Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 1 - Preparation and the 22nd World Martial Arts tournament ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of it characters

Lone Wolf

Thanks to Goleta for be the beta reader on this

Chapter 1 - Preparation and the 22nd World Martial Arts tournament

Yamcha's POV

It has been almost a whole year since I recommitted myself to my training. I went to the Lookout to begin some special training with Kami. I thought it would be hard but I have to say that it's even harder then anything I could ever imagine. I spent every wake moment in the Pendulum Room, training and battling against very difficult foes. It took me six months of training before I could beat Freeza for the first time in the room. Then I've already battled the androids that are going to come. I have seen what they can do and I must admit that I am afraid we won't win. I know that I'm so much stronger now but I don't know if my increased strength and abilities will change the course of this battle. I now know why that future boy came and warned us, because if he didn't, we wouldn't had a chance against these monster machines.

I still think about her, everyday. Bulma that is, she's in my mind every hour that I'm awake. I have come to a point where I don't have any hate for her or Vegeta. I figure that's the way things were supposed to happen, at least she's with someone strong who can protect her. I just hope Vegeta truly knows how lucky he is. As for my future with women, I don't think I will have much on one because I don't think I will live past this upcoming battle. Maybe we can't change the future, maybe it is set in stone. Knowing this maybe true, I still push myself to try and change it, so that good people all around the planet will see a new better day. So that's where I sit Yamcha, the man who has seen the terror of the future.

I woke like any other day, just knowing the hardness of the training to come for the whole day. I got up and got ready for my battle against android 17 in the pendulum room. When I walked out onto the Lookout Kami stopped me.

"Good morning Yamcha, why don't you take the day off, you need a rest. I've never seen a person push himself as hard as you," Kami said.

"Well, if I don't then I'm afraid I won't be able to stop this future," I said.

Kami laughed and then said, "Well, you know everyone takes a day off, even Piccolo does not train everyday, go and have some fun today."

I sighed knowing he was right, and then said, "Ok, I guess one day won't kill me."

So I left the Lookout and headed to nowhere in particular. When I arrived in the first town that I saw, I found a poster advertising the 22nd Martial Arts Tournament. It was being held today and it was open to anyone who wanted to enter it. I decided to go to the stadium the second I read about the tournament. I wonder if any of my friends would be there and if they would be, then maybe I could test my increased abilities. When I got there I signed up but I also found none of my friends were there. This made it so that I already knew I would win the tournament by default. Kind of sad if you think about it, I had always wanted to win the tournament but I wanted to beat Goku or at least Krillin to win it.

The prelims were easy as I went through without any effort, heck the whole tournament was easy as I had challenge to my skill. I won the tournament in a record setting time. I was cheered by the crowd as the new champ. Then I went to a nice place to eat to celebrate my victory. I sat alone in the back corner. I went to a city a good distance away from the tournament so I would not be mobbed by people who wanted my autograph. As I sat down, a woman that looked familiar walked up to me. She had long dark hair, purplish-blue eyes and a killer body. I could not place her but I knew I had met her before.

"Hello, champ, I got to see you on the TV today, you have gotten a lot better since you battled us," she said smiling.

I then remembered who she was. Mai, Pilaf¡'s hired spy. I looked at her wondering why she was here, and said, "So where is Pilaf and how are you doing Mai?"

Mai shook her head at the comment about Pilaf and then said, "Well, Yamcha I don't work for him anymore, he was taking me down a bad path that was not helping me. So I quit and know I work only for myself. So how is Mrs. Briefs, you two having any kids yet?"

I laughed at this, smiled at her and said, "Nope, we each went our own way, I heard she's going to have a kid though. Hey, you want to have a seat, I have not ordered my dinner yet."

"Sure, that would be great," Mai said sitting down, "I have to say that you two never seemed right for each other. Your were just too different. So are you going to start playing baseball anytime soon? I made a lot of money betting on you."

I smirked at Mai and said, "Nope too easy, I got bored of it but maybe I'll go into managing or something later on. The waiter is here, I hope your hungry cause I sure am."

The meal I and time I got to spend with Mai gave me new confidence that I could do what I needed to and to get ready for the androids. I found out that Mai wasn't really a bad person, just a person who was being used by a bad one like Pilaf. I gained respect for her and the time I spent around her for the rest of the day, I didn't even think once about Bulma.

The next morning I got up ready to train. I got ready quickly and walked out on to the Lookout and saw Kami smiling at me.

"So, it seems you had a good day yesterday and you said that the day of would not do you good," Kami said still smiling.

"Well I was wrong, now I'm ready to go train again, I think I will battle against that future boy in the pendulum room," I said as I walked into the Pendulum Room.

- 12 hours later -

I walked out of the room tired but still happy from the day before. I still couldn't get my mind of the fun I had with Mai. I looked around to see Mr. Popo still awake standing at the edge of the Lookout.

"Nice job today, I heard that you finally beat that kid from the future and one of the androids," Popo said.

"Yeah sure did, I have to remember to thank Kami for giving me some time off yesterday," I said smiling.

"Well, why don't you go spend some time away from us now. You are done with your training for today," Popo said.

"I think I will," I said going to my room.

Kami walked up behind Mr. Popo and said, "I think that girl is a good influence on him."

"Yeah, and won't he be surprised when he finds out that you hired her to work for you," Popo said smiling, "Your plan is going to be perfect, Kami."

"I think so too, but I have to say that he deserves this more then I can say, it's just odd that I found the right woman for him among his old enemies," Kami said.

I walked out ready to leave and said, "Hey what were you guys talking about."

"Oh nothing, just go out and have a good time, Yamcha," Kami said smiling.