Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ See You Again ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed! Please enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 19: See You Again
"Listen here, you bastard! You're going to do what I damn say or you're going to lose your fucking job! I want you to give me all her medical records and blood work immediately or I burn down this whole fucking hospital!" Bulma screamed at the doctor.
"Ugh, Bulma, please stop with the yelling," Asyla grumbled as she opened her eyes slowly. The male doctor came over to Asyla. He began checking her over.
"Ma'am, I am going to need you to stay here for a couple of days. Do you understand?" the doctor said to her.
"What?" Asyla asked.
"Sir, we're going to talk in your office and discuss this in private. My friend needs her rest," Bulma growled out before pushing the doctor out of the room.
"Hey, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Chi Chi asked pulling Asyla's hair out of her face.
"Been better. Where am I?" Asyla said as she leaned up.
"Hospital. You've been unconscious all night. The doctors were able to remove the bullets. We thought we're going to lose you," Chi Chi explained and Asyla leaned forward to put her forehead on Chi Chi, She nudged her a little leaving Chi Chi a little creeped out.
"Takes a lot to kill me," Asyla said and she noticed Chi Chi's expression, "I keep forgetting you're not Ithian. That's a family greeting."
"Ah," Chi Chi said. She stood up and grabbed a vase full of red, pink and orange lilies. Chi Chi handed the vase to Asyla. Asyla took it and sniffed at the flowers before sitting it down on the table next to her bed.
"They're pretty. Thanks Chi Chi," Asyla said as she pulled the card free of the flowers.
"I didn't get those. Open the card to see who it's from," Chi Chi answered.
Asyla opened the car and it read:
This was my first time being saved by a woman. It's kind of a new feeling. I never really got to really talk to you before all of that stuff went down. So, I thought I'd give you my number and email address just in case you're not the type to talk on the phone. If you do want to see me again, maybe we I can show you around town when you're healed up.
81-80-3231-1231
Kuro
Asyla smiled at the card and said, "It's from Kuro."
"He was here last night. He stayed for a few hours, but he had to go to class." Chi Chi explained.
"Did Trunks come?" Asyla blurted out. She didn't mean to ask that. She blushed hard and stared at Chi Chi. Asyla could tell by her frown that he hadn't came. She sighed deeply again.
"He did and nearly got to fighting with Kuro. Trunks had been so angry that Kuro was there. All hell would've broke lose if Goku hadn't intervened and Bulma hadn't told Trunks a thing or two," Chi Chi said. Asyla stared in disbelief. It didn't make sense to her that Trunks would try to fight over her. He made it painfully clear that it didn't matter if she moved out or not. Maybe he was just angry.
There was a light tapping on the window. It was Bulma in the car. Chi Chi walked over and opened the window. "Come on! We have to go!" Bulma exclaimed.
"What the hell did you this time?" Chi Chi screamed.
"Come on! They're trying to ship Asyla off to the government. I got all her medical records. Let's go." Bulma said, "Asyla, can you blow up the room?"
"Yeah, I think I still can," Asyla said as she watched Chi Chi climb into the car. She began to yank the needles out of her arm. Asyla locked the door to her room as she gathered her clothes. She dressed quickly and shoved the car in her pocket. Asyla took two flowers from her vase and backed up towards the window. She put her hand out. Electricity popped around her hand as she made an energy bomb. "Static SHOCK!" she yelled and then leaped into the car. Her room erupted in flames.

