Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ After Shocks ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed! The past couple of days I have been freaking full of muse. So, I have Chapter 14 ready for ya'll and many more chapters soon. Thank you for reading and please enjoy this new chapter!

Chapter 14: After Shocks
"Shouldn't we bring him back with the Dragon Balls?" Nappa asked.
"No, that would be a wasted wish. Any Saiyan who could be defeated so easily doesn't deserve to live." Vegeta replied.
"You bastard," Asyla said softly as she removed the sunglasses. She put them down softly as her mind raced. Her father could have been saved. Her father could've been there for her than Karan. Asyla stared at the table for a long time and looked at the claw marks in the table. Asyla looked up at Vegeta. He had a neutral face as he stared at hers that was etched in anger and complete sorrow. Asyla stood up and pushed her chair in. She walked over to Vegeta and stood over him.
"You selfish bastard!" she said again and slapped Vegeta across the face. Her claws dug into the side of his face, leaving gashes. Vegeta didn't flinch, but just stared at her. He had expected a punch or maybe an attempt to kick his sorry ass to the next dimension, which he needed, but she had slapped him. Vegeta knew that Asyla was upset. She had attempted to kill him when he had insulted her pride and people, but slapped him when she found out he was the main reason that both of her parents were dead. From previous experiences with Bulma, a slap meant that Asyla was defeated in every way. Fighting would be a waste of energy.
"You could've brought him back, but you didn't!" Asyla screamed, "why Vegeta? why? You knew I was alive! You knew he had a mate and a child! why?" She grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him up . Asyla shook him a couple of times before dropping him in his seat.
"He was your friend! He trusted you! How, how could you do that to him? He regarded you with the highest respect. He sacrificed himself for you! My mother could've easily killed him. But he did it anyway not to save the royal bloodline of the Saiyan race, but because he was your friend! You didn't care about that. You probably don't care about it now because he was a low classed Saiyan." Asyla said and laughed bitterly. She stood up against the wall and cried softly to herself.
Vegeta watched her and said nothing. There was nothing to say, He could defend himself, but he wouldn't because he was wrong, very wrong. At that time, Vegeta cared only about himself. His pride did rule himself majority of the time, but he did see the damage he had done. The damage that he was still causing. Seeing her mother die in front of her had changed Asyla in every way. Asyla had been a typical, caring Ithian girl, but seeing her mother die had made her hard. She gave up her spot on the throne to solely be the protector of Ithia. Asyla had seen monstrosities that no female should ever see.
"Because of you, Vegeta, I had a hard life. I was raised by a man that hated me and a Grandmother who believed I was an abomination that should be destroyed. I went through hell and back because of you. I searched all over the galaxy for my father for years only to find out now that he's dead because of you. I had started to hate all Saiyans and I realized that it's just you I hate. Just you. My uncle, my father, whoever the hell Nappa was and the rest of the Saiyan race do not deserve my hatred. Just you, Vegeta, just you." Asyla said, "But I can't even truly hate you, Vegeta. I have to stop and think that if it wasn't for you, Goku would have never killed Frieza and your son would have never saved me from Brolly. I'd have never met Goku or Chi Chi or Gohan. But, if I had a choice, I wish you hadn't let your pride ruled you back then. I wish my father had stayed on Ithia. Selfish of me, but someone else could have saved the galaxies from Frieza. But that's life. I'll deal with what I'm given and not dwell on what I've lost."
Asyla left the kitchen and went up the stairs. She walked past Bulma's bedroom. Bulma opened the door. She reached to grab Asyla's hand, but she sidestepped away from her. Asyla kept her back to her and said, "Bulma, I want to thank you for your hospitality and all that you've done for me."
"It's nothing Asyla. It was my pleasure to help you," Bulma said, "Are you ok?"
"You don't have to play like you don't know. I know you do. I don't want to talk about it and I don't need anything else from you tonight. I think I'll be leaving in the morning. It is not best for me to stay here anymore," Asyla said in a very monotone voie. She continued walking until she got to her room. She closed the door behind her and pulled off her dress. Asyla grabbed the big t-shirt with a dancing cat on it and put it on. She crawled into her pillow and wept silently.

