Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Is an enemy's foe a friend? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: DBZ doesn t belong to me.

After their battle on earth two deadly enemies want to avenge their families and peoples.(Goku/Vegeta/Freiza)

The distance was mere meters, but seemed so far. He crawled towards the globular pod that would carry him away, far away from that place that had nearly become his grave. With a supreme effort he heaved himself into the pod, his hand trembled as he pressed the button to start. When he slumped into his seat, trying to relax, his face twisted into a smirk. Even in this situation he didn't miss the irony in this, the one and only movement he was able to perform without suppressing the urge to cry out in pain was his smirk. It had been a hard fight, one of the har,.no, to be honest the hardest he had ever fought. If his enemy hadn' t been a 3rd class baka who should have been very inferior to him he would have been proud of the outcome of this fight. Worthy opponents were rare.. He wasn't quite sure whether he had killed him ,but at the moment when he had realised that Kakarott had at least lost consciousness it hadn't mattered to him. He had been to relieved to be finally able to leave that stinking planet alive to ponder over any what-if-questions, aside from that he didn't have the energy to give his rival a coup de grâce. It didn't matter, he was determined to come back and if necessary finish Kakarott off before fulfilling his task of destroying what was left of the planet. Sinking back he fell into a troubled sleep.

*******

When he woke up he felt nothing but pain. He hadn t known how many bones there were in his body to be broken and how many muscles to be strained. After another thirty minutes of doing nothing but lying at the ground, barely able to breath and keep his eyes opened he tried to remember. There had been this man who claimed to belong to the same people as his brother whom he had fought a year ago. As well as Radditz this man wanted to convince him to come and join him and his companion, a bald hulk. In the beginning he had been sure that he would be highly superior to the two because of the training he had attended at the Kai s planet.

The giant who was called Nappa by the other man, who introduced himself as Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans, had met with his expectations. He had needed barely minutes to knock him out. Up to the time when he had thrown the giant at Vegeta s feet and had commanded the duo to leave everything had gone according to the plane. When he had seen Vegeta's smirk he had known something had been wrong. Without effort the flame-haired man had grabbed his subordinate by the wrist and had thrown him high into the air where he was blown into oblivion by the still smiling Vegeta. Goku had nearly felt sorry for Nappa but an approaching Vegeta had let him snap out of his thoughts. Although he hadn't wanted anything but slap that arrogant smirk off the other Saiyans features he had offered Vegeta to fly to some lonesome place where nobody could be harmed by their fighting. He hadn t been surprised that Vegeta had refused his offer but had been disappointed that even his appeal to Vegeta s honour as a fighter had failed. From there on he barely remembered a thing, the few memories he could recall where however painful as there where the ends of his friends at the hands of Vegeta, who had used his scouter to find any beings with an above average powerlevel and killed them apparently entertained.. .

When Goku had already laid on the ground, too weak to continue fighting, he had still felt Vegeta charging up and releasing energy probably to destroy town by town. The thought of his beloved ones and the constant rising and dropping of Vegeta s ki had given Goku the energy to crawl to Krillin whose lifeless body had been lying next to him and to take the little bag out of his friend's trouser's pocket. He had been lucky to find two sezu beans left and had eaten one of them. Getting to his feed he had flown to where he had sensed his enemy's ki and had caught Vegeta off guard right over a town the small Saiyan had just destroyed. Using the element of surprise he had released his kaioken attack that had smashed right into the snickering Vegeta's back and injured him severly. However, in the end all his endeavours had been in vain, Vegeta had won. As Goku couldn t sense his ki anymore he assumed Vegeta had escaped. One last hope kept the fighter from breaking down. When he had realised how strong Vegeta was he had instructed Gohan to leave the battlefield ,fly to their house, stay there with ChiChi and hide their ki signatures. Due to that they might have survived. After recalling all the events he finally felt tears streaming down his cheeks as he thought of his friends, he dug holes to bury one by one and sat down to mourn for them.

Plenty of time passed until he managed to get up and fly to his house.

AN: Please review and tell me what you think of this!