Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ Words Never Heard ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed! This is the last chapter based solely on Callisto and Radditz. I am trying to sum everything up. I am still debating if I should create a story about them. Anyways, please enjoy!

Chapter 13: Words Never Heard
Callisto had heeded Radditz words. She had kept her whole planet on their toes for months. Frieza had not attacked and Radditz's warning was now a year old. Radditz had kept his mind link open to Callisto and she did the same. She had witnessed all the horrors he had commit and he had a place within himself to seek comfort. Callisto showed him his daughter that he had named Asyla. She hated it at first, but she grew to like it. It wasn't an Ithian name, but it'd do. Radditz had said, "Asyla was a fitting name for a proud Saiyan girl." And that was what Asyla she was. She carried strong Saiyan traits. Asyla was courageous and mischievous. Seeing and hearing about Asyla's adventures had made him proud. After the fifth month being away from Callisto and his daughter, Radditz had secretly snuck away to be with them on Ithia's moon. Vegeta and the only other Saiyan, Nappa, had kept Radditz' secret only because it benefited them. Having a female Saiyan alive gave them hope of bringing the Saiyan race back. All they had to do was do the purge missions and say Radditz helped.
Callisto had been beyond excited when she began sneaking away to meet Radditz. It wasn't as if anyone missed her and she felt safer when she was with Radditz anyway. Tomorrow would be the day that Radditz would return. Callisto was busy packing as Asyla played on the ground with Tookie. A sharp pain caught Callisto off guard. She dropped to her knees and held her chest. Tookie seemed to be affected by the same pain and collapsed in an unconscious heap.
"Tookie?" Asyla said shaking hair.
'I am sorry Callisto. I shall await you in the afterlife,' Callifae thought and Callisto screamed when she felt the sharp pain of Callifae departing.
"Hello, Queen," a familiar voice said above her. Callisto looked up at the man before her. His blue hand was wrapped tightly around Asyla's neck. It was the very hand that she was desperately trying to chew off.