Bulma stomped into the kitchen with her hands on her hips. She had seen the whole thing and was utterly horrified. Vegeta had done this horrible thing to Asyla. It was expected, but she had never thought it'd be this bad. Vegeta had left major parts of his little story. Bulma had figured he'd do that, so she created a partner device for the one that Asyla was using. Bulma saw everything that Asyla did.
For a moment, Bulma wanted to turn her glasses off. She wanted to stop watching, but she just couldn't. Radditz and Callisto was real love. Love that most people couldn't find. what was so horrible that Callisto had followed him into hell, so she could be with him forever. It was the most horrible, but beautiful thing she had ever heard. And now Asyla wanted to leave! Vegeta should have shielded some of the information or left things out, but Vegeta isn't the type to be tactful.
"Vegeta! You, you, you…"Vegeta glared at her and she stopped talking. She could see it in Vegeta's eyes that he felt bad about what he had just expressed to Asyla. Bulma took a seat next to him and rubbed his shoulders.
"I guess this is one of the things that you do regret," Bulma said quietly and Vegeta snorted.
"You've been eavesdropping again, woman," Vegeta said as he shrugged his shoulders away.
"I knew you weren't telling me everything, so I took it upon myself to find out what all you left out," Bulma said as she laid her head on his back, "Everyone does things that they regret. I'm proud you owned up to your mistake."
"Like I give a damn if you're proud of me or not woman," Vegeta growled and Bulma stood up.
She walked to the door way and said, "You can lie to me and yourself, but you really do care about that girl. Come to bed when you're ready."

Trunks turned the door knob to Asyla's door. It was unlocked. He was amazed that it was. He had pretty much figured that she'd lock it. Trunks had started to remember what was going on between the two and if he was her, he'd probably be scared shitless. Thank Kami, he had gotten control of his urges as soon as he did when they were on the island. There was no idea what he would have done.
Trunks opened the door and said, "I really didn't think you'd have the door unlocked." Asyla didn't reply, but he heard her sniffling. He walked over to her bed and kneeled next to her. Trunks pulled the covers back to see Asyla crying. Her eyes stared at him with so much hurt in them. "what's wrong?"
"Nothing. Trunks, I am not in the mood to do this. You're not yourself because of me and it'll be silly for us to continue this way." Asyla said.
"what are you talking about? why are you crying?" Trunks asked as he sat down on the bed.
Asyla leaned up and said, "I'm going into heat. I am giving you signals that I don't understand. I'm misleading you. You don't really care about me. It's just the hormones talking. Just leave before this progresses into something that we both don't want."
Trunks eyes widen and he let everything sink in. that would explain his and hers strange behavior, but not how he felt. He had felt feelings for her when she was recuperating from her ordeal and before when he had first met. He was pretty sure that hormones had nothing to do with that. "Look, I care about you Asyla. I am not trying to ask anything of you right now. I just came in here to spend time with you nothing more. I was out of control before, but that won't happen again. I won't do anything that you don't want me to do."
"You swear?" Asyla asked.
"I swear. Now, why are you crying?" trunks asked and Asyla told him everything. She left nothing out and trunks stared in disbelief that his father had caused all that with by doing one thing. He made one mistake and it changed the course of events that made his life possible.
"I can't hate him, but I want to! I want to so bad!" Asyla said punching her pillow.
"I understand, but like you said nothing is going to change that now," Trunks said holding her to him. He had climbed into bed with her and she was curled up in his arms staring up at him.
"But I really, really wish there was trunks," Asyla said softly. They didn't talk for a long time. Trunks was stroking her hair and staring up at ceiling. He tried not to think about what she had told him. It made him angry. He wanted go and fight his Dad right now, but it wouldn't change anything. It'd make matters worse. Probably make Asyla move out and like with Goku and his family. Trunks really didn't want that. He wanted Asyla with him.
Trunks looked down at Asyla who was sound asleep. He moved to get up and Asyla grabbed his arm. She looked up at him and said, "Stay with me." Trunks nodded and got comfortable again. Asyla snuggled up close to him and fell back asleep. Trunks followed her into slumber a few minutes later.

So, there ya go! I hope you all enjoyed. Please review and stay tuned for the next chapter of I Believe In A Thing Called Love!