'll not hide from him, Callisto," Radditz replied. Callisto noted that he did not say anything about the corruption and she cried harder. She pulled herself away from him and put on her boots. Callisto glared at him. She walked back to him. Her royal red gown gold gown fluttering around her and her red hair pulled up in a bun made Radditz think of a goddess ready for war. He smirked at her. Moments like this made him proud to be her mate.
"I'll not lose you to that monster, Radditz. He'll want you back and I shall give you back. But I don't mean for him to keep you. I'll kill him with my bare hands if need be," Callisto said as she flexed her claws, "we'll have to make it seem like you were my captive. Guards!" Her guards entered the room and kneeled. "Take him and beat him. Let everyone know that Phase 1 has started."
Callisto walked up to Radditz. She grabbed his face with both of her hands and kissed him deeply. Radditz kissed her back. They kissed as if they'd never see each other again. Radditz was the first to pull back. "Go. Do your job." Radditz stated. Callisto nodded and left the room determined to save her planet and keep her mate with her.

Callifae paced around the crib while the young tigress watched her. She groomed her paw and then stretched. She leaned up and placed her paws on the rail of the crib to peer in at the baby. The tigress, then, looked back at Callifae. She pulled herself into the crib and snuggled up close to the baby. She wrapped her around the baby and said, "Mom, I don't think I am ready for this."
"Tookie, you have no choice," Callifae said.
"No choice? What about Raian? She is the guardian of Venecia. There is never more than one guardian of a family," the young tigress replied.
"Raian rejected her. Asyla is a half Ithian and no Ithian guardian will protect her, but you." Callifae stated.
"Mom, I am still a kitten. I don't know much. Mom, you can do this," Tookie pleaded as she lifted her head.
"My time is ending soon with Callisto, Tookie. I am tired and I wish to meet death," Callifae confessed.
"Mother!" Tookie exclaimed and the baby woke up. She cried out and Tookie nudged her gently. Tookie's simple nudge ceased her cries. Asyla gripped Tookie's paws and snuggled up to her. She fell asleep again.
"Do not argue with me Tookie. I know you'll make me proud. I must be at Callisto's side," Callifae said and left the room.

"Queen Callisto, you are looking as lovely as ever," Frieza said on the black screen, "Your hair, it has changed, hasn't it?"
"Yes, it has," Callisto said simply as she sat in her chair. Callifae strolled in. She glared up at Frieza before at Callisto's side.
"Then you must have found your mate. I am so happy for you," Frieza said with fake glee.
"Certainly," Callisto said, "what is your reason for you visit, Frieza?"
"You have something of mine. A certain Saiyan. I am sure he's not dead. Your race is a life preserving kind. If you give me back my Saiyan, I shall leave your planet alone. Isn't that a simple enough deal?" Frieza stated.
Callisto kept her face neutral, but inside she was screaming. She had to make a choice. Her planet or her mate? The answer was simple, but it was going to kill her. Callisto desperately wished she was not Queen. She wouldn't have lost all her siblings to her cruel mother. She wouldn't have been forced to conceive a child with a male that wasn't her mate. And she wouldn't have to give up the love of her life to a monster.
'Stop pitying yourself. Life is not fair. It wasn't meant to be fair. You'll deal with what you've been given. Remember, who you are. Remember, that being queen is your destiny. You still have your connection with Radditz and Frieza can NEVER take that from you,' Callisto thought to her.
"Yes, it is, Frieza. I'll send you your Saiyan immediately. Forgive me if he's not in the same condition that he was brought here. He seems to not understand simple commands," Callisto said with an arrogant smile. Frieza let out a loud shrill laugh that made the hair on the back of her neck rise. Callisto had to stifle a snarl.
"Radditz was never my smartest warrior, but he does have potential," Frieza said.
"I shall send him up immediately," Callisto replied and snapped her fingers.
The screen just went black. She stood up and rubbed Callifae's head. Callisto walked out of the conference with Callifae hot on her trail. There was nothing she could do now. As the queen of Ithia, she had to sacrifice her happiness for the greater good. Callisto wanted to kill Frieza before, but the Elders had forbidden it first. Strike only when provoked. Hadn't they been provoked? He sent his soldiers and killed part of the precious new generation. That was enough provoking for her, but not for them. More than likely Lady Akuji had something to do with that.
Before Callisto knew it, she was at the dungeon. Radditz was on his knees breathing heavily. She hadn't felt much of his pain. He had closed himself off. Callisto rushed to his side and dropped to her knees before him. She wrapped her arms around his torso. Radditz stared at her and hugged her back. The pain had been worth it. If he looked like he was kept as a slave, he'd be accepted back to Frieza. They hadn't really thought about how to get him back. It wasn't even possible.
"I'll see you again, Callisto. I promise you that," Radditz said. Callisto didn't answer. She kissed him deeply again and hugged him. Callisto pulled his hair and clawed a part of his hair. She dug her claw into his neck removing the chip. Callisto could feel his power fluctuate. He had grown much stronger than she had expected. Hopefully, it would She stood up as she held on to it tightly.
"Don't let that cockiness get you killed," Callisto said with a weak smile, "See you in my dreams." She turned and left the dungeon.

