Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ Black Eye ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed! I am sorry for taking so long to put up another chapter. I fell ill for a couple of days, but I'm back feeling much better with more creative ideas. Thank you for reading and being patient. Please enjoy this new chapter!

Chapter 18: Black Eye
"You took her to a club?" Trunks exclaimed, "What were you thinking?" He had seen Asyla on the news being loaded into the ambulance. His heart had nearly burst out of his chest when the news reporter said Asyla was in critical condition.
"I was trying to reverse what you did to her!" Bulma snapped back. She was still tipsy and even angrier because Vegeta had not come for some reason. Now her son was trying to scold her for her actions. Her arm was burning badly and if her son didn't get out of her face, he'd regret even coming.
"I'm not trying to cause her anymore problems for her," Trunks explained.
"By ignoring her? By making her feel like you don't care? Yeah, Trunks, I can see how that'll not make more problems," Bulma said sarcastically.
"How'd she get hurt in the first place?" Goku asked. If he could distract them for a moment, maybe he could keep Bulma and Trunks from doing something they'd both regret.
"She saved me from this guy who was trying to her. Apparently, he knew her from a dressing room," Bulma said and Trunks eyes grew wide. It was that bastard that tried to attack her before. He knew he should've beaten him to a bloody pulp or maybe even killed him. 'What am I thinking? Kill him? What's going on with me?' Trunks thought.
"He stabbed her when she charged him. She slammed him into a sink and then rammed him into the wall. He died after Asyla left. She didn't mean to kill him, I don't think." Bulma continued.
"How'd she get gunshot wounds?" Trunks asked.
"Because she was protecting me," Kuro said as he entered the waiting room. His red hair was pulled back in a ponytail now. His bandages could be seen from the black wife beater he was wearing. His black silk dress shirt had been given to Asyla to apply pressure to her wounds. Kuro was in debt to Asyla. He wanted to talk her when she woke up. Thank her and maybe even ask her out when she was healed.
"Who the hell are you?" Trunks asked. He looked a lot like his father when he frowned and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Kuro Fujihara. I danced with Asyla briefly." Kuro said as he glared at Trunks.
"I don'tthink this is the place for you," Trunks said.
"I disagree. This man right here made her open up more than she ever has since she got here!" Bulma exclaimed.
Goku was getting ready to say something, but Chi Chi snatched him down by his arm. She glared at him and shook her head. He closed his mouth quickly. This was not a family member. They didn't need to get involved, yet.
"I really don't care what has gone on between you and Asyla. I'm here because she saved my life and I owe her enough respect to be here to thank her when she wakes up," Kuro said firmly. He could feel Trunks energy level rising and he held his ground. Kuro knew Trunks could kill him, but he didn't care. This moment mattered. If he wanted to be around Asyla, he had to stand his ground.
"This shit wouldn't be happening, Mom, if you had controlled yourself for just one moment!" Trunks said running his hands through his hair. That was it! Chi Chi stood up to say something, but Kuro spoke first.
"One, you shouldn't be talking to your Mother like that at ALL. It doesn't matter how pissed off you are. And two, you're so quick to blame your mother, you're the blame too. If it wasn't for you, Asyla would have never been at the club and would have never needed your mother to cheer her up." Kuro snapped at Trunks.
In a split second, Trunks moved. Kuro caught a glimpse and moved his head, so his punch connected with his eye instead of the front of his face. Kuro slid back and gripped a chair to balance him. He saw stars and held onto the chair. When his vision cleared, he saw that Goku had stepped in front of Trunks and was saying something to him. Then, Trunks and Goku left the hospital.
Chi Chi came over to Kuro. She examined his eye before rushing off to find ice. Bulma came over and helped Kuro sit down. "You are a bold man," Bulma said with a chuckle, "I can't believe you'd challenge a Saiyan like that."
"Saiyan?" Kuro asked.
"Yeah, he's half Saiyan. You didn't…"Bulma said and Chi Chi entered the room holding an ice bag. She cut her eyes at Bulma to shut her up.
"Don't listen to Bulma. She's still drunk. Can't believe everything she says," Chi Chi explained before putting the ice bag on Kuro's eyes. Kuro had a feeling that Bulma wasn't talking gibberish. He opened his mouth to say something but the doctor entered the room.
"Is she okay?" Bulma asked.
"She's stable. The bullets were removed and we stitched her up. She's lucky that none of her internal organs were damaged," the doctor explained.
"Can we see her?" Kuro asked.
"Yes, you all can. She's in room 323. She's asleep. Don't wake her. She needs her rest," the doctor replied.

"Trunks, you have to get a hold of your anger. What you did in there is unacceptable," Goku said. His face was serious, very serious. Goku actually hated having to be serious. There was no fun in it, but this is one of the times where he had no choice.
"That jerk just…he made me see red. Like anyone that gets too close to her or tries to hurt her makes me want to kill that person. And that Kuro guy, who the hell does he think he is? He hasn't known Asyla for less than 12 hours and he's trying to tell me what I'm doing wrong," Trunks ranted.
"Well, you are wrong. You should never talk to Bulma like that again, EVER," Goku said. His voice meant business and Trunks didn't doubt it. Trunks nodded and Goku continued, "But this isn't your fault. Chi Chi told me you bit her, so you'd be protective over her, but you need to control yourself or you'll hurt others. You'll hurt Asyla."
"I can't control it sometimes. It's getting worse," Trunks explained.
"You need to talk to Vegeta. I did okay with Chi Chi because she's human, but I think it's worse if the female is half Saiyan," Goku replied.
"But, I've already made up my mind to break this off until I figure out what to do," trunk said.
"You still need to talk to Vegeta and maybe talk to Asyla. Not tonight though. I think it'd be best if we both left. We should Chi Chi and Bulma handle this one," Goku stated.

Kuro pulled a chair up next to Asyla's bed. Bulma and Chi Chi had remained to talk to the doctor. Kuro had came on up by himself. He wanted to see her alone before they start crowding around. His eye was extremely painful. There is no telling how bad it would've been if he hadn't moved. If he had a scar or couldn't see out his right eye, Kuro swore he'd get revenge even if it killed him which it more than likely would do.
Asyla was sleeping soundly. Kuro brushed her hair over her ear. He really did like her. He didn't know why. There was just something about her. Kuro would stick around even if it meant being pulverized by her psycho ex-boyfriend or whoever he is. Kuro rubbed the side of her face and Asyla erupted in a purr. Kuro jumped back a little shocked.
'Is she purring?' he thought as leaned back over her to rub her face and she was. Kuro shouldn't have been asking who she was but what she was. He smiled and shrugged it off. He'd ask her when she woke up. Chi Chi had found Kuro with his head in Asyla's lap, sound asleep. Chi Chi put on a blanket on him and sat down over by the window. Bulma was still arguing with the doctor about getting Asyla's medical records. If her medical records got into the wrong hands, she would become a living scientific experiment. Nobody needed that and Bulma running her drunken mouth had let a secret loose to Kuro. Chi Chi would have to talk to him in the morning. He couldn't tell anybody. It wasn't really a secret, but the less people knew the better.

At around 9 am in the morning, Kuro bolted awake. His alarm on his watch went off and he bolted upright cursing.
"What's wrong?" Chi Chi asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.
"I'm going to be late for classes. Please tell Asyla I'll be back. I promise," Kuro said before sprinting out of the room.

So, there ya go. Anyway, Hope you enjoyed and please review! Stay tuned for the next chapter!