"Lord Frieza wishes to see you," The man said. Callisto's vision was blurry from the pain. She couldn't make him out. Callisto let the darkness take her as she heard Radditz screaming her name.
Radditz was sprinting down the hall. He had felt her Callisto's pain. Radditz had urged her to wake up, but she wouldn't. She had been captured along with her daughter and now she was in the ship. Radditz knew exactly she was. She could feel her pain and the constant pain that kept occurring. Radditz came to the doors of Frieza's chambers. He walked in and bowed. Frieza had Callisto's arms chained to the ceiling. Frieza had his tail wrapped around Asyla, who amazingly was not crying. She glared back at Frieza. Vegeta was off in a corner with his arms crossed with Zarbon not to far from him. Vegeta looked at Radditz and shrugged.
'Stay neutral,' Callisto said.
"Oh, Radditz. It is so nice of you to join us," Frieza said, "we were just bargaining with the Queen. Give up her daughter for her life and her planet. Her daughter is exceptionally strong and has no fear. Look at her. The little kitten is actually hissing at me."
"Leave my daughter alone. Enslave me instead. Let her go back to Ithia," Callisto said.
"You're so self sacrificing. She is only one child. You are pregnant with another. Why be so selfish?" Frieza stated.
Radditz kept his face neutral. He wrapped his tail tightly around him and forced himself to not do anything stupid. 'Is this true?' Radditz asked Callisto.
'Yes, I was going to tell you tomorrow,' Callisto replied.
"Selfish? That is my damn daughter. I keep forgetting that you're a damn monster. I can't expect you to care about anything but yourself, you self centered sexually confused…A ripping noise was heard and Callisto stopped in mid sentence as she looked down at her stomach. Frieza's tail had pierced her straight through.
"Now maybe this'll teach you to respect those that are higher than you," Frieza said as he removed his tail, "It's a shame. Now you're down to two children." Asyla walked over to Callisto. She tugged at her mother's dress. She could feel her energy level lowering as well. Her eyes were finally tearing up.
Radditz balled his fists and growled. His power level increased. The bastard had killed his child. First of all, he had touched his wife and harmed her. Even if it killed him, he'd cut that damn bastard's tail off. "Frieza," Radditz growled out.
"Oh, Radditz. I am so sorry. You did say you wanted to cause her to suffer. I seem to have mortally wounded. I could probably prolong her life just for you to torture her. What do you think of that?" Frieza asked as he licked the blood off of his tail.
"Frieza, you…. Before Radditz could finish, the screen in the room came on. Karan was on the screen. He was grinning widely. He tilted his head in respect to Frieza.
"So, you received my present," Karan said.
"Yes. If it wasn't for you, Zarbon would have never been able to obtain her," Frieza replied.
"About that, well, Frieza, you can't have the Queen or her daughter. You see, the Elders want her back," Karan stated.
"I can't do that, Karan." Frieza said.
"You have no choice. You're surrounded. Our whole space fleet has you surrounded. Give up Frieza," Karan said.
"I have your Queen. If you destroy my ship, you destroy her," Frieza stated.
"Frieza, she'll be mourned deeply and it was the Queen's plan to destroy the ship if you refused to give her back. we didn't expect to take her daughter as well. But, rest assured that she'll be mourned after we destroy your ship." Karan said, "But, Frieza you don't wish to die do you? Give her up and we'll let you go," Karan said. Frieza regarded Karan for a moment and then smiled.
"I keep the girl," he said.
"Fine, she's not my kin," Karan said.
A bright light appeared in the room. Tookie appeared. She caught Asyla by her shirt and vanished before Vegeta's energy ball hit her. There was another blinding light and Callisto disappeared too. Karan grinned at Frieza before the screen went black. Frieza swore and then chuckled.
"That cat was craftier than I expected. No matter. There are other planets to be conquered," Frieza said.
Radditz's blood was dripping from his fist. He was staring at the ground as his body shivered in anger. His mate was dying somewhere and there's nothing he could do about it. Worse was that he couldn't even be with her. If she did manage to live, she'd be a reminder of how low classed warriors should never get involved with upper class. He stared at Frieza as he rattled on and on. How he wanted to strangle him.
'Mmm, no worries, it takes a lot more than a gut wound to kill me,' Callisto muttered.
'Our child?' Radditz asked.
'No, but there'll be other times. I…'
"There will not be another chance," Radditz said interrupting her.
"What do you mean?" Callisto asked.
"I put you in danger. You shall never hear or see of me again, Callisto. Goodbye," Radditz replied before shutting off his mind link.
Vegeta had been watching how Radditz inner turmoil had played out. He had been keeping Radditz's secret, but he never said he'd protect his 'family'. It was disgusting that he lay with a female that was not a Saiyan, but to mate with one? It was unheard of. Only a low classed idiot would think that was ok. But what really made him angry was that bitch had humiliated him. She, who was not even a Saiyan, had easily defeated and that damn Radditz had to save him. It made his skin crawl that he was beaten by an inferior creature. Then when he realized after the first year with Radditz being missing, he found him alive with that bitch and they had a child. It had made his skin boil that Radditz had escaped Frieza's clutches when he couldn't, so he told Frieza about him. He discreetly left out his mating with the Queen and his child. Bringing Radditz back to the ship hadn't given him the satisfaction that he thought it would.
"Radditz," Vegeta said following Radditz.
"I have nothing to say to you," Radditz snapped as he walked into his room. He pulled off his armor and threw it across the room.
"Listen, I had nothing to do with Frieza's plan," Vegeta said.
Vegeta would have never kidnapped the Queen or her daughter. As much as he liked to lie to himself, he owed Radditz more than he liked. Keeping his secret would have never been enough to repay him. He hadn't known anything about it until Zarbon dropped her into Frieza's room. Vegeta figured he'd use the Queen to get her army. It had never occurred to him that Frieza would want to keep the child and make her a warrior. The brat did have the right stuff for it. She looked death right in the eyes and hissed until her whole body shivered. Not even he could've done something that brave. Being a female on Frieza's ship would have been a horrible deal even for a female like her. Even as he tried to hold on for his hatred for Callisto, he began to see the danger that he had put them all in. If Frieza found out that the brat was a half breed, they'd all perish. Thankfully, her people had acted fast and rescued both of them.
"You had everything to do with it! If you had kept your damn mouth shut, none of this would have happened," Radditz stated and he turned around to face Vegeta, "Vegeta, we have fought along each other saving both of ourselves from near death. I've seen you as my friend. You probably don't see it that way, but you owe me. I want you to swear on your damn royal bloodline that if I die you'll make sure my daughter stays safe and knows who her father is."
Vegeta stared at Radditz for a moment and said, "I swear."