Radditz stepped onto Frieza's ship. He rolled his aching muscles. Callisto's guards had really done a number on him. The medics swamped him immediately. He glared at them as they poked and prodded him as they dragged him to the infirmary. Radditz opened his mind to Callisto. She was seeking comfort with his daughter in the bed they shared together for two years.
"Radditz, you lucky bastard, you're still alive," a familiar voice said behind him. Radditz turned to see Prince Vegeta with his arms crossed. He had a smirk on his face as if he knew something that he didn't. "How did you manage to stay alive, Radditz?"
"They were trying to recreate the Saiyan race. They were using my DNA," Radditz explained.
"Really now. Frieza wishes to see you. He sent me to fetch you," Vegeta stated and began walking. Radditz followed after him. He stared at the short Saiyan and began to wonder how'd he feel if he kne8 the truth. He couldn't possibly tell it now. Neither he nor Vegeta were strong enough to fight Frieza on their own. Even if he did tell Vegeta more than likely he wouldn't believe him.
They came to Frieza's chamber. He had his foot on a lowly soldier. His tail was whipping back and forth angrily. Blood stained the tip of it. Radditz and Vegeta, both, kneeled before him. Radditz eyed the now dying warrior. Seeing him made him remember all the horrible things he had to endure before he met Callisto. He wished to be back with her and his hatred for Frieza grew stronger.
"Radditz, my dear boy, stand. Those wounds seem terrible," Frieza said and Radditz stood. He came over and ran his hand over the wounds over his forearm. Radditz had to force himself to step back in revulsion. He had also forgotten about Frieza's preferences. Callisto's cries in his head had ceased. Now she hissed her possession over Radditz.
'Hush, dammit. I cannot think!' Radditz growled.
'He wants! I know that look!' Callisto exclaimed.
'I know. I know.' Radditz mumbled.
'What do you…No? No! I should have never given you back. I…Radditz cut his mind link with Callisto. He wouldn't listen to her scream about what she could've done. It was done now. No reason to look back. Radditz focused his attention back on Frieza, who was still touching him.
"I'm pleased with you, Radditz," Frieza said.
"Please with what, my lord?" Radditz asked.
"Your plan. Vegeta told me all about it. Your plan to make nice with the Ithians and then tell me all their secrets, so we can conquer those troublesome creatures. I didn't think you were that intelligent, Radditz. But you monkeys keep amazing me," Frieza said as he walked back to his prey.
Radditz cut his eyes at Vegeta. How did he know? Why had he lied for him? Radditz would have to ask him later. He opened his mind link to Callisto and said quickly, 'Prepare yourself. Frieza intends to attack. I don't know how, but be prepared.' He closed the link before she could respond and Radditz put on his typical smirk.
"Of course, my lord. I wish to cause much suffering to them especially their queen," Radditz lied.
"Good. I'll have you at the forefront. Leave me," Frieza said, "And Radditz, it'll do you good not to fail me again."
Radditz and Vegeta quickly walked out and when they were away from hearing, Radditz grabbed Vegeta by his armor and slammed him into the wall. He growled at him while Vegeta smirked up at him. "What have you told him?" Radditz asked.
"Nothing about you or your pathetic whore. I merely told him about the Ithian culture and all of the Ithian's war tactics," Vegeta said as he removed Radditz hands.
"How do you know this?" Radditz asked.
"I planted a device on her tail when the bitch attacked me," Vegeta explained.
Radditz's eyes narrowed and asked, "Why are you helping me?"
"I hated the fact that a lower classed Saiyan like you could have saved me. So, I returned the favor. Not to mention, a half breed female Saiyan is better than no female Saiyan at all." Vegeta said walking away, "Funny how an Ithian queen took you as a mate. Just pathetic." Radditz watched him walk away and wondered if Vegeta was jealous that Callisto chose him and not Vegeta. The thought brought a true smile to his face.

So, this is the end of this chapter. Hope you liked it! Please review and stay tuned for the next chapter!