Kuro rubbed the bruise around his left eye. The purple haired guy had hit him pretty hard. He was out of line by what he said to him, but if he was so upset about her getting hurt maybe he should've been there with her. Kuro had taken the punch like a man and got back up. He would've punched him back, but it wasn't the place or the time. Kuro couldn't even see Asyla being with an overprotective jerk. Kuro had noticed the black haired short man and the black haired tall man. He looked them up and they had been two of the fighters that faced off with that creature named Cell that was killing people not too long ago. It didn't surprise him that Asyla would be hanging around them. If she could take two gunshot wounds and still beat the crap out of a man, she had to be pretty strong.
Kuro had left the hospital early that morning. He wanted to stay with her until she awoke but he had classes. His parents would roll over in their graves if they knew that he skipped classes to watch over a girl, he barely knew that was in stable condition. So to make up for his absence he sent her a vase full of flowers with his number and email address. Kuro hadn't been sure how'd she'd react to them, so during his break from classes he decided to go visit her in between classes.
Kuro reached the hospital and noticed all the fire trucks around it. He ran over and the police pushed him back. "What's going on?" he asked.
"Sir, just step back!" the police officer said.
"No, someone important to me is in there. What happened?" Kuro said as he still tried to get through.
"There was an explosion in room 334," the police officer stated.
"What?" Kuro exclaimed, "Was the girl in there ok?"
"No, everyone that was in there was burned down to ash," the police officer explained and Kuro backed up. He stared in disbelief before turning away to walk away. When the police officer called after him, he ran. He couldn't believe this. She was dead and he hadn't even gotten the chance to talk to her. No, she couldn't be dead. Asyla was too strong for an explosion to kill her, but the gunshot wounds did nearly kill her.
"Damn," he said to himself as he ran back to the University.

"Asyla, you're bleeding," Chi Chi said as she touched Asyla's side. Asyla hissed at Chi Chi. She pulled away from her touch.
"That hurt, you know," Asyla said as she leaned over to link at her wound. It started to close a little bit.
"How can you do that?" Chi Chi asked.
"All Ithian have healing abilities. Some can touch and heal or make food. I, on the other hand, have to link the wound like a cat," Asyla explained as she took a bandage and covered the wound.
"Asyla, do you mind if I take a sample of your saliva later? Do you know the medical capabilities of that?" Bulma asked.
"Sure, Bulma, just not know," Asyla replied as she began to walk towards her bedroom. Chi Chi helped her get into bed and Asyla sighed at the softness.
"Here," Bulma said tossing a small device to her, "It's a cell phone. You can make calls, send emails and all that. I set up an account for you, so if you need to send anything you can."
Bulma and Chi Chi left the room. Chi Chi busied herself with cooking as Bulma watched her while sitting at the table. She'd have to torch Asyla's medical records and give her a fake name. Maybe even change her appearance a little. The police would ask questions about this situation.
"Maybe we should get the gang together and introduce her to them," Bulma suggested.
"No. Not now anyway. She has had enough excitement last night that she doesn't need any more for awhile," Chi Chi explained.
"You've never said no to my ideas before," Bulma said a little surprised.
"You've never gotten me or you or anyone else hurt," Chi Chi stated, "Now get up and help me cook. You're going to learn how to cook something without burning it."

"Hey Kuro, it's 2 in the afternoon! Seriously, lay off the sake," a man said as he walked into his dorm room. He patted Kuro on the back, who was lounging in his chair drinking from a bottle of sake. Kuro hadn't even taken the time to get a glass.
"I have no more classes and I really need this, Hideo," Kuro said taking another drink.
"Shid, man, what happened last night?" Hideo asked after seeing Kuro's black eye and bandages.
"I met this wonderful girl and then she died," Kuro explained.
"Damn, that sucks. But looking at you maybe it was best that you didn't get involved," Hideo stated before sitting down to get on his laptop. Kuro didn't reply. He couldn't get angry at Hideo's comment. Kuro would've said the same thing if he was in his position.
Kuro buzzed in his pocket. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and read the message.
Dear Kuro,
I am sorry I didn't wake up before you left. I realized you probably nearly had a heart attack if you looked on the news or came back to the hospital. I'm not dead. I guess I have a lot of things to explain to you. Maybe when you come see me at my Aunt's tomorrow.
Asyla
Kuro smiled at the message and took another swallow from the bottle before sitting it down. It seemed his day way looking up. He scrolled down and saw the address. Kuro stood up and began to look for directions to the house.

So, there ya go. Hope you enjoyed! Please review!