That day, three years ago, had changed Callisto forever. She was used as the bait of her own plan. It was not suppose to be that. Callisto had lost her third child and a mate at the same time. The last feelings she had felt from him was immense shame. Callisto had wished every day since that she could tell him that it was not his fault. She had to give up on life a few times and Radditz returned to her briefly to yell at her. It made her feel better that he did still care, but he still kept himself locked away from her. Callisto, soon, lost all hope after that and even allowed Karan the chance to have sex with her again. She had tried to love him, but she couldn't. Her shame for betraying Radditz was worse when she found out she was pregnant. Her shame deepened when Radditz opened his mind link only to see him have sex with a whore. Callisto had felt everything even how Radditz had changed. The good in him was disappearing and Callisto couldn't bare it. She blocked him and tried to move on as best as she could.
Callisto was sitting in her room, combing her hair when the wind from her window brought a familiar scent to her. She whirled around to see Radditz standing out on her balcony. Callisto stood and walked over to him. She could not believe he was there. Callisto reached out and touched his armor.
"Is this a dream?" she asked.
"No," he said simply and pulled her to him. He hugged her and kissed her face. Callisto pulled herself away from him.
"Why are you here?" Callisto asked.
"I am tired of being away from you. I have a plan to make sure I stay with you forever," Radditz replied.
"What do you mean?" Callisto asked.
"I am supposed to go to Earth and find my brother. I'll shall make it seem like I perished and I'll return to you," Radditz explained.
"Why can't you stay here now?" Callisto asked and Radditz didn't reply. She ran her fingers through her hair. Callisto knew his answer. He had grown to love killing. He was becoming corrupt. Callisto was the only reason there was good in him. "How long are you staying?"
"Long enough for me to see my daughter," Radditz said as he left the room to go Asyla's. Tookie was in the bed with her. She was slightly snoozing with her tail wrapped tightly around Asyla. Radditz came over to the crib. He remembered that you aged slowly in Ithia. He expected Asyla to be at least a toddler. Radditz picked her up out of the crib and Asyla woke up slowly. She saw Radditz and gave him a sleepy grin. Asyla's tail wrapped around his arm tightly. She reached out to him, giggling softly.
"Hugs are for the weak," Radditz said, "You need to be strong like your father."
"So, am I weak?" Callisto asked walking into the room."Hug her already. There's no telling when she'll see you again."
Radditz embraced Asyla causing her to sigh happily. Radditz gave Asyla back to Callisto who wrapped her tail around the child tightly. "I must leave," he said.
"You know you don't have to do this," Callisto said, "Stay here with us. You can't be touched here."
"You know I can't do that," Radditz stated walking to the door. Callisto grabbed him by the arm. He looked down at her. Her body was slightly shivering. She looked up at him and he cupped her face. Radditz kissed her fiercely.
"Don't go. Please don't go. I feel it in my soul that something terrible is going to happen," Callisto said. She was now at the brink of tears.
"I promise you, Callisto. I will return to you and Asyla." Radditz said and exited.

Asyla claws dug into the table as the screen before her went black. She cleared her throat and tried to process everything that she just saw. That was part of her dream. Asyla was sure that that was the last time she saw her Father. He had come to her to say goodbye. Asyla felt that he wasn't coming back. Her mom had held onto false hope. Asyla licked her lips and said in a shaky voice, "Is that it?"
"No," Vegeta said.
The vision came again and Asyla took a gasp. She knew what was coming next.

Callisto was sitting in a chair feeding Emerald. Her hair was shorter now. It was cut in a bob. Asyla was on the floor playing with Tookie. Another young woman sat in a corner with another tiger in her lap. She was reading to her and the cat. It had been a few years and now Asyla was five. She had matured extremely quickly. Callisto was proud of her in s many ways. She watched Venecia and Raian reading. Callisto looked at Emerald in her arms. Radditz should be on Earth soon and then he'd return to her. Her family would be complete. Callisto smiled down at Emerald and then visions came. She let go of Emerald and Asyla was the first to react. Asyla caught Emerald hit the ground and her wails filled the room.
"Mother, what's wrong?" Asyla asked, "Why'd you drop Emerald?"
Venecia walked over to Asyla and took Emerald. She stared at her mother as she stood up. She began walking to her bedroom. "Mom?" Venecia asked.
"Forgive me. Just…just…leave me for a moment," Callisto managed to say before closing the door behind her.
"Come on, Asyla. Let's go," Venecia said trying to take her hand.
"No! I want to see what is wrong," Asyla said pulling away.
"But, Mom said…"
"NO!" Asyla yelled and Venecia heaved out a sigh.
"Fine. Stay right here. I need to get Emerald settled and I'll be back. We'll go in to see Mother together. Ok?" Venecia said leaving Asyla by herself.

Callisto stared out the window. She was not really seeing but seeing the battle between Radditz, a Saiyan that seemed to be related to Radditz and a green man. Callisto felt every hit that Radditz gave and he received. She gasped and flinched when he nearly missed an attack that could've killed her from the green man. Callisto watched as Radditz stumped his brother unmerciful. She watched as his nephew destroyed his space pod, attacked Radditz and knew that Radditz would never return to her. The blow to his chest from his nephew's head knocked her back as if she had been the one that was hit. Callisto gripped her chest and felt blood trickling down. She watched as Radditz was going to kill his nephew.
"No, Radditz! Don't do it!" she screamed at him, but he couldn't hear her. Somehow she was able to see this even when he was blocking heavily. His brother put him in a headlock to keep him from killing his son. Then, Callisto saw the green man powering up and the tears began to stream down her face. The green man let loose the beam and at that moment Radditz opened his mind link. He said words that he had never told her before.
"I love you. I always have and always will."
The beam hit him through the chest. It went straight through and Callisto dropped to her knees as she felt the hole in her chest. She collapsed in her own blood. Tears were running down her face as she thought, 'I'll follow you into hell itself.' The last thing that Callisto saw was Asyla rushing to her side trying to revive her. Callisto welcomed death.

The screen went black for Asyla could hear the last few memories.
"Shouldn't we bring him back with the Dragon Balls?" Nappa asked.
"No, that would be a wasted wish. Any Saiyan who could be defeated so easily doesn't deserve to live." Vegeta replied.

So, there ya go. I hope you enjoyed. Please review and stay in tuned!