Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Is an enemy's foe a friend? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Mh, looks like things have stayed the same- I still wasn't Akira when I woke up this morning. Not that I would give up hope on that one *odd grin *


When he woke up he realised he was close to his destination. He could spot the planet's reddish-orange surface, coming closer he was able to make out the large complex of buildings, BF-148. Returning to this place gave him an odd feeling, as it was the place supposed to be his 'home'. Well, at least most people would have called it that way, as he spent all his time that he wasn't off purging planets at this bleak place. His thoughts wandered back to his present situation. He didn't need a mirror to be certain to make a pitiable impression. He cursed under his breath, that was just what he needed at this very moment. He was still annoyed that he had missed his chance to become immortal and ridden himself of Freiza s slavery forever. Many years of hard training seemed to lie ahead again, not like he cared.Without being constantly bothered by Nappa and Radditz he figured to be able to reach his goal much faster anyway, but when he approached the base and saw Dodoria and Zarbon, his worst enemys besides Freiza himself, awaiting his arrival, leering, he out of a sudden felt kind of lonely. He made one last attempt to at least clean his face of the blood and opened his pod s hatch, trying to look dignified and expressionless, as he straightened his posture immediately after having climbed out of the pod.

His efforts were in vain as Zarbon made out the Saiyans exhaustion in no time and felt it would be exactly the right moment to show the stubborn prince, who had lately become far too insubordinate, his place. Dodoria seemed to think the same besides he was the one to become inferior to Vegeta in terms of power if the prince's strength kept increasing with the present speed. As Freiza had dispatched nearly all Saiyans Dodoria had been sure to never again have someone challenge his power, as the universe's other races were far weaker than his own or annihilated by Freiza or the Ginyu Force. As Vegeta was smart Dodoria was certain that he would soon find out the real fate of his home planet if he hadn't yet. Thinking of his part in that affair Dodoria shivered inwardly.

Vegeta put on his most arrogant smirk as he passed Zarbon and Dodoria, completely ignoring them. However when he reached the base's entrance he saw their reflections in the door's glass. Zarbon was bending down to Dodoria, still smiling evilly, staring at Vegeta while whispering something into the pink alien's ear. At times like these he hated to have his sharp saiyan senses as he could pick up some of their subdued whispering, which didn't exactly cheer him up since they were obviously talking about him.

**@@@**

When he woke up from an unconsciousness that had seized his body against his will he figured days must have passed. He ate the last senzu bean and got up , his head aching severly. Nevertheless he summoned up his energy and took off. He knew he had never flown that fast, not even in his battle with Vegeta but his uncertainty made him forget his injuries and gave him strength he had never known he possessed. When he reached the house he felt the conflicting emotions inside himself stronger than during his flight. On the one hand he simply wanted to pull the door open, run in and look for his family, on the other hand he was truly afraid of what he might find. He stood still for another minute before he mustered up all his courage and slowly pressed the door knob. The first thing he saw was an incredible amount of dirt scattered all over the floor, footprints were leading up the stairs. He was overcome by despair and fear but couldn't do anything but follow them, step by step. By then he was already seized by a gnawing certainty that he would come too late. As he opened the bedroom's door he saw them both. Gohan had fallen in front of his mother, apparently in a last attempt to protect her. Both faces were petrified with the same fear and horror.At least they had died quickly, each of them having one big gash at the head. Goku couldn't stand their sight any longer, tears were still streaming down his cheeks as he stumbled outside, falling into the grass.

After he had spent days mourning, just sitting in front of the house without sleeping, eating or even moving he decided it was time to bury them and think of a plan to have his revenge on the little monster. As a side effect of his rest he had nearly recovered and after he had heaped soil on both graves and placed flowers on them it hit him.

****FLASHBACK***

Nappa was lying on the ground where he had thrown him, pleading with Vegeta to help him. When Vegeta grabbed his big, shaking hand in an attempt to lift him up, he looked into the eyes of the Prince and cleared his throat before speaking in a hoarse voice: -Listen Vegeta, there s one thing you need to know, I have sworn an oath to tell you when it' s time, and I know for sure that I won't leave this planet alive: Planet Vegeta, that you thought to be destroyed be a meteorite was in fact dispatched by Freiza himself after a mutiny to free you had failed. Your father died proudly fighting Freiza and managed to contact me telepathically shortly before he passed out. I am to tell you that he was sorry to have failed you, but that he knows he could count on you. Vegeta, it's your duty to avenge your family and your people and regain their honour by killing Freiza! Promise you won't let them down, Vegeta! He remembered that for once an other emotion apart from anger and malice shone in Vegeta s eyes: deep, genuine grief. -I swear- his voice cracked, I swear by my honour as the Prince of Vegeta- sei that I will kill him mercilessly!, he choked, his voice nearly inaudible. Immediately afterwards he threw the giant in the air.

****End Flashback****

'That' s it', Goku thought, 'I have to find this Freiza guy. I think he had good reason to kill the Saiyans, if all of them were like Nappa and Vegeta! Maybe he felt threatened, or they harmed him similarly to me. However, I guess he will help me to get my revenge on Vegeta, at least if he is informed of that bastards new aim.Nobody can possibly be meaner than this Saiyans!'

AN: Huh, I guess Goku was a little OOC, but just remember, he's lost everything he had, seems like a good time to give up his nice behaviour at least for a time. What's Vegeta gonna do now, and will Goku really manage to get to Freiza?